The pages twirl and ripple to the beat.
Words fly elegantly out of a cup,
Viciously searching for someone to eat.
The dismal consumed are forever lost,
Within this vast alternate dimension.
The square consumer doesn't mind the cost,
All it wants is eternal affection.
Magically, the leather-bound mind stands,
Flowing down the sparkling golden river.
Though placed firmly within each reader's hands,
Remains yet only a tiny sliver.
My feathery pen flies across the stage,
And something sparkling comes out of its cage.

The Dancing Mind. (Petrarchan)

The wonderful mind composes a dance.
Sometimes it is slow, sometimes it is fast,
Inspired, it is, from something in past,
But critics may drive it down with a lance.
The creator may set them in a prance,
Each story could possibly be the last,
Each one, a wonderful spell it could cast,
Which sets all the readers into a trance.
The young mind wanders down the grand river,
Searching for the path to the grand ocean,
Where it can find the best inspiration.
Even if hope is a tiny sliver,
It is only a piece of the potion,
Which gives the reader some contemplation.

And...
Fanfiction...
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3597700/1/Teen_Chosens
The following is strictly a rough draft of a story for my writing club.

And they keep on marching...

The sky was pink, the fields were an endless plain of multiple colors, different flowers swayed in the powerful breeze, and in the midst of it all, a young man with short, but messy, brown hair, pale silver, pupil-less eyes that seem unnaturally large, wearing a leather brown jacket over a white T-shirt, sporting black jeans, but no shoes or socks, stood there, in the plains, gazing at the white clouds that floated by.
This was the five foot tall 15 year old Raymond Westall.
And he was currently high.
"Paradise, man..." Raymond whispered to himself while simultaneously falling back into the field of flowers, consequently hitting his head on his apartment floor and snapping back into reality.
A cigarette dangled loosely from the teenager's lip as he sighed, puffing out more smoke, before examining the LED display on the digital clock on his desk.
"4:30 PM" it read, yup, he was definitely late for his appointment.
Taking a deep breath, Raymond got up, put some socks on, shoved a pack of cigarettes into his pocket, slung a black, leather Jansport brand backpack over his right shoulder, let the breath out while putting on his blue and white New Balance sneakers, snatched his keys from the hanger on the wall, and went outside.

It was raining when Raymond got to the park, where someone was humming an indecipherable tune while playing on the swings.
"You're late Ray-ray," a feminine voice pouted, coming from the figure on the swings.
"Sorry Red," the teenager replied sheepishly, scratching the back of his head, "I got too into it."
"Then don't take them anymore, geez!" 'Red' replied, shaking her shoulder-length brown hair, blinking her blue eyes, and throwing her hands up into the air in protest. "I mean, seriously, why'd you even start?"
'Red' or more accurately, Reddington Apple, had been Raymond's friend since elementary school. She is currently wearing a long white overcoat that goes down to her knees, tight black sports pants, black fleece gloves, murky brown clog-like shoes, and a red scarf around her neck that covers the bottom of her face. Today she brought a black umbrella as well.
"Well Seraph is... you know how he is..." Raymond mumbled, before sighing and giving up on a lost cause.
"Whatever," Red grumbled, turning around and walking toward the street. "Anyways, let's go, I bet the rest of those four are waiting," she continued, back facing her friend.
"Yeah..." the boy mumbled in reply, trudging through the water with Red.

It was black.
An empty void.
Raymond gave that blackness and emptiness and long, hard sigh and a kick before crouching down on his haunches and covering the sides of his head with his hands.
"It's useless, I'll just... ruin everything," the teen moaned in depression.
Is that what you really think? His mother's voice asked, popping into his head.
"Yes," the boy replied bluntly, rolling his eyes. God, he hated those voices.
Then you're a failure. Raymond's brother's voice pointed out. And you'll continue to be so, if that's the attitude you have.
"Oh shut up," Raymond groaned, moving his hands over his face and curling up into a ball, "None of you idiots are alive anyway."
A simple delusion, might just not be a delusion at all. The teen's former martial arts teacher rang out. It might as well just be a conspiracy.
"A... conspiracy... huh?" the boy mumbled to himself as the world went back to light.

