In Scilab Net

((5 months. :'D))

Voltman's initial attack succeeded, the Thunder being effortlessly avoided by the Swordsmet, only to be blasted full force in mid-air by the Zapring, suspending the virus in the air for the moment. However, such an attack took a strain on the electric navi's chip capacity, thus, his Aquasword shattered, overridden by his own attacks.
"Ho ho, that was a bold strategy, grasshopper, my compliments," Nameless commented, as Voltman slammed the samurai virus back into the ground with his sword, the flames spreading across the bamboo grove, wiping out most of the scenery. Voltman let out a guttural roar as he swung his Firesword, sending a flaming blast careening toward Nameless, who effortlessly swirled around the attack, leaving a cool explosion erupt behind him harming nothing but the scenery.
"Such a vigorous spirit, that too, is one of the doctrines of 'The Way of the Swordy,'" Nameless remarked, brandishing his sword. Metatsuga gleamed brilliantly in the light as the Swordsmet's eyes narrowed. A gust of wind blows in several cherry blossoms from an unknown source toward Voltman, Nameless' aura seems to be emanating from the area.
"Here, try blocking this, young warrior," Nameless advised, as he brought back his sword and performed the traditional battoujutsu (sword-draw) technique. 15 flashes of silvery light erupted in Voltman's vision. The first swipe was narrowly avoided by the navi, the next was negated by the barrier, but the rest of the slashes hit, a continuous melody of swordsmanship rang through the air with the Swordsmet's attacks. Nameless reappeared behind Voltman, back-facing the navi, and blade pointed high into the air.
"Sakura Matsuri-Cherry Blossom Festival," the virus whispered as data erupted from Voltman's wounds, the cherry blossom petals from before suddenly broke neatly in half, falling gracefully to the ground. The Swordsmet spun around, facing Voltman, sword positioned intimidatingly in front of himself.
"The true measure of your fighting skills are increasing, grasshopper. I do not wish for you to give up," Nameless commented. "Fight on."
Unnoticed by the Swordsmet, the previous ball of thunder was slowly coming back around.

Fake Nameless Swordsmet: 810 HP (metal)

Terrain: 50% Normal, 50% Metal

Thunder (Homing in)
Voltman.exe: 64 HP (metal) [Firesword]
(Five months, 3 chips, and 15050 zennies. THE DOG TELLS YOU TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.)

The Thunder's slow moving attack had to be the most obvious maneuver Voltman had pulled in ages, but miraculously... it worked. The Nameless Swordsmet dodged, only for Voltman's Zapring to hit him moments later. Voltman charged with his Firesword, hearing a sickening crack from his left arm. He paled, before realizing it was the Aquasword, and not actually his arm. Feeling slightly guilty for not paying more attention to the condition of his weapons, Voltman shook it off and continued his attack. Nameless just stood there, as he charged, the Zapring still having stunned his systems. Ho ho, that was a bold strategy, grasshopper, my compliments! This elicited a little chuckle, such civility from an opponent during such a heated battle. It didn't, however, stop Voltman from slamming into the enemy full-force, flames fanning out to scorch the shortened grass the enemy had started the battle by summoning. He wasn't done there, though, charging and swinging his Firesword yet again, releasing a section of the flames to attack on their own. The enemy dodged the attack, however, leaving a cinema-quality explosion in the background of the valiant warrior. The enemy chose then, flames billowing to the sky, to soliloquize. Such a vigorous spirit, that too, is one of the doctrines of the "Way of the Swordy."

