Chip Hunting

[From Electown Net > Netbattling]

Somewhere in ACDC town, a beam of red light began to shine on a telepad. Within the beam, a red armor-clad navi appeared. Delta took a look around as he stepped off the pad, then sent a message to his netop, [I'm here. I'll start looking for virii immediately.] All the while, he kept walking, keeping a sharp lookout for virii.

[Battle 1]
And thus were viruses found. A trio of rabbit viruses were hopping along merrily without a care in the world. They seemed so happy and peaceful. They were practically asking to get deleted...the smug punks.

BunnyA: 50
BunnyB: 50
BunnyC: 50

Delta: 120

Terrain: 100% Normal

Battle 1! Fight!
Delta looked at the virii as they hopped along, then formed his left hand into his buster and said, "We've got company. Send me a zapring, a cannon, and a minibomb." He then lifted his weapon to aim it at the nearest virus, holding it with his right hand to steady his aim.

Henry slotted in the chips, then got up to get a drink.

Delta felt the energy as the chips were slotted in, and quickly loaded the cannon. The navi's buster charged with energy, and he fired, the recoil shoving his shoulder back.

Quickly, the navi shifted his aim to the next virus in line as he loaded the zapring. Again, the buster charged with energy, but this time electricity also began to crackle over the surface. The navi fired, launching a small ring of electricity that it expanded as it flew towards the virus.

Delta quickly reformed his left hand and loaded the minibomb in it, creating a black sphere. He swung his arm back, the hurled the bomb at the last virus in the group.

[spoiler=Turn Summary]Actions:
1. Cannon + Buff (40+16=56, knockback, acc a) @ BunnyA
2. Zapring (40 Elec, stun, acc a) @ BunnyB
3. Minibomb (60, blast1, acc c) @ BunnyC
HP: 120/120
Signatures: All ready.
Battlechips used: Cannon, Zapring, Minibomb.[/Spoiler]
((bump))
Delta sent a surge of power into his buster and fired a cannon shot that wasted the first rabbit with little effort. The zapring followed suit, smashing into the virus with lightening speed and sending jolts of electricity run all along its body. Delta hurled a bomb as a follow up, but the last Bunny had moved forward, out of the range of the blast. However, it was more than enough to wipe out the stunned Bunny. The surviving virus fired off a zapring of its own that smashed into Delta. The waves of electricity began to seize up his systems, which would no doubt effect his battle capabilities.

BunnyA: DELETED
BunnyB: DELETED
BunnyC: 50

Delta: 110 [STUN'D! -1 Action]

Delta dropped to one knee as he tried to get the spasms caused by the zapring under control. As the shocks faded, the navi stood up, and sent a message to Henry, [Send me a shotgun. I'm going to finish this.]

Henry took two chips and slotted them into the PET. "One shotgun and one recover-ten, coming right up," he said, grinning.

Delta loaded the shotgun first, forming his left hand into a buster as he did so. He aimed the weapon at the remaining virus, careful to account for its dodges. He then fired the weapon, sending a burst of shrapnel at his target. He then held his buster up before reforming his hand.

Delta's next action was to load the healing chip. As the green glow spread over his body, he felt better. He then looked towards where the virus had been to see whether it had been deleted by the last attack.

1. Stunned!
2. Shotgun (50, Spread1, acc A) @ BunnyC
3. Recover10 (Heal 10, acc S) @ Self
Battlechips used: Cannon, Zapring, Minibomb, Shotgun, Recover10.[/Spoiler]
The Bunny hopped around awhile before Delta recovered and quickly blasted it with a Shotgun, which eliminated it completely.

He then healed, yay~

BunnyA: DELETED
BunnyB: DELETED
BunnyC: DELETED

Delta: 120 HP

-VICTORY-
Get: 240z
Delta smiled as he scooped up the reward data. Sending on the the PET, he started walking again.

[Battle 2]
Moving around on the ACDC network, Delta then comes across a new surprise; a group of cannon-toting viruses had come up to challenge him, with variety of both mobile and immobile units at the ready. A Kabutank led the group, protecting it with its larger HP count, while two Canodumbs behind it shielded a weaker Beetank on two sides.

-- ENEMIES --
Kabutank: 80 HP
Beetank: 50 HP
Canodumb A: 50 HP
Canodumb B: 50 HP

-- NAVIGATOR --
Delta.EXE: 120 HP

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal

-- BATTLE 02, READY? START!! --
As Delta approached the group of virii, he said, "I've got company. Two tanks, two turrets," to Henry.

Henry grinned and replied, "Good. Maybe we can replace the cannon chip we lost. What battlechips do you want?"

