Meeting with the employer

Raider turned around as he heard the warning of Blue. He was surprised as Scavenger was still attacking him, not paying attention to her injuries and the overwhelming enemy forces.
"She's insane ..." - thought Raider - " ... Or she knows something we don't"
Raider spotted Soldier, running after Scavenger. "At least he's still in one piece".
Then, he heard Dave saying something, but he couldn't pay attention. He had to react quickly, and he had to focus all his attention on Scavanger. He dropped his combat knife, and popped his gun in his hands with a magnetic impulse. Then, he jumped backwards and when he has in the air, floating towards Blue nearly completely horizontaly, he felt that a battlevchip began to modifie his rifle. Tenth a second later the shotgun was ready for action. Raider took a look at the meteor-like thing that was descending on them.
"Maybe I should reserve the chips on that thing, if we will have to shater it into pieces ..." - he imagined how the pellets would bounce off such a massive thing like that meteor - " ... No ... I'll let her taste it" - he was focuring on Scavenger again.
He was still in the air when fired the shotgun. The shot gave him some extra momentum, he used it to roll over from his back to his feet when he landed. He stood up, with his rifle aimed at Scavenger, not knowing if he could deal a lethal injury. He turned toward Blue, but was still looking a Scavenger, trying to be prepared for anything that insane hag could do.
"What should we do next?" - he said as he pointed at the meteor - "Should we overflow it with firepower, or build up some defense?"

--------------------------------------------------

Raider
3. Shotgun --> Scavenger [50]

On CD
"This is the end of you!"[i][/i] the navi screeched, raising her claws to attack. Her speed surprised Raider and, before he could fire, she rent her claws through his chest in a painful, unreserved vertical swipe. As he staggered back, the gun went off, blasting her underneath the chin and blowing her visor apart. Data streamed out from her jaw as she made something akin to a gagging, dying noise, attempted to curse him, then fell to her knees and evaporated.

The crowd cheered in celebration of Raider's success. At the front of the crowd was DimensionGirl Red, who had stepped off of the stage and was now joining in on the clapping. "The plan has worked perfectly! There's only one thing left to do before we're finished!" she shouted, pointing upward at the ball of flames, still slowly descending upon the stage (which Red had long since stepped back from).

"Aren't you guys forgetting something?" came a laugh from the back of the crowd. In the midst of the confusion, the rogue Netpolice navi had moved to the back of the crowd and, now bearing an insane, gleaming smile, was holding one of the observers hostage. "Our mission isn't done here yet. These ignorant laymen must learn the glory of Idol, my goddess! I'll take them all to her, no one will be harmed. Everyone will be enlightened for the good of their souls! However, should anyone resist..." he stopped with a snicker, pressing a shotgun hard against the side of the helpless navi's head. "Remember, these guys don't get second chances. One wrong move and this guy's seen his last day on the net!"

DimensionGirl Blue glared tensely at the navi, readying some kind of weapon on her arm. She obviously intended to try to take the shot, regardless of what happened to the civilian. Red, on the other hand, appeared to be trying to calm the navi down and ready negotiations. The navi was obviously insane, though, so the success of such a strategy was debatable, but was disregarding the civilian's safety any better of an option? Worse yet, the descending object seemed like it was nearly in place to crash into the net. Raider had a lot to mull over...

Mafia Forces:
Scavenger: DELETED
Shadowy Navi: DELETED
Unknown Object: ???? (1 turns till drop, high altitude)
Netpolice Officer C: 20 HP (using hostage as human shield)

Netpolice Forces:
DimensionGirl Red: 150 HP
DimensionGirl Blue: 60 HP
Netpolice Officer A: 60 HP
Netpolice Officer B: DELETED
Raider: 80 HP
Soldier: 30 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

(Watch this space to see the tide of the battle)
Civilians are panicking over hostage situation and the mysterious approaching object! Netpolice morale is low!
Netpolice -<<<< Netmafia
"Do not shoot him!" - said Raider after he noticed Blue preparing to attack the crazy NP officer, quietly enough not to be heard by him - "Looks like Red is going to negotiate with him, thus giving us some time. I'll try to blast this meteor out the sky, and then I'll try to neutralize him, and then you can riddle him, without getting the civilian in the line of fire. If it doesn't work, it's no worse than shooting him and the hostage, as I extrapolated you intend to do, we just gave it a chance. There's even a change that Red can convince him to release the hostage. So, I suppose we should delay the attack."

He looked up to the sky, staring at the blazing meteor. Having no better idea, he began to charging up his rifle, and the munition inside. He could not flow his power in them any faster, without causing damages in their structure, so he had some time to think.

