Junior and Empress

"Just fine. I'm not sure who's jack-out barrier it is, actually," Futa said. Clearly, her previous rage had dissipated. However, she was hardly relaxed as she dispelled the tentacle-sword. "My Operator says that there are at least three or four layers on it. Multiple NetPolice and Mafia barriers over certain areas, overlapping--"

Everything rumbled.

Futa was cut off in midsentence as the main server forcefully ejected her from the network. Far above, the faint sheen of the jack-out barrier faded away, and the civilians watched as countless streams of data shot upward. The network was scrambling madly after the biggest signatures it could find, and was clearing through all the roadblocks to boot them posthaste. The smaller signatures, such as Junior's and Empress's, could wait for later...

...that was, if the ground hadn't fallen out from under them first.

The tremors grew progressively stronger until islands of tile began to detach from their brackets and drop away into the abyss. Underneath was nothing but blackness. The two civilians took off for solid ground, but there was none to be had.

Down, and then dark, dark, dark...

They landed hard, with pieces of the Electown network falling like bombs all around them. At last, the full-scale collapse ran out of things to destroy, and the Internet went still. They were in blackness, amongst the ruins of the network that had previously resided above. A faint underglow of dangerous purple and malicious green came from the panels below the wreckage. Part of Futa's custom swamp had fallen nearby, and the poisoned waters were dribbling down onto the new network that they had landed in. A few patches of grass were still visible amidst the rubble.

And something was moving.

With the network's palpitations over, the things that had taken cover began to re-emerge. There were viruses, countless ones; some went hurrying off into the semidark in pursuit of other prey, while a sizeable number zeroed in on Empress and Junior. They were like many viruses that the civilians had seen before, but were bigger, tougher, and generally nastier.

And they had found fresh data.

TuffbunnyA: 100 HP
TuffbunnyB: 100 HP
TuffbunnyC: 100 HP
Canodumb2A: 130 HP
Canodumb2B: 130 HP
MagmackerA: 160 HP
Powie2A: 140 HP
Powie2B: 140 HP
Powie2C: 140 HP
Powie3D: 140 HP
Metool2A: 100 HP
Metool2B: 100 HP
Metool2C: 100 HP
Metool2D: 100 HP
Metool2E: 100 HP
FighterPlane2A: 210 HP
ChumpuA: 150 HP
ChumpuB: 150 HP
ChumpuC: 150 HP

Junior.EXE: 90 HP
Empress.EXE: 100 HP

[Welcome to the Rogue Net. HERE WE GO!]

BATTLE FOUR, FIGHT!
"Well shit, that's a lot of enemies. Nineteen? This is going to be really tough...." Wes said, "Its also bad that we're down a navi now. I figured if worst came to worst, that police woman would have had either some special technique to turn things around or some sort of recovery chip that she'd use to save us, given our civilian status. Her suddenly disappearing wasn't something I was expecting... Though at least the new program I installed should give you free movement in this area. I would have been bad if you'd had had to worry about the poison flooring. Now, how about activating a Cross and getting down to business?"

"Yeah, sounds good. I just hope Futa-san is all right...." Junior accessed his memories and focused his thoughts on his friend, Capuchin. A cream color shell appeared over his chest and covered all the way around his back, which was decorated with an odd monkey face. Both his boots and gloves changed color and extended themselves and the top of his glasses gained a golden design. His ponytail gained a bit of elevation. Finally, a purple tail grew from just above his rear to complete the transformation. He opened his eyes and looked over the battlefield. Now that he was battle ready, he would need a target. The numbers were kind of stacked against them. They needed to take out as many as possible as quick as possible so that they wouldn't have to dodge so much fire. Of course, when he thought of it furthur, he realized that they didn't necessarily need to be dead to not be able to attack. There were other methods that could be used. The biggest threats that he saw right now were the planes. Not only did they have a ton of health, but they also had machine guns which could probably chew through undershirts. They would be his primary focus. The second problem was the Canodumbs. While immobile and predictable, if they attacked, it would hurt a lot. With his targets picked out, Junior pulled off his sunglasses.... slowly... very dramatically. He made eye contact with each of his targets, looking very serious, so serious that even the canodumbs, who lacked eyes, would see. He then put on a silly smile and winked, trying to stun them all so that they would hold still until he could better deal with them.

"I don't think you needed to try to be that dramatic... doing the move that makes you seem more like a fruit loop than a sexy, cool guy." Wes sighed, "Though I suppose a fruit loop winking at me would freak me out too...."

