Junior and Empress

Junior's Shining Falcon Punch stunned the remaining viruses just long enough for the flaming blast to get past them, on a dead line with the two NetMafia members. It seemed like a given that it would finish off Asylum, but at the last moment, the practically formless body of air broke apart to let the fire pass harmlessly through. As Asylum pulled back together into a humanoid shape, it touched the ground and immediately transferred its data into the form of a massive, black cloud. From within the rapidly swelling and seething mass of darkness, a pair of small, keen eyes looked out as the cloud expanded, complete with tiny sparks of lightning deep within.

"Darkchip! Get back!" Auk shouted, alighting on the ground between the civilians and the viruses with a screech of his iron talons. His wings snapped out in a shielding gesture. The eyes within the mass of darkness turned on Auk, and a huge claw of night shot out, scoring a massive blow across the NetPoliceman's steel feathers. Auk was sent flying off his feet, made an attempt at flapping back into stability, hit the ground, and slid for several yards before he stopped. The wound across his front steamed and festered.

"No way!" Lateralman screeched, rolling in the air to fix his course so that he was shooting right toward the centre of the cloud. Junior beat him there. The Markcannon's energy blast tore right into the centre of the darkness, struck something, and ripped right through it. The cloud that Asylum had become collapsed inward with a horrible roar, flattened out, and disappeared into nothing.

Before long, Empress's systems purged themselves of the paralyzing energy that had kept her fixed to the spot. One of the Powies caught sight of her as she circled around in an attempt to get behind the group. It flapped, transformed, and warped into place high above her. Despite the transfigured virus's massive weight, it was blown just slightly off-course by the air gusting from the Windbox, and left a massive crater in the ground just off Empress's left heel. She kicked away the dual-shot Ringlong, and it bumped over the battle-scarred terrain. Whether her shot had just been good or she had managed to will it into the right place at the right time, both halves of the Ringlog smacked into their intended targets, physically sending two of the Powies for a loop. Empress brought out her trusty whip and sent the ribbon of pain slicing towards Hip. The robed woman gave a cry as Empress cracked her smartly across the wrist, knocking the half-open dictionary from her hand. It dangled uselessly on the end of its chain, with its owner unable to retrieve it.

After Asylum's destruction by Junior's Markcannon, Lateralman had banked away to circle around Auk at high speed. The metal bird picked himself back up slowly and deliberately, pecking at the massive scar on his chest. With a mighty beat of his wide wings and a growl in the back of his throat, Auk rose into the air again. His eyes had gotten even slimmer and crueller than before.

As Empress was doing her number on the viruses and the wordsmith, Junior was taking care of the FighterPlanes. Just a bit of nose-thumbing caught the viruses' attention. They wheeled around in midair, ready to turn their gatling guns on the Navi and rip him to bits with a hailstorm of lead. Instead of doing so, though, they double-clutched and turned toward one another as Junior encouraged them to go ahead and take a free shot. It was almost as if the viruses could hardly believe that he was for real.

The FighterPlanes' sense was their undoing. A wave of flame was roaring around them in an instant, melting off their tough armour. The third part of the group took it the hardest, and was subsequently chopped to bits by Lateralman's sword as he shot past, whooping in triumph. With a furious screech, Auk slammed headlong into Hip, with every one of his thousand sharp feathers standing on end like a vicious metal spikeball. Hip cried out and fell back under the weight of the huge bird. Before he could be dragged down with her, he kicked off and took to the air again, brutally raking his claws as he departed.

With a huge explosion of power, Junior's Soul Finger Shot left no trace of its target Powie behind. One of its buddies made a halfhearted leap at the Navi, but Junior dashed easily out from underneath the falling shadow long before it hit the ground. The last Bunny, which both of the civilians had failed to pay any attention to, fired a spinning ring of electricity at Empress, as if hoping that it would finally be noticed by somebody. However, even that effort was proved to be useless as the attack broke harmlessly on Empress's whip.

Terrain: 100% Normal

Lateralman: 90 HP
Auk: 100 HP

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: 170 HP
Asylum: DELETED!

MetoolEXA: DELETED!
MetoolEXB: DELETED!
MetoolEXC: DELETED!
FighterPlaneEXA: 100 HP
FighterPlaneEXB: 110 HP
FighterPlaneEXC: DELETED!
BunnyEXA: DELETED!
BunnyEXB: 50 HP
BunnyEXC: DELETED!
PowieEXA: 50 HP
PowieEXB: 50 HP
PowieEXC: DELETED!

Empress: 140 HP (1-hit barrier)
Junior: 200 HP

Windbox: 100 HP
Empress moved swiftly as she kept her whip out ready as she was on offense again. Her right arm moving in an exciting itch as she had cracked her whip every now and again having fun with the viruses. "Only a good few of you left now." she had said stating the obvious as she had to access the incoming chip data from her NetOp. Keera's eyes gave off another purple glow as the coding digits flowed through like a streaming river. "ShotGun, Ringlog1, and Recover10 in that order." Keera had noted as the navi caught on responding to the line up and developing a plan of attack.

The battle ensued as she had saw the bird like NetPolice navi had taken heavy damage. Out of all that had ensured, all she could do was smile and then say, "Better him than me!" she still had that cold attitude towards those she thought mostly of pawns rather than allies. She had focused her attention towards the viruses as a thought came to mind staring them down one by one as she had smirked and then snapped her right hand exposing the palm with the double barrel openings exposed in hand.

She had leaned her body to assure that the spread of her shotgun would catch both of the viruses. "Fire!" she had cried out as she aimed her targeting towards the two Powie viruses. She had sent out a blast of the shotgun from hand letting the opening in hand sizzle and sooth over with the stream of smoke before lowering her hand quickly as she had made a quick dash to get into range of the Bunny virus while aligning her aim with that of one of the Fighter Planes.

"I haven't forgot about you...not for a second." she had reassured the bunny virus as she stood to tower over it closely while having her foot placed on a materialized Ringlog. She hadn't let no further distraction keep her from rearing her right foot back and then kicking the log towards the face of the Bunny and watching as it continued rolling aiming for it strike the distant FighterPlane during it's long voyage across the battlefield. Roll on!

Empress had saw that she barely had anytime to make any other attack. Her attention turned towards Auk who had taken heavy fire to prevent the dark chip that was en route on them that previous turn. She had that cruel attitude as she had taken the Recover 10 data in hand as she was about to use it on herself, but what would sparing a bit of Recovery data for some navi be hurting? Besides, he was a good pawn to take their onslaught. She had tossed the Recovery Data into the air to let Auk intercept it. "Favor returned, but do not make me regret it!" she said. Sure it was a measly Recover10, but for what it was worth atleast she was thoughtful for once.

She had turned directing her distortion towards the frontal FighterPlane planning to further weakening it with her unstable body's field. She aimed the wave of suckage towards it as she smiled thinking it would make up for the lost energy she would've made from the Recover10 if the virus would submit to her. As she drew the plane toward her with the unstable field of energy, the Windbox had pushed back with the strong winds.
---------------------------------
Action 1 - Shotgun - 50 Damage @ PowieEXA (+Spread @ PowieEXB)

Action 2 - Movement - Get into Melee Range with BunnyEXB (Get all up in it's Grill!)

Action 3 - Ringlog1 - 50 Damage(Wood) @ BunnyEXB (+Roll @ FighterPlaneEXA)

Action 4 - Recover10 - Recover 10 HP @ Auk

Passive Action - Distortion - Drain 10HP @ FighterPlaneEXA
"Dark Chip? That sounds familiar, but I'm not sure from where." Wes mumbled. It was probably something obvious. He would feel stupid when he remembered again, no doubt, "In any case, its probably a good thing you took that guy out, even if it did seem it bit late for Mr. Self Sacrifice here. If you hadn't followed up with an extra attack to assure his defeat, things could have been a lot worse, though." Wes then looked over the situation to figure out what he should do next. Damn it. That other navi hadn't listened to his request and gone after the viruses instead. If things went on like this, then it'd come down to just their group versus the female navi, in which case, Junior would be worthless, unless they wanted them to break out some support chips. Perhaps Junior would be fine using a weak attack to distract her for the moment and then they could take out the remaining viruses. That seemed to be the best option for now, "Junior! Flash that woman, then take out the remaining enemies! I'm sending you chips now."

