CrushMan - Guard Duty

The quiet was broken suddenly as he was thrown into the Netspace. He caught himself quickly before his spiked heels crashed into the ground beneath him. The Master hadn't spoken to CrushMan at all. He was having trouble keeping up with it all, what was... He stopped himself. That wasn't his concern. Follow the Master's orders. That's all that mattered.

"Alright CrushMan," came that familiar and welcome voice, "we're beggining the operation in Yoka. Charl said to meet him..." The MAster was oddly silent for a moment. "Here it is, the gate to the springs." CrushMan looked around him expectantly. While not certain exactly what a 'springs' was, he knew what a gate looked like. And there was nothing quite like that in sight. "We've never been before though. Damn, we should've scouted this place out ahead of times. No matter. We might get there in time. We were supposed to get there at..." Again, silence. "Damnation, did I forget to bring that?" CrushMan was confused. Moreso than earlier at least. "There shouldn't be a problem, in anyrate. Damn, I wish I would've brought those with me to the plane... No matter, no matter! We'll look for the gates. If we're late, well, we'll deal with that if it happens. Alright?"

CrushMan was ready. He'd heard enough to proceed. He was looking for the gates to find Charl, the rogue Navi. Would he bring this suit again this time? Would the Master ask him to destroy him again? There was certainly something exciting about fighting other Navis. Like the Sword Navi who defeated him...

Crush stomped off in a direction he deemed promising, though really one direction was a good a guess as another. Thinking about the Navi woke something up inside of him, something angry. He forced himself to remember that the Master's orders took top priority, though at that moment he wouldn't have hesitated to take his anger out on some weakling virus.

"We're not looking for a fight, not yet," the Master said, as if reading his thoughts. "Charl spoke of the place as if it were fairly common knowledge. I'm sure we'll find some kind of indication that we're headed the right way at least. Give it some time, my sword, we'll find it soon."
"So you're here."

Irregular steps heralded Bjorn's approach. It seemed he was still missing a leg; the irregular pattern of his steps actually came from the crutch he leaned over. Aside from this, though, almost everything about him had changed; Where once he had worn the ratty uniform of a hood, he was now dressed in ornate clothing, obviously influenced by dress of nobles at some point in England's past. The predominant color was red, trimmed in silver; leather riding boots with folded tops over red breeches, an elegant red coat with silver embroidery, with white lace at the collar and sleeves. An old rapier sat at his left hip, although his sword arm seemed preoccupied with the sterile steel of the crutch. He was still a big man, easily a head taller than most navi; next to Crushman, of course, this didn't amount to much.

"So, where's your bipolar friend? No, never mind; he wouldn't be any help. Now, listen." He adopted a scowl. "The thing we're delivering is worth more than both our artificial lives. It's probably worth more than the Ura Inn and everyone in it, to the right people. And that brings me to my second point. Sending it through normal channels with even the heaviest encryption would be pointless. Your master should know that well enough; I've heard about two-faced little Charles Weatherby, yes. Wouldn't surprise me if this isn't his first foray into the world of organized crime. Anyway, originally, I was set to deliver this by hand. But the good doctor, well, his little experiment with the Ride Armor had some... side effects." He gave his stump of a leg a pathetic flex. "The programs he used to make us compatible with those glorified metal coffins pulled some serious shit with our source code; you've probably already noticed that I don't have my leg back, and my combat specs are down to near-rookie level besides. You're here to take down any baddies we come across on our way, and that's it; I'll hang on to the program. My reasons should be obvious enough. Now, let's go." He started down a dusty side road, stopped, glanced back at the metal hulk. "You coming, Ironclad? It's a lovely day for an afternoon hike."
CrushMan cautiously regarded the Navi as it approached him. This one, this one was familiar. He quickly ran the one's image through his collection, trying to match it up to someone. DNR? Rui? Or maybe someone more recent, certainly not Splitman, but... The approaching individual bore a resemblence two one of the two Navis that had attacked him earlier. "So, you're here." He heard the one call. The one that was his enemy! The Masters orders had been clear, he was told to- He caught himself before doing anything too foolish. That was right. This was why he did not act without the Master's command. This one was an ally now. How strange. Looking him over, it didn't look like the Navi had recovered from his last injury. A leg injury. Ah, so he was that one. Bjorn. Well, more for it. It would serve as a reminder to him of just where his place was. The Master would delight to see his servant's success. But Bjorn was not to be completely ignored. Weak he may be, but Crush too still bore a dark black scorch on his shoulder plate where he'd let his guard down. The physical blemish would subside in time, but till then it would serve as a reminder of his failure.

"So, where's your bipolar friend?" the approaching Navi said. If Crush could've given him a blank stare, he would've. His emotionless eyes instead scanned the surroundings. This Bjorn was boring. Where was the enemy? Where was the sign to the gates of the springs? He had to meet with Charl, not his bumbling companion. Those were his orders.