"Well, if you have no problem with it, stop complaining. When things are this tense, we don't need stupid commentary." Junior grumbled. He channelled his frustation and his energy into his finger tips, causing all ten of them to glow. Then he took aim at one of the Powies. These would be a problem if they hit. Their attacks would be too powerful to block with a Guard. With this in mind, he summoned up a bit more power and then released it all in one blast with the purpose of taking out the massive enemy in one single hit.

"Well, I assume you're ready for some chips.... I'm sending Areagrab and Aquasword. Those Champus will be easy prey if you use this." Wes said, slotting in the pair of chips.

Since the Areagrab would take him away from his partner, he took a moment to impart some battle advice to her, "Empress-san, don't try to defend against attacks. Just dodge. Those Powies will simply break any defenses you put up so having quick feet is the most important thing right now." He then moved a few yards away from her and began yelling at the viruses, "Hey, um, meanieheads, look over here and try to hit me! I bet you totally can't because you're just dumb viruses who can't think on as high of levels as us navis! Take your best shot!" Hoping they'd take the bait and fire on only him, all at once, Junior promptly activated the Areagrab and got the hell out of there. He reappeared in front of the Champus, hoping to surprise them and give him an opening for an attack. He raised his hand and tranformed it into the shape of a blade made of H2O. He brought his arm down in a swipe that would hopefully strike down all three fire viruses at once. Then, to be safe, he swung the sword around again, to finish off any Champu he might had missed and/or any other nearby enemies. He took a brief pause to give Empress a chance to attack. As long as she took his position relative to the rest of the viruses into account, he should have nothing to worry about.

((1.) CapuCross: Normal/Normal, +10 to all Normal chips
2.) Sexy Wink, Stun, FighterplaneA/B/Canodumb2A/B
3.) Soul Finger Shot, 120+20, Powie2D (untapped Power used)
4.) Areagrab, warp in front of Champu group/dodge
5.) Aquasword, 80 Aqua slashing, ChampuA/B/C
6.) Aquasword, 80 aqua slashing, ChampuA/B/C))
"This place...." Empress had muttered as she had slowly lifted her head as her vision blurred from the incisive rumbling for a second. She had found faintness of a battalion of moving colors and sounds that were ringing in annoyance as if they were ready to tare at data like a pack of wild dogs. Quickly realizing that sound that was deeper and more aggressive, the possibility of viruses came to mind as her eyes fully shot open realizing she was right. These weren't ordinary viruses, they were however a little stronger and meaner as she had found herself leaping to her feet and drawing back in urgency with a face of astonishment that almost caused her to back into Junior. She had straightened out her lips as she hadn't want to show no weakness.

"Only nineteen?" she had said after responding to the head count of viruses. She had however crossed her arms as she had placed that confident smirk on her face. "Well, I'll have to give them credit on something, they're not your ordinary run of the mill viruses, so I guess that number should be a bit frustrating." she had said as she stood nobly as she folded her arms and let her hair sway majestically as she stared down the viruses.

"Let's get to work then...shall we?" she had asked as she had saw Junior activate a cross and then turned her attention back to the viruses. "You don't have to tell me about these little buggers. I've seen a lot of things, I'm a bounty hunter." she had reminded Junior before quickly lunging forward after Junior had used his AreaGrab. Since her speed wasn't as great, she had limited her movements to some extent as she was careful to focus on positioning, battle tactics, and techniques. She hated the fact that Junior was stronger than her at present, but then again, it was something that made her feel safe for now as she charged into battle closing the distance between her and the TuffBunny viruses and then quickly using at least one of her chips as she held her palm up while aiming.

"Let's Go RingLog!" she had said as she timed the bunny viruses movements and then quickly took the heel of her boot as she gave a strong kick to send the wood tumbling forward. Slightly keeping her posture lowered, she had quickly used that strength in her legs as she had threw back her arm and revealed a whip as she had extended it to it's full length and started to whirl it around the base of her feet.

"Now then...let's begin!" With that, she had whirled her body about as she had aimed to two of the Powie viruses going down the row as she had cast forward and then whipped back as she had glared towards the Magmacker placed between that and the set of cannons as she had given one more cast forward to strike that last virus seeing it's electrical charge bombs would be a problem. She had drew back her arms as she had kept the whip out incase it would be needed to defend herself. She had spun on her feel as she anticipated enemy fire, quickly leaping out the way as she had gracefully leapt from her current position to gain space to react from incoming enemy attacks if her guard wasn't enough.

