Working hard....ly

The office was quiet, aside from the soothing sound of the cooling. And the occasional snore of a young lad who is laying head first into the keyboard.

-Wake up! Sieg, ya hear me? Wake up you slacker!

No response....

-WAKE UP ALREADY!

Installing the external speakers into this old PET might have been a bad idea after all... How can the owners of the newer types (which already have built in speakers) ever get some sleep?

- Wha, is it morning?

Sieg yawned and looked around; it was still dark , but he could see the sun slowly rising at the horizon. He liked night-shift; he rarely got a call, so he could just surf and sleep while working.

-It has been for quite some time now... your shift is almost over and you STILL haven't logged me in! I want to kick some virus butt!

- Just leave me...

That said, Sieg pulled the cord of his PET and jacked in to the office PC.

- Valkyrie, exec... *snore*

-Good to know I can count on you...
Night shift was good, as Sieg could sleep as much as he wanted. However, the office computer didn't contain anything interesting, so there wasn't anything to do besides sleeping. It seems that they DO contain viruses, but that seemed impossible because the links are disabled... Well, next time he can send Val for some virus busting.

But for now, he plugged out the pet and started packing. His shift was over, it was time to go. He stepped out of the office, into the embracing arms of nature... pity it was raining.

-Where to now?

-I'll get some food first, then I'll head to the metro station... I'll decide where to drift from there.
Sieg arrived infront of his workplace an hour early. The links are disabled from the office computer, so he searched for a phone he could jack into. He found one quickly and sent Valkyrie directly into the netsquare of ACDC.

- We will post up some trade requests and look around the BBS.

- Got it. I wanna get rid of these gun chips as soon as possible
Sieg was busy busting, when one of his older co-workers stepped to him. The boy didn't even notice his presence until he asked if he could use the phone.
"Hello to you too...", Sieg mumbled. There was a mutual disrespect between the two; the guy simply thought of him as a little grunt, while Sieg was sure that even the people that called in the middle of the night had more talent in IT than that old looser...

However, it seemed that there was something serious going on this time. The geezer explained that the office comps are clogged up with viruses. There were various malfunctions all day, and they just simply aren't able to do anything by now. It seems they will need the help of Officials, but they can only schedule them one week from now.

That was bad news for Sieg. If the office gets closed, where will he sleep? Where will he earn enough for his daily needs?

No, this can't go on like this, he decided. Swallowing his pride, he put up a BBS, then engaged his own navi, attempting to get rid of the infection as soon as possible.
- Heh.. done.

Not just that they've finished wiping the servers clean, Valkyrie and Sieg earned a hefty sum of money. He was about to walk away from the office when someone pulled him back, saying that now that he finished cleaning up, he might as well stay and finish his work.

- Call someone to fix the damage. I've only deleted the virii. Should be done by tomorrow if you hurry up...

Finished for today, Sieg packed up and headed out for Scilabs to spend his earnings.