Gathering Zenny for Travis

Before the Killereye can even think of blasting through the web and hitting their offender, Traceur smacks one square into the other, deleting them both in one move. As the Shurbbies continue to dance around in panic, the navi moves in and waiting for just the right moment, fires a shot that takes both out. Three of the Armadills roll forward, only one of them toward Traceur. Two of them turn around during their maneuver, the other misses and gets hit by some sort of electric attack.

ArmadillA: 100
ArmadillB: 60
ArmadillC: 100
ArmadillD: 100
ShrubbyA: DELETED!
ShrubbyB: DELETED!
KillereyeA: DELETED!
KillereyeB: DELETED!

Terrain: 100% Grass

Traceur: 85 (busted arm)
"Arright, gonna beat you bastards into a pulp right about now," Traceur commented lightly, his smiling facade not revealing how worried he was about now. "Well, then. I'll probably ask for a cannon a bit, but for now, I just need to kick the crap out of them, right Jo?"

"Yeah, they're just footballs that curl up in order to be that way, right?" Joanne replied, slowly climbing down the side of the building, reaching for the building sill to hang off of before dropping down to the next floor's porch area. There was an 'oof' sound as she hit the ground somewhat roughly before rolling to her feet.

"I guess so," Traceur said wryly, looking at the armadills in a new light. Perhaps kicking one at its allies would set off a chain reaction. He pondered the thought, but kept in mind that football was not billiards. He'd probably not get that chance, but at least he could possibly hit one with the other.

"Hmm, I think I'll have to head for the one that's wounded. I've probably got the best chance to take it down." Traceur dashed at the wounded armadill, winding up his foot and taking a shot at it to kick it up in the air. Not paying attention to whether the attack actually hit or not, he jumped into the air, whipping his foot at the spot where he had aimed for.

"Take this!" He yelled as he tumbled into the ground, hitting hands first as he planted one hand after the other, almost 'walking' for a second before twisting back into his upright position.

"I'll slot in these cannons for you-- when I'm not three stories up---" Joanne said as she dropped down another another floor, grabbing onto the edge. "Whew, nearly missed that one."

"Take it easy, I've got it all handled here," Traceur grinned, looking at the remaining viruses somewhat nervously. He shifted back and forth, ready for an attack on their part, he'd not be taken unaware this time around.

1] Rageclaw [ArmadillB: 40]
2] Rageclaw [ArmadillB at Armadill A: 20 to both]
3] Prepped dodge
Traceur beats the wounded Armadill once before smacking it off to the side. The heavy virus proves hard to move and Traceur can feel a bit of strain on his remaining arm. However, move it does and the one virus is deleted upon contact. The central Armadill makes a move on the navi but he evades the attack.

ArmadillA: 80
ArmadillB: DELETED!
ArmadillD: 100

"Alright, we've got two more of the buggers, after I finish this one up." Traceur commented as he went after the already wounded Armadill. This should have been a lot easier, but he had run out of the decent damage area of effect chips. "Anything else besides the cannons, Jo?"

"Whoa!" Joann fell from the second floor, hitting the ground with a distinct thud. She managed to break the fall with her legs and roll, so it hadn't been as bad as it could have been. "Uh, just a minute. Ow. Uh, no. Just two cannons are left."

"Sheesh. Not good. Uh, I guess I'll just have to use this rageclaw a bit more. As long as I use it carefully, it should be fine. I'd hate to be reduced to plinking away with my buster." Traceur grimaced, and sighed. This was certainly not looking as quick and easy as his first battle up. He'd have to really work to kill these viruses. It'd take quite a while to do as well.

"Alright, tell me when you want the cannon, Traceur. I'm going to go limp over to a chair and try to sit down. Maybe we'll have enough by the end of this battle. That'd be nice." Joanne groaned as she slowly got to her feet. Her arms ached just as much as her thighs from how she had fallen and rolled. Wasn't enough time to twist in midair and do it properly, she had had to improvise. It worked. But not very well.