"You went back, didn't you?" Red inquired knowingly. She rang the doorbell to the two-story house in front of them again. Raymond pulled out a cigarette and his lighter, but suddenly stopped as the front door's lock clicked open, and the wooden panel swung open to reveal a girl of about 4'7" in height, wearing a navy blue dress with a white sweatshirt wrapped around her waist, and a hairclip of the same color as her dress in her bushy blonde hair.
"You're late," she snapped, her cold azure eyes glaring at the two newcomers.
"Blame him, Tem, not me," Red retorted, jerking her thumb at Raymond, who had managed to put away his lighter and cigarette and waved nervously at Temperance.
"Swear to god, you're almost worse than Argo," Tem grumbled in complaint as she gestured them to come in.
Three boys were sitting in the couch of the living room when Raymond, Red, and Tem stepped into it.
"H-hey g-guys," the boy on the couch's far left greeted the group. He seemed to be about 5 feet tall, possessed messy brown hair, topped off with a yellow cap, worn backwards, green stripes tracing around the cap, a green plus sign over the opening for the adjusting strap. A blue hooded sweatshirt covers the top of his body, while there is the faint hint of a red, long-sleeved turtleneck underneath the sweatshirt. Black sports pants and grey-toned boots cover the lower half of his body. "H-how's it going?" the teen stuttered.
"Oh shut the hell up Rasshole," the boy in the middle snapped, despite his short stature. "You know that they're friggin' late," the kid growled. Unlike the rest of the occupants of the room, the forest green button up jacket wearing speaker, with a white sleeveless top on the inside, was only about 4 feet, but easily had the most explosive temper of the bunch. Leather brown, fingerless gloves covered his hands, which were now occupied with playing something on his PSP handheld game system. A brown belt with a yellow buckle held up the boy's light green pants while black shoes covered his feet. His green eyes focused on the gameplay while his messy dirty-blonde hair frizzed about.
"AFFIRMATIVE, ARGO. ISHMAEL ALSO CONCURS THAT RASS IS BEING NAÏVE," the third man shouted, possibly unable to control his voice's sound level. Ishmael had orange hair, in a sort of a mophead shape. The tallest of the group, towering at about 5'7", the teen stared idly at the newcomers with his crimson red eyes. A baggy red hooded zip-up jacket, partially open at the neck, covered his body, and a white inner shirt could be seen under the jacket. Ishmael's pants were the same design and color as Rass's, and his feet were covered in red and white colored sneakers.
"I w-was j-just t-tr-trying t-to make a f-friendly c-conversation," Rass protested.
"Anyway, we should get started," Temperance interrupted, slamming her hand on the living room table. "So, in the first scene..." But Raymond had already drifted off while the group was gathered at the table.
Raymond was flying in the sky now, swiftly riding the air currents to tomorrow. The clouds thundered ominously as the teenager glided among the heavens.
"It's a... kick?" the boy asked himself, trying to decide on something.
"Or... is it a high?" he pondered, swooping out of the way of a lighting bolt.
Whether it's a kick or a high, you're still not paying close attention. Raymond's sister's voice chided as the boy zigzagged between lighting bolts.
"It's going to end badly," the teenager grumbled as a barrage of rockets exploded next to him, causing him to lose altitude and plummet toward the earth.

"RAYMOND!"
The teenager snapped awake as he looked up at his group mates.
Ah~ I'm lying on the floor. He deduced as he slowly got up.
"Er- Sorry about that," the boy apologized sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.
"Geez, you should really stop taking those," Red pouted, obviously annoyed with her friend's lack of attention.
"Well, it can't be helped, he's probably already addicted to them," Temperance sighed as she went back to the storyboard for the project.
"W-what? N-no I'm not!" Raymond protested, trying to emphasize his point, but Ishmael stopped him by putting his hand on Raymond's shoulder. "Ish..." Raymond spoke, but the giant shook his head, and the teen relented.
"Now, pay attention, the acting for this part is very difficult because of Argo's role," Tem said, continuing with her lecture.
"What the? I don't see a problem!" Argo protested, staring hard at the storyboard. "I mean, I just have to fight ten guys, right?"
"ISHMAEL CONCLUDES THAT TEMPERANCE IS SUGGESTING ARGO'S LACK OF CONTROL IN POWER," Ishamel announced, folding his arms firmly across his chest.
"What!? No way! I'm totally in control of my blows, right Rass?" Argo questioned.
"W-well y-you are a bit..." Rass pondered, trying to think of the right word.
"Tempermental?" Red stated bluntly.
"No way! That's no fair, all of you idiots ganging up on me!" Argo shouted, waving his arms furiously up and down in annoyance.

