Cinematic effects?

This kinda crossed my mind a few minutes ago, and I wanna get this checked over...

Okay, say SwordNavi is going against the NPC SwordBoss. In SwordNavi's post, he decides to have his Navi parry a sword attack, but doesn't want to use an action or actually want to damage SwordBoss, to add flavour to his post. Or, as a different example, he has SwordNavi aim a slash towards SwordBoss which he sidesteps easily (note that the sidestep dodge would be posted in SwordNavi's post, not a mod post)

My question is this. Non-action actions like these for cinematic effects. Are they allowed?
I had actually thought of the same thing and was going to ask as well. Also wanted to ask, are formophores allowed, and if so just in the Net World or in the Real World to?
First off: What's a formophore?

Secondly, Nale: The verdict might vary from mod to mod, and we reserve the right to smack you down at any time if you're pushing common sense. I'd be alright with it, to a point; I mean, come on, talking doesn't take actions. However, uttering a sentence or two takes much longer that it does to swing a sword.

Don't take my word as a green light, though. Other members might have a lot mroe insight into this than I do.
I dont think it would be a problem. All you need to remember is:

A: Mods vary

B: Dont use it ALL the time, EVERY OTHER BATTLE

B2: Don't use it EVERY boss battle

C: Dont do anything such as Makeu p a special attack, or possibly waste a chip. This needs to be small, powerless attacks. Things that do neglible damage.

Quote (Gearpunk)

First off: What's a formophore?

A formophore is an artistic apearance to sugest action, a PAP bust in a Manga when a person's slaming down their foot to turn quickly for example, or to express emotions or ideas in an overblown manner, such as giant lumps, litteral streams of tears, that little sheen when Brauven thumbs up, or bursting out in full body sweat with a tiny face when nervous (like in FMA). There are endless variations, from smoke from the impact of a kick that knocks sombody of the ground, to blured motion lines for fighting moves, to pop-up props in the background to emphesize sombody's idea or viewpoint, ect. What is important to remember is that THE FORMOPHORE IS NOT THE ACTION OR EMOTION/IDEA ITSELF BUT THE VISUAL THAT ACOMPANIES IT.
I see, so that's what they're called.
Man, I feel like an old man now.

Quote (RevivedSin)

I see, so that's what they're called.
Man, I feel like an old man now.

It's latin, fromophore literaly means 'image of representation'.
I thought those were called emotes....

Quote (commondragon)

I thought those were called emotes....

No, emotes are a modern concept created by the internet. You don't just see this stuff in manga afterall. Any symbolic representation such as Jesus's halo is technically a formophore since it's an image that represents the idea of his holy purity.
Bumping for answers.
Need a verdict on formophores.