Nervous Exercise

As a beam of gray light dawned down onto the Electown net, a single, albeit, uncomfortable navi stood alone as he surveyed the area. "T-this is Electown?...I-I guess it doesn't look as b-bad as Netvegas." Cambiare began to calm down after reassuring himself, but it still wasn't enough to keep the navi off the edge. "Cambi, don't forget why we're here!" said Finny as she appeared on the holo-screen in front of Cambiare. "We're here to make you stronger, better, faster, and overall, kick ass!" The navi simply nodded his head along with Finny's words, but at the back of his mind, did not want to go through with this unscheduled training.

"...Oh right, I need to tell you something. I contacted Professor Griesinger when you were hopping between networks." Cambiare perked up by the mention of the Professor's name, showing signs of interests. "A-a-about what? W-why did you t-talk with the Professor?" Finny didn't seem to share the same enthusiasm with her navi, but still complied to answer the question. "Not talk, just a message. I wanted to ask him if he can make more of those drives, since, y'know, he made you in the first place."

Cambiare finally seemed to be worked up about the training from the mere mention of his creator, Professor Griesinger. Like a child hoping to try his best for his parent's affection, Cambiare was equally motivated by the childish thinking. "O-Okay, l-lets get to work, Finny!" Even without any orders, Cambiare marched forward for self improvement!

-BATTLE ONE, READY!-
Seeking self-improvement, Cambiare found a trio of viruses that were more than willing to help him with that goal. And by help, I mean rain lightning on him.

---ELECTROSHOCK THERAPY VIRUSES---
TwistyA: 80 HP
TwistyB: 80 HP
TwistyC: 80 HP

---SHOCKING TERRAIN---
100% Solar

---TWITCHY NAVI---
Cambiare.EXE: 120 HP

- BATTLE ONE, READY
- WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE NERVE WRACKING ABOUT THIS FIGHT?
- GO
((Crap possssttttt))

Cambiare came across the three strange viruses that had even stranger heads that floated above them, immediately intimidating the navi into a small panic. "F-finny, those viruses. W-what are they c-capable of?" Finny shrugged, only to retort back at her own navi. "What type of question is that? Did you already forget the point of this training??" Standing on top of her sofa with her arms crossed, the operator continued her usual inspirational speech. "Brave the unknown, face the bizarre, embrace your own abilities, those are your first steps in improving yourself!" Cambiare nodded his head, but slowly raised his hand to impose another question.

"B-but they have floating heads."

"Valid point, but shut up and fight." Inserting the red Program Drive into the PET, Finny watched as Cambiare changed into his Brio form in a flash. She began to run her finger across her coffee table as it bumped across five of her battlechip, trying to explain her strategy against the viruses to her navi."We're gonna finish those viruses with one hit! No room for errors like every other time, got it?!" Cambiare's arm transformed into a gleaming, orange sword as the chip was loaded into the PET, but the navi was occupied with something else...

He stared at the Twisties with absolute concentration, alternating his view between their body and the floating head. "...I-...I still don't get what's what!" As hesitant as he was, Cambiare brandished his sword and charged right at the first Twisty with reckless abandon. However, pieces began to fall into the strange virus puzzle as Cambiare watched the floating head moving towards him. "T-that's it!" The navi began to pick up speed as he directed all of his focus at the grounded Twisty, raising his sword for a quick slash. "H-hhyyaaa!" The sword was brought straight down onto the virus as Cambiare hoped it would cleave it in half, but he was more worried about the heads floating above him than to see the result of his attack.

"What was that, Cambi? You actually looked confident for a second!" said Finny after witnessing the change in the navi's movement. "I'm n-not sure! I think t-those heads are their o-only means of attac-YIKES!!" Cambiare was far too occupied in dodging the lightning bolts raining down on him, shortly cutting off his explanation...

* Change: Brio Form
* Staccato [Take Aim]
1. Approach Twisty A
2. Sword [80 | Slash | [b]Take Aim[/b] | 6 Uses] {B} @ Twisty A
3. Dodge

Cooldowns:
None
With plenty of precaution, Cambiare moved up and slashed the Twisty in its face. Not happy at that, the other viruses launched lightning strikes on the Navi; one was avoided, but the other rained down with immense anger. Also electricity (20).

