On the Net Part II

((DX))
"Ouch..." A large area of Gunner's chest had been peppered by bees. The bees had dissapeared on impact, but that hadn't stopped them from leaving a large bleeding wound that looked like buckshot. He was beginning to feel weak and dizzy, although such feelings were not characteristic of navis; they did not feel the effects of blood loss like he was feeling them right now. To them, it was only a dull tingle following a moment of great pain.

Then again, he mused, I am no navi. I serve a similar purpose, but I am not the same.

However, it looked like Ergo had gotten the worse end of the bargain. The bees had occupied his attention before he could see what had become of Ergo, but judging by the Hanz' actions right before the attack, he was glad he hadn't.

"You bastards... Now you've gone and pissed me off." He dismissed the bright pistol, leaving only the diabolical-looking dark steel revolver, which he held at arm's length. He aimed carefully and fired. Slow and methodical; the way of the executioner. He had all the time in the world. He was at death's door, and so he had nothing more to fear. A column of bubbles engulfed the marauding hands, the cheerful light reflected in their soapy spherical shapes providing an image quite the opposite of how Gunner was feeling right now. With a muted snick, the revolver's carousel turned, bringing with it a fresh bullet.

A fresh opportunity to kill.

The kickback was tremendous, but Gunner's arm did not shift so much as a hair. Nor did he skid backwards; the force was absorbed into his body. The tension prompted a fresh fountain of blood to erupt from the myriad of wounds that were slowly bleeding him dry. Of course, blood loss would not kill him, as he had a limitless supply of the stuff and was not dependent on such fluids anyway. A small programming oversight, however, made it feel as if he was... He shut out the encroaching haze, walling his mind with iron. He had to retain his lucidity, if only until the viruses were dead. Two more shots were fired, each after a period of concentration that made the bloody figure seem all the more menacing. These were weaker rounds, but they would do the job all the same; weakening the viruses, making them easy for Ergo to finish them off.

4. Cannon to MagneakerD (40+10. [A])
((Braden, you disturb me sometimes...))

"Oh lord..." Nik muttered, disgust tainting his voice as he witnessed the Hanz attack through the screen on his PET. This was going to end badly, he could tell.

"Nik... chips... now." Ergo growled. His NetOp didn't argue, grabbing a handful of chips and letting the data on them upload into his Navi. Ergo pulled his halberd out of the void as he activated the first of the chip data. Great, razor edged claws erupted from the tips of his fingers. He flexed them experimentally before bringing them all to a single point and shoving the whole of his arm through the nearest Hanz. He withdrew his arm, a reddish black liquid running down the length of gauntlet. The strange liquid dripping off the ends of his claws, he started for the other Hanz, a crimson glare in his eyes.

"Ergo!" Nik snapped, vying against his Navi's blood lust in attempt to redirect his anger. Ergo brought his arm back, ready to disembowel the second Hanz. "ERGO!" The Navi snapped his head up, the red gleam still present. "Leave the Hanz. Gunner will take care of them. You need to focus on the other guys. By just attacking these guys you're leaving yourself wide open to an attack from them. Do you understand?" Nik queried, wondering if he had gotten through to his Navi. The only reply he received was a furious growl. The crazed Navi shifted his grip on his halberd, the head creating gale force winds as it churned through the "air" about it. He brought it back as though he were going to run it through the top of the Hanz before him, then executed a quick turn and launched it with frightening speed at one of the Magneakers, the blade's own rotation increasing the speed at which the projectile made its way to the virus. Ergo charged the group of viruses in a full out berserk, taking the Cactball that appeared in his hand and, instead of throwing it, crashed the needle filled sphere of plant flesh into the faceplate of the virus before he leapt into the fray.

((Attack Order: Rageclaw to HanzC, cause revenge is a dish best served with a fist sized hole in it (40 damage)
Drilling Strike to MagneakerC (60 damage)
Cactball1 to MagneakerB ((3 x 20) x 2 damage)
))
(Thanks I try)

HanzA:10
HanzB:DELETED
HanzC: DELETED
HanzD:DELETED
MagneakerA: 10
MagneakerB: DELETED
MagneakerC: DELETED
MagneakerD: 20
HoneybomberA:Deleted
HoneybomberB:Deleted

Gunner: 1
Ergo: 20

Hanz C is deleted... Gunner is da wina ... cept Hanz A is still alive, yea see splash damage only works when the two are ACTUALLY NEAR EACH OTHER!!!!

The shotgun damage magneakerA .... and once again folks, a shotgun blast failed to hit Magneaker B as it was not behind A.