Voltman almost remarked on the ridiculousness of quoting such a strangely named text, but thought better of taunting the enemy. Now, at least, he was being honorable in his fighting. If he were to start pulling as underhanded of tricks as Voltman had been, there'd be no chance for victory. Here, try blocking this, young warrior. Voltman grinned, readying his sword. See, this is what I like about this guy... he even announces his attacks! A sudden scent of cherry blossoms suddenly registered with Voltman, who realized that fifteen blossoms had begun to float downwards from an unknown source. Seeing his enemy still directly in front of him, Voltman let out a sigh of relief, just as the Swordsmet drew his sword. A flash of light filled the battlefield, signaling the beginning of a living hell for the unfortunate navi. Not knowing what to expect from his enemy, Voltman backed up slightly, and not a moment too soon. He felt a current of air from a sword barely missing his torso, and blanched. I didn't even see him move...! But it wasn't over yet. Not by a long shot, as Voltman realized when Metatsuga slammed into his barrier from the side, bringing with it the end of Voltman's last line of defense. Silver light filled Voltman's vision, he barely registered them as the Swordsmet's weapon through the haze of pain. The sound of his armor being gashed over and over, metal on metal, filled the air for what seemed to be a lifetime. And as the attack ended, Voltman falling forward as the energy to stand left him, he just barely heard the voice of the Nameless through the ringing in his ears. Sakura Matsuri- Cherry Blossom Festival. Even Voltman, in his weakened state, had to admire the skill it took to perform a maneuver such as the one he had just experience, watching the half blossoms fall to the ground gently.

Voltman...! Voltman!! Answer me! Voltman groaned, trying to push himself up with his free hand. The slightest movement sent waves of pain through his body. Checking his navi's HP count, Shigeru could only watch in horror as it dropped to below half of what it had been. Voltman collapsed on the ground, the flames on the Firesword feebly attempting to stay lit as their user's power drained away. He wanted to get up... but he had no more energy. He had nothing to use, nothing to continue fighting with. He heard Shigeru yelling something, but it was as if he was underwater. All sounds, all voices, were dimmed to his ears. His eyes shot open, however, as a single voice penetrated the muddled noise filling Voltman's mind. The Swordsmet's voice. The true measure of your fighting skills is increasing, grasshopper. I do not wish for you to give up. Voltman raised his head, seeing the warrior standing in front of him, holding the sword out in front of him. Fight on. A renewed strength filled Voltman, who ignored the screaming protests from the many small wounds Metatsuga had inflicted and stood, gripping the handle of the Firesword in both hands. The blade blazed to life once more.

Alright, then! Come, follower of the Way! See how well you can counter my own abilities! Voltman declared, his usual barrier flaring into an aura of sparking electricity in his renewed passion for the fight. Holding his sword to the sky, an ominous crack of thunder was heard, just before a bolt of blue lightning struck the sword. The flames flickered and died, only to be replaced by bright blue fire. Voltman laughed, happy for an inexplicable reason, lifting the sword over his head. Beams of light erupted from the sword, piercing the heavens with a blinding spectacle. Voltman let out a cry of Dou Ryuu Ikazuchi! Ground Dragon Lightning! and plunged the sword into the ground. The terrain around the sword suddenly cracked as blue energy poured into the hole, stopping abruptly just before a pillar of light rent the metal floor in two. A maelstrom of molten steel and rock flew around the battlefield, utter chaos the words of the day, as the attack flew towards the Nameless Swordsmet. Voltman let out a triumphant laugh and disappeared into the cloud of debris.

What's he planning, now...? Shigeru wondered, scanning the battlefield for any signs of his navi. The Powerbolt covered the distance uninterrupted, though, without a sign of Voltman. As the energy beam thinned and disappeared, and the debris began to settle, a blur suddenly pierced the smoke, flying to the upper reaches of the battlefield, a red and yellow glow in its wake. Voltman's voice rang out as he descended, sword in hand, swinging at the Swordsmet as he neared the ground. Hi Ryuu Sen! Flying Dragon Flash! The electric swordsman crashed to the ground with all the force of a meteor, his slash at the Swordsmet once more cleaving a furrow in the terrain. Acrid smoke filled the air as the metal began to feel the effects of the intense heat. Without warning, a swift movement could suddenly be seen through the smoke, and when it cleared, Voltman was holding his spear in one hand, having thrusted it forward at the Swordsmet, a current pulling energy away from the tip of the spear into Voltman. When the spear began to disintegrate, Voltman withdrew it and leapt backwards, still just within melee range of the Swordsmet. Adaptation is the key to a true fighter! For example: The Cheung maneuver, of the Choi Li Fut style! Shigeru was stunned into silence once more.