TwistyA: DELETED
TwistyB: 80 HP
TwistyC: 80 HP

---SHOCKING TERRAIN---
95% Solar, 5% Cracked (small area around Cambiare)

---TWITCHY NAVI---
Cambiare.EXE: 100 HP (Cracked)
"Brbbrrrbrbrrrrbbr."

Cambiare was electrified by the Twisty, causing him to rigidly stand as his body began to twitch uncontrollably. "T-t-t-t-t-thh-these g-g-guys c-can do-d-do some d-d-damma-damage!" To make it worse, the shock had made the navi's stuttering even worse than it was ever was. "F-fi-fnn-finny, w-w-wha-tas o-o-ur pup-pup-pu-puh-plan?"

The operator could not help but to sigh at the sight of her navi, placing her palm directly over her eyes as she motioned her other hand in a circle to tell Cambiare to continue what he was doing. Fortunately, the shock from the attack began to fade away from the navi's system, allowing him complete mobility once again. "He-h-he-here I g-g-g-goo!" UNfortunately, his stuttering continued on.

He jumped towards the closest Twisty with his sword raised, leaping off the cracked panel and into the battle. "T-t-tat—t-t-t-aata-taa-..." Even when his speech was stammering, his bodily movement was far different from his speech's condition as he shot his arm forward to stab the the virus right between its eyes. "...-ake t-tha-th-th-that!" The navi spun his body as he adjusted himself towards the last remaining Twisty, swinging the orange sword down on it without a pause. Cambiare was fully focused on finishing the viruses as quickly as possibly, solely because of their electric attacks. Even though the navi knew fully well of his speech impediment, he could not imagine how much worse it could get after getting himself shocked more than once...

* Staccato [Take Aim]
1. Approach Twisty B / Move out of cracked panel
2. Sword [80 | Slash | 6 Uses] {B} @ Twisty B
3. Sword [80 | Slash | Take Aim | 6 Uses] {B} @ Twisty C

Cooldowns:
None
C-C-C-C-Cambiare formed his orange sword and advanced on one of the Twisty viruses. His footsteps carried him away from the cracked panels, the stones crumbling behind him to fall into several feet into a shallow pit. The Navi slashed at the virus with his sword, managing to cut the creature down.

The remaining Twisty took advantage of the death of its companion and used a remote bit to blast Cambiare with a lightning bolt. The ground beneath the Navi splintered, cracks spreading out from around Cambiare's feet. The Navi took aim and countered with a second sword strike, dropping the last virus.

TwistyA: DELETED
TwistyB: DELETED
TwistyC: DELETED

---SHOCKING TERRAIN---
90% Solar, 5% Cracked (small area around Cambiare), 5% Broken

---TWITCHY NAVI---
Cambiare.EXE: 80 HP (Cracked)

Victory!

Rewards: 350z
"Ww-w-w--w--w-w--weee-we d-d-di-d-diid i-t-ttt!"

Cambiare emerged victorious in his battle against the Twisties, but not without the cost of his near-decent speech impediment. Finny snickered as she saw Cambiare's stuttering getting worse, almost breaking out into a laughter as he restrained herself. "Ni...*pffft...Nice job, Cambi. Now go on so you can fight harder viruses!" Despite the damages and the loss of his speech, Cambiare willingly followed Finny's command and continued on for self-improvement...

-BATTLE TWO, READY!-
Unfortunately for Cambiare, harder viruses were exactly what he found, as a trio of tanks were doing a military parade, but decided they didn't want any Navi spectators, so they decided to eliminate the Navi so they could continue. And a weird cephalopod was following them, adding some festive balloons to the march. Because what kind of parade, military or not, doesn't have balloons? A loser one, that's what.

