Dinner and movie... well just dinner.

The metroline pulled into station right on time, like clockwork as usual. Among the people exiting the train, a relatively tall girl with silvery blue-tinged hair and slightly tanned skin was among them, stretching her arms in the air a little as soon as she could break away from the main flow of the crowd still coming from the train.
"Ahh, I always get so cramped in there. I know they've made mass transit systems far more comfortable than they've been in the past, but they still do this too me when their crowded."

She placed her hands on her lower back and pushed, a few popping noises coming out and Kasumi gritting her teeth at it. She hated that sound and feeling that went along with it, but it was better than feeling half hunched all day. Looking back at the train, she waved to someone still getting out. "Hey Mazer, hurry up!"
Mazer emerges from the train, adjusting his hat as he steps on to the platform.

"I'm coming, Miss Misumaru!"

Mazer quickens his pace to catch up to her, and walks along side.
"Please, Mazer, call me Kasumi." She said politely with a smile. "Or Remi if you want. Some of my closer friends call me that. Long story."

They walked a little bit, leaving the metroline behind them. ACDC was mostly a residential area, as was obvious with all the houses, but had quite a few restaurants, shops, and so-forth for the convenience of the residents there. Pretty soon Kasumi stopped at a very Japanese-looking building, the smell of hot food wafting out from behind the traditional half-curtained entryway. Kasumi inhaled deeply, smiling again.

"Ahh, I love this place. I eat here alot, so they know me pretty well." she said, exhaling again. "I think this restaurant has been here since my dad was little too, but from what he tells me, its been always very good since back then."

She stepped forward, lifting the cloth with her hand and stepped inside, still holding it open for Mazer. The inside was very much like an old Japanese restaurant, obviously a bit more technologically inclined though, what with the lights, jack in terminals at the tables, etc. But it still had a sort of rustic charm to it, something very traditional still intact. A waitress in a half-kimono uniform bearing the name of the restaurant stepped up with some menus.
"Table for two, ma--" The waitress then seemed to recognize the girl standing infront of her. "Oh hi Remi! Great to see your back from Netopia. Here, I'll get you a seat right away."
"Sure thing, Kasumi."

Mazer follows Kasumi out of the station and down the street. He looks around at the different houses and restaurants. He sees a few people out on the sidewalks; they seem very friendly. Most of them smile as the pair passes by. A white house with a arcing blue roof catches his eye and he takes a quick look before becoming quite distracted by an appetizing aroma. Mazer turns towards the delectable smell and spots a traditional Japanese restaurant, complete with the half-curtained entrance.

"Cool, this restaurant sure looks like it has been here a while. It must be a great place to have lasted this long against the competition of fast food restaurants."

Mazer follows Kasumi into the restaurant, ducking into the gap in the curtain made by Kasumi.

"Thank you."

Mazer then stops next to Kasumi. The waitress, in an interesting Kimono-like uniform, greets Kasumi enthusiastically. Kasumi really is a regular, I guess. The waitress lead the pair over to a table and handed them both menus.

"Thank you!"

Mazer opens up the menu, looking at all the different varieties of noodles, soup, fish, and meat.

"Anything you can recommend, Kasumi?"
Kasumi didn't even pick up the menu, but she leaned over close and pointed to several things on it. "Kitsune Udon is usually really good around this time because they usually make the next batch of fresh tofu after 8:00 for the dinner rush. Oyaku Don is also really good, chicken and eggs over rice. And the onigiri they make ehre are quite good as well, you might want to get a couple of them. other than that, its really hard to find anything bad on the menu, hell I'm still looking."

The waitress approached the table with her note pad, smiling at Kasumi. "So, will it be the usual Remi?"
"Yes please." Kasumi responded, handing her the menu.
"Ok thats the gouyaku don and three sake onigiri. And waht you you like sir?" She inquired to Mazer, after marking Kasumi's order down on her pad.
"I'll go with the Oyaku Don, and an order of Onigiri please"

The waitress scribbled down the order, then looked back to Mazer.

"What would you like to drink, sir?"

Mazer passes the menu to the waitress.

"Some ice water would be great, thank you."

She then looks down to Remi.

"What would you like to drink today, Remi?"
((Heh, Oyaku Don, Onigiri, and Ice water.... thats exactly what I had for dinner tonight at that Japanese restaurant I went to after posting that. Funny how that works. I wasn't expecting to do that.))