"Well, today wasn't bad," Red commented, bracing her umbrella over her shoulder. It had stopped raining and the two were walking back home.
"Yeah," Raymond agreed, stretching his arms. The sun looked glaring, but warm today.
"Ah, a rainbow," Red pointed out, directing Raymond's attention to the multi-colored after effect of a shower of water.
"You're right," he commented, gazing idly at the rainbow. It was interesting, but not as good as an army of rocket propelled hippos invading the school and cancelling classes.
"Say, what are you going to do tomorrow?" Red asked, her feet crunching on wet fallen leaves.
"Dunno, homework maybe," the teenager replied, shrugging.
"Hm, I'll call you then," his childhood friend said, turning into another street. "Later."
"Yeah," Raymond grunted, as he waved at his friend's retreating figure, before continuing on his way home.
The teenager was in a dark alley, his silver eyes narrowed and quickly darted back and forth, examining his surroundings. A strange cackle came from behind and Raymond quickly turned around.
"MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~" cackled whoever was cackling. On first look it seemed to be a homeless man in a big green tattered overcoat, silver hair protruding messily over his face under the cardboard bag adorned on the top of the hobo's head. The maniac's magenta eyes swirled eerily as he stalked closer to Raymond. The teenager took a step back, eyeing his opponent warily.
"So, we meet again. Professor Daniel Nathaniel Russack!" Raymond said, venom lacing his voice as he took a fighting stance.
"Yes, yes, mwehehehe! Now Raymond! Come join the Army of Marijuana! That Cigarette Gang won't help you anymore! And now, with my new medical breakthrough, this marijuana is now devoid of ANY SIDE EFFECTS!" the Professor Hobo roared in triumph as Raymond 'tched' while lunging at DNR with his fist.
The blow was swiftly and erratically dodged with DNR twisting his body loosely out of the way.
"BABY DIAPER BARRAGE!" the mad doctor shouted, throwing multiple discarded baby diapers at our hero.
"Argh!" Raymond screamed, bringing him arms up to protect his face from being smothered with the waste on the discarded diapers. "Why you-!"
"Ahahaha! That's what you get for not coming to our side, little Raymond!" DNR taunted, while bouncing back and forth in the alley. "I mean, certainly those cigarettes can't offer all that you need?"
"Grr... RAH!" the teenager yelled, grabbing up a metal rod from the ground and charging at his opponent, swiping left and right at the mad doctor, but to no avail, as the former doctor quickly sidestepped to avoid Raymond's incoming attacks.
"What's wrong? You're miss-ing~!" DNR whistled, while drawing sword made out of cardboard from his cloak, his white, gloved hands twirled the makeshift weapons dangerously before rushing at the teenager. The mad doctor attacked our hero relentlessly, cackling madly all the while, Raymond whimpered as he blocked as many blows as he could, but was soon knocked back by the sheer rapidity of the hobo's blows.
"It's futile! Your simple street fighting won't match my hardcore trained Cardboard Weaponry Survival Style in 100 years!" DNR reprimanded. "Now, wouldn't it be easier to leave those cigarettes for my grand marijuana?"
"N-not yet! Those cigarettes, burn their lasting friendship in my heart! I won't trade them for any medical breakthrough you've ever made, Professor DNR!" Raymond yelled as he rushed at DNR, metal rod brandished high over his head.
"Pathetic," the mad doctor muttered, as he drew a cardboard rod back. "DEATHBLOW! TRASH SMASHES THE MIGHTY!" In an instant, Raymond was slammed hard in the chest by the cardboard staff, and sent flying back against a dumpster.
"N-no way..." the teenager grumbled, grimacing as he clutched his side in pain.
"Give up the cigarettes Raymond, it's for your own good," DNR threatened, pointing his cardboard implements dangerously at the teen.
"Not so fast evildoer! DIMENSION KIIIIIIICK!" a voice bellowed as an orange streak descended from above, dropkicking the mad doctor in a feat of justice.
"No way... it can't be..." DNR gasped, shocked at the new arrival.
"Dimensionman!?" Raymond blurted as the orange-armor clad superhero appeared before him.
"Yes, now I'll put a stop to your plans, Professor Daniel Nathaniel Russack!" Dimesnionman announced, pointing dramatically at the doctor.
"No way! I'm out of here! POWER TO THE MARIJUANA!" DNR shouted as he activated his hidden jetpack and rocketed up into the air to escape.
"Wait!" Raymond called, but Dimensionman stopped him. "Dimensionman..."
"It's ok Raymond, after all, I'm just a figure of your drug-induced imagination," Dimensionman comforted, giving the teen a thumbs up and a teeth flashing smile. "But you know, the question isn't whether or not to use cigarettes or marijuana." The Power Ranger ripoff started, before hitting his chest with his fist, "It's whether or not to take drugs in general! Remember that! Dimensionman HOOOOOOO!" the hero yelled before taking off in a leap toward the skies.
"Whether or not to take drugs... huh?" the teen muttered while slowly warping back to reality.

"That's it!" Raymond yelled, apparently having an epiphany of some sort, "All I have to do is not take drugs! Yes! From this day forward! Drugs are off limits!" The teenager proclaimed, pumping his fist into the air as he got up from the floor of his apartment.
Then, he ate a bowl of Captain Crunch, asked Red on a date, and finished his filming project with the group he was in. He and Red grew up, went to college, got married, obtained good-paying jobs as jet pilots, had two kids, and lived happily ever after.
FINAL DRAFT?

The sky was pink, the fields were an endless plain of multiple colors, different flowers swayed in the powerful breeze, and in the midst of it all, a young man scratched his short brown hair, making it messier than usual. The teen's pale silver, pupil-less eyes that seem unnaturally large, stared blankly at the amber clouds that floated by. He wore a leather brown jacket over a white T-shirt and sported black jeans. His bare feet stood stone-still while being tickled by the grass of the plains.
This was the five foot tall 15 year old Raymond Westall.
"Paradise, man..." Raymond whispered to himself while simultaneously falling back into the field of flowers, consequently hitting his head on his apartment floor and snapping back into reality.
A cigarette dangled loosely from the teenager's lip as he sighed, puffing out more smoke, before examining the LED display on the digital clock on his desk.
"4:30 PM" it read, yup, he was definitely late for his appointment.
Taking a deep breath, Raymond got up, put some socks on, shoved a pack of cigarettes into his pocket, slung a black, leather Jansport brand backpack over his right shoulder, let the breath out while putting on his blue and white New Balance sneakers, snatched his keys from the hanger on the wall, and stumbled outside.

