Planeswalker Test Arena E

The arena was blank, featureless, and gloomy. A lone Navi (wearing a distant expression) stood off to one side. Fairly bland in appearance for a custom Navi, he simply waited for the participants to make themselves ready for the battle to come.

Admin Navi (???): "When the participant has arrived and declared himself ready, we will begin the first round of the test."
Appearing in the arena, Voltman crossed his arms and looked around, a bored expression on his face.
Hm. Guess you guys aren't really going for the "wow" factor with the battle arenas here...
Voltman, shut up. Shigeru manuvered the holoscreen so it faced the Navi.
We're ready.
The Admin Navi smiled at Voltman's short commentary about the arena, obviously amused. He nodded when Shigeru declared their readiness, and suddenly (without any reason they could tell) decided to jump backwards a meter or so...

And that was the trigger.

A blood-red glow, menacing with deep-cast shadows, sprang into existence. The air behame ridiculously hot, causing the craggy rock-faces to seem to warp and twist... Rock faces? Looking down, Voltman found himself standing on a metal platform hovering above a sea of lava. Other such platforms could be seen in the distance, with stairs and catwalks connecting them. The patches of rocky ground scattered about seemed unstable, one crumbling and sinking into the inferno before Volt's eyes as a nearby volcanic cone erupted nearby... This was truly a hostile environment, and yet there had been no indication of the change before it happened....

The Admin Navi, totally unfazed by the hellish conditions, spoke to Voltman as he stood in the midst of a lava flow (or was it on it?)... "Here's the data describing the conditions you will have to endure for this segment of the test. Please take the next few minutes to review it, and we will begin the scenario. If you have any questions, please ask them at any time during the test."

Quote ()

Lava
-Deals Fire Damage to Non-Fire Elementals, reverts to Normal when triggered
-Deals Fire Damage when used w/ Panel Shot.
-Aqua Attacks change panels to Normal

Volcano
-Occasionally erupts, causing Fire Damage, spewing Meteors, and creating Lava Panels.
-Reverts to Lava Panel after 3rd eruption.
-Panel Shot treats this as a Normal Panel.

Cracked
-Changes to Broken when stepped on.
-Changes to Broken when hit with certain attacks.
-Panel Shot treats this as a Normal Panel.

Metal
-Cannot be Broken or Cracked
-Has the Break Attribute when used w/ Panel Shot.
-Increases Fire Damage (conducts heat)
-Increases Elec Damage (conducts electricity)

The administrator quietly insulated Volt from the heat while he have them both time to read and consider the data. After their grace period was over, he removed the heat shielding from Volt and spoke once more... "And now I must ask you to fight for your life."

A pair of metallic Virii burst from the river of fire. jets propelling them forwards. They opened their mouths slightly, hells own furnace burned within their masive maws... From the other direction, a pair of magtect were ejected from ports within the walls...

Voltman was surrounded.

Status

Enemies
VolgearEX A: 120
VolgearEX B: 120
Magtect A: 90
Magtect B: 90

Players
Voltman: 160 [Floor B-8]

Terrain: (enclosed area)
Lava
Volcano
Metal
Cracked
Voltman cocked his head in confusion as the navi jumped back suddenly.
Wait, what's going on? Am I supposed to fight you?
He never got an answer. He never needed one. All around him, the arena burst into flame. He yelped, looking around for an escape, but there was none. He coughed, having inhaled large amounts of scorching hot air and ash, before the heat suddenly dissappeared. Voltman looked around, confused, and couldn't figure out what had happened until the Admin navi spoke.
"Here's the data describing the conditions you will have to endure for this segment of the test. Please take the next few minutes to review it, and we will begin the scenario. If you have any questions, please ask them at any time during the test."
Voltman looked over the data, curious, before nodding once and closing the window. As soon as he did, the heat and ash returned. He was back to breathing soot. Voltman turned around, still looking for his foes, before the admin navi spoke once more.
"And now I must ask you to fight for your life."
Turning slowly, Voltman grinned at the admin navi. Around him, enemies popped up, ready for a chance to scorch or zap him, but he just grinned, and said something almost too quietly to be heard, while glancing at the viruses.
It's not MY life that's going to be taken today.
Voltman was about to call for chips when he felt the familiar surge rush through his systems. Checking what Shigeru had sent him, he grinned as the Aquablade revealed itself as one of the chips. When activated, a shining azure blade shot out of Voltman's arm, steaming from the heat in the air. Voltman lunged forward, and almost fell off the panel as his head seemed to split open with pain. He tried to reach out to push himself up, but his limbs seemed to be filled with lead. He tried to breathe, but all he got was a mouthful of ash.
Air... I need air...! How did the navi protect me earlier? A barrier? I don't have a... wait...
Gasping for breath among the ashes and searing heat, Voltman lifted his arm and created a ball of electricity in his fist, pulling as much energy from the surrounding area as he could without injuring himself. When the orb in his palm had grown to the size of a basketball, he let the energy go. The stream of electricity washed over him, blocking out the heat and the ash. He gulped down lungfuls of air, a new determination shining in his eyes, and turned to the Volgears.
You first. Then the bugs.
He looked around for a nearby ledge to jump to, but there was none. And those platforms looked as though they wouldn't last long enough for him to jump from one to the other... what was he to do?