Delta glanced over at the group of virii, sizing up the two tanks. He thought for a moment, then spoke up with his request. "Give me a shotgun and a cannon."

Henry stopped grinning, but he was still smiling as he slotted in the chips. "Take them down."

Delta nodded, then silently formed his right hand into his buster and loaded the shotgun chip. He took aim at the tanks as his buster charged with energy, then fired, launching a burst of shrapnel that would hopefully take out the virus cowering behind the others. "You picked a bad day to try taking cover," the navi muttered under his breath as he lowered his weapon and lowered the cannon.

As his buster charged with energy once again, Delta took aim at the frontmost virus and fired in one movement, launching a burst of energy at the tank. Almost as soon as he was done firing, the navi stepped to the side to avoid a retaliatory shot.

1. Shotgun (50, spread1, acc A) @ Kabutank +spread@ Beetank
2. Cannon (40, knockback, acc A) @ Kabutank
3. Dodge.
Battlechips used: Shotgun, Cannon.[/Spoiler]
Delta unleashed a shotgun blast, a spray of iron pellets smashing into the Kabutank. The shrapnel flew toward the Beetank behind the row of viruses, but it was too well protected by the line of turrets. However, one of the turrets was shredded and rendered useless. Delta fired off a cannon shot that finished off the Kabutank seconds before it could counterattack. A turret fired a shot at Delta, but the Navi dodged. However, Delta's running dodge brought him face to face with one of the Beetank's explosive projectiles.

-- ENEMIES --
Kabutank: DELETE
Beetank: 50 HP
Canodumb A: DELETE
Canodumb B: 50 HP

-- NAVIGATOR --
Delta.EXE: 110 HP

-- TERRAIN --
80% Normal, 20% Cracked
Delta was knocked down by the explosion from the bomb he had run in front of. Getting up, he glared at the group of virii, frowning at the remaining opponents. "You guys are really irritating, you know that?" the navi asked, then addressed his operator, "I could use a minibomb and a zapring right now." Checking himself over, he realized that the blast had been very weak, as there was minimal damage.

Henry slotted in the chips, then said, "Go get em!" He then began to set up the PET for the process of transferring the chips to file format.

Delta nodded, then loaded the minibomb, the explosive appearing as a shiny black sphere with no markings on it. Pulling his arm back, he took aim at the remaining tank, taking care to judge the amount of force he would need to throw the bomb with to impact it. As he finished aiming, Delta pulled his arm back a little farther and hurled the bomb overhand at the tank. As his hand dropped to his side, Delta formed it into his buster.

Loading the Zapring, Delta pointed the gun at the canodumb. As his weapon's outer surface began to crawl with electricity, Delta fired. The recoil was almost unnoticeable, and as the electricity flew towards the unlucky turret it expanded into a ring, sparks occasionally jumping across the middle of it. Somehow, it seemed as if the ring had more energy, as it left a trail of sparks.

As he finished firing, Delta dismissed his buster and dropped to the ground, trying to present as small a target as possible to his enemies. The navi considered the situation as he lay there. Alright, I probably took at least one virus with that barrage, and maybe two. If there is one left, I'll get into melee range and finish it with a firehit.

1. Minibomb (50, blast1, acc C) @ Beetank.
2. Zapring + Buff (40+16=56, stun1, acc A) @ Canodumb B.
3. Dodge.
HP:110/120
Battlechips used: Shotgun, Cannon, Minibomb, Zapring.[/Spoiler]
((bump))
((bump))
Delta set to work. He chucked a MiniBomb at the Beetank, which deleted it swiftly, and just before as the thing had prepared to launch serious retaliation.

Something about realizing it was the only creature left on the field must have distracted the Canodumb. It managed to fire a shot before Delta himself, but it missed by miles and miles. Aforementioned Navi fired a charged disc of electricity into the thing, causing it to dissolve into data as well.

With no enemies left on the field, it was evident that Delta had one.

BATTLE VICTORY!

Delta.EXE: 110 HP

RewardData: Cannon, 270 zenny
Delta scooped up the reward data, then sighed.

Henry looked up from his work, and asked, "What's wrong?"

"I just feel like I'm not really doing anything," the navi responded, still looking sadly at the data packet he was holding.

Henry looked at Delta for a moment, then said, "Well, if you feel that you're up to it, there's a mission BBS in internet city. Just give me a chance to grab something from the navi shop and I'll ask for a mission."

On hearing this news, Delta started smiling, "Yeah, I'd definitely feel better if we were actually doing something. Let's get the process upgrade first though." Delta vanished in a beam of red light, appearing to dissolve into it.

[Jack Out]