Kenji and Hitokiri

/cough
[I'm so sorry. Life's been in the way. I'll post very soon.]
Kenji laid waste to the unsuspecting HeelNavis in a torrent of flame, then ran for the barricade. If he was been expecting cheers from the NetPolice, however, then he would be quite disappointed. Neither of the two freelancers had access to the NetPolice's voice channels, so neither of them were treated to the outpouring of obscenities from the NetPolice Assault unit. Both of them, however, caught the tail end of the conversation as the NetPolice Commandant deactivated her voice suppressor.

"...ve time for these useless morons! You, freelancer, I order you to grab this one and get him clear of the barricade. Do it!” The last two words were added with such force that it was almost surprising that they didn’t chip away at Kenji’s HP. With that parting gesture, the Commander turned and beat a tactical retreat into the alleyways, with the Assault and Medical units watching her back in a clearly practiced way. From beyond the barricade, the ominous glow of the mysterious Navi’s flame was slowly expanding, growing gradually from a flickering fire to the white-hot blaze of a forge. It burned in total silence, throwing an eerie light on the wreckage and corpses piled around the open plaza. After a few seconds, the figure, visible only as a winged silhouette framed by searing heat.

It was just Kenji, the living flame, and the flame Navi now. Of course, there was one other body in the immediate vicinity, but in a combat situation, an idiot is less than useless, only good for wasting the enemy’s ammunition when they could be aiming at a target that matters. The flame-cloaked figure shifted slightly, its wings shifting with tightly controlled might as he looked around him. Finally, he spoke.

“It appears that I have failed at my mission,” it said in a surprisingly human voice. Its tone was one of amusement, thinly veiled under a cover of mock seriousness. “Though it disappoints me, I suppose I will be leaving now, to find a scene moer to my liking. I warn you not to give me further reason to remain here and fight.”

Silence. There was total silence, as the flame Navi seemed waited for an answer. The NetPolice offered no such answer, yet.

Environment: “BeastOUT” stands in the killzone, a very short distance from the barricade. Kenji and Hitokiri stand just behind the barricade. Three of the NetPolice are retreating into the maze of alleyways. The other three are out of sight.

Hitokiri: 100
Kenji: 80

NetPolice Commandant: 350
NetPolice Assault: 150
NetPolice Medic: 200

NetPolice Recon: 150
NetPolice Demo: 200
NetPolice Sniper: 150

NetMafia Grunt (gun): DELETED
NetMafia Grunt (blade): DELETED

HeelNaviA: DELETED
HeelNaviB: DELETED
HeelNaviC: DELETED

BeastOUT: 1000
Kenji scratched his head somewhat confused, sending small pieces of ash and rubble falling down his back, and cocked his head to the side, studying the inferno of a navi. A rather smug smile stretched across his face as he stood up straight and tall, forgoing the barricade and what little cover it now provided. He crossed his arms and headed out into the open clearing where his blazing opponent stood waiting. He stopped a few feet short of his towering presence, or at least as close as he could get without being turned to ash, and stood there waiting. His grin widened as he let out a cocky laugh and uncrossed his arms in a rather open and friendly gesture.

Keito, on the other side of the connection, shifted slightly in his seat. He was obviously troubled, worried even. This was not uncommon, as he was used to Kenji's daily shenanigans, but this felt... different. More troublesome than usual. He had already reached into his backpack and laid out an assortments of chips on his lap, ready at a moment's notice to react to an attack, a sword chip ready in his hand.

"Well now, I haven't had such an intense fight such as this since I fought Drauchen, and I barely made it out of that in one piece." He chuckled slightly and grinned. "Your little pyrotechnic display intrigues me, it gives off a familiar aura, almost like I was fighting him once more."

A look of nostalgia flashed across Kenji's face as he remembered back to NetAfrica and the harsh battle that ensued there. He blinked for a second, sudden remembrance hitting him, then reached into a small pouch by his waist and pulled out a glimmering scarlet scale from the dragon and admired it closely. He chuckled and fit it back in his pocket and grinned.

