Daemon daily

Day light shines brightly though the window and onto the floor as Daemon turns and locks the door. its one of the older buildings on campus but the rent is cheap which is good. Daemon smirks as he thinks to himself 'cause i dont have a single zenny right now'. Beginning his decent down the 5 flights of stairs (the elevator has been out of order for a while now), he wonders aloud "what did I blow all my money on?". To this jestergiest taunted "Ohh.. is wittle dwaemon gonna cwie cause he so 'po' he cant even afford the 'or'?". indignantly Daemon retorted "No... And I wasn`t necessarily talking to you dirrectly now was I." jestingly, giest replies "Oh, so then your talking to your self. Ah you've finaly fallen off of the sane train have you? well its about time! now we can go have some real fun."
Reaching the bottom of the stairs Daemon chose to go out through the back exit to avoid a girl he recognized in the front lobby and the resulting awkward conversation that could occur if she saw him. As well as the fact that it would actually shorten the distance from here to the campus.
Continuing the conversation as if he hadn`t seen her Daemon answered "I haven't gone crazy, I was just thinking aloud that we shoud go do some virus busting before my rent is due."
there is a buzzing noise as the back door unlocks daemon glances over his shoulder just in time to lock eyes with his (sort of) ex-girlfiend and have one of those 'aw crud she saw me' moments. Before continuing into the alleyway.
Jest, recognising the girl that his operator had glanced at and commented "No arguments hear, we dont like that girls navi my self either *in a hushed tone* she smells funny." Even the ever silent RIP got in on the conversation "buzzzzzzzzzzz-shhhhhhhhaaaaaaahhhhhhh"
caught off guarded by giest, and unsure what to say about Rip Daemon just said "No... what? No, I wasnt trying to avoid her. its just faster to take the back way... wait, what did he say?". Jest being to only one who understood what RIP said bust up laughing "Ha, Haha good one!... Ha oh nothing, you dont want to know."
Daemon slightly agitated by them both grumbled "Alright, whatever lets just hurry up and get there."
... 15 minutes later ...

the library seemed oddly bussy for a weekend and of course all of the computers were taken, but daemon had been here often enough to know a port that no one would even think to look at. The book shelves, each shelf scanned the codes of the books on the shelf to keep a record of which ones were missing. the shelves are connected to the main system to keep a full inventory of the entire library so that people can reserve books online. daemon slid in the wireless port and sent jestergiest onto the net.

[to denteck net]
"Why did you jack me out!! i could have gone for another round of viruses easy!!"
Daemon put the pet into his pocket and began walking towards the front exit.
"Your joking right?! Jest you have one arm and you're hemorrhaging more junk data than the average yahoo account!" Daemon awaited the normal off the wall B.S. response but instead silence... "Hello?... Jest?..." after a couple more seconds Daemon pulled the PET back out of his pocket to be greeted by a grey screen with an alert message in the center.
"Critical Status: Navi Set to Standby. Repair Progs: Activated. continue auto-repair? [Yes] [No]"
"[No]"
"the Navi is in critical condition. Leave in Sleep Mode while awaiting manual repairs? [Yes][No]"
"[Yes]"
Looking at their brand new zenny count Daemon had the urge to go do some spur of the moment spending while Jest was in stasis. Daemon stepped outside the library and hailed a passing cab.
"Destination?"
"Scilabs."

[To Scilabs]
Walking through the doorway to the apartment revealed the same messy bed, broken alarm clock, and outdated TV. Apparently the only thing that looked expensive was a small laptop computer sitting at the edge of the desk between the window and closet. Emptying his pockets daemon pulled out his PET and Tossed the PU next to the laptop then sat down. Sliding the desk forward a few inches Daemon reached his hand down between the wall and table to retrieve a long black USB cord which he plugged into the laptop. the laptop. took a moment to think about what was being put into it then started the program. The Scilabs, logo flashed across the screen then minimized into the upper right hand corner.
Retrieving Data Files...
Daemon got up while the laptop continued to load. considering he didn't own a car, the number of keys on the keyring he pulled from his pocket was extremely conspicuous. flipping to a large brass key, daemon slid it into the lock and turned it over.
*click.. Kerchunk*
Daemon opened the door to a small walk-in closet space with clothes, shoes, and other miscellaneous items just like any other closet. turning to his right daemon pushed the clothes aside revealing metal panel lockers lining the wall each one had its own key. thumbing through the smaller keys a steel one with a purple rubber tab was used. behind the panel was a complex computer system with exposed boards packed tightly. Daemon slid the PU into an input slot along the edge then placed the PET on a small shelf space inside the locker and activated the wireless link-up.
closing the closet door partially on his way Daemon sat back down in front of the laptop. a 3D image of Jest in Standby had popped up in the program. this is where the rebuild process could be watched carefully to check for malfunctions. Daemon made the proper adjustments then began the reboot.
slowly waking up...
"(groggily) What the --?" looking around Jest Realized he was in, the vault. "Oh you little, I swear if you screwed up one line of coding imma kill you. Now get me out of this crappy antique scilab processor"
"Cry all you want but this Antique is the only thing calibrated to fix your coding any other computer would try to fix you like a regular custom navi, and we both know what that does."
Jest thinks about it then gives a little cringe.
"Whatever just get me out of this thing, all i can hear is grinding, clunking, and dial tones."
"will do. So, while you were out I Traded the cornshot1 for something i think you'll like better and oh yea I got us a mission."
"I hate you, so much."
"Ohh, you're very welcome. I'm soo glad I went and bought a PU for you." (Sarcasmometer broken).
"just Jack in and meet them in Internet city."
Waves Hands around his head and Sticks his tounge out as he Jacks into the net.

