Errand: Get allowance to Travis

"Alright, Traceur, uh, I need your help." Joanne announced, a slightly embarrassed smile on her face as she tugged on one of her snake-emblazoned sleeves. "I uh, kinda spent my brother's allowance." With that announced, the air suddenly seemed to drop about fifty degrees. Her brother's allowance, as the pair well knew-- consisted of 5000z and up. It wasn't exactly an easy thing to earn with the art of 'busting viruses'. And it was due to be given to him today. Traceur pondered the fact, wincing at the thought of destroying multiple viruses upon multiple viruses. They'd only received enough to net themselves a cannon on their last runthrough, and he was looking forward to using it as a booster. However,---

"What did you spend it on?" He asked nervously, crossing his arms and tapping his foot in the PET. He was well prepared to do it for a decent cause, but she hadn't spent the zenny on him, and he was darn well sure she hadn't invested in stocks and higher education. Maybe a videogame, or possibly splurging on a new custom hoodie? The last one had cost 3000z, he was aware. No-- He recalled some files, and started going through the list of purchases.

"Shoes." She answered, "and uh, uhm, that Rageclaw, and that Shotgun chip."

All the ellipses in the world wouldn't have made a difference to Traceur, he would have fell over right then and there if it weren't for the fact that he was simply too stunned not to.

"So now it's my responsibility to get it all back for you?" He questioned, rubbing his forehead.

"Well, the shoes are really rad, they've got this gel inside them that makes them really really comfortable, and they're really lightweight. So much better than my old shoes, those were about to fall apart." What Joanne said was the truth, her old shoes had been close to falling apart, but Traceur thought that the new ones had come out of busting dividends.

"Promise you won't do this again?" He asked, sighing and looking longingly at the playground that was the rest of the PET.

Her reply was a muttered inconsistency that he couldn't quite parse out. He was pretty sure it didn't consist of an acquiescing to his general request, though. Shaking his head, he waited to be jacked in.

"How long do we have?" He asked, looking at the time in the corner of the display.

"About two ho- no, one and a half hours." Joanne's smile was too wide to be realistic.

Traceur almost cried.
"Here's Traceur. I hear you're going to be duking it out in a tournament, Sis." Travis attempted a smile, but Burt's influence made him shudder. "Uhm, avoid Burt Blanchard while you're there. I'm absolutely serious. I'm not trying to be an asshole or a douche or anything. Please. Avoid him. I'm begging you. " Travis sighed, for once wanting to honestly protect his sister from such a-- such a--- influence.

"...Fine. I'll do my best. I think we're in differing brackets anyway. It's why I'll be not showing up there for a while. Thanks for your concern, Trav." Joanne sighed and looked away. Pocketing the PET and the growing number of chips, she shrugged.

"Thanks." That one word was all she heard as she walked away from her brother, frappucino in hand.

[Going to Scilabs]