Voltman raised his spear, charging up energy. The Thunder1 was starting to get close to the Nameless Swordsmet... he'd need to distract the enemy if it had any chance of working. Bracing himself, he held the spear as tightly as he could while the energy finished charging, suddenly firing in a spread of energy. The small blast was low in power, but it flew quickly, and Voltman took the opportunity to banter with the Swordsmet once again, hoping to distract him further from the electric energy nearing. The Way of the Swordy is, indeed, a worthy cause to pursue! But without adaptation, change, in your fighting style, as advanced as your proficiency in swords may become, a mix of fighting styles may prevail! Voltman motioned to his spear, his sword, and the multitudes of damaged panels he had created in his patchwork of attacks. It is only through balance of styles that one can achieve true perfection! This is what I pursue! And while my skills may not be as developed as yours, worthy opponent... Bolts of lightning shot out from Voltman's spear, tracing paths around the metal terrain, ...it is through my embracing of all styles that I shall defeat you!

Overview:
<Passive: Siphon Excess (1-Hit Barrier)>
<Thunder Homing in (40, +15 Elemental Bonus, x2 due to Metal Panels, Elec)
1. Zapring1 to The Nameless Swordsmet (40, +15 Elemental Bonus, x2 due to Metal Panels, Elec)
2. Powerbolt to The Nameless Swordsmet (70, Piercing)
3. Firesword to The Nameless Swordsmet (80, x2 due to Metal Panels, Fire)
4. Electric Drain to The Nameless Swordsmet (70 Lifedrain, x2 due to Metal Panels, Elec
<Skill: Swordplay (Dodge)>
5. Shotgun to The Nameless Swordsmet (50, Attempt to distract from Thunder1)
The skies rumbled with massive energy as the battle continued on. Voltman blasted a Zapring at Nameless, and the amplified Metool's left eye twitched as he noticed the Thunder approaching from behind. He let out a guttural roar as he spiraled into the air, having both attacks collide with each other.
"That was a fearsome pincer attack, now... UGH!" the Swordsmet commented, before crying out in pain as the Powerbolt blasted him out of the air back down to earth. His eyes widened as the electric navi used the explosion from before as cover for his in coming "Hi Ryuu Sen" attack.
"Hiten Mitsuruugi Ryu!" the wanderer cried in surprise as he swiftly barrel-rolled out of the way of the devastating attack. The virus flipped back up to his normal position as his eyes narrowed. Voltman's spear suddenly struck out at him from the dust caused by his impact with the ground, the metool quickly used Metatsuga to parry it, sending a force through the spear that shattered the electric navi's barrier, but the effect was instantaneous, the electric navi quickly fixed his wounds with the data drawn from the Swordsmet and the virus flipped back in agony, swinging his blade in the direction of his flip at the electric swordsman, who did a flip of his own to dodge it. He was then met with a potshot of shrapnel in his face. The virus irritably shook the fragments off his body and then thrusted his blade at the electric navi, piercing him in the leg.
The Swordsmet quickly extracted his blade and threw the data off of it in one clean motion.
"It seems you truly don't know the way, or else you would not have called it a mere fighting style," the wanderer chided, tilting his hat down, covering his eyes. "I journey to discover near-perfect mastery and knowledge over the way, but at the end, my travels shall outweigh the value of the end result. This too, is 'The Way of the Swordy,'" he continued as flames coursed throughout the bamboo grove. "At the end of this battle, you too, may grasp a piece of the way. Come!" Namless bellowed, brandishing his sword menacingly at Voltman.
"What you seek. What you stand for. What you live for. What you battle for. All this is in all of our souls, grasshopper! We shall learn more when our blades clash, for that is also 'The Way of the Swordy!'"
In all seriousness, this is one hell of a battle.