"Splitman?" The Master said, in little more than a whisper. Recollection sparked in CrushMan's head. What was wrong with his thinking patterns these days? Of course, he was performing some kind of mission, from what he'd picked up from the Master's conversation some time ago. And Splitman was supposed to accompany him.

"No, never mind; he wouldn't be any help." Bjorn said in a voice that held the hint of anger. Crush needn't wonder why, considering the wound. He'd regard the Sword Navi in the same manner... Although a part of him suddenly hated the thought, even thinking to compare himself to this lowlife. "Now, listen. The thing we're delivering is worth more than both our artificial lives. It's probably worth more than the Ura Inn and everyone in it, to the right people. And that brings me to my second point. Sending it through normal channels with even the heaviest encryption would be pointless." It all meant nothing to CrushMan. The Master would know what it all meant. He only existed to destroy the Master's enemies. Again, a thought seemed against the thought of this, but CrushMan couldn't quite grasp why.

Bjorn continued. "Your master should know that well enough; I've heard about two-faced little Charles Weatherby, yes." What was that? What was that insolent tone? How dare he speak of the Master in such a way! "Wouldn't surprise me if this isn't his first foray into the world of organized crime. Anyway, originally, I was set to deliver this by hand. But the good doctor, well, his little experiment with the Ride Armor had some... side effects." Again, the fool continued. The Master was certainly listening, but would it all matter? Would the Master suffer this one's presence after that insult? "The programs he used to make us compatible with those glorified metal coffins pulled some serious shit with our source code; you've probably already noticed that I don't have my leg back, and my combat specs are down to near-rookie level besides."

Then his skills hadn't changed much at all, Crush thought, amused. Really, at least Charl had shown self control. And without his strange weapon/armor, would he really be any help at all? Bjorn continued his long winded speech. "You're here to take down any baddies we come across on our way, and that's it; I'll hang on to the program. My reasons should be obvious enough. Now, let's go." Again, the commoner overstepped his bounds. Commanding him? The Navi had started walking off, as if expecting to follow simply because he had asked it. Surely the Master wouldn't allow this to continue! It was too much! "You coming, Ironclad? It's a lovely day for an afternoon hike."

"Well, what are you waiting for?" The familiar voice of the Master whispered. "Go on, after him. We have a mission to accomplish." The Master said this all so quietly, but that wasn't what caught CrushMan as strange. It was that odd tone, the Master seemed amused by it all. But then, it wasn't CrushMan's duty to question. "Protect Bjorn. You heard what the mission calls for. Destroy any who stand in our way," the Master whispered soothingly. And so Crush moved forwards after his new charge. The old mission objectives were no longer important. Bjorn had, apparently, cut out the need to meet Charl by the Gates. Very well. The Master had spoken. His commands were to be obeyed.
((Funny you truely begin this on the last day of my classes for the term. Care if I step in after ending my fight? It has been delayed under an onslaught of work, and further delayed due to system changes I didn't want to deal with in my little free time))
(Ahahah. Wow, funny indeed. Sure, I can wait. Miek? You up for it?)
((Sure. You won't mind if I get things going with a light battle, though, will you?))

The duo round a corner to find a small troupe of viruses tormenting a Mr. Program. They turn their attention to their exciting new foes, giving the Program a chance to hightail it out of the general area. Looks like it's time to fight!

MetoolEXA: 70
MetoolEXB: 70
MetoolEXC: 70
Shrimpy: 100

Terrain: 50% Sea

Crushman: 190

Bjorn: 150

ROUND ONE! ROCK IT LIKE POCKET!
(Oh no, I don't mind at all. Quite the contrary, in fact. Still, you weren't kidding when you said a 'light' battle. These guys are little more than a...)

"Waste of time." The Master said, his voice still in a low whisper. CrushMan regarded the viruses as they turned towards him with little emotion. They were no more than commoners to him. No, these ones were even less than that. No challenge at all. "Battle routines initiated."

The giant Navi took a step towards his foes as the locking mechanisms on his combat abilities were released and his power began to build. But there was something wrong. Something wrong, again, what was wrong with him recently? There was something missing, some huge part of him missing, inside him. That orb of strength that, once tapped, exploded out of him through his arms into devastating blows and crushing strikes, that strength was gone... and replaced by something else. Where there had once been something was now something else, something very different. It felt cold, steady, strong, this strange new... something, just what was it?

"Destroy them." What welcome words to hear. Crush made a dash for the enemy as the feeling of encroaching, alien data shattered his outer barrier and seeped into his core, yet this too was welcomed, anything to make him stop thinking. Changes, shifting mission directives, it was all too complicated. CrushMan just wanted something simple, something he could understand. And he understood this all too well.