"Flash? Do I really have to? I really hate fighting women... It just seems too cruel and barbaric." Junior sighed. He then turned his attention to the strangely named navi. While he really didn't want to strike a woman, he figured it'd be better to do so with a beam of light than with a fist or weapon. His attack would probably be preferable to whatever his allies would most likely dish out in a little bit. Still, he hesitated a bit before gathering energy into his emblem. He aimed it at Hip and closed his eyes, "Please forgive me..." He managed to say quietly before he fired the shining ray of light at the Mafia foe. He tried to look away as he opened his eyes, not really wanting to see the results of his technique. He was glad that now he could get on to attacking his other opponents.

Picking out an airborne enemy he had missed, Junior conjured up a fist of water, which he concentrated on making swing into the virus. As he controlled the hand, he focused a bit of reserve power into the attack to make sure that the plane would stay down from this hit.

A flood of power then rushed into Junior's system as he activated his next chip. He routed all the incoming energy into his right hand and brought it back behind him before thrusting it forward again and unleashing a column of energy at the other remaining plane. Then, to wrap things up, Junior scanned the field quickly with the last chip's lock on system. He just needed to find one threatening presence, then he would release the blast. He just hoped that it wouldn't find that Hip navi... hopefully there was one virus still wandering around for him to take down.

"Okay, that was the last chip, right? Guess I better send one or two more..." Wes thought things over. With the Powies around, it would be better to dodge than defend. That still meant he still had time for one more chip. He noticed Empress healing the one ally navi. While that still left the metal one with more health than the Blur, the Blur should be able to dodge just about any attack, so keeping the tin man at higher life would be a good idea. He just hoped he wouldn't need the Recovery80 again in the near future, "Heads up. Send this to the idiot who decided to play human sheild before putting up a proper defense. He just better make sure that you don't need it before it has the chance to reset."

"Well, while I'm not sure you put that very tactfully, I agree that we should try to help compensate for the chunk of health he lost there..." Junior said, transmitting the healing data to the other navi, "Well, guess I better make sure that I stay in good shape as well." Junior watched carefully, trying to anticipate the enemy's movements. He would need to be ready to dodge.

((1.) Soul Flash, 80+blind, Hippo
2.) MistConv, 100 Aqua+15, FighterplaneEXB (untapped power used)
3.) Powerbolt, 70, FighterplaneEXA
4.) Markcannon1, 70+lock on, anything hostile
5.) Recovery80, Auk
6.) Dodge))
Empress's Shotgun wiped out the first Powie with no further questions asked. However, he strategy of getting right in the Bunny's face didn't quite go as well as planned. As soon as Empress appeared in front of the terrified virus, it got off a desperate shot at close range. What the Bunny failed to take into account was that dratted whip of Empress, which was more than quick enough to swat away the electrical blast with no harm done.

Hip had been watching the proceedings from afar, and had hardly reacted to Asylum's deletion. Now that she had established a concrete idea of where the battle was going, she allowed the massive book to fall open with her hand across the spine. Her finger slashed down and marked one of the words in the tome. "Cataclysm!" she cried. The ground immediately began to shake, just as Junior's Soul Flash began to charge. The ground broke open underneath Junior, and he was barely nimble enough to leap out of the way before a massive eruption of fire -- the falling embers spelling the word "cataclysm" -- roared up from the depths of the network abyss. Just as Junior got clear, he saw that Hip was running past the remaining viruses. She skidded to a halt between them and the enemy. "Whitecap!"

Out of absolutely nowhere, a huge wave of ocean rose, towering far above the Navis' heads. Lateralman wheeled around, saw it, and immediately went shooting off in the other direction, howling in terror. Auk's steel feathers rattled as he threw himself into the air, flapping above the spray. However, Empress, Junior and the lonely little Windbox were left in the tsunami's path, and could do nothing as the great wave crashed down toward them.

Empress suddenly felt a pair of arms close around her waist and a pair of talons sink into her shoulders. Before she knew what was going on, she was fifteen feet above the ground, with a jetpack roaring somewhere behind her and a pair of wings beating with metallic clanks above. The top curl of the wave just brushed her toes. All she could do was watch as Junior vanished temporarily under the force of the water.

"Now that's teamwork!" Lateralman crowed. A piercing screech of rust told Empress that Auk had just clouted him across the helmet with his tailfeathers.

Although he had been thrown several yards by the force of the wave, Junior got quickly back to his feet, unwilling to simply give up after such an assault. His signature flash illuminated the entire field in a most distracting way. Thankfully, it was caused by a blast of light, not the exposure of any indecent bits, and the full force of it was directed at Hip. The Mafia leader shouted in pain, reaching for her eyes. Auk and Lateralman came in on a low swoop and deposited Empress safely on the ground a few feet away. Right away, Lateralman was off again, shooting directly toward Hip as his arm expanded into a massive hammer that threatened to drag him to the ground. With a furious yell, the NetPoliceman raised it, and brought the weapon crashing down on the blinded and helpless summoner. When he lifted the hammer again, there was nothing left.

Meanwhile, Junior carried on with the last of his assault. A watery fist rose from the dregs of the spent tsunami and crushed one of the FighterPlanes. The combination of his Powerbolt and Empress's magnetic field sent another FighterPlane for a serious loop, although it wasn't quite weak enough to be finished off by the attacks. Junior locked onto the single remaining Powie with his Markcannon and blew it to bits. His last act was to send a huge packet of healing data towards Auk, easily dwarfing the far smaller one that Empress was transmitting to the injured NetPoliceman. The rejuvinating energy was powerful enough to repair most of the damage that Asylum's Darkchip had caused.

Auk ducked his head in a gesture of thanks. His eyes were riveted on the final virus. The FigherPlane looked too frightened -- if FighterPlanes could express emotion -- to do anything. A huge sweep of Auk's wings sent a blast of air rolling across the ground. It peeled the FighterPlane apart like a tin can and scattered its fragments to the wind.

Lateralman: 90 HP
Auk: 190 HP

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: DELETED!
Asylum: DELETED!

MetoolEXA: DELETED!
MetoolEXB: DELETED!
MetoolEXC: DELETED!
FighterPlaneEXA: DELETED!
FighterPlaneEXB: DELETED!
FighterPlaneEXC: DELETED!
BunnyEXA: DELETED!
BunnyEXB: DELETED!
BunnyEXC: DELETED!
PowieEXA: DELETED!
PowieEXB: DELETED!
PowieEXC: DELETED!

Empress: 150 HP
Junior: 150 HP

Windbox: 50 HP

VICTORY ASSURED!

Empress gets: 1200z, Zapring1 x1.
Junior gets: 1200z, Airshot1 x1.

BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!

Both Junior and Empress get: 3 FXP!
"Oh man... that was really disorienting. My brain feels water logged." Junior muttered, wobbling a bit, still affected by the shock of getting thrown around by the wave, "It was a miracle I even manage to hit anything after that."

"Maybe we should have held onto the chip, just in case. Oh well, I guess we can try boosting you back up to full health once the chips refresh. In any case, we got a new chip, though it looks pretty weak. However, with its Wind attribute, it might prove useful for something other than just attacking, so I'll keep it in our folder anyway. As for the zenny...." Wes went on, "There's something I want to upgrade you with. It will take a good deal of your buster power away, but it'll probably be for the best in the long run. However, I need you to get about another 800. I'm still kind of in the navi shop's doorway, so I'll get it as soon as you manage to come up with the rest though... try to hurry. Standing here half in, half out is kind of weird. Suitachi will probably start to think I'm up to something."

