Chris' Corner Cafe of Coffeeness

"Ahh, ElecTown, the city of lights," Chris said, strolling down the bustling street of people doing their Christmas shopping and not caring whether or not he meant Paris or ElecTown.

"Now, then, where the hell's the map my buddy emailed me..." the teenaged Executive muttered, leaning against a street light and taking out his PET, fiddling around with it. "Ahh, there we go. So, I just take two right turns and a left from where I am," he exclaimed. "Coffee, here I come!"

Finally, Chris arrived at the cafe. It was a warm, steamy little place, full of couples holding hands, kissing, just doing couple stuff. He felt a little unconfortable, being the only single person there, but the thoughts were quickly banished once he got a whiff of the coffees. "Holy shit, this stuff smells awesome!" Chris thought.

Eventually, he reached the counter. He ordered two of their largest coffees with shots of espresso, cream, and sugar, and sat down at one of the tables.

While Chris waited, he started to get uncomfortable. "Ugh. Binary, I'm jacking you into the Net; we're going on a busting spree," he groaned, under pressure of the many happy couples. He found a public terminal and sent Binary in, then went back to his PET. He started fiddling around with the Process Upgrades he'd bought, hoping to give Binary something to work with.
"Hooooleeeeey SHIT!" Chris said, jolting up from where he'd apparently fallen asleep. A few assorted couples gave him withering glares, but he didn't really care. "Binary, where are you? How's Red? Is Beatnik dead? What the hell's going on?"

A bystander sitting a ways away from Chris said, "Dude, what the hell are you talking about? You've only been in jacked in for a couple seconds."

Chris just stared, totally confused. "...What?" he asked. He looked at his PET screen, and sure enough, Binary was facing off against a group of Cactys. "Alright, this is really weird," he said to himself.

Then a couple different notices appeared on the screen. One for new chip data - please insert blank chip yadda yadda yadda, and one for e-mail data. Chris smiled upon seeing these; it hadn't been a dream after all. He smiled, then got to assisting Binary.
After paying his surprisingly small bill for the coffees (considering Chris had almost been perpetually guzzling the hot, bitter, delicious blackness during the 'timeskip'), Chris said, "Alright, guess I'm meeting someone new." After making sure he'd packed everything he needed, he exited the small cafe and boarded the Metro, letting the bullet train whiz him out of the busy district of ElecTown.