Rainy Day.

It was raining outside of Mr. Dunrae's apartment.

As Rose sat at her desk, rain barraging her window, making the outside stormy and bleak, she pulled out her PeT. "Well, since the weathers pretty awful, and Dad got called into work, we might as well head onto the Net." she said.

SummonerMan was always willing to do something, so he had no objections. "How long's the old man supposed to be gone for?" he asked idly.

"Well, he said he may be gone all day, and I'm not just going to sit around doing nothing." Rose replied.

Spinning her chair to face the computer which sat on her desk, she jacked SummonerMan into the Net.

Leaving her room, she saw that he was taking his coat off in the front hall. She was about to ask him what he was doing, but her brother beat her to it. "So Dad, why are you back so soon?" he asked.

"Turns out they didn't need me after all. The guy showed up." He replied. "Why? Are you disappointed?" He asked, smiling.

"No, just wondering." was Conner's quick answer. "So, what are we going to do, then?"

"I don't know, let me rest a moment. We'll probably watch some of those movies, then have supper." Their father replied. "That sound fine to you two?"

"No problems here." Rose said. "Just let me finish up what I was doing." She began heading back to her room.

"Same here!" Connor said, dashing back to his.

Rose grabbed her PeT and headed down to the living room, to find that she had been beaten by her father and little brother. Worse yet, Connor had already picked out which movie to watch first.

"You two started without me?" Rose said, in mock indignation.

"Hey, we can't wait forever." Connor said.

"Whatever, I'm picking the next one." She said, sitting down on the couch and preparing to deal with whatever crappy movie Connor had picked out.

This seems so old-fashioned. SummonerMan thought. I mean, not just watching movies, but this whole family time thing.

Well, at least she's not some recluse who doesn't have friends and family. he thought, laying back and closing his eyes. It gets her off my back for the next few hours.