"Yeah, yeah, I can probably get that pretty easily, though if you're sacrificing my buster stats, you better not leave me unop-ed until you manage to restore its power, okay?" Junior said.

"Yeah, that sounds reasonable... not to mention prudent. In any case, I'll leave our next move up to you, though its pretty obvious you'll follow that girl who will probably stick with the police dogs. Just make sure they don't do anything immoral." Wes instructed.

"That's kind of negative... I doubt they have anything devious planned. In any case, I suppose I will continue on with them. I'd get worried if I didn't keep an eye on things." Junior agreed, waiting for the other three.
Empress had dusted herself after being carried off and then placed onto the ground. She had simply stayed quiet with her lips sealed. Her nerves were so shocked that she felt disgusted to comply to the action with her usual attitude. Keera felt the same, but the chip data incoming kept her distracted to some degree along with the zenny she acquired. She had turned to the screen as Empress head was turned facing away from the large figure of Auk.

"Thanks..." she simply said before walking ahead and then walking past Junior shooting him a flare as well. It was at that point that she started to think that perhaps he had some common sense during the heat of battle to not be such a dunce and try anything perverted. "It seems like I've been misjuding others lately. What a poor calculation on my part." she said looking over her shoulder towards the set of three navis.

"Don't make me regret admitting that..." she simply said walking on further into the war torn area. "Let's find ourselves more bounty, shall we Empress?" Keera said as she reloaded the data into her Folder.Mem file letting her eyes give a flash after finishing recharging the chips.

((Battle 3...))
As the last of the viruses were ripped to shreds by the combined power of their opponents, Lateralman let his sword deteriorate and engaged his radio. Junior, Empress and Auk all heard him loud and clear over their transmission systems. "Thanks a ton for your help, you guys. We would have been done for if you hadn't shown up."

Auk gave the other NetPoliceman a hard glare. Lateralman saw it and shut up with a gulp.

"It seems like this area's been cleared out," the iron bird remarked mildly. Auk clearly wasn't a fan of Lateralman's second-guessing of the powers of the NetPolice. "Your help has been much appreciated. I thank both of you on behalf of the NetPolice. Lat, you report to the upper offices."

"Will do, sir!" The jetpacked blur produced something that looked like a salute. Lateralman erupted in a burst of fireworks that swept the speeding Navi into the sky and into his PET. Auk turned back to Empress and Junior.

"You can make up your mind as to what you do from here," Auk resumed. "If I were you, I would jack out. The area's dangerous, and — what?"

The NetPoliceman's steel-feathered head rose and looked past Empress and Junior. Quite a distance behind them, a bird-shaped blast of green light had struck the ground — the jack-in signature of another Navi.

"Both of you, jack out or stay here," Auk ordered, as if the civilians were trainees he had been put in charge of. He leapt up into the air. His powerful wings sent wind blasting down on Junior and Empress as he flew towards the jack-in point on the edge of vision, slowly shrinking into a little grey spot.

Something dark leapt up to meet him in midair.

Empress and Junior could faintly see some kind of weapon being drawn. The silhouette, riddled with little bristles in the torso area, landed three quick strikes that knocked Auk viciously towards the ground. Just before the damaged NetPoliceman could hit the panels, he erupted into a flurry of steel spikes that dashed away into the darkness vaults overhead.

Another figure pushed past the first and took off at top speed towards Junior and Empress. Carried on some digital breeze, the civilians could hear a faint but highly maniacal strain of laughter. With Auk dispatched, the attacker took up the chase of the fleeing form.

More bolts of light shot down, marking jack-in points all around the pursuing figure. These Navis, Junior and Empress saw, were attempting to block the chaser's progress. The runner carried on with barely an acknowledgement behind her — for, growing closer, the civilians could discern a feminine shape — her head down and her legs pumping. The pursuer began to carve indiscriminately through the semicircle of Navis that had appeared to intercept it.

The runner was only thirty or so yards distant when she raised her head and saw Junior and Empress. She skidded to a halt with her fists clenched. Her short, crystal-blue hair blew outwards, riding on the breeze of her own passage. She was a nicely curved Navi, wearing a black bodysuit with detached sleeves and legs. The missing section in her collarbone area, triangular in shape, showed a goodly amount of bosom. Her boots and gauntlets were red, with golden stripes around their upper circumferences. Over her navel was her Navi symbol — a heart being torn in two.

"Who are you!?" the Navi demanded of the two civilians. She clenched her fists, and a pair of tentacles exploded out of the ground on her left and right sides. They waved threateningly towards the pair of Navis. "Are you with the NetMafia, or with us?"

Behind her, two more interception Navis fell in a single sweep. She looked back, acknowledging the larger threat of the pursuing Navi. However, her tentacles remained where they were, refusing to let Empress and Junior try anything funny. The last of the interception Navis went down, and with a howl of laughter, the chaser was off again.

"This psychopath," the female Navi said to herself with a huff. She turned to face the running Navi as he approached. Another tentacle burst out of the ground, this time between herself and the chaser. "I swear, I'll rip the fool apart."

"Cornered, Futa?" the running Navi practically gibbered. He was a wild-looking one. The green beret atop his messy dark hair was tilted at a crazy angle. His plum-purple bodysuit and flare-sleeved overshirt had been scuffed and torn in many places. Inexplicably, he carried an attaché case that bumped against his leg as he ran. However, certainly the most absurd aspect of him was the veritable arsenal of weapons jammed straight through his chest and out through his back, shoulders and upper arms. There was a sword, axe, halberd, pickaxe, a number of arrows, and many other instruments of violence arraying his person. His flat golden eyes were wide in the grips of madness, and spilled coding like blood trickled down the corner of his chin.

The chasing Navi stopped a good twenty yards from the Navi called Futa. Despite the air of insanity that hung about him, his voice was like music moulded into words. "You have been running for far too long, you cowardly little girl," he said. "Are you so weak that you must hide behind your subordinates to survive?"

"Get stuffed, Nightingale," Futa snapped. "You think I wanted to fight someone who had defected from my unit? I was one of the few who were sure that you were innocent of the Darkchip usage charges!"

"And yet they attempted to delete me," Nightingale said, calmly, with a thin and rueful smile. For an instant, it almost seemed as if he were sane again. "And you did nothing to stop them. A most excellent friendship."

"Yeah, well, now you're working with the Mafia, idiot. And now I'm going to gut you like a fish!" Futa glanced back at Junior and Empress. Her features were chiselled of solid, furious stone. "I don't know who you think you are, but stay out of this. Nightingale's mine!"

Nightingale: 2000 HP
Futa: 1200 HP

Empress: 150 HP
Junior: 150 HP

Revenge or right? HERE WE GO!

BATTLE 3, START!
"Damn, we just healed that guy..." Wes muttered as Auk went down. He'd probably be revived at some point, so it was probably fine. Besides, he seemed to have been looking down on them a bit, so it didn't really bother Wes all that much. It would have been kind of depressing had it been Lateralman instead of the bird who had been deleted. While he had been as helpful in battle, at least he gave them credit for helping rather than treat them like a nuisence. The bird brain had probably figured that recieving help from outsiders would get in the way of a promotion or something. That's why he hated the net police. Even when you try to help them they're ass hats. Of course, that begged the question of what to do now. While she wasn't being very polite to them, this newcomer who he assumed was Netpolice at least had good reasons for wanting to keep things one on one. If one of his allies betrayed Requiem, there's no doubt that he'd want to take them out himself as well, "Hmmmm..... what to do. This seems to be an issue of pride. It'd be rude to intrude, the rhyme being unintentional. However, I've never been fond of the Ukitake-Kaien logic, not that we owe it to this navi to save her life if she needs it. Besides, this guy already took out our meatsheild. We wasted recovery on him as well. That is somewhat of an issue. Had he killed the other officer, the decision would be simple, not that I'm complaining. Hmmmm..." Wes thought some more, "Let's make some preparations. I don't want to interfere if we don't have to. Of course, there's no doubt that if this chick loses, the new bird over there will turn on you two. We had better be prepared for what happens. I say set up a cross and lay a few ground plans. Since this guy's type seems to be wind, we should make something to counter that... I'm thinking Red. Go for it."