Fake Nameless Swordsmet: 550 HP (metal)

Voltman.exe: 190 HP (metal) [Firesword]
Voltman saw, out of the corner of his eye, lightning begin to strike the ground surrounding their battle. The air resounded with the crash of thunder, just as he launched the Zapring at the Nameless Swordsmet, hoping to cause the enemy to dodge directly into the path of his Thunder. What actually happened was a different story entirely. With a loud cry, he leapt, not jumped, LEAPT into the air to have the weak electric attacks cancel each other out. Voltman let out a massive roar to emulate his opponent's, and fired the Powerbolt just as the enemy began to speak. That was a fearsome pincer attack, now... UGH! The enemy was blasted to the ground by the roving pillar of energy, and Voltman moved stealthily through the smoke created in the maneuver to assist his next attack. Seeing the enemy a small distance ahead, Voltman leapt into the air, crying out the name of his attack. The enemy looked up, crying out Hiten Mitsuruugi Ryu! as he dodged, Voltman crashing to the ground with devastating force as he just missed the nimble opponent. The cloud of debris that he threw up, however, was just what he needed. Such impressive swordsmanship... only to dodge a diversion! Voltman quickly summoned a spear, tapping into its data to create a stream of energy at the first contact with an enemy. Yelling out Electric Drain!, Voltman thrust the spear at the enemy, only to see the sword that had plagued his efforts from the beginning of the battle move at a near invisible speed, throwing his spear off course. Of course, no plan works without its flaws, and this attack had not one but two unforeseen consequences. The first, Voltman's spear transferred all of the energy to his arm, which would have caused severe damage were it not for his trusty barrier. And two, Voltman managed to complete the Electric Drain circuit. Drawing a large amount of energy from the Swordsmet, only assisted by the metal terrain, Voltman quickly repaired the wounds that now littered his armor. Flipping backwards out of instinct more than anything else, Voltman barely dodged a retaliatory strike, before lifting the spear and firing a Shotgun blast at close range, which hit, only for the enemy to charge forward and stab his leg, causing him to fall to the knee of his other leg, inspecting the wound carefully. It wasn't deep.

But what he said afterwards, when he told the Swordsmet his opinion of the Way of the Swordy... it apparently dug deeper than any wound Voltman had caused yet. It seems you truly don't know the way, or else you would not have called it a mere fighting style. I journey to discover near-perfect mastery and knowledge over the way, but at the end, my travels shall outweigh the value of the end result. This too, is 'The Way of the Swordy.' At the end of this battle, you too, may grasp a piece of the way. Come! The enemy finished his speech with a massive flourish of his sword, a look in his eyes combining the exhilaration of battle with the discipline of one who fights for a cause.
What you seek. What you stand for. What you live for. What you battle for. All this is in all of our souls, grasshopper! We shall learn more when our blades clash, for that is also 'The Way of the Swordy!' Voltman coated his armor with another layer of electricity, diverting some of the power into the gash in his armor to keep his data from escaping. He tested the makeshift bandage, standing on his leg cautiously. It held. Getting to his feet slowly, not looking directly at the Swordsmet, but rather inspecting his Firesword, Voltman spoke softly. I know what you say is true... I know that it is the way, not the destination, that teaches one discipline, that teaches one the value of fighting for what you believe in... I... Voltman's head shot up suddenly, his Firesword blazing to life once more. I understand! Now come, worthy opponent, and fight! May whomever triumphs let their victory spur them to greater achievements, and whoever succumbs to the fatigue of battle let their experience push them to train, learn, grow with more dedication!