---PARADING VIRUSES---
CatackA: 120 HP
CatackB: 120 HP
CatackC: 120 HP
Octon: 120 HP

---MARCHING TERRAIN---
60% Normal, 40% Metal (strip viruses were walking on)

---NERVOUS SPECTATOR---
Cambiare.EXE: 80 HP

- BATTLE TWO, READY
- MARCH ON, SOLDIER
- GO
Cambiare was finally able to shake off his speech problem, but after seeing the Catank and the Octon in front of him, it slowly began to come back to him. "T-t-tanks and O-octopus?? E-especially those t-t-tanks!" Out of all the viruses he fought so far, the Catacks looked the most menacing, the most "bringdownaworldofpain", and the most dangerous virus Cambiare had ever saw. However, Finny didn't seem to share the same amount of fear and trauma her navi was going through. "Geesh, way to be a party pooper, Cambi." teased Finny.

The operator drew one of her new chips and slotted it into the PET while she hummed a tune to herself. A warm, pink light enveloped the navi's body as his wounds began to heal little by little, recovering most of his health. "Kay, so now that's out of the way...RUN!" Sticking with their tried-and-true tactics of slow preparation, Cambiare began to run away from the viruses. At the same time, his orange emblem began to shine as his energy began to build up, also preparing for the next chance the navi has to attack!

1. Recovery30 [Heals 30 HP] {S}
2. Crescendo [Strengthen 40 | 1 TCD]
3. Dodge

Cooldowns:
Crescendo: USED
Cambiare wasted no time in just sort of standing around. He healed himself and then strengthened himself for an attack that he didn't bother using. Good times. And then he promptly ran away from the parade of viruses. The tanks responded by launching a trio of shells toward the Navi. One flew wide, having no chance of hitting the cowardly Cambiare. The Navi barely managed to dodge away from the second shell as it thumped into the ground right behind him. However, his luck didn't last and the final shell exploded into Cambiare and threw him to the ground.

The Octon just kind of sat there. Maybe it was preparing to do something. Maybe it was going to make some more balloons. Who the hell knows?

---PARADING VIRUSES---
CatackC: 120 HP

---MARCHING TERRAIN---
40% Normal, 20% Cracked, 40% Metal (strip viruses were walking on)

---NERVOUS SPECTATOR---
Cambiare.EXE: 90 HP [+40 Strengthen] [On Cracked]
As Cambiare was blasted away by one of Catack's attacks, the navi scrambled to find the proper footing on top of the crumbling floor. "Grrr! How dare they wound you after I went out of the way to heal Cambi!" said Finny as she gripped both her hands into fists. The navi chuckled after hearing Finny's comment, sighing a moment later as he sulked. "S-so, taking care of me s a nuisance, h-huh..."

The peppy operator swapped the P.D. into another, changing Cambiare's form from his not-so-hot red into the lets-be-more-passive green. "Don't be silly. Now focus and cut down those tanks!" After Finny finished the preparation, Cambiare's left gauntlet formed a holographic circle on top as its shield, and his right gauntlet opened up to let out a long, neon green blade from within. The nervous navi began to sweat as he stared into the Catack's long barrels, deeply intimidated by their weaponry. "F-finny. M-must I do this! We can a-always go and try some other v-viruses!" As much as the navi begged and pleaded, Finny crossed her arms into a X and shook her head. "...O-Okay...I-I really have no ch-choice!!"

Swallowing his fear, Cambiare dashed towards the Catack on the far right as the crumbling floor that was once beneath him finally gave out. The navi held his left arm up, hoping to shield one of the attacks, and kept his bladed arm out to the side. "T-these guys look a bit on the slow s-side...That's it!" His running began to pick up pace as the navi realized something about the Catacks. As he finally approached the optimal distance, Cambiare lowered his shield and raised his sword up for an attack, thrusting it forward to impale the virus.

* Change: Tenuto Form
1. Shield [1-hit Shield / NCP]
2. Approach CatackC
3. Sword [80+[b]40[/b] | Slash | 6 Uses] {B} @ CatackC

Cooldowns:
Crescendo: 1 Turn
Cambiare sprang into action, equipping a shield on one arm and a sword in the other. The Octon finally formed one bubble, but it wasn't really in the way of anything so Cambiare simply passed by it before cutting down one Catack...

