Home Ergo-nomics

A sweet breeze rolled and frolicked among the grass and trees of a upper-middle class suburb nestled between the "bustling" center of ACDC town and the city's limits. The neighborhood appeared to be relatively new. The houses weren't exactly carbon copies of one another, but a high level of similarity was visible if one took the time to look at them. A cat trotted across the street, stopping in the middle to look around and smell the air before continuing on its way. A pair of headlight turned at the end of the street, gently cruising atop the asphalt until it reached a house about midway down the lane. Nik stepped out of the taxi cab, pulling some money out of his wallet and handing it to the driver before meandering up to the door of the building. Flipping through a ring of keys, he found the appropriate one and twisted it in the lock. A solid click sounded, and he entered the house.

"Ugh... the chase earlier today took more out of me than I realized..." He groaned, kicking off his shoes at the entrance before stepping into the main of the house. A stairway a little ways in led to an upper level of the house, where a comfortable bed awaited him. He stumbled to the foot of the stairs and looked up, glaring at them before making a left and entering a room marked "Office". He set Ergo's PET on a stand next to a rather sophisticated looking computer before trundling over to an old, beat up leather couch, which he promptly threw himself upon. Using his coat as a blanket, he muttered a quick "Good night" to Ergo, which the Navi returned in kind. The couch was the epitome of office ergonomics in its day, and, though old and ratty, managed to do its job well enough that Nik was out within minutes.
"So, what's on the agenda for today?" Nik blearily asked, a beam of light filtering through the blackout curtains hanging from a window in the office striking him in the face moments before and forcing him to pull out of the enthralling embrace of sleep.

"Well, we haven't gotten any calls today. It looks like the day is pretty much in the air." A freshly rejuvenated Ergo responded. He wandered across Nik's desktop, interlacing bare fingers behind his head. While he wasn't on a mission or doing stuff on the 'Net, he usually left the gauntlets and boots in a pile on the computer, and right now he was relishing the effect the computers cool "air" was having on the damaged receptors in his arms and legs.

"Hmm... in that case, I have a few things I want to take care of today. You feel up to coming along?" Nik said, throwing on a fresh pair of clothes from a chest of drawers he kept in the office for just such occasions as last night.

"Sure," Ergo responded, going throw his own dressing actions and snapping the locks on his gauntlets as he talked. Nik detached the PET from its base, Ergo blinking out of existence on the computer screen and appearing on the PET's window. The pair left the house and headed for a nearby Metroline entrance, hopping aboard the train bound for the Sci Labs.