It was a pretty average morning in ACDC that greeted Aaron as he emerged from his house. However, today was different. He strolled down the sidewalk with as close to a spring in his step as he could pass off without looking incredibly weird. Hooked around his right index finger was the thumbgrip of his new PET, which he spun lazily around said finger. It was an Advanced model, granted, but that didn't really matter. Inside was his new Navi, risen from the ashes of his old one... whose fate would remain classified to anyone that wasn't Aaron or his father. The previous Navi hadn't had a personality installed anyway, so Aaron didn't feel too terrible about it. He would just learn from the experience and move on. In the process of doing so, Aaron stopped at a public phone booth and turned on the stark white device.

Ten seconds later, Aaron was greeted with the sight of pretty looking space background covering the entire screen of the PET. "...that's new. I didn't know PETs could have screen savers." He pressed a button on the PET, bringing up the main menu. "Nothing wrong here," he noted before backing out again to the exact same starry vista. "Okay, that's not right. Is anyone in there?" he called out in a hushed voice, not wanting to shout so early in the morning. To his surprise, the stars on the screen were now rearranging themselves to spell something. YES, they finally showed. Aaron was understandably confused at this. He pondered for a moment before issuing another command. "Uh, could you back up a bit?" he queried whatever was inside the screen. The aforementioned whatever complied immediately, and Aaron realized what he'd been looking at was his new Navi's head. He smiled as he surveyed the rest of the Navi's body. "Cool," he said finally, giving his Navi a thumbs up. "You're perfect. Now, introductions... I'm your new operator, Aaron Veneman. What's your name?" The Navi was still for a moment, then suddenly a speaker shot out of its head-portal. A tinny, synthesized voice emanated from it. "DESIGNATION: CHAOS.EXE. A PLEASURE TO MAKE YOUR ACQUAINTANCE." Aaron was not quite sure how to respond to this at first, but defaulted to just laughing. "That's one way to greet someone," Aaron said through a smile. "Do you not have a voice of your own?"

Chaos placed a hand at the base of its portal, as a human would stroke their chin. Aaron suddenly had an idea of Chaos's most recent company. Stars shifted inside the Navi's portal until an explanation was visible. NO MOUTH PRESENT. NO VOICE AVAILABLE. I WAS INSTRUCTED BY JAMES TO ALWAYS GREET OTHERS VERBALLY. Uh huh, Aaron thought. Chaos must've been "educated" by his father before being handed over. "Well that's alright, Chaos. I'm sure we can make due with other methods. But most importantly... you're aware of what virus busting is?" Aaron looked so giddy, it was easy to tell that this was what he'd been waiting to ask. AFFIRMATIVE, the stars displayed.

"In that case, we'll get right to it!" Aaron exclaimed, drawing an odd look from a dog-walker passing the booth. Sheepishly, Aaron lowered his voice as he pointed the PET at the phone's port. "Jack in, Chaos! Execute!"

((Entering ACDC Net))