FistGirl571@DenMail.net

This is the inbox for Leslie Battle, and her Navi, Martia.
TO: ??? (FistGirl571@DenMail.net)
SUBJECT: Happy Holidays!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy your new chip!

(DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL.)

ATTACHMENT: Avalanche1 BattleChip data
TO: Leslie and Martia (FistGirl571@DenMail.net)
SUBJECT: Happy Holidays!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy your new chip!

[Attached: GolemHit1 Battlechip data]
To: Martia (FistGirl571@DenMail.net)
Subject: Re: About earlier

[Rather than a normal email response, opening Lyntael's return email causes the message to revert to Lyntael's personal file format, an .ides file, which analyses its platform to work out the most appropriate display form. It determines this to be movie-like holograph of the young girl, sitting with her knees drawn up and her arms wrapped about them. Her eyes are suspiciously red.]

"Martia! Hi, sorry for not writing back at once, I... I had work to do for Rogan again, and it didn't go that well. Oh! Um, don't worry about the file format, if you were. It's all safe. The .ides are... well, they're me, sort of. It's complicated, but they can display as almost any media type, depending on what you use to access them, and they can contain every aspect of a full experiential log, depending on how its layered, heh. They're really neat, actually, Eric designed them for me. It's great, because I can pass an .ides fragment to someone for, like, a design schematic, interlaced with a document describing the building, interlaced with a recorded discussion about the plans, and it's super-light, and will only display whatever's relevant based on what you access the file with... It's more complicated than that, but...." she trailed off and bit her lip. "Sorry, I'm rambling. I should start over... I'll delete that." The image of the girl sat still again for a moment and took a deep breath, but apparently whatever she had meant to do to scrub the first section didn't happen, since it had just played. Lyntael began again, unaware.

"Hi Martia! Sorry I didn't write back right away, Rogan needed me for stuff. Don't worry about the file, it's safe. I'll tell you about it some other time. Thanks for the information, though, I think I understand the whole Cross thing a lot better now. Maybe it won't happen by accident next time I need it?"

"Did you and Leslie get home alright after we said goodbye? I hope so, I'm sure you're fine. I..." Again she paused, fidgeting. When she looked up again, she was biting her lower lip.

"Hey Martia, I've read things other navis have said, where they say things like 'oh, he never shows it, but I know my operator really cares about me.' or 'yeah, I know how it looks on the outside, but there's a lot of love there!' or other things like that... but... how Do you know when something like that's the case?" There was an edge of uncertain pleading in the voice that the girl herself seemed to notice. She shook her head. "No, no, I can't say that... that just sounds, ugh, no... Ummm... try again." Another short sigh and obvious lack of the intended editing before she began again.

"Hey Martia, you and Leslie seem to get on great, and you both know the other cares a lot, right? I mean, even though there's some rough edges, and it sounds like sometimes there's some friction... but you never... doubt that, do you?" Her head dropped onto her knees and she shook it again. "No, don't say that, that sounds terrible... keep it simple." Again she looked forward.

"So anyway, Martia, listen... I know we only just met the other day, but, I've had a rough time, and I feel like I want to talk to someone about it who knows more than I do. I can't talk to Rogan about it... he won't, not properly... and I really don't want to worry Eric with this... So, I was wondering if maybe we could meet up some time, and just, you know, talk. Maybe I could visit you? Only, I couldn't say when exactly, because I'd have to slip out some time that Rogan was asleep... and he doesn't do that often enough." More fidgeting as she wondered whether to add more.

"If you'd rather not, that's ok, I'd understand. It's just, well, you're my only other friend, so, I'm sorry if I'm seeming all clingy out of the blue like this."

"I should leave it at that..." She nodded to herself, then looked up again as another thought occurred to her. "Oh, I meant to say! The reason I'm sending an .ides is for Rogan's security. It's complicated, but suffice to say, untraceable except maybe by anyone better with data than Eric... don't worry though, any answer you send, I'll get."

"Lyntael," What was unmistakably Rogan's voice cut across and Lyntael sat up straighter, a combination of surprised and also listening.

[A moment later the play back stops. Perhaps the reason for her lack of intended edits was an accidental send rather than a save?]