"Huh? Just let her fight on her own? If you're looking at the same readings as me, she can't take nearly as many hits as he can." Junior protested.

"There is more to a battle than HP, so for now, let her do her thing." Wes instructed, a bit more firmly. Junior was acting on his sense of heroism. However, the other had more pride at stake than just a simple sense of manliness. He would side with her for this arguement.

"This is going against everything I stand for... I was taught that it was a man's duty to help girls in need. However, I'll hold back for as long as I can, though its because she asked me to, not because you said so." Junior said, clenching his jaw a bit. Didn't girls normally dream of being saved by heroic guys? Maybe he wasn't as cool as his uniform made him feel.

"Fair enough." Wes nodded. It wasn't his intention to force Junior to change anyway, "You could learn from her, Junior. This is the duty of a leader. Hunting down traitors... Hopefully it is a duty we don't have to preform ourselves." Wes paused for a second. The very thought of having to delete a former comrade for the sake of the rest of the group was depressing. Trying his best to banish that thought from his mind, Wes decided to take action. Picking out a chip and slotting it into the PET, Wes addressed the cop navi, "I'm sending a Countbomb. It will explode after a few minutes, thus striking your opponent, which I have marked on an enemy. At this point he will no doubt recognize my navi as a threat and attack him. We'll have no choice but to attack when that time comes. However, until then I'll try my best to keep my navi out of this. Try to finish things up by then..." A metal box appeared on the field. A clock was attached to the side, with a timer that began counting down. Wes thought a bit. He knew it wasn't very much time, but he also knew that it wouldn't be a good idea to let things drag out too long. Now he would leave things up to Junior, not that he had much to do. Wes slotted in one more chip as a precaution.

"So, a defense? Its not like I'm getting involved in the battle enough to actually need it, though." Junior sulked. Just watching this would really bother him... he waited impatiently for the timer to reach zero. In the mean time, he'd prepare himself. When the time came, he would rush in and crush the villian. He closed his eyes and focused his energy. It was time to change form. He concentrated on one of his allies, Red. His body suit turned red above the waist while the lower half became black. Both his shoes and gloves changed to red as well. A hood and cape formed from the top of his head down past his waist. A robber-esque bandana appeared over his face. Finally, a red skirt appeared around his waist. The cross was complete. He was now ready to fight. Unfortunately he was not yet allowed to.

Junior hoisted up a red shield with a bit of regret. Standing around and doing nothing made him feel worthless, though he had been asked and ordered to. Sensing the power of the wind, Junior channeled the air to form a raging wall in front of Empress. Hopefully it would throw off any attacks sent her way and make sure she didn't charge into the fight for the time being. then, not being able to resist, Junior peeked from around his guard and shot a wink at the net mafia navi, hopefully slowing him down enough for the police navi to get in some good shots and avoid being hit herself. Junior then prepared to dodge any incoming attacks. With any luck, he would at least be able to distract the opponent.

Wes sent a quick message to Empress and her netop, "I ask that you two stay out of this for now as well... Honor is at stake, so I think it'd be nice to give her a bit of time to deal with it on her own before we jump in."

((1.) Countbomb, 50 HP, 100 in two turns
2.) Red Cross Lvl1, Normal/Wind, +10 to normal chips
3.) Guard2, reflects up to 120
4.) Sexy Wink, stun x4, Nightengale
5.) Dodge
6.) Dodge
Gust: Blow in front of Empress to sheild from attacks))
Empress had let out a "tsk" from her tongue and teeth as she had turned her shoulder towards Auk. A word of thanks wasn't enough from these NetPolice goons or whatever. They should've been groveling at the help that the girl and her "subordinate" had given to the NetPolice. Sure there was the fact that it was the joint effort, but she was too full of herself to admit it. Besides, let's not question the unit of battle who has skills in whip play that would bring one to their knees. She had turned to Auk as he started to fly off responding to the distant Jack in signature. Once again the suggestion came: Jack out or stay here. As the mechanical bird flew off only to meet with the fate of being attacked by the distant navi, two things came to Empress's mind from seeing that, but she thought out loud.

"That's pathetic. He tells us to log out only to become mincemeat himself?" Empress had said lowly to herself as she had folded her arms for the usual hot headed pose of patience. The other thought kept to herself. Whoever clipped birdy's wing sure must've had one heck of a bounty on them possessing that much power. She was on the verge of uttering a cuss word or two along with that remark as she turned her back about to signal to Junior to turn and leave since it wasn't much nothing more to do for that spineless bird navi, but she had stopped as she was caught off guard by the scene that appeared afterwards.

The pursuit and slaughter was something that quickly grasped attention. Honestly it was never a dull day around this part of the net lately, and right now Empress was loving it. This only mean there was another struggle between forces and where there was struggle, there was the usual side vs. side situation where one was good and the other was evil to the point where they had some large amount of zero's appearing behind their head. Keera had lowered her head as her finger flicked to load a battlechip by mental Mem.Folder, and Empress was about to act, but only stopped as she had been confronted by the navi.

Was she with the NetPolice or the NetMafia? Her answer was pretty simple, "It doesn't matter, because if another tentacle waves in my face your deletion along with the criminal's will be icing on the cake." But the thought that went through her head was faster than her lips as she didn't get the words out. The sudden drop of navis bodies were something that caught her eye as they were more like a sign. This navi was someone worth time and deleting not for just the money.

It seemed like a mix of betrayal and bad blood as far as she saw it, but to her it didn't really matter. One of them had turned NetPolice while the other was Mafia. She didn't anticipate the thought of that possibility. Dark Chips were like marijuana on the market, so if she bagged the crook along with the data of dark chips he carried, the that meant that there would be a good extra value in it for her.

"Stay out of it she said?" Keera asked as she had relayed the message back towards Empress getting a nod from her navi confirming those words. It was clear that the case was a rivalry or a thought of severing bonds from the past. Something the navi was most familiar with when it came to family, or at least that she once called. She had stared towards the female figure with a hint of admiration, but Keera had shook her head ridding herself of the feeling. "She's nothing like me and Empress." she had noted to herself. "...but, that means she is a loner. Such a typical role she's trying to hold up knowing that good and well people don't change just because a coin has only two sides." she had said only repeating the words she once told herself. Maybe this navi wasn't nothing like Empress, but she came awfully close trying to cut the ties that bind. With nothing more Empress had heard Juniors words only to let them fly into one ear and out the other as she moved into an approach immediately aligning herself with Futa's far right. Point proven, no one could tell her what to do.

"Worthless pride..." Empress said as she had taken frontline as she had folded her arms and lowered her head in wait. She didn't say nothing more as she simply sat there letting the wind blow and sweep at her dress. It wasn't the fact that someone told her to do something, but it was the deep feeling that if someone asked her to stay out of something as she would for them, she'd expect the same. Not only that, but she wanted to use this fighter like a pawn and see what this enemy's attacks and tactics were. He may have been out of her league, and maybe not, but still, it didn't hurt to see what he could do, and that would leave the doll to go into action and simply bag their enemy.

"Hmph!" That's all Empress had let out as she had turned her back and glanced from the corner of her eye towards Futa. "Hurry up and die so Madam Shadowess and I can clean up your mess." she had said as she sat there with her eyes closed until she made a Met shield Materialize with the turn of her shoulder to hold it up to her right side where the enemy was as she stared towards Futa. She had awaited for any enemy actions so she could simply dodge out of the way with her ready defensive position. She had let her body resume it's usual powerful vacuum of data to steal it from the distant NetCriminal.
-------------------------------

Action 1: Approach and Rush (Irritate) Futa

Action 2: Guard1 - Reflect 60 Damage

Action 3: Dodge

Action 4: Dodge

Passive: Distortion - Absorb 10 Damage @ Nightingale
"Don't worry, honey," Futa snapped back at Wes, not taking her eyes from Nightingale. The weapon-filled Navi was withdrawing a huge sledgehammer from where it was embedded in his ribcage. "I will be done long before you lot get in my way."

