Squad Recruitment

Shadows rose up from the earth and condensed to form a entity wrapped in darkness. Cypher had materialized within the NetSquare. The Navi looked around, noticing a handful of normal Navi and Mr. Progs going about their business. It was like a scene from a child's tale; peaceful, serene and incredibly boring. The NetSquare was usually highly patrolled by the NetPolice and was well traveled by Navi of all sorts. There were few instances of viral attacks or criminal activities and Cypher doubted that anything would crop up just because he had arrived in the area. There would be no use for his gun in a place like this.

"Enjolie," Cypher spoke in a quite voice. "What are we doing here?"

"Well, I figure that we could use some virus battles to test out your new upgrades."

"Then wouldn't we be better served in an area where viruses appear more frequently?"

"Yes, but our team up with Daisy had me thinking. I'd like to work on our teamwork with other Navi and Op teams. There is only so much we can do on our own, after all."

"I suppose," Cypher responded.

The Navi didn't want to get involved with others, didn't want to risk being betrayed, but he had little choice. He had to follow Enjolie's lead in order to protect her from horrors that he knew revolved around her. He would do what he had to do to protect her, even if it meant risking his life by grouping with possible enemies.

((Just waiting for Syriene and whoever else is joining.))
{{No GMO active. Standard appearance}}

A musical Note formed on the netways and Bard.exe formed where it landed. She was in her normal GMO, so she was sitting on the ground with her lon shirt draping over her form. The bongos sat in her lap, as did the piccolo. She pushed her hat back on her head and looked around the square. "Someone here is bound to be up for some fighting," Bard said to herself. She looked around and then called up the hover disk to carry her. When she did this she was floating at the height of a normal navi now. She called her Raven up as well. It came to being this time on her shoulder. The Raven formed and then let out a loud caw.

Bard's eyes scanned the square, seeing a few Navi's she had encountered before. All of them were just normal navi's of the classmates of Leo. Sad. She ad more aquantiances at Leo's school than he did. She wasn't keen on the idea of battles with a standard navi however, and floated over to a slightly out of the way spot. Her raven flew from her shoulder and began to scout while she played her instruments. One of the two always attracts custom navis. Either the weird bird in the sky, or the music being played.

She pulled her mouth to the piccolo and began playing. It was a simply elegant song simply meant to warm herself back up to playing this.

"God this class is boring," Leo said to Bard through the headsets. "I already know everything."

Bard stopped playing briefly to say, "Indeed you do, but on the plus side we get to spend some time on the netways during it."

"That is the main reason I still come to this class."
Cypher wandered the NetSquare, bypassing the NormalNavi that comprised the majority of the inhabitants of the area. He doubted that a NormalNavi would be adequate for virus busting, even in a relatively calm location like ACDC Net. He would more likely find a suitable companion with a custom job. Of course, Cypher didn't feel that he needed an associate...But it was best to keep up appearances.

"Enjolie," Cypher spoke up. "I don't think there are any Navi here worth teaming with."

"Come on," the young woman protested. "You've hardly even looked."

"Yes but these..." Cypher was cut off by the sounds of music spreading over the square.

"What's that?" Enjolie asked. "Let's check it out."

"Fine," Cypher relented and moved toward the sound of the music.

As Cypher neared the source of the music, he came across a female Navi floating in the air on a disk of some sort. A raven flew high in the air above the Navi, cawing in order to draw attention to itself. Cypher found the whole scene quite annoying.

"Wow," Enjolie spoke, her voice tinged with excitement. "I've never seen a Navi like that before and she makes such beautiful music. Go on and introduce yourself, alright? She looks like she might make a good partner."

She looks like a cripple trying to scam a few zenny from the ignorant masses. Cypher thought to himself. However, he did as he was asked and approached the floating Navi.

"Hel-" He started before Enjolie intervened.

"Hiya! My name is Enjolie and this is Cypher. That's some beautiful music you are playing there."
"See anyone that would make for a good teammate?" Leo asked quietly into the headset. Bard didn't answer him directly, but once she abrubtly stopped her music he knew she had found someone. Or someone had found her. Leo grabbed the PET and looked into the screen. A sleek armored Navi stood near to Bard. "Clearly custom," He whipsered into the headset.