[Internet City]
Walking through the doorway to the apartment revealed the same messy bed, broken alarm clock, and outdated TV. Apparently the only thing that looked expensive was a small laptop computer sitting at the edge of the desk between the window and closet. Emptying his pockets daemon pulled out his PET and Tossed the PU next to the laptop then sat down. Sliding the desk forward a few inches Daemon reached his hand down between the wall and table to retrieve a long black USB cord which he plugged into the laptop. the laptop. took a moment to think about what was being put into it then started the program. The Scilabs, logo flashed across the screen then minimized into the upper right hand corner.
Retrieving Data Files...
Daemon got up while the laptop continued to load. considering he didn't own a car, the number of keys on the keyring he pulled from his pocket was extremely conspicuous. flipping to a large brass key, daemon slid it into the lock and turned it over.
*click.. Kerchunk*
Daemon opened the door to a small walk-in closet space with clothes, shoes, and other miscellaneous items just like any other closet. turning to his right daemon pushed the clothes aside revealing metal panel lockers lining the wall each one had its own key. thumbing through the smaller keys a steel one with a purple rubber tab was used. behind the panel was a complex computer system with exposed boards packed tightly. Daemon slid the PU into an input slot along the edge then placed the PET on a small shelf space inside the locker and activated the wireless link-up.
closing the closet door partially on his way Daemon sat back down in front of the laptop. a 3D image of Jest in Standby had popped up in the program. this is where the rebuild process could be watched carefully to check for malfunctions. Daemon made the proper adjustments then began the reboot.
slowly waking up...
"(groggily) What the --?" looking around Jest Realized he was in, the vault. "Oh you little, I swear if you screwed up one line of coding imma kill you. Now get me out of this crappy antique scilab processor"
"Cry all you want but this Antique is the only thing calibrated to fix your coding any other computer would try to fix you like a regular custom navi, and we both know what that does."
Jest thinks about it then gives a little cringe.
"Whatever just get me out of this thing, all i can hear is grinding, clunking, and dial tones."
"will do. So, while you were out I Traded the cornshot1 for something i think you'll like better and oh yea I got us a mission."
"I hate you, so much."
"Ohh, you're very welcome. I'm soo glad I went and bought a PU for you." (Sarcasmometer broken).
"just Jack in and meet them in Internet city."
Waves Hands around his head and Sticks his tongue out as he Jacks into the net.

[Internet City]
Linking directly to the home page Jest was ecstatic about getting his new chips. "Whoo! That Navi just got Powned! Forget facepalm, more like face sidewalk! Am I right, Up High!" Daemon met this display of arrogance with a grimace. Jest was left hanging with both hands in the air. "You mad bro?" As if he had rehearsed the retort prior to jests arrival "You deleted a Net police navi! so, no i'm not exactly pleased about that. what if you had been caught or they had put up a jack out barrier?" letting his hands fall slowly back to his sides Jest let out a *whistle, splat* mimicking the sound of the falling NP navi. a smirk flashed momentarily across daemons face. Changing the subject, "Hmm... I would say we should go buy some upgrades because of your level up, but I sorta spent most of our zenny on chips so... I'm thinking we make a busting run to test out these chips." Before daemon even finished the sentence Jest was revved up and on his way. "Oh yea! I knew you couldn't really be mad at me Oppy. Alright, its my turn to pick the place this time!" Then in a flash of green Jest left for the next location leaving his operator to follow his hyperlink.

[To Netopia]