SUBJECT: Payment for Services Rendered

Martia,

Thank you for your cooperation in today's shoot. I've enclosed the premium for your payment: 3000 zenny. Please keep a record of this address: you may wish to inquire at a later date for a percentage commission based on sales of the edited video, photography, and any other associated sales. I would also be excited and honored to have your participation in future modeling events, should you be interested in joining them.

[Attached: 3000z]

-PhotoMan.EXE, Lead Photographer and Editor for the Showbizz Foundation
SUBJECT: Your New Chip!
Enjoy your new chip, and come to Soryu's for all of your chip needs!

ATTACHMENT: ColorBall1 BattleChip data
SUBJECT: Your Thank You Gift!
You should look into factions! You might be surprised to learn of the variety of roles and ways you can pitch in to help out around the net. Plus, with this new chip, you'll be better equipped than ever to help! Don't aim it at anyone who doesn't deserve it, okay?

Wishing you the best,
Holly.EXE

ATTACHMENT: ElecDragon1 BattleChip data
SUBJECT: Payback time
Hey Leslie and Martia. I've got a great story about taking down Dora and bringing her in for the bounty, but I'll save it for the next time we meet up. And let's just say I think I'll be able to drive to your place this time! :)

I've sent you along what I meant to give you earlier. Thanks for being patient!

That's all from me for now. Stay safe! :)

ATTACHMENT: FootStomp, 3750z
TO: Leslie Battle and Martia.EXE (fistgirl571@denmail.net)
FROM: Scourge.EXE p.p. Sofia Langley (reverie.langley@skymail.co.et), Care of ThrillsChills&FancyDress@roaming.cld
SUBJECT: Costume Exchange (Martia.EXE)
Hey, Martia,

Saw that there was this costume exchange event going on, so I thought I'd make up the perfect outfit for a... grappling expert, like yourself. Thank me later!

- Scourge

[Attached: Martia.EXE Graphical Model Override: HugBear.GMO]

Quote (Appearance)

In this form, Martia's armor gives way to a fully-covering teddy bear mascot suit, adding about a foot to her height. The suit is covered in entirely white, downy fur, save for its slightly beige face and short round ears, as well as its torso area, which has a circular beige patch on it. The circular beige patch has "HUG ME" embroidered on it in big red block letters. The costume's face has a very big, very unsettling smile on it, accompanied by beady black eyes, and a poofy nose. Atop its head, a large pink ribbon is attached next to its left ear. On its back, a comically large zipper hangs from the back of the neck, which can be pulled down to the costume's rear. The only oddities on the costume are its enormous red boxing gloves, worn on the bear's front paws, as well as the black belt-like accessory tied around its waist.

((You have been gifted this costume as part of the Thrills and Chills charity costume event! Enjoy your new outfit!))
TO: fistgirl571@denmail.net
Enjoy your new chip!

ATTACHMENT: CobraEgg1Damage: 110 + Ground Attack + Phasing + Homing
Accuracy: C
Description: A lightning-attuned snake slithers across the field, hunting for an enemy.
Duration: Once
Element: Elec
Trader Rank: D
BattleChip Data
TO: FistGirl571@DenMail.net
SUBJECT: Happy Giveaway!
Happy holidays! Please enjoy your new chip. Remember Soryu's for your next chip purchase!

Attached: SolarStageEffect: Full Stage Solar Terrain Change
Accuracy: S
Description: Changes the entire battlefield to Solar Terrain.
Element: Elec
Trader Rank: C
TO: fistGirl571@DenMail.net
Please enjoy your new chip, courtesy of Soryu's Chip Shop! Thank you for participating in this event and come back to Soryu's whenever chips are what you need!

(This email account is not monitored. Please do not reply to this message.)

Attached: WoodDragon3Damage: 200 + Ground Attack + Medium Area Grass Terrain Change + Terrain Changer
Accuracy: C
Description: Summons a WoodDragon that attacks enemies as it glides across the ground. Changes terrain to Grass as it passes.
Element: Wood
Special: Terrain Changer: Ceases attacking when the Terrain Change effect is completed (once 25% of the terrain is changed).
Trader Rank: B