*In Voltman's head*
MiniVolt ran up, looking around for Voltman before seeing him slumped on the chair in front of the viewscreen that showed what they saw. MiniVolt approached happily, about to ask Voltman to play with him, before seeing that his eyes were closed, his face scrunched up as he thought.
Big brother? What's wrong?
Voltman sighed, opening his eyes and swiveling the chair around to face his smaller self. When you shared a brain, it was kind of hard to get any privacy, or any quiet time to think. Heh. Imagine that. No time to think in a brain.
Well, we're battling, and I really don't know what to do. We're stuck on this platform, because we wouldn't be able to get on and off of the crumbling ground before it sunk into the lava, and we have to fight enemies that are far away. We could always use gun chips, but you know how bad an aim I am...
MiniVolt scratched his head, a puzzled expression on his face. He looked at the crumbling rocks on the screen, and back at his brother, and back at the rocks.
Whaddaya mean you can't get on and off those rocks in time? I could do that, no problem! Zip-zip and I'm on and off in no time!
The older of the two grinned, shaking his head.
Ah, but if only we had your energy and my battle prowess... we'd be invincible! Voltman exclaimed, punching his fist into the air.
Don't we? Replied MiniVolt I mean, I have the energy and you have the battle por... porow... prowow... skill.
Yes, that's true... Voltman answered ...but we can't have them both at the same time. You know that. Only one of our minds can control this body at a time. His eyes suddenly sparked, an thought having occured to him. Unless...
He walked over to a large metal plate on the wall, inputting a large code. The plate slid back, revealing a red wall behind it. Voltman quickly typed a second, larger code into it, and the red dissappeared to reveal... something. MiniVolt cocked his head to the side, confused, and with good reason. The object in the vault looked for all the world like a large metallic soccer ball.
Big brother, what's that?
Voltman lifted it carefully from its pedestal, holding it like it was a bomb about to go off. This... is a highly untested program. Shigeru and I coded it while we were waiting for this to start. If it works, and that's a BIG if, it might be able to allow both of us to control the mind for short spans of time.
MiniVolt gasped in childish awe, his eyes shining.
Can we use it?
We're going to have to. Voltman tossed it lightly, and it stayed floating at Voltman's stomach-height, also MiniVolt's head-height. Two depressions appeared on either side, shaped for Voltman and MiniVolt's hands. Voltman looked down at his counterpart.
Ready?
MiniVolt nodded, determination shining in his eyes.
Ready.
They both inserted their palms into the interface, and all hell broke loose.