Voltman gathered a ball of electricity in his palm, his Firesword at his side, as he stared at his opponent, both motionless for the moment in the calm before the battle. A solitary spark from Voltman's orb of energy traveled lazily through the air, before falling delicately to the metal floor and sending an almost imperceptible pulse of energy along the ground. It was then that Voltman charged, the ball of energy in his hand sparking dangerously. Releasing the electricity, twelve bolts of lightning shot out of his palm, arcing along the ground and growing from the terrain. They all chose nearly random paths, but as they circled around the Nameless Swordsmet, shooting one by one into the target of the attack. The attack finishing, Voltman's Firesword flared to life as its owner moved in to attack. There were no tricks, no illusions, this time. There was only a straightforward attack, testing the skills of the two clashing warriors. Voltman let out a roar, slashing his Firesword with savage strength towards the small opponent. Several more slashes followed, a deadly dance of fire and energy tracing its way through the air around the two combatants. A final slash signaled the end of the first assault, as Voltman flipped backwards, standing where the spark had sunk into the ground earlier. The ring of energy that had been sent out earlier returned, traveling up Voltman's legs and torso before going down his arm to rest in his palm. Similar pulses of energy began to follow, unbidden, and the energy in his palm continued to grow.

The Way of the Swordy... it is a worthy challenge. Show me, then, the power of this Way! Show me the power, when faced with the strength I have gained from my own way! A Way which has no name, but a purpose that is solely my own! Becoming stronger for those who cannot fight for themselves, fighting to stop petty clashes between "good" and "evil"! This is my own way, and it is what you must overcome if you hope to best me in this clash! The concentric rings of energy began to tighten, the number increasing at a massive rate. The energy in his hand grew larger and larger, the pulses feeding into it one by one. When he seemed to be satisfied with the power of the orb, Voltman plunged his Firesword into it, the electricity flowing out of the mass as if it had actually been punctured by the weapon. The fire and electricity began to combine along the lengths of the sword, even as Voltman aimed the tip towards the Nameless Swordsmet. He wasted no more time than he already had, firing the energy in a mass of fire and electricity. The fire soon died out, however, leaving only the massive blast of the electricity moving towards the lone enemy.

Voltman glanced at his Firesword. Cracks lined the blade, the fire sputtering and beginning to die out along the breaks. He knew it wouldn't last long; the battle had to end soon, or he'd be without any defenses besides a meager selection of chips and his own innate abilities. With this knowledge in mind, he set out on what he hoped would be the final charge of the battle. As he charged, a glint of light from Metatsuga hit his eye, and he fell into a roll, before leaping up and turning to face his opponent. Pushing off of one foot, Voltman let out a roar as he swung the Firesword, letting out a wave of flame that seared what was left of the original grass terrain into a charred mass. Shigeru, being out of the battle, couldn't help but notice the perfect scenario for the battle. A single circle of steel, on which perched two combatants ready to fight for what they believed in, surrounded by the gently smoldering, flame strewn remains of what used to be a grassy plain. Lightning flew across the battlefield as Voltman's innate power began to surge with the force of his charge. The lightning rods which emerged from his shoulders shot sparks between them, absorbing the power from around the field. Meanwhile, Voltman's relentless assault continued. He slashed with an almost frightening precision, parrying where he saw it necessary, not knowing if his efforts had worked in the intensity of the blaze that spread from his Firesword. Finally, after what seemed a lifetime, the strain became too much for the Firesword and it shattered, the pieces falling to the ground before disappearing. Voltman leapt back, finally deactivating the spent battlechip, facing his foe.

Shigeru slotted out the Firesword battlechip, leaving the data to reconfigure itself as the battle finally neared its end. For better or for worse, the battle has just been decided...

