Annnnnd relax.....

Riff rubbed her aching foot before she stepped her toe into the hot springs and shuddered with glee. The steaming hot water enveloped the rest of her foot. Riff slid the rest of her body in and swam to a small alcove in the rocks where she cosily nestled down and soaked in the comforting water. She sighed and drooped her ears as she relaxed further.
Miyu appeared in the steam filled room, taking a deep breath of the humid air and letting it out slowly. "Ah, been a while since I've been here." She stretched herself out, and walked over to the changing area. Flashing colbalt over herself for a moment, she switched to a rather racy black two piece bikini, and walked back to the onsen.

She slowly lowered herself in, letting out a held breath. "Mmmm... I really do need to some here more often now that I have the time..."

She crossed her arms behind her head and rested against a rock. "I wonder why this place is so empty..."
Riffs ears twitched, she opened her eyes and tensed, was there someone else in here? She sighed and slumped down into the deeper water.
"Damn steam...." Riff mumbled, she couldn't see a thing, nor whoever had just come in.
She sighed loudly and sploshed a handfull of water over her brunette hair, water dripped from the black tips of her red cat ears.
Was that a splash I heard? Miyu opened one eye and looked around. Unable to see much through the steam, she shrugged and closed it. She stretched her arms towards the ceiling, letting out a bit of a stretch-moan, before plopping them into the water in front of her. "So, who's in here with me?" she called out, hoping that she had indeed heard someone else and that it wasn't just her imagination.
Riff looked up as she finally heard the navi speak.
"If you really must know....the names Riff." she replied.
She drooped her tail over her shoulder.
"And just who might you be?" Riff asked calmly, she looked at the black plumage at the end of her tail with a half hearted expression on her face. She looked up and glared through the steam, trying to trace a figure to put to the voice.
"Well, if you really have to know, my name is Miyu," she replied in a similar tone. "Don't worry, I'm not going to ask you weird questions or anything annoying like that," she continued a bit friendlier, "I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some pervert trying to take pictures of me or something."

She slipped fully into the water, popping her head back up after getting her hair wet. She returned to her original posture, leaning against the rock again.
Riff chuckled.
"Fair enough." she replied still looking around from her rocky alcove. Riff looked at her foot, her middle toe was bruised, all for kicking that mettool. The warm water however helped to numb it, she still grimaced at the blunt pain.
"I'm never doing that again...." Riff mumbled to herself, she drooped her ears and splashed another handfull of water onto her face.
Did she mumble something? Miyu swore she heard something from the direction of the other navi, but wasn't able to make out what she had said. "Did you say something after 'Fair enough'? I couldn't really make it out over the noise of the water..."

Miyu took a deep breath and let it out slowly, relaxing her back from top to bottom as she did so.
Riff looked up again. She sighed.
"Just grumbling to myself about a valuable life lesson well learnt." She said. Remembering the moment when her foot met the mettools helmet at high speed. Riff shook her head and put her foot back in the water.
"Stupid mettools...." she grumbled. Riff swished her tail, feeling slightly stupid about making such a fuss about it.
"Life lesson?" Miyu thoughtfully echoed, "I hope that it wasn't anything too painful to learn." She plopped her arms into the water in front of her again, and used her wings to splash some water over her shoulders.
Riff slanted her ears.
"Er...depends what you mean 'painfull'....." She started. "Shall we leave it at 'never kick a mettool'?" Riff said, trying to move the topic on. The steam cleared slightly, allowing her to see slightly of who she was talking to... Riff kicked herself in spite of her bad charisma....
"'Never kicking a metool', huh? I guess that would be painful, but not in the sense I had meant." Miyu rose from the water, and stretched her wings by flapping them a bit. She sank back into the water, her wings now outstretched. "So, Riff, done anything fun lately? I'm from the Und- er, Electown, and I gotta say, it's been pretty boring. Unless you count that big battle, but I wasn't caught up in it." I guess I shouldn't go about telling people I'm technically an Undernavi... might get me a worse rep...
Riff shrugged.
"Eh...nothing much. Just a bit of virus busting here and there. I'm kinda new to everything." She explained. "But I'm getting there." she sighed. Riff looked down at the water. "So you're from electown? I've never been there before...."
Riff poured hot water onto her shoulders,
"Ah thats better...." she whispered as her shoulder muscles relaxed. "Yeah, I'm from the ACDC area. Not much has gone on there recently that I know of." Riff said. She swore the navi had hesitated before saying electown. Riff shrugged it off...
"Yeah... Electown is um... interesting. I can't say I've spent much time in it though. Always off busting elsewhere." Miyu tilted her head. Maybe I will have to ask awkward questions to get a good conversation going... "So how old are you? You said you were pretty new at all this, right?"