*In the battle*

Without warning, Voltman's emblem began glowing white. His body began warping, attempting to find purchase between Adult.GMO and MiniVolt's form, but without any success. Limbs shrunk and grew as both minds attempted to take control of the body, and Voltman's voice deepened and lightened from a low bass to a reedy whistle as he cried to Shigeru.
Shigeru! Turn the GMO off! NOW!
Shigeru panicked for a moment, seeing the horrors Voltman was going through, before finally collecting his wits enough to say,
Adult.GMO, deactivate! DEACTIVATE!
Voltman's body stopped convulsing, all of the limbs shrinking to MiniVolt size. When the transformation was complete, the small navi turned to Shigeru's holoscreen, rage shining in his eyes.
Alright, alright. Shigeru replied to the steely stare. There are still a few kinks to be worked out...
A few kinks? A FEW KINKS?!? MiniVolt replied, his voice lacking the usual kiddie accent. What the heck just happened?! One moment I'm conversing with MiniVolt and
Voltman suddenly stopped talking, garbling a few words before starting up again, this time with the childish drawl.
Shiggy, what happened? I was just talking to big brother when bad stuff started happening and it kinda scared me.
Shigeru's eyes nearly popped out of his head, as his brain tried to comprehend what was going on. It was MiniVolt's body, yes, but they were both controlling it! The program had worked! He was about to talk MiniVolt down, when Voltman took control once more.
Well, I suppose it can't be helped. Work on the change, huh? And I'll take care of things here.
Voltman brought his arm up, realizing instantly something was wrong. He couldn't put his finger on it, though...
Suddenly, it hit him. He sighed, snapping his fingers and calling out one word.
Aquablade!
The blade shot out of his arm once more, the change having temporarily deactivated it to avoid damage. Raising his arm, he slashed the air twice, an X of steam appearing in the air. He nodded once, and then jumped into the air, and landed on the side of the platform. Inching his toes over the edge, he suddenly tilted over the side, falling towards the magma. At the exact moment he was about to lose all grip, he pushed off the metal square and flew towards the nearest formation of crumbling rocks. Flipping around, he landed on his feet before scampering up the side of the small pile, chunks of stone falling into the magma behind him. When he reached the top, he pushed off once more, heading towards the nearest metal platform. He leapfrogged over the railing of a metal stairway, landing on a steel panel behind it, before jumping over several more gaps. He continued this quick, erratic pattern until he was right next to the flaming viruses, before jumping straight in between them. A strange hiss was heard as he passed them, and when he approached the next platform, he flipped several times, landing with a metallic clang on the next platform. A line of steam hovered directly where he had slashed... and the Volgears were right in its path. He lifted the tip of the sapphire blade to the front of his face, blowing the steam away from the tip as an old west cowboy might blow the smoke off of the barrel of his gun.
Oh, yes... Voltman said, bending his legs slightly in preparation for the next jump ...I could definitely get used to this.
Whatever! Talk later! Battle now!
Shiggy has a point, big brother.
And stop calling me Shiggy!
A spear appeared next to MiniVolt's small form. Grabbing it, Voltman twirled it around his body a few times, the weapon leaving momentary afterimages of itself from the speed it was moving. Setting up a small subprocess to channel electricity into the weapon while he approached the enemy. Leaping to the nearest structure, one of the volcanoes, he felt a not-so-small rumble from within it. Better hurry, big brother! MiniVolt commented. Voltman replied with a grunt as he leaped from near the top to another metal platform. This time, he ran up the stairs, using the extra height to add length to his next jump. Vaulting over the railing, he stretched his arms as far as they could go, barely catching the next platform. Flipping onto the platform, he made a small, quick hop onto a crumbling rock beneath him. By now, the spear he had gotten out was visibly glowing with excess electricity he had been pumping into it. He grinned, knowing that it wasn't nearly at its energy threshold with the new process upgrade Shigeru had put into it. He glanced down at the magma.
How strong did Shigeru make these, anyways?
The rock was crumbling beneath his feet. He knew he only had a few more seconds before it would disintigrate entirely. So, almost without hesitation, he plunged the spear into the magma, pulled it out, and leaped away. Now, the spear was a truly magnificent sight. Glowing purest white from the energy contained in it, blue flames dancing along its head and upper shaft. Voltman could only think of one thing as he looked at the item.
This thing is going to kick SO much ass.
Summoning up the last of MiniVolt's hyperactive energy, Voltman churned the small form's legs into overdrive. His feet a blur, he sped over the remaining tiles to the Magtects as quickly as he could. Metal, volcano, magma, cracked rocks. All blurred together at the speed he was moving. Finally, he was within striking distance of the enemies. Swinging his flaming electric lance around, Voltman swung at the first Magtect, aiming for the flaming pits of hell below them. A blinding light shot out of the spear as it made contact with something, but he couldn't tell what. Without any time to spare, he whirled around towards the second Magtect, thrusting the cracked weapon at it. The blinding light shot out, the spear began to disintigrate, and at the last second possible Voltman pushed up and away on the spear, driving it further towards its target, and propelling him away. Landing on one of the metal stairways, he ran up the path to what he hoped was a safe place. Its processes exhausted, the upgrade finally shut down.