"I know it seems hard to believe, but i'm not as stupid as I look. It took A team of five to make even a dent in that Dragon's armor, let alone one incredibly sexy Navi. No matter how attractive I may be, I don't think i'll be able to take you on alone, at least not now." Kenji gave a warm smile and nodded to the fiery vestige before him. "Don't get me wrong, I do want to fight you, but I know my limits, and you are above them for the time being. Until then, i'll be waiting."

A wide mischievous grin spread across Kenji's face as the last few words escaped his lips, giving them an air of mystique.

Summary:
1-4. Prepare to either shundo warp or dodge to safety in case of attack or retaliation.
bumpity bump bump?
After a few seconds, the fire-clad Navi leapt into the sky, leaving behind a pool of red-hot, molten data where he had been standing. He was a shooting star in reverse, a column of heat, flashing off into the sky, soon gone.

The silence returned, but only temporarily. It was soon banished by the sounds of fabric against fabric and hard boots against what resembled gravel and used to be pavement. Raikotsu turned around to see the regrouped NetPolice squad approaching him. "You fought well," said the commander approvingly, even as she gestured for one of her squad to apprehend Kenji. "Most freelancers like yourself are just in it for money and thrills, but you showed real courage out there."

Was that the tiniest hint of an approving smile, behind her face-shield?

In the meantime, the Assault Navi was leading Kenji around the corner at gunpoint. "Hey, chum," he said amiably, loading a fresh clip into his rifle, "I bet your Operator's a nice guy. A nice, law abiding guy, isn't he? Is that why he sent you here to just stand around and get behind our ranks? Nice guy. Tell you what, buddy, how'd you like for the government to cover all the expenses for your next backup restoration? Eh?"

Hitokiri and the Assault Navi turned a corner, leaving Kenji, the commander, and the rest of the squad standing in the shimmering heat of the killzone.
Kenji chuckled and spread his arms out in a friendly gesture, but was interrupted before he could get a word out as Keito opened a comm link to the area. A blurry floating image blinked into existence nearby Kenji's head and floated closely. A rather static voice garbled out of the images mouth, albeit a few seconds delayed from its motions.

"Well now, we're just doing our jobs to serve the community. I'd gladly take you up on your funding offer, we could use the supplies."

"Provided of course that your lovely commander over there would like to go out with me."

Kenji raised an eyebrow and gave her a slight wink, flashing his pointed teeth in the form of a wide smile.
[Haaamgawd. Hitokiri's the one who got apprehended. Editing.]
Kay, edited my post... sorta
"He wasn't talking to you," said the Commander calmly. "We've been called away to another site, so if you're going to be staying in the battle zone, you should follow us." She gestured to her squad, and in unison, they all turned and smartly started marching down the alley, leaving Kenji with the choice to follow them, or find his own path.

"Wait a minute."

Obediently, the entire squad stopped marching and started to glance methodically around, which seemed to have been trained into them as something to do instead of twiddling their thumbs. The Commander turned a rapid about-face and pressed a small packet of data into Kenji's hand. "For your trouble. Now come along; maybe I'll even give you my email address when this is all over." She smirked, revealing a hint of sarcasm, before rejoining her squad.

[Kenji recieves 500z, Guard, and Areagrab]

A burst of automatic fire sounded from a distant alleyway, followed by a weird spurting sound. The squad, however, seemed to ignore it entirely. They were soon rejoined by the Assault member.

[Hitokiri has been deleted. He recieves 300z and Guard.]
Kenji gave a the commander a a confident smile and a swivel of the hips. As she turned around and began marching, he jabbed a playful elbow into one of the netpolice's sides and raised his eyebrow jokingly. The blurry image of the operator floated listlessly nearby Kenji's head, a visible look of disdain smeared across his face as he pinched the bridge of his nose with his fingers.

"Oh don't give me that look! Unlike SOME people, I can actually get a date!" Those last words were so full of hot air, it could melt a firewall.

"Hey now, that's... that's not... I've had a girlfriend before." If Kenji could see his operator's face now, he'd save a screenshot and savor this moment for all of time.