Overview:
1. Lightning Spear to The Nameless Swordsmet (12 hits of 10, x2 due to Metal Terrain, Elec)
2. Firesword to The Nameless Swordsmet (80, x2 due to Metal Terrain, Fire)
3. StunBlast to The Nameless Swordsmet (90, Stun, x2 due to Metal Terrain, Elec)
4. Firesword to The Nameless Swordsmet (80, x2 due to Metal Terrain, Fire)
5. Firesword to The Nameless Swordsmet (80, x2 due to Metal Terrain, Fire) (Firesword deactivated)
<Skill: Swordplay (Dodge)>
Voltman initialized his first attack and Nameless smirked, disappearing swiftly and reappearing behind Voltman, slashing viciously at the navi's back, breaking the barrier the navi had set up. The electric swordsman howled while slicing with his Firesword at Nameless. The Swordsmet retaliated with his own sword in the form of a quick upper diagonal slash, and both attacks connected. The warriors were blown back, but would not give up. Voltman fired his Stunblast at his opponent, who swirled gracefully to the side, avoiding the attack and charged at Voltman. The electric navi followed suit, bringing his sword back. The two neared each other, closer, closer, and closer until...
SHWING!
Multiple lights danced in the eyes of both warriors, and they both landed with a "Hup!" behind each other, swords drawn forward. Voltman's blade shattered, Nameless' however, did not.
"Show me more of your belief, warrior, this battle shall reach its end in the next few blows," Namless stated. Both warriors were far worse for wear than they were at the start, but the electric swordsman clearly had the advantage.
"Come at me with all that remains of you! I shall follow suit!" the Nameless Swordsmet yelled, swiftly cutting a piece of bamboo from one of the remaining stalks on the ground and attaching it to his empty side. Metatsuga dematerialized, sheathed apparently, and a flame in the shape of a knife replaced it.
"I take weapons from the enviornment and forge another from my burning soul! Let us bring an end to this meaningful battle, warrior!" the wanderer bellowed, his power level resonating throughout the area. I don't have to tell you it's over 9000, now do I?

Fake Nameless Swordsmet: 70 HP (metal) [BambooKnife] [FireKnife]

Voltman.exe: 170 HP (metal)
Voltman fired off his first attack quickly, watching the lightning fly towards the Metool standing calmly in the epicenter of what was soon to be a massive blast. He was standing completely still, when suddenly... he wasn't. He didn't move, he just disappeared. Voltman heard a swishing sound from behind him, feeling the blade crash into his barrier, he didn't move, but simply retaliated with a strike of his own. Letting out a roar, he swung the sword around in an flaming arc, which caught the Swordsmet soundly in the side of his hat at the same time Metatsuga carved a deep gash in Voltman's armor. He grimaced, letting out a surprised gasp, and sliding back slightly from the force of the blow. It wasn't over yet, though, and Voltman gathered pulses of energy from the net before letting them fly in a blast of electricity. The enemy rolled to the side with incalculable swiftness, before pushing off of one diminutive foot and charging at Voltman. Readying his Firesword, he charged straight towards his opponent, both readying their swords. What came next was a flurry of blows, metal and fire swinging around each other in a twisted mass, both Voltman and the Swordsmet letting fly countless strikes in the few moments they were passing each other. A moment later, it was over. Voltman's Firesword shattered as he landed on one knee, and he sent the remains of the damaged chip to Shigeru for recovery. Turning, he saw the enemy severely damaged, and he too felt the minute wounds of the battle beginning to take their toll, even after his healing.

Both were still, for the moment. Neither dared to break the silence, when suddenly a murmur by Shigeru floated across the battlefield. For better or for worse, the battle has just been decided... Voltman glanced sharply at his operator, a look undoubtedly telling him to shut up. Nameless almost seemed amused, or Voltman thought he did, unable to discern much emotion from the face nor voice of his persistent foe. Show me more of your belief, warrior, this battle shall reach its end in the next few blows. Come at me with all that remains of you! I shall follow suit! Nameless suddenly whipped Metatsuga around, slicing off one of the remaining stalks of bamboo and attaching it to an empty hilt, which sent a sharpening pulse along the blade, turning it into a formidable weapon. Metatsuga's blade then dematerialized, being replaced with a Firesword in miniature, but with just as powerful a flame. I take weapons from the environment and forge another from my burning soul! Let us bring an end to this meaningful battle, warrior! The declaration rang out surprisingly loudly for one so small, energy radiating from the small form in waves. Voltman paled beneath his visor, and Shigeru was uncharacteristically silent. Looking at the meager supply of chips remaining, Shigeru sent all four.