Only to have another fire right at him! Luckily his shield took the damage but there was still one more virus and...

Yikes that's gotta sting.

---PARADING VIRUSES---
CatackC: DELETED
Bubble: -- (1 turn)

---MARCHING TERRAIN---
35% Normal, 25% Cracked, 40% Metal (strip viruses were walking on)

---NERVOUS SPECTATOR---
Cambiare.EXE: 70 HP [Sword 5/6] [On Cracked]
"YIIIIOWWWW!"

As if the sting Cambiare felt on his arm when he blocked off one of the attack wasn't bad enough, getting hit by one the tanks directly really didn't help out. "W-why didn't the Tenuto's armor b-block off some of the damage?!" the navi questioned his operator as he clenched his numbed arm. "Hey, don't blame me! Something must've happened!" Finny retorted as she frustratingly slammer her fist into the sofa. There was a moment of awkward silence before the two finally focused on the battle before them.

"Those friggin' tanks are getting on my nerves!! Just take them out before what-ever-the-heck that octopus is doing with that balloon!" Cambiare changed back into his Brio form in a flash when Finny changed his P.D., altering his neon-green sword into a dark orange arm blade. The navi empowered the weapon with his own strength, causing the sword to glimmer in a bright light. "I-I know what I need to do, j-just be patient!" After the previous attack, the navi was already close enough to the group of Catacks to attack immediately. In a fit of rage and frustration, maybe with a hint of desperation, Cambiare wildly swung his sword at the nearest tank he could find.

Completely taken over by his emotions, the navi did not stop with his attack after the initial target, continuing his attack onto the next Catack in sight. "T-the world is so c-c-c-cruel! W-why is this h-happening to me!" His aching body and the complete breakdown of his emotion was a deadly combination for a rampaging, sword-swinging Cambiare. "Everything I-I ever do always f-fails! B-b-block an attack? I ALWAYS G-GET HIT! Try to d-dodge? IT NEVER WORKS! M-make Finny happy? I-IMPOSSIBLE!! Get stronger? A P-P-P-PIPE DREAM!!!!!" Teardrops began to fall down from beneath the navi's tinted visor in a comical way, which Finny could not help but to chuckle at the sight of the wreck that is her navi. Cambiare was only able to stop when his breath was cut short, falling on his knees as he slowly began to return normal from his sudden burst of craziness, wiping his tears off his cheeks...

* Change: Brio Form
* Staccato: [Take Aim]
1. Crescendo [Strengthen 40 | 1 TCD]
2. Sword [80+[b]40[/b] | Slash | Take Aim | 6 Uses] {B} @ CatackB
3. Sword [80 | Slash | 6 Uses] {B} @ CatackA

Cooldowns:
Crescendo: READY/USED
Camiare recklessly rushed another Catack, slicing it in half quickly and with no real flashiness as the other Catack fired another round at Cambiare, but missed really badly. The transforming navi went on to cut the remaining Catack, but it still stood.

That bubble was floating dangerously close.

---PARADING VIRUSES---
CatackA: 40 HP
CatackB: DELETED
Bubble: -- (1 turn)

---MARCHING TERRAIN---

---NERVOUS SPECTATOR---
Cambiare.EXE: 70 HP [Sword 3/6]
"Woah, awesome job, Cambi!"

Finny's short praise was enough to straighten Cambiare up for the next attack, immediately putting a stop to his emotional breakdown. The navi blissfully nodded his head as he wiped his face with his hands, clearing away his tears and snot to put up a valiant look. "L-lets finish this!" Positive optimism suddenly began to flow into Cambiare's thoughts as he finally saw the fruit of his effort when the viruses were becoming heavily injured. His body changed into the defensive Tenuto form, but the navi seemed to be unaware his change as he focused solely on the enemies in front. "...*Sigh*, I knew this was gonna happen. He's getting too full of himself!" said Finny as she was tossing the previous program drive up and down on her hand.

