Enter Memoriam

He had mixed feelings about sending Memoriam into battle so soon, but being that he always carried his folder of battlechips, he grudgingly agreed that was was prepared. Or would have been prepared if not for the fact that he was in a moving car. It was only in order to give his Navi a good first impression that he let the eager young thing leap from the PET on his dashboard into the airwaves of the highway network.

Memoriam appeared in a blizzard of multicolored light, crouching dramatically with his head bowed, as if examining the ground at his feet. As he stood, a few multicolored sparks flickered along his arms and chest. "Feels good," he said after a minute, tossing his hair aside from where it hung out from his headband, revealing one blue and one brown eye. "Now where are these oh-so-vicious SciLab virii I've heard so much about?" Memoriam's thin face broke into a smile as he drew his weapon in a flash of green-blue-white light and gave it an experimental twirl. "I've been dying to try this thing out!"
Looks like some champus want to beat you up for lunch money.

ChampuA: 60
ChampuB: 60
ChampuC: 60
ChampuD: 60

Memoriam: 190 HP

READY STEADY GO!!!
Speak of the devil. You've got company, Memoriam, said Kazu as he reached for his chips, still driving-- very carefully-- with one hand. Very slowly, he leaned over to grab his bag, steadying the wheel with his left hand, and then once he had a firm grip, started to slowly right himself in his seat, being sure to use his core muscles and not lean on the wheel, which would cause it to swirve. We're going to die, thought Kazu. I'm going to crash and burn, you'll be without a PET, and this little foray will end in both of our deaths. I'm so stupid. Why am I doing this?

Memoriam snickered at Kazu's human inability to concentrate on both his chip choice, and the road simultaneously. "While you're there," he said brightly, "Why don't you tell me what I'm supposed to do? I'm only a few minutes old, after all! I know-- I'll start by doing this!" There was a low hum as Memoriam clenched his empty fist, and brandished his sword in his armored hand. The air around him seemed to shimmer and shift, as if Memoriam was red-hot, creating a heat mirage.

I'm about to send you a BattleChip, a strong one, said Kazu patiently, being careful not to drop either of the two tiny packs of digital power between his fingertips. Both of them are supplements to your melee weapon. You are programmed with a basic knowledge of how to use your weapons. Go for it! With those encouraging words, Kazu expertly slotted both chips into his PET. Memoriam felt the effects immediately.

"All right!" He grinned widely as his weapon suddenly flashed an iridescent blue, and seemed to solidify from a tounge of flame into the honed flare of a blowtorch. The shimmering aura around him left a trail in the air as he ran toward the enemies, face stony and concentrated. The sudden personality shift manifested in a flash of blue light as his weapon sliced the air around him. With his next strike, Memoriam's weapon seemed to speed up and reach outward to pierce a foe of its own accord, another bolt of blue obscuring the blade's true position.

Memoriam's blade glowed with yellow light as he rounded on his next set of enemies. The relatively small weapon seemed to extend to a massive size, slashing massive arcs with blinding speed, his face steely and concentrated.

Kazu bit his lip as he watched his Navi's performance out of the corner of his eye. He had intentionally chosen two Swords, not knowing how good his Navi would be with them. And the shift in personality was interesting too... it was quite a Navi he had designed this time.

Feedback [next 5 enemies to attack are stunned]
Sword [80] ChampuA
Sword [80] ChampuB
Elecsword [80] ChampuC+D
Elecsword [80] ChampuC+D
bump~
They all die.

ChampuA: DELETED
ChampuB: DELETED
ChampuC: DELETED
ChampuD: DELETED

-VICTORY-
Get: 400z
Nice moves, Memoriam. Kazu sounded as if he was afraid to show too much emotion in his voice, lest he lose concentration and crash. That was too short, though, and all you got to do was slice and dice. If you want, you can...

Kazu trailed off as he slowed the car down to turn a tight corner. Memoriam finished the sentence for him. "Yes sir-- I'll search for more things to fight immediately!" With a salute that looked more joking than military-- or perhaps it was just his mixed-up appearance-- Memoriam took off at a run, clothing flapping in the nonexistent air.
It seems you walked into a field of metal, and spotted some viruses over what appears to be a hill of metal... Must mean something is up...