"Some Ramune soda if you have any.... and a little... you know...." Kasumi mimed holding a bottle and tilting her head back. The waitress looked a concerned. "You know we shouldn't give you alcohol. Your still underage, Remi...." The waitress said in subdued tones.

Kasumi leaned over, and whispered, "come on Misaki, I may be as old as you but I at least look like I'm 20 as far as anyone else is concerned. And the owner already said he's fine with it many times before...."

Misaki looked around to see if anyone was watching, out of habit more than anything. "Oh, alright, since its a special occasion..." She winked at Mazer suspiciously, which Kasumi didn't catch. "... but only one bottle."
Kasumi put three fingers in the air. "Three."
"Two, okay?" Misaki said kinda defiantly. Kasumi nodded and smiled, and the waitress Misaki ran off to the kitchen, Kasumi laughing a little. "Heh, she's so gentle looking, being assertive doesn't fit her at all. But then again, thats Misaki, awkward as always. She's even like that in school too, although she rarely has to be assertive as much there."
((Weird how these things work out, huh?))

Mazer can't help but smile after watching the exchange between Remi and the waitress, Misaki. He then became a little nervous when he saw Misaki wink at him when she mentioned the dinner being a "special occasion." Remi didn't react to the waitresses covert expression; she must have not seen it.

"Heh, you really are a regular around here."

Mazer then shifts his body over towards Remi and spoke in a low voice,

"We'll just say I bought the drink, if the need arises."
((Just so you know about what I'm doing in this post, this actually isn't her being arrogant or anything. Its considered rude in Japan to pour your own alcohol, hence why she asked to get some poured.))

Kasumi looked up from her PET, which she was jacking that little doll of XIII into. It immediately sprang to life and began walking around on the table, relatively unhindered by the thin cable attached to its backside.

"hmm, ok. That sounds like a plan too," Kasumi remarked as a cup of ice water and two bottles of piping-hot sake were brought to the table by a different waitress, along with two cups. Kasumi picked up one of the cups, looking at it. "huh, they gave us two. Guess they thought you wanted a drink. Well your welcome to have some."

She held up the cup to XIII, while the little navi doll was heading towards the sake bottles. "Pour some for me, please," she asked sweetly. With surprising strength and dexterity for such a small robot, XIII picked up the bottle like ti was light as a feather and tipped it over onto the lip of Kasumi's cup until it was full, then setting the bottle back down as it had been.

"See he can be useful now and then," she said jokingly while patting the XIII robot with her two fingers. Taking a sip then draining the tiny cup, she sighed relaxing a bit deeper into the chair. "Man they've got good stuff here," she said in a subdued voice, holding out her cup again and XIII once again moving into action to get it refilled. "The owner brews sake as a hobby, and he sells that stuff here. Likes to test out his new experiments on willing customers once a month too. Kinda popular event too, now that I think about it..."
((Good to know. I'll remember that when I go to Japan next year))

Mazer watches curiously as Kasumi hooks up the little robotic doll and almost jumps as it started to move. His face moves down to the level of the table, watching the robot's every move. Mazer has never seen a robot this small before!

"Wow! That robot is fantastic! It looks like it's packed with servos, but it's so small..."

Mazer catches himself marveling at the pint-sized robot and eases back into his chair. Mazer focuses back on Kasumi as the drinks came to the table.

"Thanks, if it is alright with you." Mazer said, referring to the second sake cup.

Mazer then looks back to the little robot excitedly as it easily picks up and manipulates the sake bottle. The robot was definitely shorter than the bottle and maybe half as heavy, at the most. The little robot finishes pouring and looks up to Kasumi as she pats it's little head. Mazer gently takes his empty cup and slides it closer to the robot.

"XIII, may I have some sake please?"

Without showing any difficulty with its task, it skillfully fills the cup and places the bottle back without spilling a drop.

"Thank you very much."

Mazer takes a small sip from his cup as Kasumi speaks.

"That sounds interesting. I'm not surprised it would be a popular event. Have you tried any of the owner's experiments?"
"Not often," The XIII doll suddenly replied in the Navi's voice. "Remi has on occasion in the past, but since she's still under age, he suggested that its best she doesn't attend what is essentially a wine tasting night."

Kasumi nodded in agreement with XIII, draining her cup again and having it refilled.
"As far as this doll here goes, I call it a tenshi-proxy, of course it has to be strong. I made it small enough to be portable, yet strong enough to be actually useful. The trick isn't just having alot of tiny servos though."

