Leon's House

After a long run of virus busting, and a surprise encounter with some freakish virus engineering navi, Miyu returned to the PET.

Looking in the corner of the pet, he noticed that he had an e-mail from Wes. Opening it, he read through it quickly, and fired off his response.

Leon rubbed his chin. "So, he needs more storage? I wonder what he could possibly need that much storage for..."
"Who cares, I just want to sleep for a while" Miyu sleepily interrupted. "See ya in about a half hour~"
"H-Hey, wait!" Leon tried to get out, but Miyu had already shut herself off to start recovering from her fights. "Well, at least she recovers a lot faster than Ayumi did..."

So... I wonder what I should do, I have a half hour to spare... and I have that match at the coliseum to attend to at some point... What a pain. I really need to stop getting myself into so much crap. He sighed heavily an shook his head. I wonder if Requiem is going to make a move now since the battle in Electown...

Leon navigated the PET's browser to the Requiem BBS, and started poking around...
After wasting some time making and eating some mac and cheese, Leon returned to his couch, and plopped down onto it. He reached over and grabbed the PET off of the coffee table, and shook it a bit. "Hey, wake up already. It's been 45 minutes, and you said you only were gonna sleep 30."

The screen slowly lit up and revealed Miyu on her knees, rubbing her eyes sleepily. "Yeah yeah, asshole, I'm awake." She muttered something incomprehensible to Leon under her breath. Damn netops. Can't even sleep without them annoying the hell out of you. She yawned and stretched, pushing her arms towards the sky. "So what's SO important that you had to wake me up, huh?"

"Well, nothing too big. I just figured you might enjoy some time in the onsen more than just crashing in the PET."

Miyu shrugged. "Well, I guess now that I'm up, I might as well go." She flashed a dark cobalt color as she changed to her normal outfit. "And for future reference, I hate being woke up early."

Leon smirked. "Don't we all..."

Miyu jacked in to the net, and headed towards the onsen.

Leon noticed that there was a reply to his question, and read it with a concerned look on his face. So... Wes wants to push our existence up, huh? I'll have to look around for some more help... and for some targets that need taken out...
Miyu returned from the Onsen, feeling stress free and sporting wet hair and damp skin. She wrung her hair out, drop of water falling form her hair and evaporating into nothingness as they fell. "Hey Leon, what are we up to now?"

Leon turned back to the PET. He had gone off to to the kitchen to grab some chips and dip earlier, and had been on the couch munching on them while she was in the onsen. "Well... I don't know. We need to do some scouting and recon for Requiem sometime, I'd imagine. We can't very well go to war with the scum of the net if we don't know the scum from ourselves."

"Are you implying that I might be scum?" Miyu asked, sounding hurt but indignantly angry.

Leon blinked, thinking for a moment about what he had said and why she got offended. "Oh! No. No no no no no." He shook his head and waved his hands in an effort to make the 'no' sound more sincere. "What I meant was, we have no idea who is on what side, nor who is causing trouble where. All we have to go on is the news, and it's rather uninformative."

"I see." She flatly sighed.

"Really Miyu, you've given me no reason to not trust you. I didn't mean it like that." He tried his best to sound sincere and earnest. "I have no reason to not trust you, same with Junior."

"Fine. I'll take your word for it..." Miyu sounded pretty defeated, and her wings drooped as if to show it. "What is the plan then?"

"I have no idea. We should ask Wes and find out. Let's go to the BBS and make a post."

"Alright... I guess that's all we can really do, huh?"
After they had gotten the leader's reply to their question, Miyu was at a loss.

"So what?" she asked angrily. "We just sit and wait for them to screw up more people's live?" She stomped and crushed an empty blue can with a "E" on it under her heel.

Leon shook his head. "No. It means we have to find a good way to bait them into attacking us or someone else first." He paused a moment, scratching his chin. "Which leads us back to doing recon."

"Great, we get to sneak around like a bunch of spy movie rejects" Miyu angrily muttered.

"Get over it, because it can't be helped. It seems like there's now a route to Net Vegas. I suspect that would be a good area to begin our recon. Since there are always shady dealings to be done there. At least in the movies."

Miyu let out an annoyed sigh. "Fine. I'll head over there. Should I go in my standard outfit or my disguise?"

Leon pondered for a second. "Let's go normal for now. No need to bring attention to your alter ego yet."

Miyu nodded and took off towards Net Vegas.
Returning from the net, Miyu sat down in the PET and started to look over her wounds. She poked and prodded, wincing a bit when she found a deep wound, finding cuts she hadn't even remembered getting during the battle.

Meanwhile, Leon was busy looking over the various BBS'es that he knew of, seeing if anything interesting had been going down. Letting out a sigh, he threw his head back and sank into his couch. "Nothing..."

Miyu, having found nearly every wound from the last busting run, used the PET to begin healing herself. In nearly no time, she had fixed herself up as good as new. She had heard Leon sound exasperated over the lack of news, and sympathized. She may not have a clear goal in life, having just switched from trying to kill the leader of Requiem to finding out they were siblings and instead becoming a member, but she knew there had to be something to do. Anything. As long as it made a difference in something.