Voltman reviewed what he had left. Four chips, none reliable, none powerful. How was he going to win...? No! Regardless of how dim the situation looks, I've got to keep fighting! Voltman activated two of the chips, throwing his arms out to the side as his hands disappeared, Cactiball chips attaching to his wrists simultaneously. Charging, Voltman drew energy from the terrain in bursts when his feet came into contact with the ground, a barrier soon fully formed around him. Careful to stay distant from the Swordsmet, Voltman dashed around the area, trying to get to where he could fire off a clean shot with one of the spiked orbs. A faint red and blue glow began to shift around Voltman's armor, mingling with the electric barrier as he continued to zip around the field. Without warning, Voltman leaped into the air, spinning once before launching one of the Cactiball chips at the enemy. One down... Three left...

Voltman's armor was undergoing a curious transformation. Or, rather, the air around his armor was undergoing a curious transformation. The barrier that had only moments previously been slightly yellowed, but all but invisible, had in the span of a few seconds solidified into a weave of red and blue, changing at random. The energy began to slowly change its random course, stopping the swirling of energy in favor of a slow current, moving towards Voltman's armored forearms. Voltman's free hand was soon obscured by clouds of red and blue energy, and as he raised his arm the energies seemed to become more energetic, swirling and weaving with renewed intensity. Voltman looked away from the blinding lights coming from his hand, and murmured I hope this works... as he gave the battlechip's coding full reign over its destructive and healing abilities. The colors flashed almost too quickly to be seen now, coming to a head when Voltman released them into the air. A dome of shimmering red and blue flew outwards, encompassing the battle and sweeping over the two combatants. Voltman checked his HP count in an attempt to see what the DBLCUBE had done, but the random coding of the battlechip had left it indecipherable for the time being. There was no choice, then, but to continue fighting without knowing the outcome. Glancing at the Cactiball in his hand, Voltman felt that a twisted countdown was signaling the end of the battle, one way or another. He had no way of knowing that this countdown was being dictated by his operator. Two down... Two left...

The second Cactiball was beginning to weaken, its code not having been made for surviving long periods of time in the open battlefield. Voltman opted for a close range attack this round, charging to one of the only places he suspected the Swordsmet wouldn't expect him to go: closer to the fire and wood blades. Swinging around his arm, using the weight of the Cactiball to speed his swing, he felt a small drain on his energy from using the Wood element chip. As much as he had to admit that they were somewhat useful, it didn't soften the blow that wood had a natural tendency to absorb his electricity. Stumbling, Voltman blanched as he remembered the Swordsmet's new weapons. A small knife made of fire... and likewise, a knife made of bamboo. Bamboo! Why didn't I see it before...?! Voltman renewed his run with doubled intensity, summoning the cannon as he ran. Expecting the worse, he charged the cannon as he ran, supporting the heavy weapon with his arm. Voltman suddenly let go of the weapon, sliding his foot against the metal flooring as he turned quickly, taking aim with the cannon. He aimed quickly, not wanting to waste any time that the enemy could use to catch up and deal a deadly slash with his dual blades. Recoil shot down his arm as the attack fired, a white blast of energy flying towards the opponent. Turning, Voltman tried to flee the enemy's range.
And now... it's all down to Voltman.

Voltman stopped. He was running... why? If he only ran from what he had to face eventually, he would never finish anything. Turning slowly, he summoned a spear. Valiant opponent... while it is true that I cannot fashion my weapons from the terrain as you can... Voltman began to charge the spear with as much energy as he could muster, the head of the spear beginning to glow with the electricity being transferred to it. Voltman continued, facing his opponent, weak from battle, but still very much alive. ...and while I have not studied the art of battle, nor learned from it, as long as you have... The shaft of the spear was beginning to glow, the tip having long since surpassed the term "bright". ...I, too, draw power from my soul! The desire for battle, the desire to learn what we can from the Way... this is the power we both draw from our souls! Now come, let's finish this! Voltman struck the bottom of the spear against the metal flooring, sending out a wave of electricity. Gripping the shaft of the spear with both hands, the electricity in the spear and in his body interchanging freely, Voltman charged at his opponent. He only saw the enemy, his swords, as he charged with his only remaining weapon, his trusty spear. Letting out a roar, Voltman leapt into the air, swinging it around in a deadly arc, the electricity in the spear shooting out from the head, Voltman's hand likewise shooting bolts of lightning over the field. ELECTRIC BLAZE!