She leaned back sipping on her cup again, trying to remember everything. "Its more in how they are used, maximizing the efficiency for each one rather than simply stressing one to its limit and using others to assist it like many machines do. I got the idea originally from biology class when we were studying the human anatomy." Kasumi placed her cup down and grabbed a paper napkin from teh dispenser and a pen from her pocket, starting to scribble down a very rough cross-section of a human limp. It looked a bit like an arm.

Kasumi seemed to be in one of her "scientist modes" that she gets into now and then, mostly out of enthusiasm for mechanics and the like. At times when she's like this, it seems almost like she's a different person, but at the same time her minor eccentric and slightly wild behavior definitely seems more natural. "In human anatomy, strength and dexterity derive from control of the joints and the muscles attached to them. You see, the skeletal system provides support regardless of any driving mechanism, hence the increased strength and stability when joints are in the locked positions. But the true strength lies in that the muscles, aka the driving systems or motors, don't move the joint itself, but rather move the two connecting bones, thus the force is equalized throughout the joint rather than just at the center of the two like a pivot."

She sketched another thing right next to the human arm that looked like a robotic arm, or more simply two rods and a motor-like symbol connecting them. "In a classical mechanics design for robots, it was used where the motor would simply be the pivot. While this allowed for more simplistic design physically, the truth is that all resistance and force is focused solely on where the two "bones" meet, meaning the efficiency of the motor is reduced by a variable of force from what tis trying to move, hence the supposed need for stronger motors and servos to handle the stress. no matter what, when your trying to make a joint like this though, the focal point of the joint will always be the weakest part of the structure." She then moved down the napkin again, sketching yet another rough doodle that seemed to be a slight combination of the two previous ones.

"The human muscles have a driving force attached to the bones themselves, so instead of all force and resistance being put on the joint where they meet, more is put onto the bones themselves, the true support of the entire simple "machine", and therefore are able to divert and absorb most of the resistance away form the driving mechanism, allowing for more power to be utilized and drawn from them without resistance hindering it as much...." she looked up after draining another small cup of sake that XIII had poured for her. ".... of course that is ideally speaking this is if people use their muscles properly all the time. If everyone knew exactly how to distribute the the forces consciously on their muscles and bones, there would be less self inflicted injuries in athletics."

Kasumi took another sip again, her pen/pointer returning to the third doodle. This was probably her 4th or 5th cup by now, and it still looked like she was just drinking water. Even though she seemed a little buzzed from the alcohol, despite her energetic and enthusiastic mood from explaining mechanics being unaffected if not making her seem a little crazier than usual, the girl definitely looked like she could hold her liquor better than most adult, Irish, dock-working types. "Anyway, borrowing a little from plans I saw in my dad's office concerning those new copy-bots Scilab is trying to develop, I managed to construct a different mechanical structure for this doll, using servos on both sides of all the joints not to torque and rotate at the focal point, but rather pull and release a series of very small string/cables connected between each of them, allowing for the force to be distributed onto either side of the fulcrum more like a human arm or something." She drew a few circles on the doodle and a few lines connecting them to represent the cables and the servos in relation to how they worked.

"Well ummm.... so..." Kasumi fluster a little, blushing a little all of a sudden. It was at that point Kasumi realized how much she lost her usual reserve in favor of a frenzied and very nerdy explanation of mechanics. It wasn't uncommon for her to kind of zone out when describing something like this to someone, and she always felt like that person looked at her weird afterwards, like she was a little crazy. Still, she tried to wrap it up as best she could, already mentally kicker herself for going overboard again. "... Anyway, yeah. The earlier prototypes of this were a bit jerky in movement and prone to instability like being able to stand and such. They were also a little bigger too, as larger parts were easier to find from pretty much any hardware store. But after borrowing a bit more from the Scilab plans, this time my with my father's knowledge since he was curious in it, I managed to better control the retraction and extension of the cables via regulation of the servos to better suit fluid movement, and the application of a rudimentary balance detection system, I could make him walk and stand while carrying loads like XIII is now..."

She pointed the pen at XIII who was at the time putting the bottle back down from refilling her glass once again. "I even managed to get some smaller custom made parts from Scilab, a bit of a birthday gift one year from my dad and his co workers. However, shortly after I realized I wouldn't be able to get a battery to last that long while keeping it small and compact, I just decided to gut a lot of the internal processors, running them through a special program on my PET as it would be attached to it for power anyway. That simplified the work I did on it by alot, most of the adjustments I made form then on being made in the software's ratios and measurements rather than physically altering the design of the proxy." The girl put her pend back down on the table and leaned back, sighing a bit and taking another sip from her fresh glass of sake.

