Workplace, the Second Home

That was her 6th cup of coffee.

But hey, she was the only one in the office willing to stay back, even during the weekends. Damn it all on not having a home life and living alone. Clocking at 36 hours without sleep or more, Cara was ready to pull out her lighter and set the whole electronics workshop on fire and go home to sleep... if not for the stupid troubleshooting that she had to do.

While she did not major in networking, she did understand that simply everything today was wired to the cyberworld. And with that came her designs for her Navigators, all of which she was proud of... except for the new one that she had just created.

Kirlian. What will she ever do with him? With her earlier batch of Navigators all well-trained and assigned to other more competent Operators, she was left with, well, Kirlian. Somehow, this particular Navigator did not meet up to her expectations... as if he was flawed and something went wrong during the designing stage. Being the perfectionist she was, however, Cara was ready to troubleshoot both SciLab's hardware and software issues with the help of... Kirlian, and hopefully be able to get the Navigator on par with his predecessors.

"... T-too much caffeine is bad for health," a voice suddenly advised her, much to her irritation. She slammed the table once, making the PET-- and the Navigator inside it-- jump. "I don't need you to tell me that. Report on the progress," Cara said unceremoniously, her eyes glued to the schematic diagrams spread out before her. Kirlian gulped audibly before making his report. "I-I'm ready to investigate into the air conditioning network, a-and I have secured a network link," said Kirlian, sporting the voice and appearance of a young man. Truth was, he was nothing but a fresh new Navigator right out of the baking ovens.

"So what are you waiting for?"
"I am... uh... waiting for your instructions, ma'am."
"Initiatives, Kirlian. Don't be a dumb AI and just stand there awaiting orders. I expect you to make logical recommendations and solutions. So what is the appropriate response here?"
"Yes ma'am..."
"Incorrect. Try again."

Kirlian sighed before making another attempt. "Umm, should I jack in to aid in your troubleshooting, ma'am?"

Cara nodded and gave the green light; and Kirlian sent himself into the air conditioning network.

[[Jack In]]
As Kirlian made his way towards the door and hitting himself in embarrassment, someone else in the real world entered through a door to Cara's workshop department. "Now this's a mess. My station's much tidier than this," the man's deep voice muttered as he sifted through the electronics parts and equipment workshop, arriving to stand lazily next to Cara's workstation, a strong hand placed on it, balancing the man's weight.

"How many cups are you running on, now?" he noted, taking the mug away from Cara before she could retort. "Leave me alone," she snorted, watching as Kirlian was beaten by Temir in solving the thermostat issue. Looking ready to screech at Kirlian for his failures, Cara was abruptly cut off as the man abruptly hit the 'Mute' button. "What the fuck are you doing, Tremblay?" she hissed threateningly, looking ready to punch her co-worker's face in. "I'm here to tell you the boss's approved your leave. I'll drive you home," he said, folding his arms now as he sat on the desk, facing Cara. He didn't look like he was ready to take no for an answer. Being well-rested, younger and burlier was giving Adrian Rogers Tremblay all the advantage he needed to 'convince' Cara to go home.

"I don't remember putting in an app for any kind of leave," Cara scoffed, a hand reaching to unmute as Kirlian jacked out of the network then, appearing as a tiny hologram on the workstation along with Temir. "Seen 'tis coming," Temir noted with amusement, opening a holographic window in front of Cara for her inspection. "Art took the liberty to apply it for you, see," she added. Tremblay looked rather uncomfortable at the nickname he was given, standing and grabbing Cara by the upper arm, picked up her PET, and was practically dragging her out of the office.

Kirlian stared at the way Tremblay handled the situation, and couldn't help but to stare jaw-dropped in awe and inspiration. ... He soon realised that he needed to be back in the PET, if not, Cara would leave him at the office. Kirlian quickly transferred himself back into the PET, with Temir waving goodbye before disappearing.

[[Later: To Yoka]]