Cambiare's lifted his left arm towards the Catack as the gauntlet opened up to let out a gun barrel. "Shotgun a-and Cannon, Finny!" As the chips were uploaded into his arm, Cambiare saw the floating bubble heading his way and gulped, feeling his optimism slowly drain away from his body. "L-looks dangerous, what s-should I do about it?" Though the battle was nearly finished with the virus parade nearly eliminated, Finny noticed the amount of damage Cambi had sustained. "Nope, we're not gonna risk anything. You go ahead and pop that sucker and THEN the balloon squid."

"O-octopus, Finny."

"Like I care!"

The navi adjusted his gun so it would have the Catack and the bubble in sight and let off a spray of bullets at the two, sending his whole left arm upwards from the recoil. "Owowow...I-If only I had my other hand free, I could've h-held it down." said Cambiare as he stared at his sword-equipped right arm. Uploading the next chip, the gun barrel extended further outwards to adjust the specification of the Cannon chip. Cambi then switched his aim at the Octon on the side and fired a powerful bullet, but this time, he used the flat side of the sword to hold his other arm down to lessen the recoil.

"Good! Now skewer me some octopus!"

The gun barrel retracted back into the gauntlet and the navi quickly approached the lone virus with his sword. Wondering if the virus would blow off another one of those bubble, Cambiare seemed hesitant to meet the Octon directly with his sword. "...N-no! I gotta do this! I need to do this for Finny, I need to do this for my s-s-self!" The navi was now at a close distance with the Octon and swung his sword across with the boost of ephemeral confidence, hoping to finish the battle with this "last" attack.

* Change: Tenuto Form
* Andante: [Damage Reduction 3 | Passive]
1. Shotgun [50 | Spread1] {A} @ CatackA / Bubble
2. Cannon [40 | Knockback] {A} @ Octon
3. Sword [80 | Slash | 6 Uses] {B} @ Octon

Cooldowns:
Crescendo: 1 Turn
Switching to his more defensive Tenuto form, Cambiare shot at the Catack with a Shotgun. That deleted the tank, but missed the bubble. Unfortunately for him, the bubble connected with him as he started to adjust his buster for his Cannon, dealing quite a bit of damage as it exploded! (47) Distraught by the recoil from the explosion, he fired his Cannon, and sliced it up with a Sword.

---PARADING VIRUSES---
CatackA: DELETED
CatackB: DELETED
Octon: DELETED

---MARCHING TERRAIN---

---NERVOUS SPECTATOR---
Cambiare.EXE: 23 HP [Sword 2/6]

-- BATTLE 02, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

[TankCannon1] Battlechip, 350z
When the explosion cleared up, it revealed Cambiare lying flat on the floor, severely wounded by the attack. "...Cambi...Can you stand?" Finny was starting to get worried about her navi's condition after seeing him getting hit by the exploding bubble, but she tried to put up a "brave" face as she tried to get a response. "*Cough*...I-I'm fine. N-not dead, but close enough." The navi didn't even budge his finger as he laid at the metal strip, simply peering into the sky. "...*sniff*...I-I'm sorry, Finny!!" Cambiare suddenly burst into tears as he pointlessly began to wipe his eyes with his arm when it was guarded by his visor. "I thought I-I could become stronger, b-b-but look at me! Already d-down after two fights!" said Cambiare as he flipped himself so he would be facing the floor to cover his face.

Finny watched Cambiare crying non stop, scratching her head as she tried to think of what she wanted to say. "Cambi..." With her soft words, the navi stopped his crying and turned his head to look. "*Sniff*...W-what?" Finny stood up with her hands on her hips, trying to put up a confident facade as she tried to calm Cambiare down. "I-I could care less if you fail! Just stand up and try again, yeah? Now come on, lets go get some more upgrade for some more training."

"...O-okay." Her attempt was able to bring the navi out of his crying fit, but it wasn't enough to actually put him back on the feet. "...I can't g-get up." Finny chuckled when she saw how helpless Cambiare was, but nonetheless, helped him out as she pushed the jack-out button on the PET. A beam of gray light appeared from the sky and enveloped the handicapped navi, taking him out of the net and into the safety of his PET...

-JACK OUT-