She shot the Countbomb a sideways glance and leapt towards Nightingale. A little purple seed appeared in her hand and she hurled it to the ground at her feet. It burst open in a cloud of noxious gas that spread outwards like an explosion of nausea. The stinking wind tugged at Junior's new red cape, and the disgusting mist rolled up against Empress's Guard.When the purple fog cleared, the paint had been burned off the bottom half of Empress's shield, and a wide stretch of the battlefield directly underneath Futa and Nightingale had been corrupted into a bubbling, clearly venomous marsh.

Above the swamp, Nightingale and Futa were hard at work.

The NetPolicewoman swung a cannon up into Nightingale's face. He knocked it aside with the long handle of the bloody sledgehammer he had withdrawn from his abdomen. He coughed at the fumes rising beneath him, causing blood from the back of his throat to spray in Futa's face. The NetPolicewoman blasted him in the stomach with her cannon, sending Nightingale skidding back; when he stopped and slammed down his sledge head-first to steady himself, his midsection was notably charred. It would take more than that to delete him.

Nightingale looked up again. His golden eyes barely registered Junior and Empress. In a flash of purple and green, he swung his hammer towards Futa. But it was changing even in the middle of its arc — becoming larger, made of some kind of jade-like stone, morphing into the shape of a bird's head. The force of the impact sent Futa sprawling across the marsh. She clanged off Empress's shield, causing it to erupt into junk data. The Netpolicewoman lay still long enough for Junior to get off his signature wink at the NetMafioso; Nightingale dropped the hammer and grabbed at his chest as though he had been stabbed.

"Bastard," Futa hissed as she picked herself up, pushed Junior away, and wiped the coughed-up blood away from her eyes. An upward sweep of her arm brought a tentacle erupting out of the fetid swamp; a horizontal one sent it shooting towards Nightingale. He could do nothing to avoid it, and was slapped resoundingly across the face. More blood flew, and the tentacle vanished into the muck. When Nightingale brought his head down again, he was still smiling.

Terrain: 60% Normal, 40% Poison

Nightingale: 1730 HP [Stunned!]
Futa: 1040 HP

Empress: 150 HP (Shielded by Junior!)
Junior: 170 HP (RedCross!)

Countbomb: 50 HP (2 turns until detonation!)
Empress had looked on towards the intensity of the battle. Even though this navi seemed formidable, she was taking quite the while. There was no rush as she had looked towards the time bomb like it was a beacon to act. Watching Futa battle was starting to become a bit entertaining seeing she was putting up a fight for a navi with lower Stamina than her enemy. Than again, Empress did impossible like that before too. She folded her arms as usual simply taking in the fight like some kind of examination. It seemed if they leapt in now, Nightingale would be more of a problem than one would think.

"So far, so good..." Empress had muttered lowly after seeing a few of Futa's moves. If it wasn't for that wink, Nightingale could've gotten his chance to put Futa on the defensive. She had looked towards him as he was shoved keeping her arms folded. "Where's your honor now?" she asked quite aware of his little wink. It'd catch someone off guard and was rather quick, so she had the idea he might've tried to sneak it past her and Futa from around that massive guard shield he was holding.

Her feet felt something beneath. The ground was eating away like acid during the battle. Empress's eyes had winded remembering Futa had thrown something down during her lunge for her offensive. "Swamp..." she had lowly as she quickly moved around carefully on the terrain to stay away from the swamp area that had a good chance of catching her in it's area if she didn't stay mobile. She made sure to pick a small patch of area to stay close enough to lunge forward and attack after growing bored of the battle and yet to keep a good distance from any of the toxic panels constant damaging effects.

"Hmm...a poison field? A risky gamble..." Keera had added as Empress sat staring towards the area with hands curled into fists. She had received the incoming chip data as she had looked up towards the battle. She had stared off towards the open area as she activated the chip "fan" and lifted her right hand making the large machine come into view as it's data accumulated in small squares. She had heard the low hum of the fan start up as she had started towards the windbox blowing into Nightingale's area. She wasn't giving assistance in her own way, she was just making something so she could take her seat and watch this battle. She didn't feel like butting in on business right now. She had set her "criteria" anyway announcing it to Futa.

"Okay let's hurry this up." she had said lowly under her breath as she watched them. She had leapt into the air and onto the Windbox fan as she blew placing her hands along it's surface. She was sure to cross her legs and let her dress lay flat remembering that Junior was a pervert. She had bigger paranoia than the thought of him looking up her dress again, but who would really want someone witnessing the color of GM pantaloons? Her hair and clothes had swayed along with the rushing air from the Windbox. She had stared out towards the path it had blown in as the toxic fumes of the Poison panels were carried with it.

"Eventually, we'll have to destroy this guy." she had commented towards Junior even though her eyes were staring towards Nightingale. She had tapped her fingers along the windbox as she had patiently waited. "Not because to help her, but in the thought of letting someone else walk away with compensation that's for Madam Shadowess." she had added as she stared forward and then pressed her hands against the surface of the windbox in case she had to push off and avoid an incoming, or straying attack from the battle at hand.

As Empress sat there, something had opposed the wind that was blowing in her favor. She had felt the distortion around her grow in magnitude as the space had aimed to drain away more energy from Nightingale secretly since it was a rather small amount.

-------------------------------

Action 1: Clear Away from Swamp Panels

Action 2: Wind - 100 HP Barricade (+ Distort Enemy Attacks)

Action 3: Hop onto the corner of the fan. (Nice view from here!)

Action 4: Increase Reaction (Prepare to dodge by kicking off the fan.)

"Poison? Is this girl suicidal?" Junior asked, as he leapt back, getting out of the terrein change's range.

"Hmmm.... not necessarily. She may have something like Floatshoes equipped. Of course, it seems unlikely that a flying opponent would be affected by this either." Wes mumbled, thinking aloud, "More likely, she threw out the panel seed in order to provoke the response you two have already taken. By making the flooring in the center of the battle tercherous, it deters you two from venturing in close and interfering in the battle. Quite clever, this one. Of course, in the end preventing us from joining may indeed prove suicidal." Wes thought a bit more, "As I said, though, I don't like Ukitake/Kaien logic so much, so we'll make sure she doesn't die. We have the recovery80 chip and a nice little arsenal. If she gets down past 300 HP and the bomb still hasn't gone off, there's a good chance I'll let you go in."

Junior got a little less tense. While the situation would still be bad at that point, at least he'd be able to step in and prevent any furthur harm. He continued to stand there, then responded to Empress's comments, "My netop's way is not my own. I agreed not to fight and I've yet to use an attack." Junior replied flatly.

"I suppose that depends on your definition of attack. It did no damage but... hmmm...." Wes thought about it before saying, "Well, in the long run, its probably fine. Since the other has more health, giving her a slight edge in speed, at least for a moment is just evening the odds. Plus, I'm about half certain we will need to help her soon, so this is just a bit of that help in advance."

Junior stood silently. Concentrating on the air, he focused into some pressure and tried pushing it down on Nightengale. It wouldn't stop his movement entirely like he had done last turn, but it would make it feel like gravity was having a greater affect on him. He then went back to talking to Empress, "And I fully intend to. If things get too bad, I'll even go one on one with this guy. I've gone up againt tougher." Of course, when he had, he had been defeated, but no need to mention that. He was still sure he could probably beat this guy if needed. Then, trying to veil his previous actions a bit, he said, "Odd. The wind seems to be acting funny. Is that windbox of yours modified in some way?" Junior kept watch on Nightengale, in case he decided to attack.