"But yeah, that kinda leaves me with my current model of Tenshi-proxy, number 5.5 I believe, as the most developed prototype so far. I have been working on a way to continue to run the software out of the PET, but get rid of the cord by using a bluetooth wireless connection instead of a remote control radio signal like the earlier ones. Yet the problems with the battery constraints become even worse, since bluetooth technology draws even more energy than usual..." She stopped herself, blushing again, realizing that without even knowing it she had slipped back into her same lecture again. It was probably the sake loosening her lips by now. Kasumi wasn't a chatty drinker usually, but then again, rarely did she get involved with mechanics discussions while drinking anyway.

"S-s-sorry, I kinda lost track of myself. Half of what I said was pretty confusing to you I'm sure, but probably just as boring as well. You don't need to listen to me when I ramble on like that...." She still was a little red in the face from having embarrassed herself yet again, so she was trying to hide it the best she could. That proved a difficult task so she stopped and just started drinking silently again, downing about three more cups of sake in rapid succession hoping the effects of the alcohol would soon kick in and make her forget her embarrassment at least until morning.
Mazer is surprised yet again as the little robot replied to his question, sounding just like XIII. He continued to listen as Kasumi started to describe the Tenchi-proxy. Mazer easily followed her words, the concepts were a brilliant blend of basic human biology and mechanical physics. He listened intently, his eyes swapping from Kasumi's face to the doodles on her napkin. Mazer occasionally sips his cup as he listens to Kasumi. He finishes his cup and puts it down. The Tenchi-proxy notices his cup is empty and nimbly fills his cup. Mazer glances down as he thinks about Kasumi when she paused.

That makes perfect sense. But what is truly impressive is that she seems to have built it herself! Well, being the daughter of a high up SciLab scientist probably helps.

Kasumi seemed to catch herself lecturing Mazer on the subject and blushed. It was a little funny to see her trying to cover her embarrassment.

"No, I understand what you mean. The joint servos are overall inefficient, so you are basically making a mechanical "muscle structure" out of cables being pulled by servos to imitate stretching and contracting muscles. A little off the subject though, are you planning on working in SciLabs or do you have something else in mind?"
Kasumi relaxed a great deal, seeming much less embarrassed. For the first time going on a partially drunk lecture on mechanics to somebody, she was at least lucky enough to have someone who atleast understood what she was talking about. "Yeah thats the basic concept alright. But as far as what I'm doing for work later in life, well I view SciLab as one of my options. Granted its looking like the best career choice, but I don't want to completely close myself off from any other possibilities yet either."

The last bit of sake in the first bottle was poured into her cup which she slowly drank, her expression one of thoughtfulness and contemplation, albeit mild drunkenness as well, but a far cry from her enthusiastic and excited mood a few minutes ago. The way Kasumi looked, it was most likely she had been asked this question many times before, probably not able to give a better answer than the one she just gave.
"To be honest, I personally don't think that far ahead in my future, not that often anyway. I'm lucky enough to be gifted with very useful skills and intelligence. Even though I'm in my last year of high school, I've been studying at college level since my junior year. I could actually be in college right now if I wanted to skip a year of high school, but I wanted to graduate with my friends."

"I've managed to keep that a secret from most of them too, luckily" Kasumi inhaled deeply after finishing the last bit of her cup. She put it down on the table, but didn't ask for a refill from the second bottle right away. "I pretty much try to live for now, since I'm mostly set where the future is concerned. Enjoying time with my friends, keeping up with college work, pretending to be still studying high school stuff in class, fiddling around with machines, and obviously..." She pointed at the XIII robot again, who was sitting down on the table listening to the conversation. "... trying to allow XIII to leave his PET and interact in the real world instead of just the networks all the time."

Kasumi chuckled a bit. "Hell that last one is probably the thing that's gotten me a possible position at SciLab already. Dad was really impressed, really proud too 'cause he probably thinks I get it from him. Most likely he's correct on that though, my family has had a lot of scientists over the years." She was silent again for a few seconds, like she was thinking of something again, but soon broke that silence with a question. "So Mazer, what's your story? I mean, I know a little bit about you by now, but I still barely know you." She held out her cup once again, and XIII sprung into action, lifting up the second, full bottle and filling her up.
"My story? Well, where should I begin?"