It was raining when Raymond got to the park, where someone was humming an indecipherable tune while playing on the swings.
"You're late Ray-ray," a feminine voice pouted, coming from the figure on the swings.
"Sorry Red," the teenager replied sheepishly, scratching the back of his head, "I got too into it."
"Then don't take them anymore, geez!" 'Red' replied, shaking her shoulder-length brown hair, blinking her blue eyes, and throwing her black leather gloved hands up into the air in protest. "I mean, seriously, why'd you even start?"
'Red' or more accurately, Reddington Apple, had been Raymond's friend since elementary school. She was currently wearing a long white overcoat that went down to her knees, tight black sports pants, murky brown clog-like shoes, and a red scarf around her neck that covered the bottom of her face. All of which were prevented from being recklessly soaked by the current weather by the black umbrella she carried as well..
"Well Seraph is... you know how he is..." Raymond mumbled, before sighing and giving up on a lost cause.
"Whatever," Red grumbled, turning around and walking toward the street, "Anyways, let's go, I bet the rest of those four are waiting," she continued, back facing her friend.

It was black.
An empty void.
Raymond gave that blackness and emptiness and long, hard sigh and a kick before crouching down on his haunches and covering the sides of his head with his hands.
"It's useless, I'll just... ruin everything," the teen moaned in depression.
Then you're a failure. Raymond's brother's voice pointed out. And you'll continue to be so, if that's the attitude you have.
"Oh shut up," Raymond groaned, moving his hands over his face and curling up into a ball, "None of you idiots are alive anyway."
A simple delusion, might just not be a delusion at all. The teen's former martial arts teacher rang out. It might as well just be a conspiracy.
"A... conspiracy... huh?" the boy mumbled to himself as the world went back to light.

Raymond thought back to that time, two years ago when it all started.
"Hey Raymond, want to try some weed?" a young teenage boy with glasses prodded our protagonist. The teenager just stared, then went on.
"Aw, come on~ Don't be like that," the druggie whined, pulling on Raymond's sleeve.
"I'm not interested, those things messed up my dad's head," Raymond commented coldly. "If it weren't for those stupid drugs I wouldn't be living in an apartment by myself while my mom works 24 hours a day to give me an education! So don't offer me those ever again, Seraph!"
"Dude, chill," Seraph commented, scratching his scruffy white hair as his red eyes blinked.
"Whatever, just don't..." Raymond started, until Seraph popped a weed cigarette in the teenager's mouth and quickly lighted it.
"Now, inhale," the gamer nerd commanded cheerfully. The teenager did so, and so began his addiction.

"You went back, didn't you?" Red inquired knowingly as her friend came back to his senses. She rang the doorbell to the two-story house in front of them again. Raymond pulled out a cigarette and his lighter, but suddenly stopped as the front door's lock clicked open, and the wooden panel swung open to reveal a girl of about 4'7" in height, wearing a navy blue dress with a white sweatshirt wrapped around her waist, and a hairclip of the same color as her dress in her bushy blonde hair.
"You're late," she snapped, her cold azure eyes glaring at the two newcomers.
"Blame him, Tem, not me," Red retorted, jerking her thumb at Raymond, who had managed to put away his lighter and cigarette and waved nervously at Temperance.
"Swear to god, you're almost worse than Argo," Tem grumbled in complaint as she gestured them to come in.
Three boys were sitting in the couch of the living room when Raymond, Red, and Tem stepped into it.
"H-hey g-guys," the boy on the couch's far left greeted the group. He seemed to be about 5 feet tall, possessed messy brown hair, topped off with a yellow cap, worn backwards, green stripes tracing around the cap, a green plus sign over the opening for the adjusting strap. A blue hooded sweatshirt covers the top of his body, while there is the faint hint of a red, long-sleeved turtleneck underneath the sweatshirt. Black sports pants and grey-toned boots cover the lower half of his body. "H-how's it going?" the teen stuttered.
"Oh shut the hell up Rasshole," the boy in the middle snapped, despite his short stature. "You know that they're friggin' late," the kid growled. Unlike the rest of the occupants of the room, the forest green button up jacket wearing speaker, with a white sleeveless top on the inside, was only about 4 feet, but easily had the most explosive temper of the bunch. Leather brown, fingerless gloves covered his hands, which were now occupied with playing something on his PSP handheld game system. A brown belt with a yellow buckle held up the boy's light green pants while black shoes covered his feet. His green eyes focused on the gameplay while his messy dirty-blonde hair frizzed about.
"AFFIRMATIVE, ARGO. ISHMAEL ALSO CONCURS THAT RASS IS BEING NAÏVE," the third man shouted, possibly unable to control his sound level. Ishmael had orange hair, in a sort of a mophead shape. The tallest of the group, towering at about 5'7", the teen stared idly at the newcomers with his crimson red eyes. A baggy red hooded zip-up jacket, partially open at the neck, covered his body, and a white inner shirt could be seen under the jacket. Ishmael's pants were the same design and color as Rass's, and his feet were covered in red and white colored sneakers.
"I w-was j-just t-tr-trying t-to make a f-friendly c-conversation," Rass protested.
"Anyway, we should get started," Temperance interrupted, slamming her hand on the living room table. "So, in the first scene..." But Raymond had already drifted off while the group was gathered at the table.

