In Scilabs

Shigeru stretched, heading into the shop.
Getting off the metroline, and getting a MondoDog, Shigeru jacked Voltman in to look for viruses.
Looking at his zenny count, Shigeru smiled, and seeing the poster on the window of Suitachi's shop, started laughing out loud. A new process upgrade system was available, and he was refunding all the old ones. Heading in, he was already planning to spend it.
Arriving back with Voltman once more, his zenny count considerably lower, he redconnected. Luckily for him, his navi hadn't gotten in too much trouble yet.
Shigeru had barely jacked Voltman out, and had removed the contents of the Nameless' gift bag when a message suddenly flashed on his PET screen, jacking Voltman into the net.

-One long event later-

Voltman came back into the PET, slightly confused after the quick transfer from the Rogue Net. Looking at Shigeru only briefly, the navi entered sleep mode for a well deserved rest, while Shigeru headed into the Navi Shop for yet another batch of upgrades.
Shigeru rubbed his head as he walked out of the store, installing Voltman's new upgrades, before sending him into the net.
Voltman appeared in the PET with a crash, falling to one knee.
Yeah, it's a good thing we got out when we did. I practically collapsed right before you used the subchip, Shig. Something damaged in the back of my armor, I think.
Shigeru rotated the view of his navi, zooming into the armor on his back. Running a quick scan, he saw areas of damage below the armor, near the shoulders.
Not from Mental, it appears, but from that Powercannon program advance you pulled. I'm going to put you in sleep for a while while the treatment program runs. Voltman nodded, before disappearing from view into the unknown depths of the PET. Meanwhile, Shigeru, pulling up their zenny total from after the spoils of war had been added, grinned and headed into the shop.
Arriving back at the small plaza where civilians could jack in at will, complete with padded chairs and a strong wireless signal, Shigeru waited a moment before jacking Voltman into the Net to give him a small debrief on what had happened while he had been recovering.

Another speed upgrade? Voltman pulled up the window regarding recent installs, and surely enough, there it was. The last one we'll be getting. Installing any more than three would be dangerous, in any case. But just remember: even though you're even more dangerous, now, you can't act recklessly, or we'll lose. Shigeru looked back at the screen, expecting to see Voltman standing there, but only saw the empty PET, and the small notification "Jack In Successful."
Damn it, Voltman...
A moment later, and Voltman was back in the PET. Shigeru placed the cash into the PET's storage memory. Good work. But... we're going to need a bit more if we want to get you to full power. Voltman nodded and, having been healed by the Mr. Progs in the PET, went back to the net.
Shigeru sighed. It seemed like recently, every trip to the net ended after shorter amounts of time. One of these days, he and Voltman had to just tear through one of the net areas, see how deep into the net they could go before having to quit.

He was startled out of his thought by two small notifications on the PET screen. He opened the messages, seeing just what was going on. First, off, a stock update. 2000 zenny from maturing funds? Sweet. The second was a BBS notification. The Colosseum event was almost ready to go. He grinned, and glanced at his zenny count once more. If he and Voltman got a bit more zenny, he might be able to upgrade his processes further.
Brilliant.

So, not wanting to have to deal with another situation like Hades net, he sent Voltman to Yoka. Surely his navi wouldn't have much trouble with a location based around a hot spring.
Perfect, Voltman. We have enough zenny and more, now. Grabbing his PET when Voltman was finally transferred, he walked into the shop.
Shigeru walked back from the shop in the first time in what seemed like months, walking to a nearby cafe and jacking Voltman into the net.
Voltman arrived in the PET, sighing.
You know, Shigeru, even the toughest enemies in the net just aren't as challenging anymore... He noted, quickly organizing the new battlechips and zenny they'd gotten during the latest batch of virus busting.

Shigeru nodded in agreement, pulling up a small window on the PET. That is why we're going to be requesting a mission from the Mafia... Shigeru added, quieting at the note about the Mafia. Voltman shifted nervously from foot to foot.

They know what we're there for, right? I mean, Mental was insane, but at least he cared about his allies... can we really trust the rest of the mafia to act the same way? He pulled up small videos of The Dog tazering and hurting his allies.

Shigeru sighed. We can only hope. But at this point, we can't really just leave... they don't seem the kind to allow something like that. The email client let out a small beep as it activated.

So, what, the best we can do is do what they want, but our way? I suppose. I just don't want them having us do anything to harm civilians...

(LolrequestformissioninthePub)
Damn damn damn... take a harder mission... get a better reward... seemed like a good idea at the time. Shigeru put what battlechips he'd removed from his pack back into their proper locations, putting his PET in as well and walking to the nearest metroline station. He felt guilty about leaving Voltman alone, But if I'm caught, then we're both boned. Showing the bus driver his student I.D., Shigeru moved to the back. He stared out the window at the passing vehicles, the passing students.

Everyone had seemed to be more on edge since the Great Net War. It had ended as quickly as it had started, but even such a brief fight had left such a scar on the people. And thanks to the net, it wasn't just Electopia. Any major threat, at any time... the net didn't just make communication and purchases faster and easier. Emotions, news, rumors... they all spread like wildfi-

Shigeru's thoughts were interrupted as a police cruiser pulled up beside the bus at a stoplight. He turned away from looking out the window as innocuously as he could. It was just paranoia, he knew it was, but he didn't want to get spotted when he was potentially being traced. A youth across the aisle from Shigeru gave him a slight look, and looked out the window at what he had seen.

You're probably the most wound up person I've seen all day. Shigeru jumped at being addressed directly, having paid no attention to the youth moving to the seat behind him. See what I mean? What's the matter, just rob the police? He laughed, and Shigeru attempted to appear as nonchalant as he could. Evidently, it didn't work. Sorry, didn't mean to upset you. The youth extended a hand. The name's Archard

(See Here for more info)

(Continued Here)
Shigeru stepped off of the metro and looked around, as if expecting to see some sort of authorities all ready to arrest him. Letting out a sigh of relief despite the fact that he really could have expected no real trouble, he walked into Suitachi's with cash at the ready.