ElecorgeA: 120
ElecorgeB: 120
ChampuA: 60
ChampuB: 60

---------------------
Field
Metal(All)

READY STEADY GO!!!
"The terrain's changed!" Said Memoriam in mild surprise. "It sure looks different... it's all smooth and glossy. I can feel it giving off some strange energy into the Net!" He wasn't quite able to recognize his operator's emotion, as Kazu was-- understandably-- distracted, but he seemed uneasy. "Don't tell me my programming has exceeded the data compiled by your brain on this matter," he said, the technical language rolling natrually and colloquially off his tounge.

You're right. I've never seen this particular type of terrain before, said Kazu irritably. Just be careful. Take out the Electric virii first. If that metal ground behaves as I think it does, they'll be dangerous...

"Oh? And what does metal have to do with making electric virii more dangerous? Explain it to me later!" Memoriam whooped, a joyful sound, as he sprinted into battle again, brandishing his flickering, ethereal energy sword. The shimmering flame of a thing was still crackling with the ElecBlade's energy. The weapon seemed to trail through the air like a wisp of vapor, never rigid, always shifting even in mid-swing. It slashed in an arc around Memoriam and far beyond, then again in the opposite direction, the flashes forming a crescent disc of light around him that quickly faded.

Memoriam skidded to a halt, and then, ignoring the faint profanity he heard over his voice-link, snapped his fingers and activated the same haze of energy he'd used before, before Kazu finally managed to slot-in another useful chip. Kazu was concentrating now, so the chips didn't come as rapidly... but it was just as well. Rather than immediately fire off what he had, Memoriam instead used his momentum to heave his legs into a backflip, making him a smaller target and hopefully putting him out of the reach of the Champus.

ElecBlade [80 Elec] Elecogre A, B
ElecBlade [80 Elec] Elecogre A, B
Feedback [stun next 5 enemies who attack]
Dodge
Memoriam managed to get up close to the ogres, and thanks to the sword being an elec element, it did more damage due to the metal terrain. He set up his little fun ability, and managed to dodge a right and left from one of the Champus, who was then stunned. A second one managed to hit Memoriam with one of it's fists, which did more damage due to the terrain as well. It two was also stunned... the last one did not even bother attacking, figuring it might not do any good.... freaking Mesmer....

ElecogreA: dead
ElecogreB: dead
ChampuA: 60 (Stun)
ChampuB: 60 (Stun)

Memoriam: 170 HP(Three feedbacks left)

-----
Field
Metal(All)
The instant that the Champu's second blow connected with Memoriam's face, it also knocked away the carelessness in him. When Memoram regained his balance, it was with a combative expression. He retalitated immediately, first with a glare, then with a thrust of his sword. Without a word, he whirled and thrust his open palm in the opposite direction. His hand glowed and a blue wave of power left a frosty trail across the metal ground as it streaked towards the Champu that had failed to hit Memoriam the first time.

The beam had hardly even left Memoriam's hand before he whirled again, ready to strike the final blow. Kazu's chip came just in the nick of time-- any later, and the dramatic moment would have been ruined. Raising his palm skyward, Memoriam launched a salvo of blue crystals into the air, then smiled again.

Pointing his finger at the final enemy, Memoriam directed the crystals down, to converge on the Champu.

ElecSword [80 Elec] ChampuB
Icewave [80 Aqua] ChampuA
Aquaneedle [60 Aqua] ChampuC
Dodge
Everything dies.

ElecogreA: dead
ElecogreB: dead
ChampuA: Hypothermia
ChampuB: electrocuted
ChampuC: Shot

Memoriam: 170 HP

-VICTORY-
Get: 500z
Memoriam whooped and pumped his fist as Kazu rolled to a gradual stop in his garage.

"So, Kazu, you're in Sharo now, right?"

Yes, replied Kazu's electronic voice, Safe and sound, no thanks to you. You're lucky I'm a good driver.

"So," said Memoriam, putting his hand to his chin, "What's it like there? I want to see the Net and the physical world!"

You can start with the Net, said Kazu. Just make your way to the NetSquare. There's a shortcut that comes straight here.
Bump.
((Thought you were going to the Netsquare. :P))

Viruses, more of them.

MarkCannonA: 60 HP
MarkCannonB: 60 HP
MarkCannonC: 60 HP
MarkCannonD: 60 HP
KabutankA: 80 HP
KabutankB: 80 HP
KabutankC: 80 HP
Windbox: 100 HP

Terrain: Normal

Memoriam: 170 HP

-Here we go-