"These things are pretty tough." she had said admitting she hadn't seen these enhanced viruses. She had to take the opportunity placed in front of her as she had reached out her hand as she had gracefully moved about the field vacuuming and accumulating energy from opposing Magmacker to absorb it into her body and add it to her current life force.
------------------------------

Action 1: Movement/Aim @ TuffBunnyA

Action 2: RingLog - 50 Damage (Wood) @ TuffBunnyA & B

Action 3: Whip 'N' Tango - Stun (x3) @ Magmacker, Powie2A, & Powie2B

Action 4: Dodge/Movement

Passive: Distortion - Absorb 10 Damage @ Magmacker
The fruit loop in question went to work, stunning a number of viruses into immobility — including a Fighterplane2 that simply didn't exist. A Powie erupted in white fire before it could do much of anything.

Empress took the markedly less promiscuous route by kicking a Ringlog at a couple of Tuffbunnies. One hopped out of the way, almost boredly, but she managed to catch one looking. The log rolled right over it, smashing it into broken coding. Almost before the slow-rolling log had done its job, Empress was ripping into the viruses' ranks with her stunningly fast whip.

Junior vanished — and then reappeared, now directly in front of the tough-looking Chumpus. They leapt for him, but out slashed a blade of water, annihilating two of them. The third ducked under the swing and slammed Junior right on the nose. That attack was answered by a second Aquablade, this time in a stabbing motion that the Chumpu couldn't escape. Junior came out of it looking pretty bad, though.

One of the Tuffbunnies that had escaped Empress's fury wound up and flung a supercharged ring at Junior, pegging him in the back and screwing with his mobility coding. He dropped forward onto his knees, within an inch of his deletion.

The gang of Metools went after Empress instead. Three of them started to circle warily around the Navi to get on her other side, with the intent to launch a flanking attack — a tactic that was unusually high-end for such cannon fodder. The other two took her attention off their brothers by launching rolling shockwaves toward her. Empress annuled one with a well-placed strike of her whip, but the other got through her defenses.

And, out in the darkness ... the sound of movement and battle, and flashes of light and elemental power in the distance. The scuffle of appendages and the clank of cyber-metal.

More viruses were coming.

Terrain: 60% Normal, 10% Poison, 30% Grass

TuffbunnyA: DELETED!
TuffbunnyB: 100 HP
Canodumb2A: 130 HP
MagmackerA: 150 HP
Powie2A: 140 HP
Powie2B: 140 HP
Powie2C: 140 HP
Powie2D: DELETED!
Metool2B: 100 HP
FighterPlane2A: 210 HP
ChumpuA: DELETED!
ChumpuB: DELETED!
ChumpuC: DELETED!

Junior.EXE: 1 HP (CapuCross!)
Empress.EXE: 80 HP
"Curses... Empress's words had shown her disdain. That attack that had broke through was nothing short of powerful. She had resisted the urge to run from battle. Her heart beat was pulsating through her body. No, she didn't have one. There was no heart. So just who's pulsations were these? She had stood up as the feeling was alien, but that thumping, that doubt in her mind that triggered the rate and speed of each thump. This was what true terror was in the face of the odds. Why now? She had always been stronger than this, but as her eyes sit looking towards the corner where Junior had barely stood up after the onslaught of attacks, she came to a realization on just how dependant she was at this point. She didn't want to be deleted alone. Not in a place like this would she want to perish. She couldn't believe it was coming to this.

She couldn't accept it! As she slightly lifted her right hand, she had felt the downloaded data from the recovery chip. It was most likely from her NetOp, but why would she send this data? Sure Keera wasn't to perish anytime soon. She could think about the possibility as she felt a thumb from her chest once more. "Madam...these pulsations...are they emanating from you?" she could feel the desperation. She knew that her madam wanted to keep Junior here and in this battle for some strange reason. Dependency...an ugly word, but now it was becoming such a last ditch effort.

"I will have nothing short of victory..." Keera's mental thoughts pouring in Empress as she grasped the arms of her chair. She knew this feeling was coming from her. She knew this was her NetOp's craving to win. Their dreams going unfulfilled was nothing but failure since that was all they had to aim for.

"Madam...I will win!" Empress had insisted as she had quickly move about as her heels struck the ground running over to Junior as she aimed to grab him by the collar with the glowing light from the Recovery chip. She had directed her force to shake some since into him as she had growled from the sheer hate she felt that she was going as low as to recovery someone she believed so fully in to be stronger than her.

"You're pathetic! At this point we'll be deleted! I won't accept you being deleted!" she had cried out so strongly that she swear her voice would be an attack from the sheer magnitude of her screeching. She had let him go just as quickly as she turned her back on him after giving the slight boost of HP, but it still showed that she was peeved as she shown a passion to burn in her eyes because of the situation they were in. To die now would be an embarrassment after making such declarations to live a high life style with her Madam Keera.