Mazer shifts in his seat and pulls his PET out of his pocket and on to the corner of the table.

"I was born into a military family, my father is now a retired Lieutenant Colonel. My mother is a school nurse at my old high school, where my brother is finishing his senior year. Since 'home is where the Army sends you,' we moved around a lot; about every two years. My father retired when I was a senior in high school, so my family is now staying put until my brother finishes college."

Mazer takes another sip from his sake cup, and continues speaking.

"After high school, I went off to Electopia University to major in Aerospace Engineering. I went through two years and just felt burnt out. So I am taking a year off to unwind. About a year and half ago, I decided to get my pilots license over the summer. Now I fly whenever I can!"

Mazer's PET lights up and Machman's face shows up on the screen, staring at Mazer.

"Oh! Sorry about that, Machman."

Mazer chuckles and takes another sip from his cup.

"I received Machman as a gift from my family when I was 19. I still think I was the last person on the planet to get a NetNavi. He was just a NormalNavi until about 6 months after first meeting him."

Machman pipes in. [And then you know the rest. I merged with some spectral Navi data. The navi's mind and body merged with mine, and now I am the result.]

"Nowadays, I spend my time doing research to help ease into school next year, and fly to keep my mind and body sharp. I've been looking for some work, but haven't really found-"

Mazer is interrupted by the sight of delicious food heading towards their table.

"Ah! The food is here!"
"Well I certainly hope you get your pilot's license." Kasumi remarked, her head turning to see their food coming. "Maybe you can take me up in your plane for a spin someday, huh?"

The waitress was coming back with a tray of food, definitely just out of the kitchen, judging from the thick yet heavenly smell emanating from it. The little XIII robot quickly stepped back a bit as two covered bowls and two trays with the salmon-stuffed rice balls were set down.
The girl moved to pick up one of the bottles, putting it back on her larger serving tray. "Wow, you two already powered through a bottle already? Anyway, sorry the food took so long. The main stove's been on the fritz since we downloaded that new software to it, even that nice repairman this morning was having trouble repairing it."

"Feh, don't worry about it." Kasumi said, sipping a little more sake from her cup. "If you want I'll take a look at it... well tomorrow I will. Its best to do stuff like that sober..."
Misaki smiled, and replied with a "Thanks Remi" before running off back to the kitchen.

The slightly drunk girl turned back to Mazer. "Hmm, yeah. Akiko, another friend of mine, her father's in the military. She was kinda like that too, bouncing here and there when he was reassigned." She snapped her chopsticks apart and opened the top of the covered bowl, all the steam coming from the rice, beef, and egg escaping along with a delicious smell. "Must be hard on a kid, growing up like that. Luckily for her though, her father finally managed to get promoted to a rank where he could choose his own station, and they moved here some four years ago.... ittadakimasu..." Kasumi clapped her hands saying the traditional thanks for the food, and began eating by shoving a large piece of steaming beef into her mouth.

"But about Mach, merging with that unknown data," Her words were kinda garbled from the food in her mouth, so she quickly chewed and swallowed it before continuing. "... I've heard of cases like that but never seen it before. I'm told it makes a navi seem more intelligent and human like in most cases. I guess thats why a couple of the researchers at SciLab asked me one time if that happened to XIII. TO be honest though, XIII's always been like that since I've known him, and I can't even remember back to when I didn't have him. But you seem to be just as well bonded to your navi, despite only having him so recently..."

She shoveled a bit more of the bowl's contents in her mouth, and started reaching for one of the rice balls after she swallowed. Kasumi definitely seemed like both a heavy drinker and eater by now, judging from her ravenous appetite, but in her defense, the food was really good as always.
"Hmm, so do you know where you ran into that spectral data? I'd be kinda curious to exami--"

There suddenly was a large explosion sound coming from the kitchen, which made everyone in the restaurant look over to see the flickering lights of flames coming form the doorway as the chefs and waitresses were running out. Kasumi grabbed one of the waitresses passing by on the sleeve.
"Whats going on?"
The girl looked very panicked and worried. "The main stove suddenly turned itself on and started shooting flame jets everywhere! Nothings caught fire yet, but a couple of girls and a chef are still trapped in there by it! Please let go, I need to call the fire department!"

Kasumi's hand released her sleeve and the girl ran off to the phone behind the front desk, rapidly dialing the numbers and describing the emergency to the person who picked up on the end.