*In Voltman's head*
Voltman and MiniVolt both gasped as they pulled their hands away from the floating orb. Neither of them had realized it at the time, but they had both been holding their breath. MiniVolt looked up at his big brother, excitement still shining in his eyes through the exhaustion.
Can we do it again?
Voltman just collapsed on the floor.

Overview:
1. Electric Drain (60 HP barrier)
2. Hyperactive Aquasword to VolgearEXA/B (80x2 to each, high accuracy)
3,4. Hyperactive Molten Lightning Spear to Magtects (10x5 Elec damage each, 10x5 Fire damage each, 1 free dodge)
-Skill: Swordplay (Free Dodge)-
Voltman started off by raising an energy barrier and drawing his aqua sword. He charged at the first VolgearEX and deleted it with a flashing cut. He tried to take a swing at the second, but it was clear accross the platform from the one he'd just struck down. His attack was aborted when a wall of fire rose up to envelop him, destroying his barrier.

One of the Magtects came up from behind, began to pull him towards it, and attemped to gonnect with a powerful electric punch. It failed, as voltman merely sidestepped and stabbed it with his molten spear for it's trouble, deleting it.

Voltman took two steps forward, then lept at the final Magtect, his lighting spear in hand... He landed, dodged it's punch attack, and stabbed it through the shoulder. The spear broke through the other side and connected with the ground. The magtect jerked once, and dissipated into the oblivion of deletion.

The ground shook ominously...

Status

Enemies
VolgearEX A: Deleted
VolgearEX B: 120
Magtect A: Stabbed
Magtect B: Impaled

Players

Lava
Volcano
Metal
Cracked
As the third enemy fell into the lava, a tremor tore through the arena. Struggling to keep his balance, Voltman looked around for the Volgear that had escaped his strike. Seeing it some distance away, he could only think of one option.
Shigeru! Warp!
Lolz, Shigeru replied, a goofy look on his face, leik, U want tel3pr0t?
What? Voltman replied, confusion radiating from every feature. But he never got an answer, because Shigeru (in his 1337-sp33k trance) had slotted in the Areagrab. Voltman activated it, savoring once more the feeling of power he got from being able to move freely while everything else was in a time freeze. Bringing his legs back in preparation for a dash, Voltman closed his eyes and let the warp program do its job. When he opened them, he was glad to see the Volgear frozen in front of him. Deactivating the timefreeze, he delivered two quick, steaming slashes to the enemy before preparing to parry the flaming attack that would come if his aquablade hadn't finished the job.

Overview:
*Electric Drain barrier: 60/60 HP*
1. Areagrab behind VolgearEXB
2. Aquasword to VolgearEXB (80x2 due to weakness)
3. Aquasword to VolgearEXB (80x2 due to weakness)
-Skill: Swordplay (Free dodge)-
4. Dodge/parry (If necessary)
The final Virus is helpless to defend itself as Voltmen teleports behind it, and deletes it with his aquasword.

The ground starts shaking a bit more violently, causing the Admin Navi to raise an eyebrow speculatively... He refrains from commenting, however.

Status

Enemies
VolgearEX A: Deleted
VolgearEX B: Deleted
Magtect A: Stabbed
Magtect B: Impaled

Players

Lava
Volcano
Metal
Cracked

((First Award Earned.))
Voltman looked around. The enemies were gone, the ground was rumbling, the admin navi was just standing there and the battle routine was... still executing?! He had a few questions for the navi. Just one question, actually.
Excuse me, but what the hell is happening?!
Calm down, Voltman. I'm sure they have a good reason for whatever they're doing.
I hope so. Voltman said, tapping his foot impatiently. He'd be ready for whatever the colosseum could throw at him...
At least, he hoped he'd be ready.

(If the battle routine isn't done...
Overview:
*Electric Drain Barrier: 60/60 HP
1-4. Dodge/Stay safe)
The rumbling sound ceased suddenly, and the Admin Navi spoke to Voltman: "The next phase of your test will start soon..." His voice trailed off for a moment as he closed his eyes, seeming to savor the moment of peace. "Take a moment to survey your surroundings. This will be critical to your survival in the upcoming battles."

The Admin Navi gave Voltman time to re-check the field in greater detail...