"Oh yeah? Who? You're left hand and your computer don't count."

"...Kelley."

"Kelley? Who the hell is Kelley?"

"My friend from... art class. You don't know her."

"You're full of crap!"

"Well you're full of failure! You're gonna get your ass kicked by the end of this, hell, even if you win, I doubt she'd want a runt like you!"

"Oh that's just cold. I'll show you!"

Kenji jumped up onto the rooftops and followed the officers in hot pursuit, his blood boiling and ready for action.
A bit reduntant, but BUMP
"You know, kid-- unlike us, you don't have a voice canceller up there!"

Laughter and insults filled the air, some of them aimed at Kenji. The Commander let it continue for a few seconds before cutting them off with her, well, commanding tone.

"Get down from there," she snapped. "You're very visible. You'll rat us all out." It sounded like she wanted to add an extra little taunt to the end, but thought better of it. As Kenji watched, the group started to move more slowly and closer together, making the automatic six-checking movements that he'd seen before. Was a fight coming?

"What are you waiting for?" said the Sniper irritably, fiddling with a knob on his weapon. "Get over here!" His words died away, and the streets became silent. Silent, except for the electronic thrumming that signalled that the NetPolice were using their voice cancellers. The silence didn't last long.

The first explosion was distant, nearly a block away, but the light from the red flare soaring into the sky made the alleyway glow a brilliant pink. "Hostiles," snarled one NetPolice unit. "They've spotted us for sure now! MOVE IT!"

The second explosion was in an alleyway almost directly behind them. The flash blinded Kenji, and for a few confused seconds he was half- led, half-pushed down the alley at a sprint. "If you stop," said a gruff voice in his ear, "We leave you. Got that?"
Kenji's bickering suddenly ceased as the red glow of the flare shot overhead, illuminating the alleyway and his "Comrades". He couldn't quite decide if he was either really excited or really screwed. Nonetheless, he started to don his usual grin once more. He couldn't help but feel giddy, and the fact that he now had some teammates meant he had an audience to show off to.

A sudden jab and a ringing sound in his ear told him it was time to go. After a couple of seconds, he realised he was running, or more accuratley being shoved down the alley, at a quick pace. He quit dragging his feet and started sprinting.

"Haha! Now this is a war! So alive this city! Let's have us some fun!"

Kenji started bustling up past the other soldiers eager to enter the fray of battle. He marched up past the last officer before the captain, then turned his head to flash her a smile. The smile quickly melted and slowed down back into the middle of the group. He could swear he saw a glare capable of making a mute scream pierce out of her helmet.

"You were saying?"

Ehhh... I think i'll tone it down a bit for now."

"...I love this lady oh so much right now."

"Don't push it buddy."

Kenji proceeds to remain silent as he rushes down the alley.
"Take this," snarled the Commander, pressing a small object into Kenji's palm. For the rest of the sprinting stretch, growled commands invaded Kenji's senses from all sides. "Put it in your ear-- but keep moving, idiot! Shit, it's a dead end... Stop, freelancer. Turn around. Stay clear of the door!"

Five of the NetPolice professionals formed up in an outward-facing semicircle, except for the Demolitions expert, who started a delicate procedure on the door of a big, old-looking structure. For a few suspenseful seconds, the NetPolice stood at attention, waiting for something. Their weapons, held at steely attention at measured intervals, covering the circle like the thorns of a sea urchin, were as rock-steady as the spokes of a machine. A resonating boom sounded from the door, making Kenji jump. The rest of the NetPolice spun around one by one, in memorized order like dancers in a musical number, and hustled through the door in a tight single-file line. The last one through-- the Sniper-- grabbed Kenji by the arm and pulled him through.

The team charged down a short hallway into a lobby area-- the place must have been a business place, and it was quite large. Two decoratively furnished staircases led to an upper level that extended deep into the building, and a large pair of double doors on the other end of the hall seemed to denote a reception area. The Commander wasted no time in dispensing orders to her men, who stood at attention despite continuing their neurotic patterns of six-checking.