C and D took the cannons like men among men and retaliated like men.... BOOM

Ergo's claw sucessfully killed C but only because gunner helped you kill stealing jerk!

Magneaker C is deleted you kill stealing whore.... and man your just as sick as the hanz you drilling perv!

Two cactballs hit deleting the magneaker you lucky bastard.

Magneaker A retaliates by smashing into Ergo.... oh dear, and you have needles up your *BLEEP* I wonder how the magnets will affect those? Oh wait let's go to the sound effect guy over here.

*Well dude, it'll be totally righteous cus we'll have like RIPPPPP and AHHHHH and OWWWW and SPLURT and just for fun OH GOD OH YES OH YES* and that's all the time we have folks!!!!

Btw the magneakers are charging their cannons.... you may want to do something about that.... yea....
((Music to salve the soul and deepen the plot.))

Gunner was in bad shape... He was still standing, alright, but just barely. The Undershirt had managed to hold his data together... It was a tenuous grip at best. A large hole was blown through his chest, and his left leg ended abruptly at the thigh, where flesh, blood, and torn fabric were reduced to tiny data streams flowing to and from a disembodied foot that somehow retained its function. The holster did not appear to be harmed; if anything, it looked better than it had before. The leather had a luminous sheen to it now, and the buckle glinted merrily in the light. The navi(?) was breathing heavily, obviously clinging on to life with all his strength... but then he did something very odd.

He chuckled.

A rippling chuckle that grew until the navi threw back his shoulders and laughed. Had he gone mad? But no -- threre was something wrong with his face...
Yellow.
His eyes were yellow. Where before the iris had been the same black as the pupil, there was a brilliant shade of gold fading into red around the border. He spoke then, with a voice better fitting a noble than a gunslinger such as he.

"You viruses... You really seek to destroy me and my host? It's a shame... I so adore you who spread glorious chaos across the Net. But I can't have you destroying him... He is important to me." Gunner turned slowly to face his comrade Ergo. An evil grin spread across his face, revealing broad, pointed fangs. "You are dispensable, but I'm afraid it wouldn't be in my best interests to kill you. I've cut off the youth's audiovisual feed, but he might suspect something if he finds that his own navi has the blood of a comrade on his hands." Gunner, if it was still him behind those feral eyes, leapt at the viruses with inhuman speed, a small orb of solid flame appearing in his hand. "Engarde!" He swept his hand in an arc, sending a wave of flame to wash over the creatures. In his other hand appeared a small ring of solid thunder, which he hurled at the last virus that had the gall to live. "I will count on you to delete the others, should these attacks fail. This shell's power is nearly depleted." He -- it -- did not make eye contact with Ergo. It was like an order given from king to servant, and it was clear in his tone that he expected the navi to obey. "Do not worry, I will depart your friend's body soon enough, and return to my rightful place... I give you my oath as the Lord Bukteban. But for now, he is too weak to defend himself, and I cannot abide the loss of such a host just yet."
3-4. Dodge
((Your music won't work unless I pay for it... *cries*))
((Oh, and is the trash talk from an impartial moderator really necessary, Mr. "Let's give the bad guy a rock cannon"? I mean, seriously... what were you thinking when you came up with that?))

Ergo was oblivious to his surroundings. All he knew at the moment, his all consuming purpose, was to cause pain to anything viral. Through unseeing eyes he sought out his targets and dismembered them. A Hanz appeared in his field of vision. Said Haz found itself in several different pieces mere moments later. Oh, he was having a grand old time mindlessly killing any virus in his path. Until the word "dispensable" thrown in his direction. In a blaze of rage, he snapped his head in the speaker's direction, only to be shocked out of his blood lust. Feral eyes, so unlike the pair he had come to know as his compatriot's, stared back at him from behind Gunner's face. Fangs had replaced his friend's usual madcap smile, but the most disconcerting thing was the voice. Cold and regal at the same time, each word shook him to the core.

"Wh-what's going on here!?" he shot through his connection to Nik.

"Apparently Gunner isn't alone in there..." Nik replied, knowing full well that his Navi hadn't heard a word of what had been said beforehand. "You know, this is why the whole berserking thing can be a bad thing..." he commented.

While this conversation between Navi and Operator was occurring, "Gunner" had already executed his attacks and delivered his order to Ergo.

"So, what should we do?" Ergo asked, finding his grip on the situation to be rather tenuous.

"Well, I don't see any other choice at the moment other than to do as he says. Chip data is on the way."