Upon a second look, the platform Voltman was standing on had a metal staircase leading up to another higher platform, on floor B-7. From that platform, on B-7, a narrow catwalk crossed the valley to another wide platform with yet another staircase to the next floor up. The floor on B-6 was a series of smaller platforms running along the valley wall, followed by a larger platform with another staircase. Floor B-5 was a pair of semi-narrow conveyers running from the far wall to the near wall, with a small platform that had another staircase leading upwards yet again. Voltman couldn't see above that floor... Except for the glow of a pair of torch lights far above on the edge of the valley's rim, flickering against the night sky....

Now why did that seem out of place?

The Admin Navi then opened his eyes and made as if he was going to speak again... He stopped as a pair of distant thunder cracks could be heard from far above. The white robed navi looked upwards in surprise...

Then a streak of white-fire fell from the heavens, and the platform across the valley was consumed in a nova of fire... The remains that weren't outright vaporized fell into the lava wit---

A SECOND blast struck the platform next to the one Voltman was standing on, resulting in an earth-shaking explosion that sundered the huge platform and sent red-hot shrapnel flying everywhere... A jagged table-sized chunk landed less then 5 feet in front of Voltman, piercing the platform he was standing on, and lodging itself into the ground before melting the surrounding metal, and cooling again to form a permanent monument to the nearby platform's destruction... There was nothing left of the platform but it's warped and twisted support structures when the nova's light faded...

Time froze with surreal suddenness, everything fading to gray and monochrome... Then, a data screen appeared before Voltman's face for a 10 second time span...

Quote ()

Notice: Your objective is to fight your way out of the valley, floor by floor, until you reach ground level. You have 2 turns to clear each floor before the floor is destroyed. Clearing it sooner will earn you extra rounds in which to complete future floors. Every few floors, the test administrator will refresh your chip data and grant you another award marker to be traded in at the event's end for a chip.

Enjoy my modification to your test.

~ A.

Color flooded the scene once again as time resumed... The Admin Navi raised a fist and shook it at the sky while shouting "This isn't funny! You hear me?! NOT FUNNY!" He turned to Voltman and spoke clearly, yet without a trace of emotional stress "Run. I am not in control of this test."

Status

Enemies

Floor B-7
Champu A: 60
Magtect A: 90
Volgear: 80

Floor B-6 (out of range)
Champu B: 60
???: 110

Ground Level (WAY out of range)
Basher A: 120
Basher B: 120

Players

Lava
Volcano
Metal
Cracked

((Battle 2, BEGIN!!))
Voltman gripped the handrail tightly as he looked up, as per the Admin Navi's request. This was going to be a lot harder than he had originally thought. Was he supposed to fight his way up and survive those platforms at the same time? he didn't see any other possibilities. He ran for the stairs, when a sudden crack rent the air in two. He clutched his head momentarily, trying to regain his hearing, when a fiery blast tore apart one of the platforms. He started to run up the stairs, but stopped as something behind him caught his attention. Felt, not heard (his hearing was still impaired), Voltman turned just in time to see half the platform he had been on inaccessible, a giant shard of metal lodged in the middle. His eyes widened, and he let the energy rush of narrowly avoiding death catapult him up the stairs. He stopped once more, however, as the rest of the world did the same. A datascreen appeared, and Voltman's face paled as he read about the time limit.
Just my luck...
Time unfroze, but Voltman didn't start moving again. The Admin navi was saying something.
"This isn't funny! You hear me?! NOT FUNNY!" He turned to Voltman and spoke clearly, yet without a trace of emotional stress "Run. I am not in control of this test."
Voltman recoiled as if the navi had just slugged him in the stomach.
You're WHAT?!
You heard the man! Shigeru yelled out, worry creeping into his tones. RUN!
Shigeru didn't need to tell him the second time, as Voltman was already bolting up the stairs. Noticing that his barrier had long since faded, possibly having been struck in the falling of the giant metal shard, he pumped volt after volt into the metal platform, before drawing out the energy at nearly twice what he had put in, forming it into a barrier around himself. Advancing across the platform, Voltman felt a surge of adrenaline as the sheer magnitude of the situation sank in. Spurred forth by this small energy, he ran along madly before the feeling faded away, and he found himself in the middle of the walkway, halfway across the perilous trip. Seeing flying viruses surrounding him on all sides, Voltman activated a chip Shigeru sent him, that he hadn't used in a while. The last time he had used it, it had helped take down a Cybeast. It would be enough for a small Magtect.
Say your prayers, you little magnetic bastard.
Pulling out a spear, he shortened it and placed the base against his shoulder. Taking aim with the head of his spear as one might take aim with a rifle, he took a moment to aim at the enemy. It was all he could spare. Suddenly, as if an invisible trigger had been pulled, a ball of energy flew out of the tip of the spear at tremendous speeds. A flash of light. A strange hissing sound. Silence. Voltman didn't even glance at where the enemy had been as he turned to his next two victims.
All right, guys. Let's see how well you two FRY!
Voltman threw the used spear aside, listening to the hissing it made as it hit the lava, and materialized a new one. Striking it against the metal at his feet, a change seemed to overcome the spear. The shaft started to glow yellow, moving and shifting under Voltman's grip, as the head of the spear started to burn red. When the change was complete, Voltman held the spear out in front of him horizontally, and started to spin it. The yellow shaft of electricity blurred into a circle of blinding white, while the flames of the head burned blue. When Voltman could no longer be seen from behind the wheel of fire and electricity, he struck. Suddenly, fireballs and lightningbolts began shooting out of the center of the circle, half of each homing in on each virus. As the energy faded from the spear, the spinning slowed, and the color dimmed. When all the shots had fired, Voltman looked over his weapon, now the color of charcoal, and struck the metal with it once more. The spear broke apart, splintering and turning into dust at a pile at Voltman's feet. He looked up, and gazed at the enemies above.
Then, nodding to some unheard command, Voltman turned to the stairs going up, and started to make his way toward them. He had a mission to complete. He had a fight to win.