Overview:
1. Cactiball to The Nameless Swordsmet (20x3, Wood)
2. DBLCUBE (40 to The Nameless Swordsmet, or 30 Heal to Voltman, Random)
3. Cactiball to The Nameless Swordsmet (20x3, Wood)
4. Cannon to The Nameless Swordsmet (40)
5. Electric Blaze to The Nameless Swordsmet (120, x2 due to Metal panels, Elec)
The air rumbled, the ground cracked, and lightning swarmed around the battlefield. The warriors let out guttural battle cries as they charged toward each other. Voltman threw his first Cactball, easily dodged by a simple shift to the side by the advanced virus, who continued charging. The DBLCUBE's random energy fired, washing a blue light over the electric navi. Continuing forward, the amplified virus roared, smashing his FireKnife into Voltman's barrier. The electric swordsman threw another Cactball at the Swordsmet, who flipped over it, somersaulting forward into the air and landing behind Volt.
"SPEAR!" the wanderer shouted, stabbing Voltman cleanly in the back with his BambooKnife, gutting through the navi's chest. Data burst out of the wound, signifying a fatal hit. Nameless rent his arm out, whereupon Voltman blasted Nameless in the face with a Cannon. The Swordsmet snarled, before smirking at Voltman's words.
"I fear nothing but fear itself. Loss, is another of life's lessons," Nameless mused, before charging straight at Voltman, who fired his signature attack at the Metool, shattering both blades and slowly disintegrating his hat.
"UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" such was the roar of pain that echoed throughout the area as Nameless toppled to the ground. The virus lied still, his ruined hat over his eyes so his expression could not be seen.
The battle routine disengaged, and the bamboo grove scenery, along with the metal floor, disappeared. However, no rewards registered within the area. Maybe you should go up and talk to him?

Fake Nameless Swordsmet: DEFEATED

Terrain: Normal

Voltman.exe: 80 HP

-VICTORY-
REACTION COMMAND: Talk to Nameless Swordsmet.
GAH!
Voltman let out a cry as the sword impaled him, slicing more than half his HP from its count. Undeterred, he finished the match. And as the battle routine ended, the Metool motionless on the ground, Voltman diverted some of his energy to cover the wounds, out of the battle. He walked up to the Swordsmet carefully, but seeing no response, he knelt beside the defeated enemy.
Up, friend. You have lost the match, but you were a fierce opponent. Voltman lifted the enemy, surreptitiously checking to see if he could find what the enemy used to hold its weapons. Perhaps... perhaps we shall meet again, on the fields of battle. What say you?
Nameless smirked as he opened one eye, somehow moving his hat back a little bit.
"Yes, that is for sure, navi," the Swordsmet admitted before coughing and getting back up. He drew Metatsuga once again, and faced Voltman.
"Hold out your hand," Nameless commanded. (DON'T CARE, I'M JUST GETTING THIS DONE.) The electric swordsman obeyed and the virus tapped his blade twice on the navi's palm. An ancient tome of indescribable size and a leather sack appeared in the warrior's hand. Nameless sheathed his sword and tilted his hat, looking inquiringly at Voltman.
"You might meet him, the real Nameless Swordsmet that is," the virus commented, shuffling his feet and turning toward the horizon. "Until we meet again, Voltman! I, who also bears no name, shall remember this lesson. You too, may study upon my way," he bellowed, gesturing at the book, "And add to your myriad of style. Farewell!" And with that, a cold wind blew over the battlefield, cherry blossom petals swirled about, and in a flash, the Metool was gone.
Well, those are some interesting rewards you have in that pouch, let's take a look.

-REWARD DISTRIBUTION-
Get: 1000z, FireKnife, Way of the Swordy (Key Item)
As the enemy turned away dramatically, Voltman rather ruined the moment by falling flat on his face from the weight of the tome, and the exhaustion of the battle. Shigeru, with a small grin, jacked his navi out.