With his weapon lowered - "Would be bad to shoot a civilian accidentally" - holding it with one hand, Raider measuerd up their status. He noticed the cilivians cheering for him, and he had to admit that it was a good feeling. He smiled, and then focused his mind on the mission. Hoping that Blue will consider his suggestion, Raider was thinking on how should they neutralize that insane officer.
"No more gun chips left. Well, I still have one EnergyBomb, but civilians would get in the aoe. RemoteBit is not precise enough, Auto-turret is no powerful enough, and I cannot risk missing the target by a lethal weapon. The only thing left is the taser. Then Blue can use the right treatment for the situation."

The rifle was full of energy, he could not pump any more into it. He aimed at the incoming meteor, and set the scope for the correct distance and altitude of the target. He also borrowed some of Solder's ability to inflict serious structural damage. He got so accustomed to Soldeier, that it was so natural, he almost forgot him.
"Hey, Soldier!" - said Raider to his companion, and pointed up. He was sure Soldier will act in accordance with the requirements of the situation.
Focusing on his target - "Would be embrassing to miss such a big target, making no unexpected movements" - he aimed, and fired at its center. Hopefully the impact will shatter it, and even if it won't be destroyed completely, will fall apart, and land in smaller, harmless pieces.

------------------------------------------------------------

Raider

[li]Charge
    [li]Charge
  • Charged attack --> Unknown Object/Meteor [64] + Snipe + Smash
Soldier

• Attack Unknown Object/Meteor [25]
[/color]
"Whoa, my shot was so powerful that it stopped the time! ... Cool"

((bhump))
Blue gave a disgruntled grunt in response to Raider's suggestions. "Now you're acting outside your authority, citizen. We know what we're doing here,"[font=ar cena][/font] she muttered to him in an unfriendly and somewhat belittling manner. As the assailant focused h is attention upon DimensionGirl Red, Blue opened up a black void of darkness and stepped inside slowly. Moments later, the void reopened behind the assailant and her arm emerged. Red did not change her expression, betraying none of the strategy.

"I'm not interested in surrender, dumbass. This is about my mission. I'm not going to be thrown off of it because of anything you try to sell me with your NP head-shrink lingo," the rogue officer laughed, pressing his gun's barrel beneath the captive's chin and nudging it playfully. There was a gasp from the crowd as a loud noise sounded; everyone first assumed it had come from the criminal's weapon. A moment of additional examination revealed that the real trigger had been DimensionGirl Blue's weapon, shooting out one of the assailant's legs from beneath him. There was a brief moment where everyone feared that the navi would fire off his gun in panic, but his battle abilities had ceased. He cried out in pain as his data dispersed into the net.

Raider still had priorities of his own and set to firing at the descending object. Soldier's shot made little impact, but Raider's managed to pierce the armor, sending a cascade of red metal falling to the ground. From this distance, Raider could begin to make out its features: a red, rotating sphere of armor with about six openings spread out evenly across its surface. Fire was streaming out of every hole but one, creating the sort of meteor trail that followed it through the sky. Finally, the NP forces and crowd retreated backwards as the object crashed to the ground, raising a giant cloud of debris and crushing the stage that Red had prepared.

"Who are you people? Why are you shooting at me? You want to hurt me, don't you? You all want to kill me!"[font=HP psg][b][/font][/b] came a hollow voice from within the shell. A giant face, clad in a restricting gray metal harness across its brow and mouth briefly poked itself out from one of the holes. The neck seemed almost like a turtles, but the face was a warped, stretched parody of a human's. "I recognize you! You're like the one from before. The one who stuck that long needle into me! I'll destroy you and you'll never hurt me again!"[font=HP psg][b][/font][/b] the creature roared, beginning to roll towards DimensionGirl Blue.

"The enemy is CravenMan! He's vulnerable now that his head is exposed. Attack the head in order to destroy him! Attacks made on his shell aren't likely to work!"[font=ar cena][/font] she reiterated, trying to get everyone out of the way as fast as she could. "Blue, you've got his attention. He thinks you're Libertine, DimensionMan's protege that was killed in action. He's going to try to kill you, run for it!"[font=ar cena][/font] she explained in a frantic yell. The crowd watched in anticipation as the rolling, flaming navi chased down Blue, who was now on a desperate run for her life, waiting for her Dimension Jumper to recharge. Red looked to Mosu, giving him a smile that was rewarding but also demanding. "You did a good job putting a hole in his armor. We're really counting on your abilities as a sniper now. Hammer that hole with everything you've got!"[font=ar cena][/font]

Mafia Forces:
Scavenger: DELETED
Shadowy Navi: DELETED
CravenMan: 172 HP
Netpolice Officer C: DELETED