Raymond was flying in the sky now, swiftly riding the air currents to tomorrow. The clouds thundered ominously as the teenager glided among the heavens.
Whether it's a kick or a high, you're still not paying close attention. Raymond's sister's voice chided as the boy zigzagged between lighting bolts.
"It's going to end badly," the teenager grumbled as a barrage of rockets exploded next to him, causing him to lose altitude and plummet toward the earth.

"RAYMOND!"
The teenager snapped awake as he looked up at his group mates.
Ah~ I'm lying on the floor. He deduced as he slowly got up.
"Er- Sorry about that," the boy apologized sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.
"Geez, you should really stop taking those," Red pouted, obviously annoyed with her friend's lack of attention.
"Well, it can't be helped, he's probably already addicted to them," Temperance sighed as she went back to the storyboard for the project.
"W-what? N-no I'm not!" Raymond protested, trying to emphasize his point, but Ishmael stopped him by putting his hand on Raymond's shoulder. "Ish..." Raymond spoke, but the giant shook his head, and the teen relented.
"Now, pay attention, the acting for this part is very difficult because of Argo's role," Tem said, continuing with her lecture.
"What the? I don't see a problem!" Argo protested, staring hard at the storyboard. "I mean, I just have to fight ten guys, right?"
"ISHMAEL CONCLUDES THAT TEMPERANCE IS SUGGESTING ARGO'S LACK OF CONTROL IN POWER," Ishamel announced, folding his arms firmly across his chest.
"What!? No way! I'm totally in control of my blows, right Rass?" Argo questioned.
"W-well y-you are a bit..." Rass pondered, trying to think of the right word.
"Tempermental?" Red stated bluntly.
"No way! That's no fair, all of you idiots ganging up on me!" Argo shouted, waving his arms furiously up and down in annoyance.

"Well, today wasn't bad," Red commented, bracing her umbrella over her shoulder. It had stopped raining and the two were walking back home.
"Yeah," Raymond agreed, stretching his arms. The sun looked glaring, but warm today.
"Ah, a rainbow," Red pointed out, directing Raymond's attention to the multi-colored after effect of a shower of water.
"You're right," he commented, gazing idly at the rainbow. It was interesting, but not as good as an army of rocket propelled hippos invading the school and cancelling classes.
"Say, what are you going to do tomorrow?" Red asked, her feet crunching on wet fallen leaves.
"Hm, I'll call you then," his childhood friend said, turning into another street. "Later."
"Yeah," Raymond grunted, as he waved at his friend's retreating figure, before continuing on his way home.

The teenager was in a dark alley, his silver eyes narrowed and quickly darted back and forth, examining his surroundings. Yup, he was definitely not in his room, smoking weed. A strange cackle came from behind and Raymond quickly turned around.
"MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~" cackled whoever was cackling. On first look it seemed to be a homeless man in a big green tattered overcoat, silver hair protruding messily over his face under the cardboard bag adorned on the top of the hobo's head. The maniac's magenta eyes swirled eerily as he stalked closer to Raymond. The teenager took a step back, eyeing his opponent warily.
"So, we meet again. Professor Daniel Nathaniel Russack!" Raymond said, venom lacing his voice as he took a fighting stance. Among the delusions the teenager had, this had to be the most recurring.
"Yes, yes, mwehehehe! Now Raymond! Come join the Army of Marijuana! That Cigarette Gang won't help you anymore! And now, with my new medical breakthrough, this marijuana is now devoid of ANY SIDE EFFECTS!" the Professor Hobo roared in triumph as Raymond 'tched' while lunging at DNR with his fist.
The blow was swiftly and erratically dodged with DNR twisting his body loosely out of the way.
"BABY DIAPER BARRAGE!" the mad doctor shouted, throwing multiple discarded baby diapers at our hero.
"Argh!" Raymond screamed, bringing him arms up to protect his face from being smothered with the waste on the discarded diapers. "Why you-!"
"Ahahaha! That's what you get for not coming to our side, little Raymond!" DNR taunted, while bouncing back and forth in the alley. "I mean, certainly those cigarettes can't offer all that you need?"
"Grr... RAH!" the teenager yelled, grabbing up a metal rod from the ground and charging at his opponent, swiping left and right at the mad doctor, but to no avail, as the former doctor quickly sidestepped to avoid Raymond's incoming attacks.
"What's wrong? You're miss-ing~!" DNR chided teasingly, while drawing sword made out of cardboard from his cloak, his white, gloved hands twirled the makeshift weapon dangerously before rushing at the teenager. The mad doctor attacked our hero relentlessly, cackling madly all the while, Raymond whimpered as he blocked as many blows as he could, but was soon knocked back by the sheer rapidity of the hobo's blows.
"It's futile! Your simple street fighting won't match my hardcore trained Cardboard Weaponry Survival Style in 100 years!" DNR reprimanded. "Now, wouldn't it be easier to leave those cigarettes for my grand marijuana?"
"N-not yet! Those cigarettes, burn their lasting friendship in my heart! I won't trade them for any medical breakthrough you've ever made, Professor DNR!" Raymond yelled as he rushed at DNR, metal rod brandished high over his head.
"Pathetic," the mad doctor muttered, as he drew a cardboard rod back. "DEATHBLOW! CARDBOARD CORRECTION!" In an instant, Raymond was slammed hard in the chest by the cardboard staff, and sent flying back against a dumpster. The metal rod he once held was removed from his grip and went spinning off to the side.
"Give up the cigarettes Raymond, it's for your own good," DNR threatened, pointing his cardboard implements dangerously at the teen.
"Never," Raymond growled defiantly, glaring at the doctor with determined eyes.
"Well, then the party is just about OVER!" Russack cackled, raising his cardboard sword and bringing it down upon Raymond's head.
"Not so fast evildoer! DIMENSION KIIIIIIICK!" a voice bellowed as an orange streak descended from above, dropkicking the mad doctor in a feat of justice.
"No way... it can't be..." DNR gasped, staggering back, clutching at his side. His mouth hung open in shock at the new arrival.
"Dimensionman!?" Raymond blurted as the orange-armor clad superhero appeared before him.
"Yes, now I'll put a stop to your plans, Professor Daniel Nathaniel Russack!" Dimensionman announced, pointing dramatically at the doctor.
"No way! I'm out of here! POWER TO THE MARIJUANA!" DNR shouted as he activated his hidden jetpack and rocketed up into the air to escape.
"It's ok Raymond, after all, I'm just a figure of your drug-induced imagination," Dimensionman comforted, giving the teen a thumbs up and a teeth flashing smile. "But you know, the question isn't whether or not to use cigarettes or marijuana." The Power Ranger ripoff started, before hitting his chest with his fist, "It's whether or not to take drugs in general! Remember that! Dimensionman HOOOOOOO!" the hero yelled before taking off in a leap toward the skies.
"Whether or not to take drugs... huh?" the teen muttered while slowly warping back to reality.

