Bacterial, The Game

Hey, I'm just going by how he worded it in the first post. And anyways, strains of bacteria can inherit traits from other things, can't they? Or maybe I'm thinking something else. I haven't taken biology since my sophomore year of high school, and I can't say I was a fan then either.

Genetic mutation with Gamma rays option :D?

Quote (Leon)

Might I inquire as to how you decide who the parents are? Just who is closest, or are other factors like color, size, age, etc. taken into account?

Also, what are the max stats for size and mutation?

Lastly, suggestions:
Add in a counter for how many bacteria you have and have killed.
Add in some tools... like maybe something to feed a specific bacteria or something?
Lastly, a brush circle for the shift left click, so you know where you're erasing for sure.

Yeah, it's true. Asexual, no parents.

There is no max for size. But, there is a max for how fast they get food. So, at one point, they die due to hunger too fast to sustain any larger size.

at 30% mutation they die due to instability (and the fact that if I allowed over 30% mutation, that 30% would increase itself at light speed and crash your computer)

1. Bacteria kills counter is possible.
2. Nope, this game will have NO micromanagement tools except kill. I think it would ruin the point of the game, namely natural selection and evolution.
3. already added in my version.

also, I'm now working on a completely new DNA system, which will be vastly better. (although a little more CPU heavy, we might not be able to have 10 000 bacteria anymore D:, but I'll try to optimize the game some too)

Quote (Leon)

Hey, I'm just going by how he worded it in the first post. And anyways, strains of bacteria can inherit traits from other things, can't they? Or maybe I'm thinking something else. I haven't taken biology since my sophomore year of high school, and I can't say I was a fan then either.

Genetic mutation with Gamma rays option :D?

I might add a radioactive area on the map maybe. (which increase mutation)
Lulz. I made a bunch of little bastards. I still want my macro-bacterium.

Quote (Leon)

And anyways, strains of bacteria can inherit traits from other things, can't they?

I'm telling you thats a kickass thing Kimmie XD

Yes, certain bacteria can inherit some traits from each other, most notably, their immunity to antibiotics. However, that is not playing part in the game >>;;
Whoo! Success(ish)!
I'm starting to regret adding the :3 mod. >>
The power of the :3 shall prevail.

Unless you'd rather make a top hat, monocole, and jeweled scepter thing mod. Then the power of said triad would prevail.
Okay guys, I figured out how to make a screensaver out of it. I'll do it alongside the new version.
Pokes topic with a stick.

Is there a new version, perhaps~? Or did it fall to the wayside to other cool projects/life?