Buying Time

"...Ah, shoot!" The sights of ElecTown were unwelcome to Sabrina's eyes, as she scowled and scanned the area. "I got on the wrong train!"

"Yep, this sure isn't Yoka..."

"...Hmm. What time is it?"

"Uhh, a little after 4. Why?"

"Still too early for supper, anyway...blah! Too early to head back, but it's too late to really window shop or anything!"

"...If you want, we can do a little busting!"

"Really? Sure you're up for it?"

"Yep! I don't mind! I'm feeling a bit better now that I've had a little time to rest!"

"You don't sound like it, but if you're fine with it..." Let's see...ah, right there, a computer demo at a shop. Now she just needed to point at it with her PET, and..."Jack in! SplashMan, Execute!"

(OFF TO ROGUE ELECTOWN)
The instant her Navi was back in her PET, Sabrina pressed a button, causing SplashMan to vanish to the depths of its memory. She didn't even bother to let him give an explanation; it'd just make her mad. A few moments later, her second, generally more aesthetically pleasing Navi popped up, surprisingly wide awake. "Hey Sabrina! Glad to be back!"

"Your brother's an idiot!"

"Hey, calm down...you know he did it just to make you feel better!"

"Well, it didn't work!"

"...How about you get a soda or something? Maybe that'll help make you feel better!"

"...I guess...he's still an idiot to let me make him fight like that, though!" Luckily, there was a vending machine nearby, which she promptly headed for. Let's see...ah, that looked good. Just use the non-NetBattling account...huh? "Hey! Why isn't it working?!"

"Hmm...well, when a vending machine doesn't work like that, there one reason that pops into my head. Want me to take a look? Unlike SplashMan, I'm well rested!"

"Sure! I'm not letting anything eat my money like that!" And the jack in port was right there in front, for easy access. How convenient. "Jack in! SplashLady, Execute!"

This would hardly be a standard busting, though...

(TO...YOU KNOW WHERE)
"Wow...we really did it!" As soon as her Navi was back in the safe confines of the PET, Sabrina holsered the device, and looked at the machine with a smirk. "I didn't get my money back, but we got something way better!"

"No kidding! And it's going to be a while before all this adrenaline gets out of me!...Or whatever the Navi equivalent is...oh, you know what I mean!"

"Well, I have an idea for getting rid of it! I'm bored, and have no homework tonight...so, how about we do a mission?"

"Well, I need a little bit of R+R after all that...but after you head home and eat supper, sure!"

"Sounds like a plan! I'll put in a request now, so we can get started as soon as possible!" Of course, that meant she needed to head back...but it was about time anyway. So, off to the MetroLine with her.

(TO YOKA)