There was a bit of yelling coming from the kitchen mixed into the sounds of the stove's malfunctioning jets going off. But one voice in particular seemed very familiar.
"Misaki!" Kasumi said with horror, realizing that her friend was one of the people still trapped in there. She immediately started running for the kitchen doorway. "Mazer, come on! We've got to get them outta there!"
"Wow this looks good!"

Mazer opens up his covered bowl, splits his chopsticks, and digs in. He was absolutely starving! Right before his chopsticks hit the meat, he catches himself.

"Ittadakimasu."

Mazer sighs as he relishes the taste of the outstanding food. He almost wants to slow down to enjoy it longer.

"I have my license now, I have logged about 50 hours of flight time. If you want, I can organize a time so I can take you up."

Mazer takes a sip from his cup and continues to eat as Kasumi spoke about her friend, and then about Machman. He stopped eating to answer her questions.

"We were in ACDC..."

Mazer stops, his expression changing into a frown. Something was wrong. His suspicions were confirmed when a loud explosion booms throughout the restaurant. Mazer looked towards the kitchen as employees started to flee from the now glowing room. Kasumi managed to grab one of them to ask what was going on. It seems the main stove autonomously activated and started to go ballistic. There are people trapped by the flames!

Kasumi let the waitress go to call fire department; screams and yelling were heard from the kitchen. Kasumi's face turned pale and her eyes widened as she heard the screams. "Misaki!" she cried and bolted out of her chair and bee-lined to the kitchen. Mazer was half-way out of his chair as she got up, and followed closely behind as they approached the doorway to the kitchen. Mazer tried to walk inside, but a jet of flame burst across the doorway, driving him back. He then moved his head slightly into the doorway and peeked inside to see...
It was a pretty well outfitted kitchen, lots of the latest appliances and such were laid out next to unused or have prepared ingredients. The entire kitchen was cast in a orangy-yellow-red glow from the main stove, a massive stove and oven unit near the back end that was belching out super hot jets of flame. Behind it huddled near the wall on the other side of the fiery stream were three figures; one of them looked like he was a chef, another was wearing the waitress uniform, and the third was easily identified as Maisaki. Her left sleeve looked a little singed, like she had attempted to shut it off but failed.

Kasumi ran as close as she could but suddenly stepped back, shielding her eyes from the sudden burst of flame when she drew near. It was no use, she couldn't get past, and neither could they. Plus Misaki could probably be hurt, so they need to get her and the others out fast. She turned to the main unit of the stove itself, looking all over. "Come on there's got to be a...." She saw a couple jack in ports, luckily just far enough away form the jets of flame to be safely accessed. "Bingo. Mazer, get your PET out! We need to get XIII and Machman in there to hit the virtual kill-swtich!"

Detaching the cord for the XIII doll, she yanked the PET out of her pocket, plugging in the cord and hitting the jack in switch. She was lucky enough to have had the foresight to pick it up when she left the table.

((so even though this is jsut in the stove and not the net itself, you think we shuld do the net thread in ACDC? Or will they allow it to be here?))
Mazer was able to survey the situation: The flames were making an impassible barrier between the pair and the three victims; however, there are jack in ports within reach that can access the stove's network and activate it's kill switch. Kasumi springs into action and prepares to jack in.

"Right behind you, Kasumi! Ready, Machman?"

[[i]Of course.[/i]]

Mazer inserts the jack into the port, sending Machman into the circuitry of the malfunctioning stove.

((I don't think mods really do much in the real world threads, I think we should just move it to ACDC Net to be save. We just need to let them know we are in StoveNet or something.))
((This is after the Stovecomp battle.))

Kasumi Jacked out her Navi and looked at mazer with a sigh of relief. "Thank Kami-sama thats over and no one was hurt." He barely seemed drunk right now, save for the occasional whiff of alcohol on her breath. IT was kinda scary really, that she could be completely fine after drinking so much just barely an hour or so ago.
Machman sucessfully beams back into the PET as Mazer unplugs the connection jack from the finally silent stove. He wipes the sweat off his forehead with a towel sitting a few feet away next to the kitchen's sink.

"Whew. We were really lucky to have stopped that thing in time."

Machman chimes in from Mazer's PET

[That Heelnavi... He initiated an emergency jack-out, right? The stove is likely connected to the net so we probably won't find him or his NetOp.]

"Yeah, I really wanted to get more information. His motives were just so odd. He did this because they didn't take his advice to upgrade security? Sounds fishy to me."