Pome's Homepage

The rightward room appeared to be a guest room; perhaps she was rooming with someone! If she was, though, it didn't seem like they'd been there recently. The bed was still freshly made, not perfect, but far too undisturbed for anyone to have been there recently. A miniature computer console sat open on a small desk. Besides that, there was also a drawer over to the right that Red could search.

A door at the far end of the room opened up into a tiled bathroom.

Red heard some voices arguing down below the floor... they seemed to both belong to PartnerMan. It reminded her that he'd said they needed to be quick with the investigation... A surprising amount of time had already passed. No doubt they'd be back up soon.

Areas available:
>Bathroom
>Go back into hall

Investigation targets:
>Bed
>Drawers
>Console
Red approached the most obvious items she needed to check first. Whatever PartnerMan found they could both confirm later anyway.

"Hmhmhm~ What's in here~?" Red wondered, shifting through the drawers quickly before closing them.

"Hm, maybe this console knows where Pome went. Take your time with it," Shin advised, Red giving a serious salute as she sat in front of the computer console, turned it on, and started going through its contents for any clue of what happened to Pome.

Turn summary:
3. Investigate Drawers
4-6. Investigate Console.
A cursory inspection of the drawers revealed that they were all empty. Moving on, Red decided to check out the uninhabited-seeming room's flickering miniature view-screen.

Red found a wealth of information in the form of journals, pictures, and personal data regarding a navi named Cherry. Searching all of the information would take too long, so Red focused on one particular entry: a journal entry, dated for the night before:

Cherry's Journal, XX/XX/XXXX

Tonight was fantastic, as always. The two of us are accepting that party invitation and headed out tonight. I think it's going to be super kinky and very sexy~

Let's leave enough time to get dressed up. The boxes are both upstairs under the bed; we got one of them really messy, but the club sent us a replacement, so it's all cool. I'm not sure why everyone's supposed to wear those costumes, but Pome looks great in hers.

I'm sure there'll be a lot more to tell tomorrow!

-Cherry

It definitely seemed like a woman's writing... Further confirming this point, Red found a photograph of a female, Netopian navi with gleaming green eyes and vibrant red hair done into two miniature pigtails. Her smile was just as flirtatious as her writing.

Areas available:
>Bathroom
>Go back into hall

Investigation targets:
>Bed
xDrawers
xConsole
"Ooooh! They went out for a party! Let's make a copy of this memo for future evidence!" Red suggested, sending the a copy of the writing and the picture of Cherry to Shin's PeT.

"Good idea, well, guess you can g-"

"Check on the boxes!" Red finished, rushing up the stairs and searching until she found a bed. Giggling like a madman, the crimson crusader dove under the target object before pulling out the boxes she might've located.

"Here we go~" Red grinned, opening them up to reveal...

Turn Summary:
1. Copy diary entry and picture as [DiaryEntry.txt and Cherry.jpg] and store as Key Items.
2-6. Run upstairs, find bed, grab boxes from underneath?, inspect thoroughly.
Red copied the memo as evidence, then rocketed upstairs to sniff out the new trail she'd picked up. If she'd been less informed, the scene in Pome's bedroom at the top of the staircase would horrify her: the giant, circular, bed was absolutely soaked in red liquid. It looked like, judging by a tossed aside pillow, the spread had once been white, but it was now denched a deep red. The scent of pomegranates and cherries lingered in the air. What could Pome have been doing in her bed with a bunch of pomegranate and cherry juice? Who could possibly say?!

Regardless, Red's search ended fruitfully (ha) as she recovered the boxes from beneath the bed. All three had been opened, but one still held a rumpled outfit inside. A red hand-print on the outfit showed that someone had sloppily pressed their juice-covered mitts onto it during... whatever it was that person had been doing up here with all of the fruit. An envelope sat in each of the boxes; all but the third had already had their contents removed and taken elsewhere. The third was still unopened. Perhaps Red ought to take a look? Even if it was a personal letter to Pome, it'd probably help in the investigation.