Bard looked up at the Navi as he apporached. She blinked at him twice when she first saw his "face" and stared blankly for a moment. It took her a spilt second to get off the face of the navi and hear what was acutally said to her. "Oh why thank you! I can play a bunch of instruments," Bard said happily. It always did her good to get compliaments about her music. As it would any artist. The raven flew down from the skys at Bard mental command and landed on the ground before the newcommer. It looked up at him and moved its head side to side.

"My name is Bard, and my operator is Leo. He won't be talking much, to be honest I haven't ever talked to another operator before! Nice to meet you!" She looked over Cypher carefully. He was in very powerful an sleek armor. The opposite of Bard herself. Bard then looked down to her Raven and said, "I can't tell if he likes you or wants to peck at your feet."

The raven cawed loudly once more and flew back to Bard. It landed on the disk beside Bard and kepts its feather slightly ruffled at the sight of Cypher. Bard batted at her raven to tell it to calm down, the attempt being in vain. Her eyes went back to Cyphers face and she said, "You will have to excuse him, he can be a bit odd around strangers." She ran a gentle hand down the Raven's back and smiled at the navi.
"There is no need to apologize," Cypher said as he eyed the small digital bird from behind his featureless visor. "I am more than used to that particular judgment. I suppose that my visage is a tad unsettling. Well, am my NetOp said, I am designated as Cypher.Exe. We are currently seeking companions to aid in the deletion of viruses and to bolster our skills when it comes to group relations." Cypher waited for Enjolie's usual interruption.

"Yeah," the young woman answered on cue. "We just purchased some new upgrades and I wanted to try them out. I think you'll make a pretty interesting partner for Cypher, so what do you say?"

"I don't suppose you can use weapons as well as you play that pipe?" Cypher asked. "Our last venture into the Net met with extreme resistance and, unfortunately, I was unable to gain much in the way of an arsenal."
Bard waited for Cypher to finish what he was saying, and waited for the operator to finish as well before speaking. "I can see why you need to work on your group skills," Bard said in a joking playful manner. Bard straightened her back and cleared her throat before saying, "My name is Bard, and I would enjoy going into the hostile parts of the net and destorying viruses with you there." Once she finished the introduction she extended her hand to Cypher and awaited a returning handshake.

Bard begin to gather her instruments and prepareing herself to leave when Cypher asked the question of her. "Funny thing is," she began, "this is my weapon." She holds the piccolo up for Cypher to glance at before saying, "And I am quite proficient with it." Bard had teamed with someone else before and knew how this next part would go. So she dropped her cocky persona and went back to her normal happy self. "What do you say we get going now? I think we should go to ACDC, that is a place I haven't visited in a while. You game? She began wondering off towards the portal, only waiting a few moments for a responce. Along the way she spoke to herself, "I haven't been to ACDC in a while, wonder what it is like there, I think I have forgotten." The Raven kept a watchful eye on Cypher the whole time as Bard floated onwards.
Cypher returned the Navi's handshake and waited to hear her response to his inquiry.

"Well," Cypher muttered. "As long as you are confident in your abilities. I have just recently come from ACDC, actually. We were beset by quite a number of viruses, but were able to hold our own. So, I can't see any issues with returning there."

"Oh yeah," Enjolie piped in. "ACDC will be just fine. I want to get some more BattleChips and that's as good a place as any. I hope we get something good."

Cypher followed Bard toward the portal, his eyes flickering from the Navi to her suspicious familiar. The duo didn't seem dangerous, but the deepest corruption usually lurked within the purist of people. The Navi grimaced behind his mask, not looking forward to the trials to come.

Ah...

A thought came to the Navi. He had earned an Invis BattleChip in his last run. If the worst happened, he could slip into the shadows and plan his strike. If Bard was true to her word, then things would go smoothly. If she turned on him, she would pay...Starting with the damn bird.
"Good! ACDC it is then! it has been a while since I have been there did I say that already? Hrm."

"Bard, you know I won't be able to support you much in battle with the tatics because of being in class, right?" Leo asked to just Bard in a quiet whisper.

"Yeah I know." Bard said to Leo.

"Lets just see how it goes," Leo said in a low whisper.

Bard turned back to see if her new teammate was still following her. Upon seeing him in her sights she floated the disk through the protal into ACDC nets.

{{To ACDC}}
"Meh," Cypher muttered to himself as he followed his newest companion through the portal to ACDC.