Ergo's arm swelled, the blade like claws breaking down and swirling around the appendage to form the barrel of a cannon. A solid *thunk* told him that the weapon was ready to fire. He shifted his stance and sighted down his weapon, the bulky firearm nearly swallowing the Magneaker he meant to take out. With a crack like thunder, the round bounded out of the mouth of the weapon and leapt toward the virus, letting loose a battle shriek as the air around it was violently forced out of the way. Ergo didn't watch to see if it flew true, however. Sprinting the distance between him and whatever was possessing his partner, this Lord Bukteban, Ergo slid into place between "Gunner" and activated his Guard data, the shield taking on a new flavor and forming itself into a ballistic shield large enough for the both of them to hide behind. He still didn't know exactly what was going on, but if the two of them survived this, he planned on finding out.

((Actions:
Rageclaw to HanzA ( 40 damage )
Cannon to MagneakerA ( 40 damage )
Guard ( attempting to cover both Ergo and Gunner )
))
((Oh yeah, the songs are in my private folder. I'll see if I can fix that.

There. See if it works now.))
((Nope, still void of music.))
(modding and for the record I am impartial I just add fun into the posts)

HanzA:DELETED
HanzB:DELETED
HanzC: DELETED
HanzD:DELETED
MagneakerA: DELETED
MagneakerB: DELETED
MagneakerC: DELETED
MagneakerD: DELETED
HoneybomberA:Deleted
HoneybomberB:Deleted

Gunner: 1
Ergo: 20

Rewards: 550 zenny each, Rskyhoney to Ergo, Magbomb to Gunner

WINNERS ARE YOU YOU LUCKY BASTARDS!!!
"Not bad... You fight well, for a navi, and your style speaks of a certain degree of military training." Gunner-Bukteban folded his arms, peering at Ergo with an appraising look in his eyes. "Well, you have my thanks for defending my host. I will depart now... Oh, wait." All emotion fled from his eyes, laying bare a cold expression. "I would appreciate it if you didn't mention this to my host or the youth who aids him. If you do, I might need to assume control of him again..." His words trailed off, but the threat was laid out as bare as steel. He gave a mild flourish of the hand and one last nod, and Gunner fell onto his knees, the yellow rapidly retreating from his irises. Moments later, he dissapeared from the Net as his operator jacked him out. The disembodied voice of a youth, presumably Gunner's operator, sounded from nearby.
"Thanks for your help, guys. Sorry I have to jack Gunner out now, but he's in really bad shape. I also have to check out the source of that weird static... It was from inside the Net, but maybe I can figure out what caused it.
"Anyway, thanks for everything. Maybe we can go virusbusting again sometime. I'm sending you my homepage and email. They're both under repair at the moment, but they should be running again shortly. Goodbye for now."
A shorrt cracle of static heralded Swift's departure, as well as the entrance of a very excited-looking Prog.
"WHOAH, COOL MASK, DOOD. I HAVE A DELIVERY FROM MASTER SWIFT!" The Prog handed Ergo two objects: A slip of paper(?) bearing an address, and an ancient-looking wrought iron key. "THAT KEY'S THE PASS TO SWIFT'S HOMEPAGE. IT JUST LOOKS REALLY COOL IS ALL. BYE NOW, MASK DOOD!"
The Prog wandered a short distance before muttering to itself "HOPE I WASN'T TOO EXCITED... THIS IS MY FIRST DELIVERY, AFTER ALL. BUT WHAT A COOL MASK!" The Prog left in a beam of light, doubtless chattering about Ergo's mask all the way.
Ergo accepted the Prog's offerings, struck dumb momentarily by its sudden and chatty arrival followed by its just as sudden departure. The two items blinked out of existence and into the PET as Ergo took a step forward, looking to where he imagined the voice of Gunner's NetOp had come from.

"Swift, was it? I..." Ergo began. He had half a mind yet to tell the pair what had occurred. They had a right to know, after all. But then Bukteban's last statement floated to the fore of his thoughts. While the possibility remained that he might be able to defeat the entity, he didn't dare to try while it still resided in Gunner's data. "I hope Gunner heals quickly," he finished lamely, looking away as he did so. He'd find a way to inform Swift at the very least without letting Bukteban find out.

"Yeah, same here," Nik chimed in, his voice projecting from behind his Net Navi. "As soon as we get some minor issues sorted out with the ISP down at the HQ, I'll drop you a line with a link to our Homepage. Good luck with sorting out the disturbance." He pushed a button, switching to his and Ergo's private line. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah," Ergo answered, giving a curt nod of his head. He was exhausted, having a degree of difficulty standing, and he hurt in places that he hadn't known he was programmed with. A flash of blazing light later, he was safely back in the PET.