Riff thought....how old was she? She had to be only a couple of weeks old by now.
"Er....about two months maybe, but my net-op and I haven't had much luck in finding a team to bust with so I haven't had that much full experience. It's just been myself lately, not that I'm really complaining...." Riff explained. "Trial and error have been the most commonly used tactic. For example; first time at hunting down viruses, Yoka net is pretty nasty to those first timers. But hey, I'm just another newbie navi in this world wanting to make a hit. Mistakes are easily made...."
Riff sat up and shook her ears again of water. "My problem Is that I get too cocky...sorry am I speaking too much?" Riff slanted her ears.
Miyu grinned. "Oh no~ Go ahead. What else is a place like this good for if you can't relax and talk freely, right?" Miyu used her hand to flip some hair that had stuck to her forehead off, wiping off the water that had been in it as well.

Well well well, looks like I got her talking. Just have to keep her talking now...

"Well, I'm... pretty old, in navi terms I suppose. I've only grown to about a late human teen and have been around for around 5 years... I know a decent bit about surviving in the net too, from experience." Her tone grew cold and unforgiving, "But unlike most navi's I didn't really have the luxury of learning from my mistakes. I had to be careful to not make any and to learn from other peoples' mistakes." Her voice returned to normal, and she continued, "But it's ok, I learned a lot, and am the capable navi I am today because of it."
Riff smiled a care free smile that was rarely seen.
"Eh. Seems fair." she said, she lifted up her tail and left it to hang on the rock to dry off. Riff smirked to herself and looked at her hands, not quite crinkled yet....she could stay in a little longer. Riff stretched slightly and relaxed. In human years...she looked....say at least mid teens, above sixteen but younger than twenty. She had that young naiive look in her eye, but that was only skin deep. Riff was an assassin at heart, cunning and sly. She didn't realise this yet however.....but an instinct was edging her in the back of her mind. This navi seemed strange, even though she was the first one to meet, she could tell there was something to hide......her normal train of thoughts came back. 'It's none of my buisiness.....' she thought to herself. 'But it would be impolite to deprive her of conversation.....'
Riff closed her amber eyes and twirled at the water with her finger, making a small whirlpool. "So, anything interresting going on today?" she asked.
"Eh, I went busting earlier and ran into some weird freak navi. He had some weird box that spat out a virus, and he kept saying things like 'I wonder how well this virus will do' and 'I'll have to fix that next time'." She shrugged and let out a small sigh. "Besides that, nothing that I know of is going on. Just came here to relax some."
"Mhmmm.....sounds much more interesting than my day." she said with a grin. She stretched her arms above her head.
"That guy sounded weird, why would you keep a virus in a box?" she wondered outloud.
"I mean, I would keep one in say, a titanium box with no airholes and a stick of uranium...that'll teach the little buggers....."
Riff was slightly bemused at her own thought, "heh, Schroedinger virus...."
She swore the hot steam was getting to her head....
"Heh. I'd prefer to keep it in a trash compactor," she countered. "No mess to clean up after."

She tilted her head. "So, you kicked a met? What happened there, it went into hiding and you were trying to flip it?"