She regained her composure as strategy came into place. She could here more viruses in the distance that were coming. This wasn't looking any better by the minute as she had narrowed her eyes that usual bitter glance showing how peeved she was. She had her eyes once again focused on the Tuffbunny viruses. That stun effect was became a pain since it'd break them. She had to try to get rid of them in one foul swoop. She watched the virii leap from left to right to predict their movements as she had awaited for them to leap at a precise second. At that moment, she made her move dashing off in speed after predicting their line up and stood in front of them from a quick lunge that made her dress tail ride the wind.

She initiated her attack as she had quickly formed another RingLog at the point over the first Tuffbunny seeing it would fall directly on it if it hit, and then kicked the log towards the next Tuffbunny virus quickly being as fast as she could with her action so they wouldn't have a moment's chance of escaping her. She hadn't stopped moving as she shuffled around the area. She had to form a defense against not some attacks, but virtually all of them if possible. She had a sure short cut as she had spun around as Keera had picked up on her plan.

Her target, the Magmacker as she had quickly lifted the melee weapon, BigHammer1 in an instant of transfer and then brought it down to slam upon the virus and crack the panel. If the virus was struck, then surely in it's place would appear a hole panel since it would deteriorate soon after to let the space crumble. She had whipped around as she had looked towards Junior who she had recently applied a slight recovery to.

"Aim for those damn Powies so we can defend ourselves!" she had screeched. She had made her last movement gathering energy into her unstable body as she attempted to absorb it from the FighterPlane2 virii. She knew she couldn't dodge since she had spent majority of her time on offense for the majority, but if anything, if her plan worked, then she could freshly open a hole to at least hinder the shockwaves from the Metool viruses.

Action 1: Recvoery10 @ Junior

Action 2: Predict Movement @ TuffBunny B & C

Action 3: RingLog - 50 Damage (Wood) @ TuffBunny B & C

Action 4: BigHammer1 - 160 Damage (Break/Crack 1) @ Magmacker2A

Passive: Distortion - Absorb 10 Damage @ FighterPlane2A
"Ouch... I really thought that would have worked... and the taunt seemed to have failed as well... Empress-san got hit." Junior said, disappointed.

"That she did but she's not as in as bad of shape as you are, idiot. How you're even still standing is beyond me." Wes muttered.

"Well, under normal circumstances, I would be on the ground but you see, this tail gives me an amazing sense of balance. I doubt even an earthquake would topple me right now." Junior said, with a bit of a nervous smile. Then, out of the corner of his eye, he saw Empress running at him, "I wonder what she's up to... I really hope she's not mad that I couldn't prevent her from getting hit." His suspiciousions seemed to be accurate as she grabbed him by his neck and... healed him? She also yelled at him a bit before letting him down, "I'm... sorry?"

"Well that's an odd amount of concern coming from her. Did you do something to get a bounty on your head so now she needs to take you in alive?" Wes asked, sarcastically.

"No, I'm sure Empress-san is just finally seeing the benefit of teamwork. I think she'd make a fine ally and friend in the future." Junior said, smiling a bit, "In any case, not I can survive one more hit, since the Undershirt will protect me."

"Yeah, but if you get nailed with a multi-hitter attack, you're done. While a nice gesture, it doesn't really help all that much in the long run. Thus, I better use this." Wes sighed and slotted in a Recovery80, "There. Now you should feel a lot better. She treated you like a novice just now, but it was her that underestimated us. Okay, now, Junior, its time for a combo attack, you and me. Sending SideBamboo1. Let's go! Just follow my lead."

A bundle of reeds popped up beside Junior and a pair of glowing eyes peeked out mischieviously. He raised up his sword again. It was time for him to cut the chit chat and attack. Since his ally had just shown so much concern for him, though she had done so a bit roughly, the best way to repay her would be to strike down the enemies before they could strike down either one of them. He had his netop's support on this move, the two of them ready to release a multitude of attack in tandom. However, even though he liked working together with others, Junior could not help feeling a bit disappointed that it wasn't Empress he was working together with. Sure, they were both fighting on the same side but without coordinating their attacks it didn't truely feel like teamwork. Of course, thinking back to when they had first encountered, it seems they had already made a good deal of progress. She was no longer bickering and it seemed that she had finally learned to trust him to do his share of the work. Thinking of how she acted towards him then, it seemed quite out of character that she would now go so far as to heal him to prevent him from falling in battle, even though the consequences of doing so were a bit unclear. So while their teamwork wasn't perfect, it had still inproved a great deal. It was hard to believe that it was less than a day that all this progress had been made. So, as for the subject of joing attacks.... maybe next time.