Netpolice Forces:
DimensionGirl Red: 150 HP
DimensionGirl Blue: 60 HP
Netpolice Officer A: 60 HP
Netpolice Officer B: DELETED
Raider: 80 HP
Soldier: 30 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

(Watch this space to see the tide of the battle)
Civilians are anxious but relieved by hostage situation resolution and destruction of mafia operatives. Netpolice situation is getting better.
Netpolice ---<< Netmafia
Raider was watching CravenMan's curiosly, recording every pieces of informations about him that might be useful. When he got his orders from Red, he smiled. He knew that they were counting on him as a sniper, and that's what he likes the most. A task is given, to utilize his sniping abilites. The battlescene is set, he is in good position, he enjoyed this mission.
"And they even pay for it" - thought Raider.
His smile faded, when that monstrous navi started chasing after Blue.
"I got to cover her ... " - he thought - " ... and I got to apologize her for my suggestion" - he knew that officers like her can only be impressed by flawless behaviour and protocol. He registered the apology on his "Do not forget" list, and then he opened a channel to Dave.
"Dave, big enemy ...
" ... deserves big weaponry, I know. Sending the EnergyBomb, get him!"

Raider began charging up the rifle before the transforming was complete. Instead of slender rockets, wide, flat-headed grenades appeared, in order to do more structural damage. His energy was still flowing into the gun, so he had some time to aim precisely.

He was pointing with the laser aiming at the damaged part of CravenMan's armor.
"Hopefully, these will drill a hole in his shell. Even if I can't hit the crack, the explosions might create a new one. And this will probably make him focus on me" - gulp - "Well, at least the girls will have some time to do something" - He imagined himself running with that monster in his back. He shook his head and cleared his mind of these infectious thoughts.
He was not thinking on missing the targets. He had three projectiles - "Three chance to hit" - and he trusted in his aiming skill enough to let himselt not thinking on "what if not" option.

The energy level reached tha maximum he could handle, so he flipped the security switch, armed the sparkling rockets and made some quick calculations about the movement of his target. When the conditions were favorable, he pulled the trigger and readied himself to dodge the incoming attacks. He knew that the destrucive power he sent towards CravenMan would be enough to delete him from the net, but he knew Murphy's Law well enough not to trust in his luck, and a full hit.

Soldier, in the meanwhile was ready for anything, like helping Raider, Red and Blue, and civilians if they get into trouble, due to he was not able to perform devastating attacks like his superior officer.

------------------------------------------------------
Raider

[li]Lock and Load
    [li]Take aim --> the crack
  • EnergyBomb [ 3x(40 + 80/3) ] + Snipe + Smash + everything he got Status:
Soldier
Help others if necessary, dodge if not[/color]
The rolling monster approached Blue at breakneck speeds, increasing its momentum far faster than she could manage. At the last second, the NP forces managed to land a few shots on its body, although only one connected with its head. The creature's execution was then left to Raider, who prepared an energy bomb to accomplish that goal. Taking aim for the tremendous navi, Raider threw his bomb. It was difficult, due to how quickly the enemy was moving across the battlefield, but even without hitting the hole, the bomb smashed into CravenMan's armor and began to break it to pieces.

Something like a bubbling hot liquid began to pour out from the gaping hole. It seemed that his body, which had been emitting the concentrated fire, was now destabilizing.
"Aaaargh! You monster! You've killed me, I can feel my blood boiling! It huuuuurts!"[font=HP psg][b][/font][/b] the navi cried in panic, crimson liquid streaming out of its gleaming red eyes. The creatures screams trailed off into the night, almost covered by the cheers of the crowd. The mafia threat was now over. The monster had not jacked out, however; for better of for worse, Raider had literally terminated it. All that was left was its armor and metal restraints as the bubbling liquid that its body had become evaporated into data.

"Ha ha ha! Excellent, citizen! You've played a key role in assuring that Idol's personal militia will no longer threaten the citizens of the net. After sending her two henchmen back with their tails between their legs and destroying her trump card, I doubt we'll be seeing the same trouble from her,[font=ar cena][/font] DimensionGirl Red congratulated Raider, patting him on the shoulder with one gloved hand. "You're a hero in the eyes of these citizens and the Netpolice. Good work, remind the GNA account of your success and look forward to receiving your payment,"[font=ar cena][/font] she finished, removing her hand and walking over to Blue. Despite the festive atmosphere, Blue seemed unhappy, and not just because of having been chased by a giant rolling monster for a good distance.

