The Upgrade

"... I don't know about this," a white NormalNavi worried aloud. "What if the data corrupts me? This hasn't ever been tested before."
"Don't worry," his NetOp - a tall, red-headed teenager with a yellow coat - replied to his navi in his PET. "My inventions have yet to go wrong. Besides, I am in my house in my room. If anything goes wrong, my parents can help."
"True... I trust you with my life, master," was the Navi's calm reply
"I am not your master, just your NetOp."
"Sorry, Ray Shade, sir. Upload the program."
When the navi received the data from Ray, things seemed to go haywire. His head and left arm caught fire, and mysterious data was forming into a vaguely weapon-shaped item. Suddenly, the fire subsided, revealing a skeletal arm and head. In this "new" navi's hand, the strange data formed into a triple-bladed scythe.
"Congratulations... ScytheMan," Ray said to his transformed navi. "Ready to test your new abilities?"
"...but I just transformed. Strange... I feel ready for my training, even after such a strange change. Jack me in!"
Ray runs over to his computer, and jacks into it.
(Going to ElecTown net)
After jacking out of the ElecTown Net, Ray Shade quickly ran to the station to go to ACDC Town. "The enemies there should be easier to beat, and there's probably something to do there," Ray told his navi.
(Leaving area to ACDC Town)