"Alright. Let's get moving, you little footballs." Traceur lashed out a leg at one of the Armadills in a snap-kick motion, then leapt into the air. He shifted his stance, and brought his leg around in a roundhouse kick.

"I really hope this rageclaw in my leg doesn't break my leg as well. That'd be embarrassing to see, a one armed, one legged navi hopping around trying to kill viruses." Traceur chuckled softly, then drew his autorevolver, shaking out the previous casings. "I'll take a zapring now."

"Coming right-- oops." Joanne looked at the case of the battlechip, suddenly grateful it resembled a game cartridge rather than a disc. The casing was cracked. Probably from her fall. "Uh, here you go." She hurriedly inserted it, praying that it wouldn't damage the PET.

"Oops?" Traceur said suspiciously, reloading the single bullet. He took aim at the other two Armadills, readying himself to fire at any one that took a shining to trying to flatten him into the ground. "What do you mean, 'oops'?"

"Uh, absolutely nothing," Joanne commented, grinning nervously. "I'll tell you later."

"Huh..." Traceur replied, glancing at her before leveling his weapon at the armadill that hadn't quite rolled at him yet. The armadill that had missed him would probably spend its time recovering, so he could nail the one that was most likely to attack and take out the other armadill in good time. With that, he fired the electric bolt of energy from his weapon, smiling grimly.

1] Rageclaw ArmadillA [40]
2] Rageclaw ArmadillA [40]
3] Fire Zapring at ArmadillD [45 Elec+Stun1]
Traceur smacks around the hurt Aramdill a bit and manages to take the big boy down. He then fires a Zapring at the idle Armadill. Because of this, it is unable to attack and wastes time instead shaking off the ailment.

ArmadillA: DELETED!
ArmadillD: 55

"Only two left, only two left," Traceur muttered to himself as a mantra, cracking his neck once before looking long and hard at the two viruses remaining. One was out of commission for the time being, he could probably even use it as a projectile at the other one if he could simply position it right.

"I'll be using the rageclaw to finish up this mess," the navi spoke as he contradictorily leveled his autorevolver at the final two enemies, flipping it open and placing it halfway back into his holster. Traceur placed the single bullet he wanted inside, drawing it once more before flipping it closed. "I don't have any proper quips on me right now, maybe I'll plagiarize someone else's when I meet another navi."

The single shot rang out like a starting gun's blank as Traceur ran for the virus he had fired the shot at with surprising speed. His legs pounded into the ground, faster, faster until he finally leapt into the air. His legs separated, bending back at the knee while the other straightened and locked into position. Forward, at the armadill unfortunate to be in his way.

"I'd give it a seven," Joanne remarked in response to the attack as she hobbled into a bench, wincing as she sat. She glanced over to the fountain, where she was supposed to meet her brother-- and there he was, sitting there and checking his watch every thirty seconds or so. He got up and started pacing about that often as well. He hadn't seen her yet, so she slouched and made sure that he didn't see her properly at all.

"Whatever," Traceur replied as he sprung backward. His feet were still not used to the grassy ground, and he was tearing it up as he moved through it. It both gave him less and more traction simultaneously, which was inconvenient for compensating for sudden turns and speedy attacks. If only this was magnetic field, where the panels would give him incredible traction and speed while disabling other viruses to play the field as his perfect advantage. "Maybe I could make something like that..." He muttered, looking around.

1] Galvanic Charge: 40 Elec to Armadill D +Movement
*]Movement used to run at Armadill D
2] Rageclaw Armadill D at Armadill C
3] Prepped dodge
Traceur dashes at the Armadill and fires. He then finishes it off but chucking it into its buddy. Its now one on one and the remaining virus tries to roll over Traceur. The navi manages to avoid the attack, though.

ArmadillC: 80
ArmadillD: DELETED!

"Whew. Just you left now, and I can heal and get a move on." Traceur waved his stump of an arm, which ended above the elbow. He sighed, staring forlornly at it for a few moments. He wouldn't be trying that method again without some serious practice. Or a better way to do it.