She though for a while about what she could do to try and find some clue as to where she should be heading. All she could think of was her new found family. She didn't know much about them, nor did they know much about her. She decided to send her brother an e-mail, and see what he was up to.
Leon walked around the house, making a snack and doing some random cleaning. A few hours later, he came back and noticed that Miyu had pulled something up on the screen before she went to take a nap.

He picked up the PET and started reading the page. Apparently Sci-Labs was going to host a tournament sometime in the near future. Leon thought on it for a while, and he decided to sign up for it. Surely if Miyu had brought it up she was interested in joining, right?

Leon downloaded the application and filled it out, sealing their participation in the tournament.

Hopefully this will help us get some practice against real enemies. I'm sure we'll have plenty of encounters in the future, once things start to pick up... He looked over Miyu's stats for a moment and noticed that he had been slacking with upgrading her. Guess I should go take care of that... He pickeed up the PET and headed towards the Navi shop.

[After the shopping post]

After he returned from the shop...

He decided to wake up Miyu and start a small busting run.

"Wake up, sunshine~" Leon said in a sickeningly sweet voice while poking the PET.

Miyu yawned and rubbed her eyes. "Mmmrmmmgggllemm" she muttered. "What do you want...?"

Leon shrugged. "We're gonna go on a small run and see what's up around the nets. Maybe we'll run into someone interesting."

Miyu's face blanked. "You woke me up for this? You're a dick. You know that, right?" She uncovered herself and pulled up a changing screen to change into her normal outfit. When she was done, the screen faded away and she was as ready to go as she was going to get. "So... where are we headed?"

Leon shrugged... again. "Well.... we're pretty weak right now, in all honesty. Let's just go to ACDC and hope for the best."

Miyu blanked again. "You woke me up to go to ACDC? Again Leon, you're a dick." Letting out an angry sigh, she jacked in to the network.
After Miyu had gotten back to the PET, Leon shoved the PET into his pocket and grabbed his battle chips. Putting those in yet another pocket, he grabbed his keys form the coffee table and headed out of the house towards the metro platform for SciLab, being sure to shut and lock the door behind him.
Leon came back, and opened the door to his house. He turned the PET back on, since he hadn't bothered to yet after installing the upgrade. "Hey Miyu, Ill leave it up to you to come up with whatever you wanna use the new capabilities for, alright?"

Miyu yawned and stretched, and rubbed her eyes. "Mmh? That's a fine good morning. Especially after you shut down the Pet with no warning" she mumbled. "But fine, I'll think of something, I'm sure."

"Great, because I'm going to recharge the Pet and go to bed. We've got to get ready for the tournament coming up." He found the adapter for the Pet and plugged it in, and making sure that the battery was charging took off to the top floor. He took a quick shower and went to bed.

The next few days were rather uneventful: Leon and Miyu talked a bit about the busting they had done, their impressions of the group, and some basic battle strategies. Miyu also developed two new abilities with the upgrade that Leon had bought.

The day of the tournament had finally arrived, and Leon made sure to look his best, as did Miyu.

Leon came downstairs in a pair of carpenter jeans and a dark blue silk button-up shirt with a lighter blue and white flowery-burst pattern on it. He grabbed a nice brown and black jacket and put it on over top. "So, you ready Miyu?" he asked as he picked up the Pet and unplugged it. He felt kind of silly charging it again the night before the tournament, but better safe than sorry.

Miyu nodded and clenched her fist in front of her chest. "You bet! Let's give it all we've got!"

Leon smiled and nodded. "I couldn't have said it better myself."

Leon put his keys in his pocket and locked the door, shutting it behind them as they headed towards the platform to take them to the arena.
It seemed no sooner had Leon and Miyu left then had they returned. Swiftly getting their asses handed to them in the first round, then came back home instead of waiting around to watch the results. No need to see who the strongest is when you're clearly one of the weakest, or so Leon's train of thought went.

Leon took his jacket off and threw it carelessly onto the couch. "Well, I guess we can curse the random draw for putting us against someone with a wood folder. If it weren't for that we would have at least had a chance."

Leon wrote a message to Majin and Junior regarding the match and the outcome, also wishing them luck and encouraging them to beat the snot out of everyone they came across.

Meanwhile Miyu was still nursing her bruised body and ego in the corner of the Pet, her back turned to the screen. She sighed, and stood up after Leon had sent the e-mail. "Lets get on with it. We don't have anything else to do, so let's go get our confidence back by ruthlessly destroying some virii or something."

Leon was rather surprised to see her ready to go so soon. "Well... you certainly are your mother's daughter... just a little bit faster recovering it seems."

Miyu placed her hands on her hips and shot dagger with her eyes. "And what, exactly, is that supposed to mean?"

"Don't worry about it, it's nothing... Anyways, let's see about a mission, shall we? While getting some random viruses killed might be ok, I think heading out and doing something actually useful might help us more."

Miyu nodded, and headed to the Mission BBS to look for, or in case nothing was posted ask, for a job.
Leon smirked. "So, they've slacked off on their work and need us to take over a bunch of crap, huh? I wish I could say I was surprised... Anyways, shall we head to Dentech and get the ball rolling?"

Miyu nodded from the Pet, and headed to Dentech, going through the NetSquare.