His thoughts were interrupted by Wes's words, "I think the best ones to go after are the three Powies. Got that Junior?" Junior nodded and he and his wood companion dashed forward. The reeds fell a bit behind and hid behind Junior, trying to give the illusion that it just just a single enemy going on the offensive. As Junior reached his target, he slashed at the viruses then rolled to the side. Using this opportunity, the sidebamboo data lurched ahead and stabbed at two of the targets. Wes narrowed his eyes. There would be at least one left, "Junior! There's no way that got them all. Finish them off!"

"Got it. Skewer those punks, Aquasword!" Junior spun back around and pounced at the Powies once again, holding the blade straight out in a thrust he aimed to send through them all. He then whipped back around and looked for a place to dodge to, if attacked. Wes had sent him one more chip, which he now activated. He wore the shield over one arm, his other arm clinging onto the sword data. He had one more swing left in it. It was in a very fragile state right now, so the next attack would need to really count.

((1.) Recovery80, Junior
2.) Aquasword, 80 Aqua slashing, PowieA/B/C
3.) SideBamboo1, 80 Wood piercing, PowieA/B
4.) Aquasword, 80 Aqua slashing, PowieA/B/C (untapped power used, +10 to PowieC)
5.) Guard2, reflects up to 120
6.) Dodge))
Somehow, Empress managed to heal Junior with concentrated hatred. He managed to do a better repair job with a far more capable recovery chip.

The viruses were unfazed. They charged forward in a massive wave of anger and hunger, intent on reducing the two Navis to edible scraps of bugfrags. There were too many of them, with more pouring in from the wings — the viral tide was endless, and Junior and Empress were fated to be engulfed -

Then there was a wordless cry, and something terrible crashed into the back of the pack of viruses.

The entire group was thrown into momentary chaos as every virus tried to find out what the heck was going on at the back. Bursts of fire and ice and energy spat up from the back. Each blast came progressively closer to Empress and Junior. The attackers were tearing through the midst of the ranks of the viruses.

Then the attackers were through — or, close enough to be through, and the civilians could see them through the rapidly thinning ranks of viruses. There were three of them, and they were all Navis.

One was a lean man with blue skin, grey hair in impossibly long dreadlocks, and wore nothing more than a prayer rug around his waist, tied down with numerous coloured shawls. He fought in a style that was more like a dance, with all four of his arms waving madly, dumping death in vast amounts on the viruses.

The next was an oddball in his own way. He was all convex and concave faces, strictly grey and white. His armour was curved, chrome, and immensely shiny. Inexplicably, he fought with a giant spoon.

The last Navi was far taller than the previous two. He was a massive, red, and muscled salamander — that was, a man's torso atop a snake's tail. His curling horns blazed with flame, and the fires of a hellish furnace burnt inside his mouth whenever he opened it. He laid about viciously with twin scimintars of frigid ice.

"Get outta my space!" the Navi with the spoons snapped, butting the blue-skinned one aside with the end of his oversized kitchen utensil.

"There's space enough for everybody--" the four-armed, dancing Navi started as he sent a Metool flying with a ballerina kick, but the salamander lunged in between both of them, knocking them both aside with his huge body.

"SPOONMAN AND SHIVA ALL IN MY WAY!" he bellowed, throwing himself at a hapless Canodumb.

It seemed as though the newcomers hadn't noticed the civilians — no, wait, the blue-skinned one called Shiva had just winked encouragingly at them. It was a we'll-talk-later sort of gesture. Empress and Junior decided not to squander the opportunity they had been given. While the viruses' collective focus was on the other attackers, the civilians went to town.

Empress zoned in on the Tuffbunnies that remained, and kicked a log toward them. She had done such a good job of lining them up that the Ringlog actually managed to hit one. Junior tore through the Powies with his delightfully bubbly sword that, upon closer examination, really freakin' hurt. The bamboo spears didn't exactly soothe the pain — rather, they finished two of the Powies off. The third met its end at the hands of a second slash of the Aquasword. Empress raised the massive Bighammer that she had won from Nightingale's defeat and smashed it down on the Magmacker, totally crushing it and the floorspace directly underneath.