"That's it!" Raymond yelled, apparently having an epiphany of some sort, "All I have to do is not take drugs! Yes! From this day forward! Drugs are off limits!" The teenager proclaimed, pumping his fist into the air as he got up from the floor of his apartment. He then proceeded to overbalance himself and fall to floor, knocking himself unconscious and falling into a dreamless sleep.

The next day was Monday, so Raymond woke up at his usual time before going to school. For breakfast, he ate a bowl of Cap'N Crunch, it was a silent day to say the least.
"I'm off," he called to no one in particular, as he put on his leather brown shoes. He didn't have any parents at home. They left for work quite early.
Trudging down the street, Raymond spotted Red leaning against a telephone pole, staring blankly into the distance. She must've been waiting for him for a while.
"Morning," he greeted his friend with a weak wave.
"I see you're off today," she commented, still staring avidly at the sky. It was true. Raymond had started forsaking the cigarettes and other drugs that had come his way. Red turned on one heel toward the direction of the school.
"Well, let's get going, the principal isn't too fond of people being late," she stated, back facing her childhood friend.
"Yeah," the former drug addict muttered, following his friend toward the school.
It was a bright day, for a bright future.
Passing the park, one could spot ants transferring food to their anthill, and no matter what obstacle, they would keep marching on.

End.
For realz this time.
Oh, and did I mention the theme for these writings was insanity? :'D

The sky was pink, the fields were an endless plain of multiple colors, different flowers swayed in the powerful breeze, and in the midst of it all, a young man scratched his short brown hair, making it messier than usual. The teen's pale silver, pupil-less eyes which seemed unnaturally large, stared blankly at the amber clouds that floated by. He wore a leather brown jacket over a white T-shirt and sported black jeans. His bare feet stood stone-still while being tickled by the grass of the plains.
This was the five foot tall 15-year-old Raymond Westall.
"4:30 PM" it read. Yup, he was definitely late for his appointment.
Taking a deep breath, Raymond got up, put some socks on, shoved a pack of cigarettes into his pocket, slung a black, leather Jansport backpack over his right shoulder, let his breath out while putting on his blue and white New Balance sneakers, snatched his keys from the hanger on the wall, and stumbled outside.

"You're late!" a feminine voice pouted, coming from the figure on the swings. The girl got up furiously, stomping her feet while simultaneously knocking the swings against each other to produce a clanging dissonance that resounded throughout the playground.
"Sorry, Red," the teenager replied sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. "I got too into it."
"Then don't take them anymore, geez!" 'Red' replied, shaking her shoulder-length brown hair, blinking her blue eyes, and throwing her black leather gloved hands up into the air in protest. "I mean, seriously, why'd you even start?"
'Red,' or more accurately, Reddington Apple, had been Raymond's friend since elementary school. She was currently wearing a long white overcoat that went down to her knees, tight black sports pants, murky brown clog-like shoes, and a red scarf around her neck that covered the bottom of her face. All of which were prevented from being recklessly soaked by the current weather by the black umbrella she carried.
"Whatever," Red grumbled, turning around and walking toward the street. "Anyways, let's go. Treasure won't find itself you know?" she continued, back facing her friend.

It was black.
An empty void.
Raymond gave that blackness and emptiness a long, hard sigh and a kick before crouching down on his haunches and covering the sides of his head with his hands.
"It's useless. I'll just... ruin everything," the teen moaned in depression, hanging his head down.
"Oh shut up," Raymond groaned, moving his hands over his face and curling up into a ball, still sulking "None of you idiots are really here anyway."