((1.) Get out of poison
2.) Dodge
3.) Dodge
4.) Dodge
5.) Dodge
6.) Dodge
Gust: Slow Nightengale down))
The Windbox that Empress threw down sent a gale-force blast rolling across the battlefield. Little bubbles of noxious swamp gas were blown off the poisonous panels and into the faces of Futa and Nightingale; Junior was spared the treatment, as he had taken up a position well clear of the marsh. Futa was completely unfazed by the crap splattering on her. The powers of the swampy panels seemed to have absolutely no effect on her. The little droplets of poison ate into Nightingale's body like acid, though. Like Futa, he didn't pay much attention.

Another tentacle burst up out of the ground next to Futa. It immediately hardened into the shape of some kind of giant, perverted hammer. The NetPolicewoman took hold and swung it up, above her head. Nightingale's own hammer had long since shrunk back to its normal sledge shape. With a disgusting squelch, he stuck it back into the armoury in his chest that he extracted it from.

"Mine's bigger than yours!" Futa shouted as she took off towards the Mafioso. She was presumably talking about the hammer.

Nightingale remained calm. He reached around behind himself at a bit of an uncomfortable angle and pulled out a sword that had been jabbed right thorugh him at kidney height. A little more loose coding trickled out as the blade came free, but it wasn't enough to hinder him. Nightingale spun the fine katana in one arc — the blade went around so fast that it looked like one big silver circle — and brought it to a halt on line with Futa's ample chest. Nightingale held the sword loosely, with his hand turned upside-down, like a fencer preparing to strike.

The wind...what was happening? It was meeting the tip of the sword, and in a whistling stream that was nearly visible, the air was...

...parting around the blade...

Futa's massive hammer came howling down amidst the storm of poisonous goop. Nightingale shot off on a route clearly intended to weave right around her. However, Junior's extra gust of air came at just the right moment to push him back a foot and keep him in range long enough for Futa to seriously clock him with her weapon. Nightingale was sent tumbling, and the sword slipped from his grasp.

Futa threw her tentacle-hammer aside as it began to deteriorate. Nightingale kicked back to his feet and lunged for his sword; he was only a step faster than Futa. Snarling, she blasted him with a well-aimed cannon instead. This time, Nightingale hung on to his katana, grinned emptily, and spun almost effortlessly around Futa despite the number of weapons thrust through his body. Before either of them knew it, Junior and Empress were faced with a sprinting Nightingale and his insanely sharp sword.

Empress waited for the last possible second in order to prevent telegraphing her intention. She kicked off the Windbox and rolled to the side just before Nightingale's sword chewed through the inner workings of the giant fan. Then, moving unbelievably quickly, he was next to the Countbomb. It was as if he hadn't even bothered to pass through the space between. Nightingale drove the katana into the depths of the object, ensuring that no detonation would take place. He kicked the ruined bomb off his blade. One golden eye slid in the direction of Junior, who had narrowly evaded being spitted on the tip of the sword as it had come out of the back of the Countbomb.

Instead of going after Junior, though, Nightingale spun tidily. The sword was above his shoulder and ready to destroy the Windbox that he had halfway decimated the first time. The ground rumbled momentarily and a veritible wall of tentacles exploded upwards in front of Nightingale. He cut off their tops like a blade mowing grass, but the barrier had proved to be substantial enough to protect the Windbox.

Nightingale looked over his shoulder, past an arrow that was impaled in it, and saw Futa bearing down on him from behind with a look of pure murder on her face.

"Why do you think you can win?" Nightingale said in his singer's voice as he slashed the Windbox into two horizontal halves. "Because you have companions?"

The force of the swing sheared the very air itself and sent a ripple of disturbance crashing into Empress with such force that for a moment she thought she had been struck by the sword itself. Nightingale turned on Junior.

"As you can see, I can easily deal with all three of you at once."

Junior shut him up by dancing out of the range of Nightingale's snapping blade. He frowned, and looked down in surprise as a cage of tentacles burst up all around him. With his sword, he cut away several, but more and more sprang up in their place until Junior and Empress could no longer see the Mafioso. The tentacle web rose high above the Navis' heads and then crashed down, forcefully dragging Nightingale down into a shattered pit that was carved out by their passage. Looking down into the hole, Empress and Junior could see nothing but a writhing mass of pulsating tendrils.

Futa paused on the edge of the chasm. "Yeah, that's kind of the point, now, isn't it?" The NetPolicewoman snapped down. "If I couldn't win, I would have been out of her a while ago. I'm no idiot." Futa folded her arms and shot Junior and Empress a pair of evenly weighted I'll-deal-with-you-later glances.

--------+

Terrain: 60% Normal, 40% Poison

Nightingale: 1310 HP (Tentacle-restrained and out of sight)

Empress: 100 HP
Junior: 150 HP (RedCross!)

Countbomb: DELETED!
Windbox: DELETED!
Empress had bound back as she was recovering from the previous attack. The last thing she needed was to be attacked by a sword wielding freak that pulled a weapon from his body. She saw where that thing had been! She had fallen to her hind as her legs stretched out from being attacked. She started to stand slowly as she pushed herself up with her hands and standing on her booted feet as she had saw Futa shoot her a glare. She wasn't phased. Keera herself had seen worse by criminals who shot her those eyes, and Empress was programmed to give those eyes in the first place. Her expression was more like "Bring it!" but it wasn't the time to be start squabbles with another navi. First thing that came to mind was her honor being soiled.

"You attack me with a blade that reeks with the lowliness of swine like you?" Empress spoke lifting her right hand and running it across her left corner of her mouth and pulling it to the right with a sweep of her pressed lips cleaning the delicate features of her face. "You won't get away with something so unworthy for a common crook like you." she had said furrowing her brow as she had shown small hints of her being upset as she reached her glove hand to her hip closing in on her concealed weapon.

"Junior! Do what you will, but this navi will not get away with his intent. He's dug his own grave." Empress had noted once more as she had quickly cast her arm out tossing up a Recovery 10 as she recovered herself for a small amount. Her first idea was to blast away the tentacles and completely obliterate the navi, but she knew that was a reckless attack seeing that was just her ego blinding her. She was more sophisticated than that.

Empress's fingers had etched towards her hidden whip as she prepped herself ready. If Nightingale would escape, she would take advantage of the moment to quickly strike after her quick evasion. She knew after she used her whip's attacks, she would be left defenseless, so she was careful to strike with her flurry of stunning strikes at the last minute after she was clear of her enemy's attacks, if he did attack. She had eyed Futa once more and then to Junior trying to depict whether or not she should take in consideration of their actions seeing that Junior seemed bent on respecting the other navi's wish, while she herself wished to boss her around on her eye targeted bounties, something that Empress didn't take to lightly.

The joy of deleting this navi would come soon, she only gave that single warning to her so called "partner" and readied for her whip action as she had turned up the pressure from her distorted space around her to drain away from Nightingale even though he was hidden. Draining from Futa's tentacles would just be a fault of her own since she was in the way.

------------------------------

Action 1: Recovery10 - 10 HP Recovery @ Empress

Action 2: Prepare to Dodge/React!

Action 3: Prepare to Dodge/React!

Action 4 (Reaction!): Whip 'N' Tango - 3 Stuns @ Nightingale (+ 2 X-Hit Barrier)

Wes watched carefully as Nightengale struck at Junior. While he didn't manage to land a hit on him, the intent was still there. The enemy also proceeded to destroy the countbomb, thus eliminating the timer Wes had placed in order to measure the time he would allow Futa to settle things before he told Junior to step in, "Well, it seems that the opponent won't allow us to stand to the side and let you two go head to head. I'm sorry, Ms. NP, but I have no choice but to allow my navi to help put an end to this. So, Junior, anyway you wish to attack?"

"I'm not sure if I can right now..." Junior said hesitently. He looked at the tentacles holding Nightengale in place worriedly, "Those tendrils... I haven't seen a chip like them so I assume they are coming from Futa-san. Chances are, they aren't physically a part of here any more than my Soul Flash is, but on the off chance blasting them would cause damage to her as well...."