Cold, freezing energy filtered through his body and dulled his mind (thank the Master for that!). It had a familiar feeling to it and Crush immediately identified the attack, save for something, some small difference. He ignored it as the weapon finished it's painful download process and began the much more excruciating installment phase. Something suddenly ripped through his right knuckle, a blade, no, two blades emerged from his fist which quickly changed to accommodate them, changing into a hilt as if for a sword. This was unexpected.

"No holding back," the Master whispered beside him. Did he mean the power? The power that was no gone? Surely not, it had been unable to bond with the WideShot attack, no ranged strike could. So then that left 'that' strength. Deprived of one power, CrushMan would hardly begin to think of himself as weak. The Master had designed him too well to think otherwise. He had the power to destroy anything, any shield, any wall, any barrier; he could shatter it into a thousand pieces and annihilate the coward who hid behind them. Bjorn had learned that lesson, personally.

He tapped into that strength and the blades hummed with the energy stored within. "Slash." So, that had been it. The Master had been busy again. Very well, CrushMan thought, he would show The Master the fruits of his labor! Bringing his arm behind and above him, he suddenly slashed out, slicing through the air with the dual pronged blade, and in it's wake it left a shimmering blue line, as if the blade had cut through the Net itself and left some pulsating wound behind.

Hardly a moment passed before that line shot forward, propelled by some unseen force, whistling through the air as it soared towards the three pitiful Metool viruses. That would be his revenge for being trapped in that pitiful form. "Revenge to whom?" something said inside him, yet CrushMan cast aside the damning thought without hesitation. Another surge of power ripped through him, this one almost identical to the last. While unsure of where or when the Master had acquired a second version of the WideShot attack, CrushMan struck out once again with much the same effect, as if he were trying to cut down that annoying, grating voice inside his own head.

CrushMan watched stoically as the two shimmering blades sheered their way towards his foes, towards the Master's enemies, with the leading strike brighter and larger than the second. He would enjoy seeing the effects of these upgraded attacks.

"And there we have it. They're as good as dead," The Master hissed. "And for the last... Defensive maneuvers, CrushMan. Let us show some faith in our ally. You can handle that one last foe, can't you Bjorn?"

Summary
Free Action. Smash — Adds
Breakto next attack.
1. Wideshot1 to MetoolEXA, MetoolEXB, MetoolEXC — 60 Damage —
AquaBreak
2. Wideshot1 to MetoolEXA, MetoolEXB, MetoolEXC — 60 Damage —
Aqua
3. Dodge
4. Dodge
((I am a horrible, lazy person. But check out my sweet new av!))

Crushman makes quick work of the Mets while Bjorn charges at the lone shrimp with usual speed for someone in his current state. Just as he brings one crutch up and around like a blade, though, his intended target sinks into the water below and the potentially deadly piece of medical equipment splashes futilely against the surface.

"Urgh, no good... Sorry to look like I'm not pulling my weight, but I'm gonna have to rely on you for this one. My job here's not to fight, anyway..." Bjorn grumbled.

MetoolEXA: DELETED
MetoolEXB: DELETED
MetoolEXC: DELETED
Shrimpy: 100 <Submerged!>

(Well, you're not the only one at least. Blech, 3 days to get me to post up something this small? Sigh, well, guess I just have to get back into the roleplaying routine, heh.)

"Lovely," the Master said, unenthused, as he watched Bjorn's feeble attack. "But now I know what your battle capabilities are. Just means we'll have to make up for them." CrushMan felt something rip through him, more incoming data, but was not distracted nearly enough to miss the results of his sweeping water attack earlier. The twin WideShots ripped through the tiny Met viruses, the first leading the way and crushing any meager resistances they might have had prepared whilst the second moved in to finish the job, cutting the weaklings down.

"You should move away from the water, Bjorn. For your own good." CrushMan's arm lost it's feeling as the twin blade at the end retracted into the hilt and disappeared, only to be replaced moments later by two other sharp implements, these two quite familiar to CrushMan by now, and even more so when blue bolts began to bounce between the two spikes.

"This might not be reality, vermin, but the rules still apply," The Master whispered low and haughtily. "Water conducts electricity. Your hiding place is now your grave. Finish him, CrushMan." The hulking Navi obeyed, bringing his altered fist up, aimed at the patch of ground where the enemy hid and fired his weapon. The two prongs shot out suddenly from the end of his fist and whistled through the air as they sped towards their intended target.

Summary
1. Magbolt1 to Shrimpy - 90 Damage -
Elec
2. Dodge
3. Dodge
4. Dodge

It dies.