Overview:
1. Electric Drain (60 HP Barrier)
2. Powerblast to Magtect (90)
3. Lightning Spear to Champu, Volgear (50 each, Elec)
4. Molten Spear to same (50 each, Fire)
Voltman's Powerblast sends the Magtect flying through the air into the abyss, deleting it before it hit the bottom. The remaining two viruses appear to hesitate momentarily, apparently unwilling to face off against the newcomer who had so savagely deleted their brethren. Before Voltman can capitalize on the opportunity, however, both of them launch a volly of attacks toward Voltman, splashing harmlessly against his barrier, but causing the electric shield to flicker and die (20x2 Fire + 20x2 Fire). The steel panels beneath Voltman's feet glowed bright red as they absorbed the heat energy discharged by the viruses. With great fervor, the static soldier sent a retaliatory burst of fire and electricity, blasting the two opponents into oblivion.

The electric-elemental navi was forced to rest, his system resources all but drained from the savage onslaught... which would turn out to be a rather painful mistake on his part. From the center panel, a large plume of lava erupted, washing over Voltman's body (20 to Voltman). The yellow warrior staggered to his feet, shaken and burned, but still ready for more.

From way up on the top floor, one of the turretlike viruses aimed downward, as though locking onto the ground far below...

Floor B-7
Champu A: Deleted
Magtect A: Deleted
Volgear: Deleted

Floor B-6 (out of range)
Champu B: 60
???: 110

Ground Level (WAY out of range)
Basher A: 120
Basher B: 120

Players
Voltman: 140 [Floor B-7]

