Beowulf Parady/Sattire Type Thing

Quote ()

The Revenge of Grendel's Father: Supreme Court Edition

Grendel's mother's lair.....

Grendel's father: Honey I'm home. (Sees Grendel and his mother's headless bodies, looks up at the ceiling and cries out) NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Scene fades out

At Beowulf's castle, everyone is partying and drinking.

Beowulf: Bwa ha ha! I am so great!

Guests: Three cheers for the man who slayed Grendel! Three Cheers for the man who killed his mother!

Servant: (strolls in with a piece of paper) Sir, you've just received a summons from the United States Supreme Court.

Beowulf: Supreme Court? United States? A summons? What are these strange things you speak of?

Servant: The United States is a foreign country. The Supreme Court is one of the highest forms of law. A summons is a command to appear in court. Apparently Grendel's father is suing you for killing his wife and son.

Beowulf: Well, I shall simply not show up. I've never heard of this country, so they can't be that great.

Servant: Uh, sir? This country has what people refer to as "the bombs".

Beowulf: The bombs?

Servant: Yes, sir, the bombs. Legend has it that just one of these could reduce the whole kingdom to rubble. Perhaps you should go, for the people's sake.

Beowulf: Well, I suppose. After all, these accusations are preposterous. And no one would convict me after hearing about how great I am.

Later, at the Supreme Court building...

Judge: This court will now come to order. We will begin the case of Steve vs. Beowulf.

Beowulf: Steve? Your name is Steve? Bwa ha ha!

Judge: Order in the Court! Mr. Beowulf, perhaps you do not realize how serious the charges against you are.

Beowulf: So what? I killed two bloodthirsty monsters who were slaughtering the innocent. I don't see what the big deal is. Besides, I'm so great, it shouldn't really matter.

Steve: Great, are you? So, Mr. Beowulf, according to you, all it takes to make a man great is to kill... (dramatic pause) a seven-year-old and his grieving mother?

Court: (gasps)

Beowulf: What? Seven? But he was killing countless people. I was just trying to avenge them and prevent any more deaths.

Steve: Oh, and what of my wife? She was also trying to avenge someone and keep our neighbors safe from anymore more of your "purges".

Court: (mutters agreement)

Steve: Would you kill a child just because he was out hunting for food?

Beowulf: You're calling people food? At least what we eat isn't intelligent.

Steve:  Oh really. So when a fish gets caught on a fishing hook it just grows still and waits to be pulled in? And when you're pointing an arrow at a deer, it just stands there and waits for you to line up your shot? Because I'm sure they would if they're not intelligent. (pauses for a moment) That will be all, your honor.

Court: (mutters various comments)

Judge: All right then, you may both make your closing statements.

Beowulf: Um, ok. Side with me because I'm great and I'm so much better than you... especially you Steve.

Steve: Ahem. Now, I'm a man who just lost everything, and I implore the court to bring the one responsible to justice. I know that there is no way for him to make up for what he's done, but I want him to try anyway and have him feel a little bit of the pain that I feel now. So please, I ask that you show this arrogant buffoon the agony of defeat and try to teach him the error of his ways. Thank you.

Judge: The justices will now confer in private. We ask that you meet back here in one hour for the verdict.

An hour later...

Judge: We have now come to a verdict. We find the defendant, Beowulf... guilty on the charge of murder.

Beowulf: (inner thoughts) I... I lost. I don't believe it. How could one as great as me lose...and to a guy name Steve? Oh well. It's not that big a deal. They will make me pay a fee... probably a small one. After all, this country doesn't even have a proper king. Any amount would seem large to them.

Judge: Beowulf will now pay Steve the sum of 1.4 million dollars.

Beowulf: (blank stare) Uh...

Servant: Uh, sir in our currency that would be (whispers amount in ear)

Beowulf: WHAT!!!

Servant #2: Oh boy, the taxpayers sure aren't going to like this.

THE END!!!

Something I did for 11th grade English and has been sitting in my computer's memory for the past year. I think I got a pretty good grade on it, too. Yes, this is what makes a passing grade in an American advanced English class. Pretty sad, ain't it?
Personally, as a man who enjoys comedy, I love it. Not only is this really funny to insert modern-day stuff but the fact that there's philosophical issues in that play as well, by that I mean the whole right to kill section. Yes I know I am a dork . ..
I made a trading card game for Beowulf in 7th grade...
<_<
>_>