Another navi had beamed down nearby, a tall navi with something like a french horn for a head and long trombone arms. A regal mustache adorned the front of the horn, along with two eyebrows set into a stern glare. The remaining NP officer saluted him and moved quickly out of his way, as if to avoid accountability. It seemed like something was still amiss, even though the battle had ended...

Raider noticed he still had his radio... he could listen up if he wanted. He was of course free to leave whenever he wished, however.

GET: 1200 z, TwinFang1
Raider was smiling as he secured his rifle, put it on his back, holding it in position with his magnetic forces, and collected the remains of the attacker. Then he saw Red congratulating him, the happy crowd, and decided to stay a little more. A bit later he spotted Blue, and he remembered that he have one more task to complete. He walked to, and stood in front of her.
"I got to apologize, I was acting out of my authority" - he hoped that this will break her grouch.

After that, he noticed the radio, and he turned it on (not the big red button), because of his curiousity. He listened it for a while, and decided to listen to the speech, if it contiunues, and leave when it's over (of course after saying goodbye to the DimensionGirls).
Blue nodded, seeming satisfied that he'd humbled himself to apologize to her. She was still very upset though, he noticed, as he took his distance. The bushy mustached navi seemed to ignore him, walking up to the DimensionGirls with a stern expression. Raider turned on his radio to listen to what was being said between the NP officer and the two NP SPs...

The brass-skinned navi set his eyebrows stern, coughing into one of his trombones and then beginning to speak. "Inexcusable, harumpumpum. Blue, I must reprimand you for allowing DimensionGirl Red to carry out such a hair-brained scheme at the expense of the safety of these civilians. Red, I believe you know how I feel about this whole excursion of yours, harumpumpum. No paper-work, no correspondence with Netpolice Administrators... What do you have to say for yourself?" he asked the red-suited DimensionGirl, crossing one arm over the other and glaring, despite his lack of eyes.

"With all due respect, Officer BrassMan, we managed to take out all of Idol's forces with no civilian injuries. The civilian opinion of the NP has no doubt improved as a result of this success and Idol will no longer be a threat to anyone. Isn't that worth the risks we took?"[font=ar cena][/font] DimensionGirl Red responded, holding a salute but frowning.

"Not at all, Red. Listen to me, harumpumpum: you must never put the lives of unoperated navis at risk, never! Under your watch, harumpumpum, a civilian just killed an unoperated navi. Have you taken into account how he'll feel, with that blood on his hands? You've acted utterly without thought and created mistakes far greater than those benefits you mentioned, harumpumpum," the navi scolded her, holding firm. "You know I don't like to be severe, but learn from this: in hoping to help the civilians but acting outside of authority, you have committed serious errors. Do not act without our knowledge or misrepresent us again."

"Yes sir..."[font=ar cena][/font] she replied quietly, keeping a dutiful at-attention stance and a firm salute.

Blue crossed her arms and glared angrily at BrassMan."Hey, tell AlchemyMan we're real thankful for having to take care of his monster. We never got Libertine's sword back, but you know, she and her prototype weapon were acceptable losses, I guess,"[font=ar cena][/font] she spat, looking furious.

BrassMan sighed, his eyebrows dropping to a sorrowful expression. Crossing his arms behind his large back, he turned around and teleported off of the net. Blue grumbled something Raider could not make out over the radio, then teleported off as well. Red was left alone and dropped her salute, looking stricken with worry. Finally, she turned her head, looking at Raider with a startled expression and seeing him using the radio. Putting two and two together, she mentally scolded herself and ran to meet him. "I'm uh, sorry that you... Please, disregard anything you heard. It's nothing you need to concern yourself over. I... I've acted outside of authority,[font=ar cena][/font] she sighed, staring at her feet as she took the radio back. "Don't feel badly about that navi you killed. A man named AlchemyMan killed him a long time before you got to him."[font=ar cena][/font]

As she and the last of the NP forces jacked out, Raider was left alone with a cheery, talkative crowd of civilians, all oblivious to the inner turmoil of the Netpolice that had shown itself to Raider following the battle.
"So ... CravenMan is ..."
"Over" - he was looking at the liquid on the ground - "He couldn't escape. He was not a virus, he was a navi like me, and now all his remembrance, experience and acquaint is gone ... If I'd knew, I'd have tried to stop him, instead of deleting him ... That feels bad ... Deleting virii or forcing navis to jack-out is one thing, but this is different ..."
"I know, but he was attacking the guys who didn't have the chance to escape either, and we got to act quickly"
Raider looked at the crowd.
"Yeah ... At least they're in safe, at the moment"
"Hey, come, let's cheer up somewhere"
"Agreed. Soldier, let's go"
"AYE

The duo disappeared in a screeding flash, leaving a weak sparkling behind.

[JACK-OUT]