Finally the viruses managed to gather their wits and launch a co-ordinated counter-attack on the group of Navis. A Metool shockwave rebounded off Junior's guard. Freezing Coldhead bombs exploded all around them, turning panels to ice; one of them smashed into Spoonman, coating his chrome armour with frost. Shiva hopped back to avoid another, and accidentally stepped in the poison that had dripped down from the network above. He made a face and did his best to shake the acid off his bare foot before it could eat too deep into it.

The Sillies fired balls of thunder towards the group. Most of them floated uselessly by, attracted by the magnetism of the Magtec+, but one pegged Empress and did a number on her mobility coding. The coding she recovered from her distortion field only partially healed the damage.

There was another huge rumble that shook everything. The viruses faltered momentarily. The Navis glanced up as more crap was knocked loose from the disintergrating Electown network far above. More debris fell — all of it missing the Navis, thankfully. Into the rubble dropped something else. It was shiny, spinning, and green.

"Check it!" Spoonman yelled. Shiva leapt up onto the salamander-Navi's powerful shoulders to secure a better vantage point, despite the viral attacks that were flying all around them.

"Mystery data! Onward, Spoonman! Onward, Cherufe!"

"GET OFF, FOOL!" bellowed Cherufe, the salamander-thing. He reared up and flailed around with his arms, dislodging Shiva and dumping the dancing blue man on the ground. Shiva did a nimble kick-flip back up to his feet.

"I'm sure that I can save it with the help of my friends!" Shiva grinned. Spoonman raised a doubtful eyebrow.

"We're friends now?"

"Necessity has brought us together!" The blue Navi looked back at Empress and Junior. "I'm sure we can count on your help to ensure our survival?"

Terrain: 40% Normal, 10% Poison, 30% Grass, 5% Cracked, 15% Ice

TuffbunnyB: DELETED!
Canodumb2A: DELETED!
MagmackerA: DELETED!
Powie2A: DELETED!
Powie2B: DELETED!
Powie2C: DELETED!
Metool2B: 30 HP
FighterPlane2A: 200 HP
ChumpuA: DELETED!
ChumpuB: DELETED!
ChumpuC: DELETED!

Green Mystery Data: 70 HP

ColdheadA: 120 HP
ColdheadB: 120 HP
ColdheadC: 120 HP
ColdheadD: 120 HP
SillyA: 160 HP
SillyB: DELETED!
SillyC: 160 HP
SillyD: 160 HP
SillyE: 160 HP
Magtec+A: 160 HP
Magtec+B: 160 HP
Magtec+C: DELETED!
Magtec+D: 160 HP
Magtec+E: DELETED!

Shiva.EXE: 100 HP
Spoonman.EXE: 95 HP
Cherufe.EXE: 200 HP

Junior.EXE: 91 HP (CapuCross!)
Empress.EXE: 30 HP
At the moment the viruses charged forward, all Keera could think towards Empress's bewilderment as she stared on herself that she was too weak. She had felt that pulsation in her chest once more as her heart thumped. If that meant Empress was too weak, then that reflected upon the NetOp. "I'm too weak..." she had uttered lowly before pausing and realizing that the wave of viruses started to become disrupted. She was wonder at the blast of fire and ice only brining about more confusion than the viruses themselves as she had her mouth open in awe.

After unleashing her fury of attacks, Empress had tossed backwards as her feet slid against the ground upon getting her distance and back into her fighting stand. It was time for reconnaissance as she had stood staring towards the new row of enemies, and as well as the new row of allies as she had folded her arms furrowing her eye brow at the odd bunch.

"Hmph...you we were saved again." Keera's lips curved in resentment as she sat in the darkness quite upset at the thought of having to be saved in an instant by someone else. She was a loner, her and Empress who had relied on no one. It was only natural that she would feel that way, but Empress had shown a grand smirk as she had stared towards the pack of assisting navis. "But you're relieved..."

Keera lifted her head hearing Empress as she had stood upright in her seat. Part of her jumped in surprise while the other part fiend the lack of attention to the statement. She heard it loud in clear, she didn't want to admit it. "I'm relieve because I can collect from this bounty...and that Mystery Data those buffoons spotted will become my pretty penny on the side." Empress had smiled freely as she stared down the horde of viruses. She knew Keera was being modest at best. There was no mistaking that she wasn't the only one to learn from this recent endeavor. Teamwork started to grow on them both.

"Stop all this silly babble and let's collect our pay." Keera had announced as Empress had unfolded her arms and started to assume her battle position as she spread her legs and lowered her posture focusing on the first enemy the second she had felt the data of the first battlechip coarse through her and become downloaded. She had eyed that TuffBunny that long eluded her during the battle. It was pestering, she swore she'd deleted them all upon her second try seeing they were so annoying. Had felt the other preloaded battle chips' data course through her and got a good look at the field once more, it was time to make her move.