Lava
Volcano
Metal
Cracked
Voltman punched his fist in the air as he watched the Magtect disintigrate before his very eyes, before turning to face his remaining enemies. He flinched, almost falling off the edge of the platform as he saw the Champu charging at him. He folded his arms in front of his face, bracing for the attack, before feeling an electric charge run through his systems. Confused, he opened his eyes, to see the Champu pummeling the barrier relentlessly, while the Volgear's flames fought to get in from the other sides. Voltman felt the energy stream back into his system as the barrier failed, and was afraid it wouldn't be enough to defend against the fiery onslaught, but it held. As the enemies retreated, Voltman's childish side overruled his sense of self-preservation, and he pointed at the enemies, taunting them.
Har har! You couldn't make it through my shield!
He wasn't laughing long. Looking down, he noticed the panel glowing red with heat. He hadn't felt it through his boots, but looking at it now, he realized the gravity of the situation. He didn't have time to lift a foot, however, before scorching magma shot out of the ground at his feet. He screeched with pain, trying to fight his way through the burning liquid rock, but it was like trying to claw his way through a brick wall. But as suddenly as it had started, it stopped. He gasped for air, and fell to his knees.
That... how...
It's the panels. The steel panels. They boost the power of electricity and fire, remember?
Voltman looked over the side of the platform.
Maybe not.
Wha?
Voltman pointed down with one of his burned fingers, directing Shigeru's attention to the volcano directly below him.
Oh...
No time to regret! I've got to keep going!
Voltman wiped his forehead with one of the less ash-coated sections of his arm, looking up. Far above, he heard a strange sound. He dismissed it as just some rocks dislodging, and turned to the stairs. Dashing across the distance left between him and the next staircase, Voltman took the metal stairs two at a time, eager to get to his next opponents. But nothing could have prepared him for what he would face next. Platforms ran along the wall, just as narrow as the bridge he had just crossed, with gaps where every other panel would be. He shook the thought of looking down from his head, and began his jumping trek across the wall. A flash of red caught his eye from the magma abyss between the walls. He turned, to see three enemies floating there. He recognized another Champu and Magtect, but a third enemy escaped his virus knowledge. Which was, if not complete, quite large. He didn't care what it was, though. He would take it out just the same.
Shigeru! The new chip, pronto!
Right! Shigeru said, slotting in the Bubblestar.
Voltman held out another spear, spinning it in front of him just as he had with the two signature attacks last turn. Then, as a blue color spread throughout the entire spear, Voltman threw it in front of him and punched it at the axis of its rotation with as much force as he could muster. But instead of splitting in half, the spear simply bent, releasing three bubbles that flew at the enemies. Voltman caught the spear, and wasted no time to toss aside the worn-out weapon. He started to charge an attack to fire at the new enemy, when a strange current passed through his feet. He harged again, only to have the same sensation of his energy doubling back upon him.
It's like... my energy is being matched by the ground! But how? Voltman wondered, before remembering what Shigeru said earlier.
The steel panels. They boost the power of electricity and fire, remember?
With a jolt, Voltman realized what the administrator navi had done. In placing him within this steel and fire arena, he'd given both Voltman and his opponents the key they needed to unlock more strength! Charging his energy once more, he felt the steel panel matching his energy, doubling the amount he could throw at the enemies. Taking aim at the strange virus, who may or may not have been hit by the bubble he had previously launched, he gathered up his electrical energy within his hands. As he finished charging his energy, he let it flow through his fingers, forming an orb hovering between his hands. As the last of his energy flew into the ball, the streams of electricity from his hands shrinking into trickles, and then stopping entirely, he drew the energy from the panel at his feet. Instantly, a second burst of electricity flew from his fingers, and the orb of energy at his hands grew to giant size. A deadly glint shone in Voltman's eyes, and he sent the orb flying at the virus. And halfway between Voltman and his target, the orb erupted with bolts of lightning, the strikes of lightning hailing down upon his target like deadly rain. Voltman punched his fist into the air victoriously.
Now THAT'S an attack!
Careful, Voltman. Shigeru cautioned. It's not over yet.
Voltman shook his head at the image of his operator.
You don't think I know that? Just let me have my moment of triumph, okay?
Fine. Take your moment. But while you're doing it, RUN!
Voltman took the advice to heart, jumping across the platforms to try to reach the next stairway. He had a challenge to complete. He thought he was home free, just leaving the two enemies to take out, but suddenly he remembered the strange sound from earlier. It may have been nothing, but... better to be safe than sorry. Especially in case another chunk of metal falls from above. He thought, readying the Areagrab. Shigeru shook his head as Voltman completely ignored their recent upgrades, and readied the Hyperactivity Module as well.

Overview:
1. Climb to B6
2. Bubblestar to Champu, Magtect, ??? (20 to each, Trap, Aqua Element)
3. Steel Panel Electric Blaze to ??? (140, x2 if Bubblestar hit, Stun, Elec Element)
4. Move towards stairs to B5, Dodge (Areagrab and Hyperactivity assisted)
*Hyperactivity activated. Hyperactive actions used: 1/2*
The environment fades from view, leaving only Voltman and the Administrator standing in the dull, lifeless gloom.

"Thank you for participating in the Planeswalker Field Test. Due to circumstances beyond our control, the test has been canceled. Here is your reward as promised."

--- Rewards ---

Voltman:
- Magbolt1
- FireHit1
- Metal Zone (Rare Chip)
Voltman blinked once as he fell in midjump, and let out a small "Ow" as he connected with the floor. Listening to what the Administrator had to say, he just nodded and shook his head while he grabbed the chips.
Oh. Too bad. And I was hoping to get all the way through this crazy challenge, too...
But because it wasn't about to happen, he just sighed once more and jacked out, flying into the sky amidst a yellow beam of light.