MetoolEXA: DELETED
MetoolEXB: DELETED
MetoolEXC: DELETED
Shrimpy: DELETED

Get: 300z, Shockwave
The penetrated the enemy with a satisfying shink. Not a moment later, the two lines connecting the prongs lit with sparkling blue energy as the electricity raced towards it's intended target, still submerged in the water. Light sparked from the point as stray bolts shot from the water, and moments later the kill was confirmed.

"Gather the remnant data and let's move on," The Master whispered. "Lead the way, Bjorn. And have no fear, my dear CrushMan will use all of his talents to guard you and smite any that stand in our path."
((I'm really, really sorry. I have a lot to work on.))

Bjorn silently hobbles along some remembered path, but is suddenly ambushed by...!

SlimeyA: 90
SlimeyB: 90
FirePhoenix: 110
Swordy: 60

-ROUND TWO! FIGHT!-
((Any chance I can just jump in now, I have IC capacity to do so and was supposed to meet. Posts made during my team battle might seem unusually fast for me. This is normal as I refuse to be the one keeping a group slow))
((I've heard of your plans, yeah. You should wait until after this battle for balance reasons, but you're otherwise welcome.))
Well, I do believe that I've put this off for long enough. Let's see if I can't wrap this up quickly.

"Crush, intercept the enemy! Bjorn, stand back, you just leave this to us!" Ahh, it had been a while since the Master had said 'Us'. Why he so enjoyed to hear that simple word was beyond him, but such matters were besides the point. Energy exploded through his arm as the giant navi rushed in front of his charge. It must be difficult, being so useless, he thought, considering the Navi's pitiful shape. His forearm quickly shifted to a long barrel as a metallic thunk sounded in his arm. He adjusted his aim quickly and fired off a shot at the nearby slime creature, sparing a moment's look to see as the solid hunk of metal shot out and hurtled towards the target.

More energy flowed into him, overwhelming aqua flavored power threatening to burst out of him as it numbed him to the core and twisted and perverted his form. His arm shifted as a dual pronged blade burst out of his fist. He quickly slashed through the air, rending through the space and leaving twin hovering blades of ocean blue, which he sent hurtling after the enemy forces.

But he swung too hard, too forcefully with the blow and stumbled forward. What was wrong with him now? Something was off, his moves clumsy and awkward. No matter, he'd simply have to compensate as best as he could, though the lingering fear of failing the Master prodded at the edge of his thoughts. Another presence surged towards him as the twin blades shrunk painfully back into him.

And then a great thing appeared beore him. Like the arm of some great and terrifying beast, a black gauntlet shimmering with blue runes hovered before him. "Our newest tool," the Master whispered. Crush threw his hand inside and grabbed a hold of the monstrous thing, nearly doubling the width of his already sizable appendage. He reared back and then slammed the thing down, as the thing commanded him to do so. The earth shattered, flinging hundreds of tiny broken shards into the air, the ground beneath him cracking and splintering before the force of the blow. There was an audible *boom* as something ripped out of the earth and soared it's way to the enemy, an erratic force that darted chaotically about as it slowly homed in it's target.

Crush watch it all with a diluted eagerness. New tools were amusing, surely, but there was only one priority. Obey the Master.

1. ShotGun to SlimeyA - 50 Damage - Chance of Splash -
2. Wideshot to SlimeyB, FirePheonix, Swordy - 60 Damage -
Aqua
3. Wideshot to SlimeyB, FirePheonix, Swordy - 60 Damage -
Aqua
4. Shockwave to SlimeyA - 40 Damage - Piercing -

On another note, the wording on Shockwave was kind of odd. It sounded like it affected multiple opponents, like the Wideshot. That'd be nice. Spamming WideShot is getting kind of old, heh.

Oh, and sorry it took so long to post, especially with something so dreadfully small. I'll try to work harder on it now that Robo will be joining us.
((consider this a bump for Tom as this is getting absurd))
((And another.... this is over a week now))
((Twiddles thumbs at almost two weeks))
The battle is quickly over, and Bjorn stumbles onward.

(MIEK! GET ON YOUR MODDIN OR DON'T DO IT AT ALL >:0)

SlimeyA: DELETED
SlimeyB: DELETED
FirePhoenix: DELETED
Swordy: DELETED

Reward: 2000z
"Tch. Hardly a challenge. Crush, recover the remnant data. No use wasting our time standing around. Bjorn, let's keep moving along, eh?"

Crush did as the Master commanded, wondering briefly why the weakling Navi didn't collect enemy data as well? Then again, perhaps that was why he was weak. Overcome the enemy, consume their strength, get stronger and stronger while the pitiful bugs stay the same. CrushMan almost wished that the fool did try and gain more power, at least then he'd be a more interesting challenge, rather than the crippled wretch he saw before him.

The giant Navi stopped and regarded his 'partner', waiting for him to start again, and he, of course, intending to follow suit.