Red heard PartnerMan's voice(s) downstairs as her ally ascended into the main hall. She probably ought to wrap up her end of the investigation.

Areas available:
>Pome's Bathroom
>Go back into lower hall

Investigation targets:
xBed
>Drawers
>Envelope
"Uh...." Red blinked, wondering what in the world all this juice was about. Shin simply covered his face in his hands and groaned.

"What are you moaning about???"

"Nothing, just, take the letter and go," Shin sighed, not wanting to really corrupt his navi's mind in any case.

"You're weird! Okay let's see~" Red mused, taking the letter and making sure to read through it while traveling down the stairs.

1-3. Read Envelope while going downstairs.
Red threw the personal property rulebook out the window and simply opened Pome's sealed letter to read the contents for herself. Inside was an invitation, seemingly copied to many recipients, a theory easily supported by the fact that Pome's name had been written inside a blank. The message was written in black ink on paper with a fancy rose print around the borders:

Quote ()

--GIRL'S NIGHT--

Across Net
Across Faction
Across Belief

A Night For Working Women to Enjoy the Company of One Another.

Join us, Pome.EXE            .

With this Garment, You Shed Yourself
And Together We'll Enjoy the Night.

Snapping Red out of the mysterious tone that the letter had set, PartnerMan announced his presence by bumping into the wall as he turned to face her. His build was significantly unweildy for the hallway, such that every time he changed his orientation, he risked smacking his other self into the decor. "Hello, Red! My friend here's incapacitated at the moment; he thinks he got drunk off of wine and passed out, but I'm pretty sure that was just pomegranate juice... Anyways! We'd like a full report of everything you've located so far, if that's alright," the steely robot man requested.
"Oh! Well it seems officer Pome has a roommate and they went out to a party last night as evidenced in this journal entry!" Red started, showing PartnerMan the copy of the diary entry she had made and the invitation she just read off of.

"It doesn't really list a location though.... but they haven't returned from it last night.... maybe they got uh... what's the word?" Red mused, thinking hard.

"Incapacitated," Shin offered helpfully.

"Yeah! That! They had too much to drink like your partner!" Red proclaimed proudly. "I also have a picture of the roommate!" Red added, unabashed as she showed the copy of the picture of who was assumed to be Cherry.EXE.

[Present DiaryEntry.txt, Invitation Letter, and Cherry.jpg]
"What? An overnight party? That sounds a little weird for Pome... Her profile says she's a pretty hard worker," PartnerMan speculated, taking the documents with interest. "And she has a roommate too? Wow! I live with this guy all the time and gee, sometimes a guy would really prefer some privacy and solitude! I'd think she'd live alone... this whole house is really kind of weird for her based on her profile, actually."

PartnerMan strained his glasses-brow, trying to put everything together the details while flipping through documentation. "Huh! ...Oh!... What?! Wow, sounds like Pome plays for the other-" he started with surprise, then quieted himself as he remembered who he was speaking with. Coughing into one fist, he decided to withhold that conclusion. "Er, it sounds to me like we've been worried over nothing! Pome's just attending an all-girl s-s-seeeeeeh... slumber party! "

"Well then, I'd say Investigations has done its part here! We've got enough details to pursue a lead on both Pome and her previously unknown roommate. Of course, a team from Investigations is going to need to head out there themselves and retrieve her; doesn't matter what she's doing, she shouldn't have gone off doing it without alerting someone of her absence. I think we can locate it and, even if it's a little messy, the outfit you recovered will give us a way to sneak somebody in... to the slumber party, I mean," he explained. "So, you've done your duty! Allow me to put a word through to HQ, they'll set up your reward. Fine work as always!"

An open and shut case. How rare!
Shin was snorting in the background but Red didn't really get it.

"Okay! That's it then, right? Good work officer PartnerMan!" Red saluted her fellow officer, before exiting the house.

She decided it was time for a nap, and with a beam of light she headed out.

"Hey! What about the report!?"

"I'll leave that to you~"

"..."

-JACK OUT-