In the Pink Squirrel

Like a gentle breeze, Dawn entered the park. Or at least, she would've if gentle breezes were human shaped and wore dresses. Seriously, who entered like a gentle breeze? A loser, that's who. Which is why she definitely did NOT enter like a gentle breeze. Especially since gentle breezes didn't make a beeline for squirrel statues.

"You know, this is a really cute statue!"

"...Yeah. Cute. Right. Don't make me regret telling you about it." A Navi hologram appeared on the woman's shoulder. Strangely, it was gray and prominently featured unsettlingly large blades. Probably not the kind of Navi one would expect her to have. "The real reason I told you about it is because it actually contains a server, so you can jack into it. Since, you know, you're on break and have nothing better to do. And I need to extend my blades into something before I get rusty."

"Oh, that's true, but I think it'd actually be kinda nice to just sit back for a little while. I haven't had a chance to unwind for some time..."

"No! You're jacking me in before I snap and start shredding this PET's base programs to amuse myself!"

"Sigh...you're incorrigible, you know that?"

"I wouldn't have to be if you told your lackeys to leave you alone for a while!"

"You know I can't do that...but, if you want to bust so badly, I guess it couldn't hurt. It's pretty fun, anyway." Hmm, now where was the port for jacking in...ah, there it was. Now she simply needed to point her PET's infrared sensor at it, and...

"Jack in! SharpMan, Execute!"

(TO THE NET)
Almost immediately after ending up back in his PET of residence, SharpMan proceeded to lay back, and relax as the wounds of his battles started to be overwritten. "I still can't believe I did that bad against that weird guy...meh, whatever."

"Speaking of which, any ideas on what to do with MeteorKnuckle?"

"Put it up for trade, but if the offer doesn't look good, don't bite. I'm a sword user, but even I have to admit there's a certain something you feel when using fists."

"Certain something? If you say so..." The PET suddenly gave a beeping noise, causing Dawn to take a good look at it. "Ahh, that's right. I was going to see if I could get a tour of SciLab today."

"...You forgot that? What, was my technique so awe-inspiring that you lost track of time?"

"Sorry, but I've seen you in action before. You were hardly at your best."

"Wh-What?!"

"Hee hee! But come to think of it, I think it'll be better if I just do it tomorrow. It's getting a little late, even for a private tour."

"Whatever. So you're gonna call it a day?"

"Well, before I head for the hotel, is there anything you need me to buy?"

"...Nah. I won't bother you with anything. We can get stuff tomorrow at SciLab, anyway."

"Well, it's not a huge imposition...but if you don't mind waiting, so be it." With a yawn, Dawn stood up and stretched, looking around the park. It was really a nice place...she could see why it was famous. ...Hmm? Over there, on one of the benches...looked like a girl from Netopia. While that alone wouldn't draw her interest, she couldn't shake a feeling of deja vu about her. "Hmm..."

"What? ...That girl? Forget it. My gut says she's underaged. Though, I didn't think you swung that way...heh heh heh!"

"...Shut up! I just have the feeling I've seen her before somewhere."

"...You know, now that you mention it, I think I've seen her before, too. Gah, now that's gonna drive me crazy until I figure it out!"

"Well, standing around isn't going to solve anything. Besides, it's rude to stare. And Mama didn't raise me like that!" With an elegant turn of her heel, the Whazzapian woman started her way over to the Metroline. Sure, she could just hail a cab, but who knew? Maybe she'd get an idea or two this way.

(TO ELECTOWN)