"Allies are not, we'll rid the field of these meddlesome viruses. Let's go!" Keera had given the attack command as Empress had quickly went into action forming her right hand into an ear of corn while staring towards the TuffBunny. She had brought her aim into focus and let out two blasts throwing rounds like candy as two of the bombs from the shaven ear of corn had popped out aiming to pop the small electric rabbit from the battlefield at long last.

Her hand had retracted as she had wavered it about until the distorted energy around her had focused into her hand. The way the distorted amount of space had gathered into her palm made it seem like an invisible fire had burned as it's unstable shape had made her face behind it seem warped. She dashed forward as her open palm aimed for the Met virus while the other two close by would surely feel her wrath as the splash effect would send a blast of wavering energy from each side to catch them in the chaos as it's Mircoburst effect would line him up for the perfect change to attack.

Empress palm had ceased with the energy as that distortion had turned into an instant ball of flame as she drew her palm ready to strike. She had got a good glance aiming towards the Mettaur viruses, and seeing the grass panels were in the area would give them a good burn if she played her cards right. She had fired forward with a blast of heat from her hand as she aimed for the Met viruses once again using the spread to grab even more area to burn the other nearby to a crisp by using the grass panels to power up her attack. She had panted heavily since her energy was low meaning she had little chance unless she truly thought she could rely on these navis.

Keera growled at the thought, cringing her teeth to the point it felt like they were going to pop out of place from the reliability on these so called 'allies.' "This can't be helped..." Keera had uttered as Empress had stood ready to attack, or at least she thought as she had braced for an attack seeing that the enemy would be too fast considering her own speed wasn't up to par. She had readied to dodge as she stood by incase any of them had made a quick movement while of course gripping the terrain so that her body would vacuum in data from one of the nearby Met viruses to replenish her own health.

--------------------------------------------
Action 1: CornSht1 (50 Damage (x2) - Wood) @ TuffBunnyC

Action 2: Static Blast (40 Damage + Microburst + Splash2 [20 Damage]) @ Mettaur2 C (+Splash @ Mettaur2 B & Mettaur2 D [20 damage])

Action 3: HeatShot - 40 Damage (Fire) @ Mettaur2 C (+Spread @ Mettaur2 D)

Action 4: Dodge/Movement

Passive: Distortion - Absorb 10 Damage @ Mettaur2 B
"So these buffoons are gonna bail us out? And they want to help us help them guard the mystery data? Sheesh. These idiots wouldn't know teamwork if it hit them in the face." Wes sighed, "We're fighting a mob of powered up enemies. If we get greedy and just concentrate on getting that data, we'll be SOL. The only way we'll assist in guarding it is by killing off these viruses so there are less of them to attack it."

"Still, they did help us out. Can't we at least send them a guard or something to protect their investment?" Junior asked, a bit concerned, "We also might want to return Empress-san's favor and heal her a bit too."

"Negative on both on them. Those viruses showed up at more or less the same time they did. These idiots probably chased or led them here. If anything, they just screwed things up for us." Wes muttered, clearly annoyed.

"I'm sure they just have... ADHD or something. Plus, I think they showed right after this new wave, so they probably aren't the reason they're here... most likely." Junior said, trying to be positive.

"Right... what kind of person programs a psychological disorder into their navi?" Wes shot back. He then switched subjects quick, not want to take any more time to discuss their new... allies, if they could be called that, "In any case, the reason why we won't heal Empress at the moment is because she doesn't quite need it yet. Her netop is probably smart enough to have an Undershirt installed, meaning she should be able to take at least two more hits. She's smart enough that the most she should get hit is once before we have another chance to heal her, so we hold off until she's down to 1. She does seem to be uses mostly projectiles, so she's not putting herself directly in danger, afterall. Now then, let's start torching these newcomers. Now then, sending GrassZone, Phoenixshot1, Flameline1. If you need anything else, let me know, though for now, that'll do."

"Okay, got it. But before I do that, I think I need to weaken some of these things first." Junior knew he hads one last swing left in his aquasword. He rushed over to the silly and swung the blade in a large arc, the weapon turning to watery mush and falling to the floor as he completed the stroke. He then took a quick step back.

Now accessing the newly sent chip data, Junior focused the first chip into the floor, causing a large circle of grass to spring up around him. Then, to take advantage of the new sprouted plant life, Junior raised his hands over his head and summoned up three fire balls. Concentrating once again on the three Sillies in front of him, he launched a sphere at each of them, each one eating up the grass and flaring up to double its normal power as they touched the ground.