"Oh, I get it." Junior was probably right. Blasting the tentacles along with Nightengale probably wouldn't harm the netpolice woman, but there was always a chance that they weren't some random summon she could conjure up but actually somehow connected to her, like an arm or some other limb. On the off chance that they were an extension of her data, attacking the foe while he was entangled in them could really off set things. Besides, to even be able to hit the mafia agent, they would first need to bust through the tentacles which were blocking him from view. They'd need to use something with splash damage and also need to know his exact position in the prison before they could actually consider doing damage. Plus, in their efforts to get the damaging data to him, there was a strong possibility that a good portion of the vines of flesh holding in place would be destroyed and thus they'd inadvertantly release him. For the moment, the best course of action would be to wait for him to free himself and then nail him. By the time he got out, he would probably be too tired to dodge effectively so waiting until the exact instant when he would first breathe the net's air again would be the best time to strike. Right now, they would try to pin down his location and prepare to attack, "Okay, Junior, I'm sending you a Markcannon1. Just use it like a scouter for now."

"Okay, that should work out fine." Junior focused the energy from the chip into his palms and set Nightengale as a target into the chip's systems. He then aimed at the tentacles and began feeling him out. It took him a few seconds to pinpoint the navi's position but when he finally tracked him down he nodded and said, "Got him."

"Okay, good. Now prepare one more attack so that when he tries to escape you can hit him hard." Wes said. With Empress blasting away at their target and his bonds, it wouldn't be long before he emerged. They needed to be ready, so now would be the time to power up the attack. He also considered the netpolice's actions, "She sure is a stubbern one... When it was obvious we would attack, she hid him from view. Even though us getting involved was inevitable, she's still trying to keep things one on one."

Junior concentrated the Markcannon's power into just his palms, leaving his fingers free. He then began to pour additional energy into all ten digits, whic began to glow. He kept the aim of all 11 shots on the presence he tracked with the markcannon's scanning ability. Whereever and whenever he emerged, the target would be shot down. To assure that he wouldn't dodge, Junior began shifting the air, slowly twirling it around the mass of tentacles. A split second before he attacked, he would cause all of the waiting wind to press down on one spot, forcing the target to use all his power regulated to movement on just being able to maintain his altitude. During that crucial movement, Junior would launch his barrage. He waited patiently and attentively. He did take a moment to wince, though, as his partner fired her own series of attack, "Careful or you'll blow up the tentacles, and perhaps Futa-san, up as well, Empress-san."

((1.) use Markcannon's ability to scan tentacle prison for Nightengale
2.) Wait/prepare to move
3.) Wait/Prepare to move
Gust: Press down on Nightengale when he emerges in order to make it harder for him to dodge
4.) Markcannon1, 70+lock on+10
5.) Use at same time as Markcannon1: Soul Finger Shot, 120, Nightengale
6.) Dodge

Note: Gust and actions 4-6 are done with the assumption that Nightengale escapes from his current bondage. If he does not manage to emerge, then these actions are prepped and put on hold until he actually manages to come into sight))
Futa brushed the debris of the battle off herself. It was as if there wasn't a crazed NetMafia fighter trapped beneath a writhing mass of tentacles just a few yards away. "This would be about the right time for you two to leave. You've still got no place here."

She strode across the field of sickening poison, towards the edge of the pit that Nightingale and the tentacles had created. When she got there, she looked back, and a frown twisted her face as she saw that Junior and Empress were still there. What was more, they were readying their weaponry for another salvo.

Then there was an explosion of minced tentacles from within the depths of the pit. Futa twisted back around as the fleshy bits fell like rain, plopping into the swamp and vanishing beneath the viscous surface. Amongst the flying tentacle fragments, Nightingale himself was visible. A faint white glow, like a shattered skin, trailed off his sword. The blade's power had obviously been exhausted.

Then Junior and Empress unloaded on him.

Whip, Markcannon, and Soul Finger blasts converged on the up-swooping figure amidst the diced tentacles. Futa finally got her cannon out and added a blast of energy to the mix. With a sweep of her hand, the shattered tentacles fused back into writhing limbs, and went slammed Nightingale to the ground like only angry tentacles can.

"Nobody's ever broken out of that," she growled to herself as she crossed her hands. They morphed into twin cannons, one wound with copper wire, and two extra blasts crashed down on Nightingale's prone form.

When the dust cleared, Nightingale was standing again. The sword was back in the slot that had originally been cleared out of him to hold it, and his body was marked with burn marks and slashes. Despite that, his golden eyes were flickering with something that was almost like interest.

"Fruitless," he half-sang. "You try to restrain me? Your terror shows."

Terrain: 50% Normal, 40% Poison, 10% Missing

Nightingale: 820 HP

Empress: 120 HP (2-hit barrier)

"So he broke out, as expected. Luckily for us, he managed to do so before your partner attacked. Otherwise, it would have damaged the tentacles possibly more than he did and her line of sight would have been impaired." Wes said. Things were moving pretty smoothly. If things kept up like this, they would have no trouble flattening this freak, not that he currently appeared to be much of a threat. According to the freak, the policewoman was apparently scared, but he didn't see why. Of course, she had been fighting against him for a while and just now had they joined in the fight. Perhaps he was missing something, "Hmmmmm.... Now is there some kind of ability that we've yet to see or pick up on or perhaps its just his insane, fear-lacking attitude that's unnerving her... Nevertheless, even if he's not currently going all out, neither are we so if he does manage to turn the tables, chances are we can just turn them back." Now what would be the best course of action? He could use a panel changing chip, then follow it up with an attack that would maximize damage. Of course, that would override the change the NP navi had already laid out, so that was a no go. Close combat would also be hazardous at this point, so that wouldn't work either. He was left with normal and grass ranged attacks. That should prove satisfactory for now. And, of course, it seemed that his PET was displaying one more option, "Hey, Junior, according to this, your Cross has some sort of attack to it. Use that, then I'll back you up with chips." Wes quickly slotted in Twinfang, Energybomb, and Sidebamboo chips. He then waited.

"Okay. I'll try it out. Let's go.... Caramel Tentacle?" Junior said questioningly as he read the name of the attack stored in the cross's data. It just seemed... to bizzarre, especially considering their allies talents, if one really went so far as to call them that. A golden, sticky goo rose out of the ground in the form of a long appendage. It was sticky enough to hold the villian in place for a few moments if it managed to connect with his form. Of course, mechanics aside, the appearance and name of the attack still had Junior a little surprise, "What the heck was that? Am I attacking with a combination of weirdness and magically delicious?"

"Magically delicious? Is that what the kids are calling it now a days or something? Anyway, you being some sort of food fetishist aside, get back to attacking. I only sent you three cause I want you to spend a good amount of energy evading. I'm not quite comfortable letting you go for broke just yet. Also, when you use your second chip, use the cross's ability to enhance the shot, got it?" Wes instructed.

"I suppose dodging seems wise... I hope the other two do the same." Junior said, a bit worried. The new ally in particular was a great cause of concern. He quickly turned to her and said, "Futa-san, try not to be afraid. We can definately beat him. Just make sure you're wary of his attacks like my netop said and we'll be fine." He then focused on his attacks. He materialized two large cones in front of him, their sharp point facing forwards. He shot both forward in an attempted to peirce Nightengale. Since he had two bullets to dodge at once, it was unlikely they would miss. His next attack, though... He didn't trust it two much. A ball with three hatches appeared in his hand. He brought his hand back to ready the pitch and then began gathering up some air around his hand. He whipped the sphere forward, using the wind to increase its speed and his confidence in it. As it landed, the hatches burst open, spewing flashy sparks all over the place. He paused for a second before finishing off his rounds of attacks.

For his last strike of the round, Junior summoned up a group of bamboo reeds. Since this move was directed and not something he needed to get close to use, he could use it without having to step into the poison area. He sent the cluster ahead of him, directing it to get close to Nightengale, then strike. When the moment seemed right, it stabbed towards the enemy with a long, sharp reed in an attempt to skewer him, and then disappeared. Junior then took a step back and looked his view back on the enemy. He needed to be ready to evade any attacks that came his way. He had managed to dodge all right before, so hopefully he would be okay this time as well.