"Alpha team: Freelancer and Jeff, you're on point. Clear the center room and keep me posted. Scotty, Steve, you're with me, upstairs. Mick, Russ, take the side door. Move!"

The Assault unit grabbed Kenji and exhaled, "I'll take point," in a deep rumble. As the other NetPolice hustled off to their assigned routes, the Kevlar-clad Navi charged forward, crashing through the double doors with the bulk of his body, before knocking over a table in the cafeteria-esque bar that was revealed in the room beyond. The entire procedure took him under five seconds, and Hitokiri would be wise to hurry to take cover with him, because of the rows and rows of HeelNavis doing the same at various tables around the room...

Kenji: 180
NetPolice Assault: 200

MafiaNaviA: 140
MafiaNaviB: 140
MafiaNaviC: 140
MafiaNaviD: 140
MafiaNaviE: 140

NetPolice Commandant: 400
NetPolice Demo: 200
NetPolice Sniper: 200

NetPolice Recon: 200
NetPolice Medic: 200
Kenji's years of cowardice has honed his reflexes into that of a skilled ninja. ...that or an extremely lucky bastard. Before he even realized what was going on, Kenji found himself ducking behind an overturned table. Fumbling around through his cloak, he frantically searched for a weapon or device to get him out of this mess. A slight thud caught Kenji's ears, followed by an increasingly annoying beeping sound. He looked around for the source of the noise, finding it rolling slowly towards the netpolice officer. With an outstretched hand, he picked up a small yellow orb and turned it around in his palm.

"huh... that looks rather familiar. Yeah, it kinda look like my... oh shit."

His arms flailing about mad, Kenji hysterically juggled the small hand-held bomb from hand to hand.

"Get rid of the damned thing! Toss it over the table!"

Kenji nodded frantically and tossed the bomb over the table blindly, hoping it would hit one of the random thugs aiming to turn him into swiss cheese. Reacting quickly, Keito slipped in his trusty defensive chip, knowing his partner's plans often go awry, and a little extra precaution never hurt. A glowing blue force-field erected around Kenji's half of the barricade, giving him ample space to launch a counter-attack.

Not wanting to expose himself in the open, he reached into his cloak and pulled out an impossibly large missile launcher that logically speaking, couldn't fit within his robes. With a cocky grin, he aimed the rocket at the ceiling, not caring to even aim the thing, preferring to let the targeting system do its work. As long as he was feeling a bit lazy in terms of aiming, he decided another tracking weapon was necessary. He reached behind his back and unhooked the straps holding staff, twirling it in his hands and slamming it into the ground blade first. Clasping his hands together, he began chanting in an incomprehensible tongue. A string of glowing runes began to flutter from his robes flowing into a wave a floating letters and symbols, swirling around his head and hands. Several glowing orbs began to shift into being around his head bobbing and weaving ominously. With a quick motion with his index and middle finger, Kenji's orbs shot out from behind the barricade, shooting straight out towards the opposing Navis.

Summary:
1. Magbomb1-30dmg+pin(elec)-MafiaNaviA
2. Guard
3. Markcannon1-70dmg(homing)-MafiaNaviB
4. Spirit arrows-70 dmg+Stun-MafiaNaviC
((So, I die like that?
Sorry. Family problems. Father passing away. No munnies for intarnetz. Am at a friends cpu, so dont expect me to be back soon. Is there some dues ex machina that could bring me back?
That, or get the special reward I know is coming?))
[Kuja, I'll talk to Eon about it.]

Kenji, squatting behind the Guard-shielded table, managed to inflict quite a lot of damage without even looking. The curses and shouts coming from the tables deeper into the room were quite satisfying, until the table started to vibrate under the force of the many, many bullets being pounded into it. Chunks of wood were starting to fly, and soon the table and Kenji would both be ventilated by the NetMafia's weapons.

"This isn't good cover, fool," boomed the Assault unit over the sound of his own weapon. He was standing behind a pillar-- he had run all the way over there while Kenji wasn't looking?