Raymond thought back to that time, two years ago, when it had all started.
"Hey Raymond, want to try some weed?" a young teenage boy with glasses and silver hair prodded our protagonist. The brunette just stared blankly at the arrival, then went on walking.
"Aw, come on~ Don't be like that," the druggie whined, pulling on Raymond's sleeve.
"I'm not interested. Those things really messed up my dad's head," Raymond commented coldly. "If it weren't for those stupid drugs I wouldn't be living in an apartment practically by myself while my mom works 24 hours a day to give me an education! So, don't offer me those ever again, Seraph!"
"Dude, chill," Seraph commented, scratching his scruffy white hair as his red eyes blinked.
"Whatever, just don't..." Raymond started, until Seraph popped a weed cigarette in the teenager's mouth and quickly lighted it.
"Now, inhale," the gamer nerd commanded cheerfully. The teenager did so, and grinned stupidly.
And so began his addiction.

"You went back, didn't you?" Red inquired knowingly as her friend came back to his senses. Raymond shrugged, pulling out a cigarette and his lighter, but suddenly stopped as they came to their destination-the local garbage dump. It was there that, every Saturday, the two teenagers participated in the almost ritual practice they had taken since 2nd grade, Dumpster Diving, or, more euphemistically, treasure hunting.
The pair would peruse the dump for anything they could bring home that was of use. The digital clock with the LED display in the teen's apartment was one example of what Raymond had discovered about five years back.
"There seems to be quite a number of stacks since last time," Red commented, fascinated by the wonderful possibilities around her. New things meant to be discovered. Used items soon to be in her possession and sparkling new once she was done with them. The female almost squealed at the thought, but she really wasn't really one for squealing, so she went with the alternative, being gung-ho about it.
"YEAH! I'M GOING TO FIND ME SOME TREASURE! WOOHOO!" the crimson-wearing student exclaimed as she dove into a nearby trash pile and dug her way through the layers of junk.
"Hmmmm...." Raymond mused as he lighted another cigarette, inhaled, took the weed stick away, and exhaled. He continued to do so while traversing the dump, looking for anything of interest. However, he might have been delving too long, since he soon spaced out.

"RAYMOND!"
The teenager snapped awake as he looked up at his friend's concerned face. The brunette cringed as he grasped the back of his head in pain.
Ah~ I'm lying on the goddamn trash heap. He deduced as he slowly got up, spitting his cigarette crudely from his mouth. The teenager wiped his mouth clear of any residual nicotine with his white pocket handkerchief as he stood at full height.
"Er- Sorry about that," the boy apologized sheepishly, scratching the back of his head while putting away his handkerchief.
"W-what? N-no I'm not!" Raymond protested, trying to emphasize his point, but
His childhood friend stopped him by putting her hand on Raymond's shoulder. "Red ..." Raymond spoke, but she shook her head, gazing pleadingly at Raymond, causing the teen to sigh and relent. He held both arms up in surrender.
Red sighed as she took her gloved hand off her friend. "You really need to see a psychologist if you're going to be serious about taking those," she advised, pointing at the cigarette pack in Raymond's hand.
"Pft, they don't know how to help me, remember the one we saw when we were kids, Russack or something? Fucking insane," Raymond spat, chewing on the end of one cigarette, his eyes distant.
"Whatever!" Red relented, raising her hands in annoyance. "Anyway, keep looking for stuff, can't believe the stuff people throw away, such a waste." She dragged her already half-full bag of items along the ground, the objects clanking together in a cacophonous melody as the crimson crusader searched along the dump.
Raymond sighed as he bent down and started searching. A flash of orange caught his eye, and he positioned more junk to the side, digging toward the object of interest. It was an action figure, not in bad-shape either. It was a man covered in an orange armored bodysuit, very dusty at this point, with a black visor and orange helmet, white gloves, boots, belt, and a gun holster at its side. Raymond reflected on his past, recalling a TV series about a dimension-hopping savior of justice who fought with his gun and dimensional counterparts to rid the universe of evil. Dimensionman was the name of the show, and the figurine in his hand. The teen chuckled lightly, placing the figure in his backpack, and searched for more. The rain lessened a bit.

"Well, today wasn't bad," Red commented, bracing her umbrella over her shoulder while dragging her treasure filled bag in her other hand. It had stopped raining and the two were walking back home.
"Yeah," Raymond agreed, stretching his arms. The contents of his backpack jangled together at the action. The sun was glaring, but warm today.
"Ah, a rainbow," Red pointed out, directing Raymond's attention to the multi-colored aftereffect of a shower of water.