((1.) Caramel Tentacle, Stunx2, Nightengale
2.) Twinfang, 70+10, Nightengale
3.) Energybomb, 3x40+10, Nightengale
Gust: speed up energybomb throw to increase accuracy
4.) SideBamboo, 80 Wood+piercing, Nightengale
5.) Dodge
6.) Dodge))
"No reason to stay here? I wish not to repeat my purpose. Even if it's through my navi." Keera had muttered from the solitude of her seat as she crossed right leg over the left juggling the chips in hand as on screen, Empress had began to change tactics. Switching from her defensive state going to offensive, her arm stayed still as her wrist had flicked letting the nylon strip start to curl around her arm until the tip hit the top shoulder sitting in place with a snap sounding off as it struck her own flesh, but at that moment, her palm had emitted blue sparks the size of beads while her fingers bent in to let a ring of energy to whirl around in a circle as she made a Zap Ring appear.

"This should further delay his little escapade." Empress had mentioned to herself. Her right leg step forward left staying still as she cast her hand back holding the whirling ring of energy. She had whipped the ring forward quickly as it shot through the air towards Nightingale along with her own whip as it returned to it's out stretched position ready for use to repel any oncoming attack as all, but it had "other" purposes since it was a creative tool to use as well as she had lifted it above her head and started whirling it in circles.

"Shall we get in close?" Keera had hinted. Whenever she had asked a question to anyone, including her navi of the sort, it was usually an intended command. Empress understood that much. As Junior's energy bomb fired launched, Empress had ran forward charging as she started to close the range between her and NightinGale. It was safe to keep a distance, but she knew accuracy was good for this matter as she had used her whip quickly lashing it towards a nearby durable skinny slim figure: a light pole, an arch, anything to swing from as she had used it to slingshot herself into the air and use it to help her take off leaping into the air as she had slung her whip making it wrap around her waist and the handle belt looped around her before she had revealed her right hand holding it out once more after getting some close range and efficient aerial distance that looked like she could bomb an enemy. An intention Keera most likely had in mind as she slotted in her battlechip.

A stalk had appeared in hand and shortly followed with a peeling to reveal golden yellow kernels. Delicious to the eye, but dangerous if anyone knew about a Corn Shot battlechip. She had raised her right hand like she aiming a weapon instead of some vegetable. She targeted and then blasts of the yellow cobs had fired out like missiles aiming for Nightingale as Empress had let the two rapid fire blasts ricochet her into a momentary recoil giving her a little time to ditch the weapon and started to use her next attack in mind. She knew from moving so recklessly from one position into another, she might've gotten from her safe zone and near the poison panels, but she wanted to make this attack worth it.

Her feet were about to touch down, but her decent slowed. Her palm was trafficking with tremendous energy as it gathered centered as if it was distorted like the aura around her body that occurred every time she completed a combo of actions, but this was being gathered into a lump or a ball that contained it like a disaster in a nice little package. Junior should've been familiar with her Static Blast as she had lifted her right arm and then held it in front of Nightingale as it began to expand from energy gathered.

Her right eye glared past the enemy at a split second as it felt like time froze for her. The faint oncoming of Bamboo would only benefit to her attack as she readied the combination. She took in a deep breath as the compressed ball started to swirl wildly and became unstable during it's growth. "Sonic..." Empress had gathered her breath and with a spread of her fingers and a thrust of her palm, she had let out a wretched, "Boom!" the sound implied the whole attack as it was explosive enough to maybe cause a Miasma to sweep all around considering that it's Microburst made a powerful gale force fly towards Nightingale to push him back and send him flying into the emerging Bamboo along with the splash that had burst from each side of the attack. She had finally landed feet touching down as she had slid back only a small distance after the burst of the attack had emitted from her body.

She had gathered her posture as she had used her distortion once more pulling energy away even when she just pushed it out. A quarrel with her unbalanced powers when it came to using them as her Yin and Yang was always tilted, but even so, it was always in her advantage. Smiling, she pulled in the remnants of data attempting to tare even more from Nightingale's body from where she stood.
------------------------------

Action 1: Zap Ring1 - 30 Damage @ Nightingale (+Stun1)

Action 2: Whip Action! Slingshot forward into the air to close the distance between Empress & Nightingale in attempt to increase accuracy.

Action 3: CornSht1 - 50 Damage (x2 Shots) @ Nightingale

Action 4 Static Blast - 40 Damage @ Nightingale (+ Microburst/Pushback)

Nightingale was covered in a thin but sticky layer of carmellized goodness as Junior hit him hard with his RedCross Signature Attack. Futa plunked him with a Zapring, further corrupting his mobility code. Nightingale hissed venomously. The smile dropped from his face.

Then a Sidebamboo, two Minibombs, another Zapring, and a Static Blast smashed into him, putting him into an even worse mood.

Futa laughed viciously as the Static Blast sent Nightingale flying. The Mafioso landed in a heap not far away, looking far worse from the wear than he had before. The caramel pooling underneath him prevented him from getting back up to retaliate.

Terrain: 50% Normal, 40% Poison, 10% Missing

Nightingale: 490 HP

Empress: 130 HP (2-hit barrier)

"Hmmm.... it seems he doesn't find this funny anymore. He must have underestimated us. Of course, this could be a problem." Wes talked to his navi, thinking aloud, "If he's got any hidden tricks, he'll use them now. Now is the time to finish him, though we better stop any chances he has for a counterattack first. Your one technique, the one I'm SURE you used by ACCIDENT seems to have recharged, so let's start with that. While you do that, I'll lay some ground work." Wes slotted in a chip, "Sorry, NP woman, but your poison stage is gone. You can replace it if you want, but for the moment, the floor is ours."

"Well, Mafia-kun, it looks like I'll require another moment of your attention." Junior said. He pulled off his glasses and shot Nightengale a wink. He also smiled a bit cutely, though since he was wearing a bandana accross his face, this part of his expression was lost. As he did this, the area around his feet began to change. Blades of grass began shooting up around him, spreading out in a large circle. His battlefield had been set, "Okay, Wes, send the second half of your plan and we'll finish this guy. Empress-san, Futa-san, we can win right now if we maxmize what's been given to us."

"Okay, I'm sending the three most appropriate chips. Hopefully this will finish things and we won't have to go with stage two." Wes said, selecting three fire chips and sticking them into his PET, "Now, it's time to use some actual strategy."

With everything already said, Junior simply raised his hands over his head and conjured up three fire balls. He threw them forward, all together to form a large wall of flames that consumed the grass as they touched down. While that caused the attack to leap up higher and gain more power, it left the floor where the attack had landed bear. He would not be able to use that spot in his strike again. He would need Nightengale to reposition himself on a patch of fresh grass, so he could continue his burning attacks. Commanding the wind to move the villian around, Junior then focused on his next attack. He waited a moment, to allow the air to attempt to shuffle the fiend, then summoned up a column of flames, which chewed through the green flooring, gaining size and speed as it did so. Then, to follow up, he curled his hand into a fist, feeling it start to glow hot. He swung his fist at Nightengale, but didn't even try to make it connect. Instead, a firey hand leapt from the floor near Nightengale, hoping to deliver a flaming punch.

With the plan carried out, Junior had nothing left to do. He backed off a bit, readying himself to evade any counterattack the mafia man could offer. He nodded at each of his comrades, "Okay, I'm counting on you two to get rid of any health of his I missed. He's incredibly weakened... we can end this if we concentrate. Good luck!"

((1.) Sexy Wink,Stun x 4, Nightengale
2.) GrassZone, covers large area in grass terrein
3.) PheonixShot1, 70 Heat wide attack, Nightengale
Gust: try to manuever Nightengale around to maximize grass panelings affect
4.) Flameline1, 70 Heat, Nightengale
5.) Firehit1, 60 Heat, Nightengale
6.) Dodge))