"This is just a regular table. I'll lay cover fire, and you will engage them in close quarters. Three... Two..."

The word "one" was drowned out by a continuous roar of automatic gunfire. The Assault unit took a few hits, but even when he was hit square in the chest by a stray shot, he never stopped firing his weapon in order to suppress enemy fire. Bullet casings rolled on the ground like spilled marbles, and it was clear that the Assault man's assault wouldn't last forever...

1. Magbomb1-30dmg+pin(elec)-MafiaNaviA
2. Guard
3. Markcannon1-70dmg(homing)-MafiaNaviB
4. Spirit arrows-70 dmg+Stun-MafiaNaviC

Kenji: 180
NetPolice Assault: 140

MafiaNaviA: 110 (Hiding!)
MafiaNaviB: 70 (Hiding!)
MafiaNaviC: 70 (Hiding!)
MafiaNaviD: 100
MafiaNaviE: 100
((I could just return in a Netpolice outfit. Like a conscript.
Twi said we should just continue as normal, though.. Like I nevar died.))
Kenji couldn't quite make out what the trigger-happy navi was screaming, but he got the gist of it. When bullets start flying, a table is about as good a cover as a wet napkin. He gave the commander a quick salute and nodded, pretending he actually gave a damn about his advice. His trademark grin stretched across his face, his hair standing on end and his eyes alight with excitement.

On the other side of the conflict, Keito was relaxing lazily on his bed reading his new book. He was midway through the climax of an epic battle, when a sudden jolt of apprehension shot down his spine like an icicle. His eye twitched madly as he sat up and reached for his PET. His suspicions were confirmed as he saw the glee glinting in Kenji's eye.

"Oh no. Ohhhh no. Please tell me... oh crap." He started rubbing the bridge of his nose as his usual headache began to form. "You're either about to do something really stupid, or really dangerous. ...or both."

Kenji flashed him a wide grin, "Ya damn right skippy! Don't worry, this plan can't possibly fail, it's ingenious!"

"...you're gonna rush at them blindly and hope you don't get hit aren't you?"

"More or less." Kenji shrugged nonchelantly, "But this plan has a little added spice to it."

Keito let out a disgruntled groan, but nevertheless began fishing through his chip supply for weaponry. If the long and arduous time spent putting up with Kenji's shenanigans have taught him anything, its to not try and reason with him when he gets that look. He decided to just let it go, if he got torn to shreds, then its his own damn fault. After a few moments of rummaging, he found what he'd been looking for and slid them in with all due haste. He muttered something about organizing his chips in a binder as he did so.

Kenji waited anxiously as he remained crouching under the flimsy scrap of wood that couldn't even be called shavings anymore. A soft "Ding!" made his ears twitch as he looked up and saw a glowing blue exclamation point hover over his head. He chuckled and slammed his fist into the ground, creating cracks in the tiled floor. In the fissure of the pavement, blue flames began to swirl and blaze, enveloping his arm. He retracted his arm and flexed it in front of his face. With a satisfied nod, he thrust it into the remains of the barricade and gripped onto it tightly. He flexed and swung the table around, hurling it towards the source of the barrage of bullets.

Pivoting on his right foot, he stood there frozen in place, unmoving. At least it appeared that way to any would-be attackers. He blinked into existence moments later behind the two visible mafia members, scratching his chin with the pulsing claw.

"Hello boys, handsome devil isn't he? You like? One of my favorite little tricks, too bad you won't be around to enjoy it."

As the rogue navis swung around, the flames enveloping his arm began shifting, concentrating into a solid form in the shape of a sword. He gripped tightly on its handle and swung the blade in a series of swift slashing motions, aiming to dice the two into small bite sized pieces. Without wishing to draw much more attention to himself, he dove behind a pillar for cover.

Summary:
1. Rageclaw-20 dmg-MafiaNaviE & MafiaNaviD
2. Shundo warp
3. Fireswrod-80dmg-MafiaNaviE & MafiaNaviD
4. Dodge