Junior put the last chip on hold. He'd use on of his own attacks before getting to that. He channelled some power into his bracelet, causing the hammer shaped charm on it to grow in size, turning it into a full functioning weapon. Holding it with both hands, he rushed on of the coldheads and raised the head of it high. He brought the weapon crashing down with enough power to break any defense the virus might put up as well as the ground beneath it. Then, hoping it would be open to furthur attacks, he swung three more times, hoping to wail on the virus until it ceased to exist. The hammer reverted back to its original size as the attack ended.

"You might want to back up a bit before using that last attack... You're in pretty close range there, which isn't exactly safe." Wes suggested.

With a nod, Junior ran back to a safe distance, hoping it would help him avoid any furthur attacks. He stood on the edge of the grass terrein and then with a wave, a column of fire shot up and began to advance forward, eating up the grass as it went. He tried to direct to take out any mets that may have been missed by Empress's assault, which would hopefully take out a good chunk of the remaining viruses.

"And now we wait and see what these chuckleheads can take out... If they want that data bad enough, they should be able to take out most of the enemies we may have missed." Wes said.

((1.) Aquasword, 80 aqua slashing, SillyC/D/E
2.) GrassZone, turns a large area into Grass terrein
3.) Phoenixshot1, 70 Heat, SillyC/D/E
4.) Mjolnir Jr's Revenge, 20 Elec x 4 (Break added to first hit), ColdheadA
5.) Dodge
6.) Flameline1, 70 Heat, Metool2 group))
Empress was finally able to finish off the accursed rabbit virus by smacking it across the side with an ear of corn. Junior shredded through the electrically charged Sillies with a powerful hack of his Aquasword. Meanwhile, the three newcomer Navis pulled up momentarily to assess the situation. After a brief bit of muttering amongst themselves, they shot off in three different directions - and stopped two steps into their run.

"Where the heck are you idiots going?" Spoonman demanded. He motioned around with his giant spoon, and then smashed it down onto a Fighterplane, leaving a serious dent in its anti-flak armour. Shiva looked back, and was rewarded with a jolt of electricity from one of the Magtec+ viruses.

"A moment!" The dancing Navi leapt into the air and slammed a blue-skinned foot into a Mettaur that wandered too close. "I was under the impression that we were all going--?"

"This way!" Cherufe bellowed, slashing two Magtec+ to ribbons. They reconvened to resume squabbling.

"We agreed that it would be best to work along--"

"You are stupid--"

"Since when does a Mafioso 'work' with the NetPolice--"

"Stupid stupid STUPIDFACE--"

While they were incompetently busy, the two civilians shouldered the load. Empress's Static Blast blew a startled Met right off its little feet, but didn't quite finish it. Junior sped up the growth cycle of the grid underfoot, and an even wider field of grass than before sprang up in fast-motion.

While he was preoccupied with being a green thumb, though, the viruses finally retaliated. A Mettaur's shockwave rumbled the ground beneath Junior, taking him to his knees. The bombs of ice fell on Empress. She stepped around one, but another burst open on the top of her head, sending her HP total flying into the red.

His subsequent Phoenixshot roasted a substantial amount of that grass, cooking the Sillies into oblivion. While Empress's Heatshot roasted a Mettaur, Junior swung his hammer high with the wrath of his ancestors or something like that. The first hit seriously cracked the armour of one of the Coldheads, but the subsequent strikes did little more than that. A blast of fire annihilated a number of the pesky Mettaurs.

The whole world bleeped.

"What was that?" Spoonman demanded, as all three of the newcomer Navis glanced up. The graphical renderings of the Rogue Net began to flicker.

CRITICAL MASS ACHIEVED, said a massive, omnipresent voice. MASS EXPULSION OF NETWORK CONTENTS IN PROGRESS.

The viruses exploded into masses of junk data. Cherufe, Spoonman, and Shiva had just started their cries of victory when they were abruptly logged straight out of the network. As the dark floor, covered in a mess of elements, began to shift and fragment, Junior and Empress were forcibly expelled from the Internet itself...

Terrain: 40% Normal, 10% Poison, 35% Grass, 5% Cracked, 10% Ice

TuffbunnyB: DELETED!
TuffbunnyC: DELETED!
Canodumb2A: DELETED!
MagmackerA: DELETED!
Powie2A: DELETED!
Powie2B: DELETED!
Powie2C: DELETED!
Metool2A: DELETED!