"Need a hand?" Joanne quipped just to hear Traceur's drawn out groan. She raised the last chip, the cannon. The last ranged weapon of not-so-mass destruction they held to load in before the recovery period. "I've still got this one, just remember it."

"...Sure." Traceur responded, sighing. "Just give it to me after I'm done with this final one. I'll use it to repair my armor and what I can of the probable hairline fracture in my skull." He stepped forward, examining the last armadill. It was fairly intact, as could best be said for a construct of corrupt programming by some scum. However, the last attack had damaged it. "I gauge about two more kicks. Maybe an overhead smash'll do the job."

"Well then, you better get to it. I think Travis is looking over here." Joane slid further down in the bench, attempting to slide completely and totally out of sight. Then her curved spine came in contact with one of the tender spots from the fall. She straightened up like a ramrod, her expression that of firmly clenched teeth. "Ow, ow, ow."

"Joanne? Is that you?" The young man from the fountain called. He was dressed in a somber grey suit with a vague pair of sneakers on instead of loafers. Which weren't tied. He had apparently lost his cheap penny-loafers in his room somewhere, Joanne thought appraisingly. Mom wouldn't be happy. "I'm late for class, you know. I've got a pass because my other teacher knows about it, but I've really got to get going to Blowha- I mean, Professor Blanchard's class. Where's my money and Traceur? I've even prepared a little something so he can't stalk him in his spare time or something. I think it looks really cool, too."

"Uh, just a minute, Trav," Joanne said, concentrating suddenly on the battle.

"No, Joanne. I need the damn pet. Now. I can't get more another tardy on the list." Travis reached for the PET as Joanne inserted the Cannon.

"Wait, I've got chips I earned in there!" She exclaimed, grabbing back at the PET.

"Give- it!" Travis grunted, tugging at the PET. In a childish tug-of-war, the brother and sister pulled at the small machine, glaring at each other.

Meanwhile, Traceur made progress, attacking the Armadill with his feet in two sweeping motions before taking out the singular Cannon bullet out with a grin. He didn't care too much about the argument. Either way, he'd be running places. He preferred Jo, but the deal had been agreed to, and she was past her time limit.

Clenching his fist around the bullet, he hacked its programming, reversing the damage variables as best he could. The healing energy flooded into his system as he looked around the area.

Not much else, provided that attack had worked.

1] Rageclaw [40]
2] Rageclaw [40]
3] Conversion: Cannon: Heal [20] (Self)
((Excuse the dramatics))

Traceur and the Armadill glare each other down, the western wind blows through area, chilling each combatant. Their adrenaline fires up, enticing Lady Luck to cast the die.

One step, so the electric navi takes.

A cut, rending the exposed hide of the Armadill splashes data from three clean cuts across the virus' face. It bellows in frustration, but a curbstomp from Traceur produces a sickening sound, silencing the opponent.

Traceur reworks the Cannon chip's data and repairs his wounds.

The cold wind washes over the battlefield, nothing but the victor stands.

ArmadillC: DELETED
ArmadillD: DELETED!

Traceur: 100 (busted arm)

-VICTORY-
Get: Sensor1, 600z
Travis managed to yank the PET from Joanne's grasp as she realized the battle was over. "Thank-- you!" Travis said scornfully, catching the chips as they fell out. He looked over them for a moment before turning to see his money total, a resounding 3815 z.

"What. Where'd 1200 of my money go, Joanne?" Travis asked, a glare plain to see on his face.

"Uh, I uh-- I spent it for a couple chips, so that--- you could bust better with Traceur!" Joanne uttered, lying through her teeth.

"Uhuh." Travi's glare became significantly more squinty as he looked at her. "You owe me a biiiig favor, little sister. Stick around campus for a while."

"...Fine." Joanne glared at her brother, realizing that this was really her fault. She sighed slightly, starting to walk away.

"So you're Traceur, huh? Well, I hope you're not too much into fun, because we're going to a reaaal douchebag of a teacher, from what I hear. You were required material." Travis sighed, beginning to walk to class.

[Jack Out]