The teenager was in a dark alley. His silver eyes narrowed and quickly darted back and forth, examining his surroundings. Yup, he was definitely not in his room, smoking weed. A strange cackle came from behind and Raymond quickly turned around.
"MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~" cackled whoever was cackling. At first glance it seemed to be a homeless man in a big green tattered overcoat, silver hair protruding messily over his face under the cardboard bag adorned on the top of the hobo's head. The maniac's magenta eyes swirled eerily as he stalked closer to Raymond. The teenager took a step back, eyeing his opponent warily.
"So, we meet again. Professor Daniel Nathaniel Russack!" Raymond said, venom lacing his voice as he took a fighting stance. Among the delusions the teenager had, this had to be the most recurring. It was mainly propagated by the brunette's pondering over the medical effects of his actions, and the constant remembrance of the doctor he went to as a small boy. Said doctor seemed to be incredibly sadistic and performed Raymond's check-ups as if he was doing a human experiment on the poor lad.
"What's wrong? You're miss-ing~!" DNR chided teasingly, while drawing a sword made out of cardboard from his cloak. His white, gloved hands twirled the makeshift weapon dangerously before rushing at the teenager. The mad doctor attacked our hero relentlessly, cackling madly all the while. Raymond whimpered as he blocked as many blows as he could, but was soon knocked back by the sheer rapidity of the hobo's blows.
"It's futile! Your simple street fighting won't match my hardcore trained Cardboard Weaponry Survival Style in a hundred years!" DNR reprimanded. "Now, wouldn't it be easier to leave those cigarettes for my grand marijuana?"
"Pathetic," the mad doctor muttered, as he drew a cardboard rod back. "DEATHBLOW! CARDBOARD FESTIVAL!" In an instant, Raymond was slammed hard in the chest by the cardboard staff, and sent flying back against a dumpster. The metal rod he once held was removed from his grip and went spinning off to the side.
"Give up the cigarettes Raymond. It's for your own good," DNR threatened, pointing his cardboard implements dangerously at the teen.
"Never," Raymond growled defiantly, glaring at the doctor with determined eyes.
"Well, then the party is just about OVER!" Russack cackled, raising his cardboard sword and bringing it down upon Raymond's head.
"No way... it can't be..." DNR gasped, staggering back, clutching at his side. His mouth hung open in shock at the new arrival.
"Yes! Now I'll put a stop to your plans, Professor Daniel Nathaniel Russack!" Dimensionman announced, pointing dramatically at the doctor.
"It's ok Raymond. After all, I'm just a figure of your drug-induced imagination," Dimensionman comforted, giving the teen a thumbs up and a teeth flashing smile. "But you know, the question isn't whether or not to use cigarettes or marijuana." The Power Ranger ripoff started, before hitting his chest with his fist. "It's whether or not to take drugs in general! Remember that! Dimensionman HOOOOOOO!" the hero yelled before taking off in a leap toward the skies.

"That's it!" Raymond yelled, apparently having an epiphany of some sort. "All I have to do is not take drugs! Yes! From this day forward! Drugs are off limits!" The teenager proclaimed, pumping his fist into the air as he got up from the floor of his apartment. He then proceeded to overbalance himself and fall to floor, knocking himself unconscious and falling into a dreamless sleep. The last thing Raymond saw before going to sleep was the recently obtained figurine of Dimensionman grinning at him whilst giving the teen a heroic thumbs up.

The next day was Monday, so Raymond woke up at his usual time before going to school. For breakfast, he ate a bowl of Cap'N Crunch, it was a silent day to say the least.
"I'm off," he called to no one in particular, as he put on his leather brown shoes. He didn't have any parents at home. His mother left for work quite early and his father was still in the mental institution, so it couldn't be helped.
Trudging down the street, Raymond spotted Red leaning against a telephone pole, staring blankly into the distance. She must've been waiting for him for a while.
"Morning," he greeted his friend with a weak wave.
"I see you're off today," she commented, still staring avidly at the sky. It was true. Raymond had started forsaking the cigarettes and other drugs that had come his way. Red turned on one heel toward the direction of the school.
"Well, let's get going. The principal isn't too fond of people being late," she stated, back facing her childhood friend.
"Yeah," the former drug addict muttered, following his friend toward the school.
It was a bright day, for a bright future.
Passing the park, one could spot ants transferring food to their anthill, and no matter what obstacle, they would keep marching on.

End.

FEEL FREE TO REVIEW.
EPIC SHIT.

*saves into document*
Wait...garbage diving?

Red, that's very...Rena...of you...

Raymond tells me that he doesn't want to be the Keiichi for this tale. D:

Dimensionman action figure, lulz.

This was epic the first time I read it, and it's remained epic since then.
HAY GUYS!

GUESS WHAT?

THIS STORY IS ACTUALLY IN A FUCKING BOOK. :'D

You may order the anthology, here.
MY LITTLE RAYMOND'S FAMOUS~
BECAUSE I WAS BORED IN THE CHAT.

Quote ()

Shin: THE WILD AND CRAZY ADVENTURES OF RED AND BEATFRIDGE
Shin: A children's story.
Shin: Illustrated by Lori.
Shin: Scenario by Kevin.
Shin: One day, Little Red Riding Hood was skipping happily along ACDC Net. Flowers lined the path she walked upon. It was an oh so bright and sunny day! Hope and beginnings were in the air
Shin: "It's such a wonderful day! I wonder what will happen today?" Red wondered, hopping merrily along.
Shin: Unbeknowst to our little maiden, very nearby, another navi was having a fit.
Shin: "Oh piffle and paffle! This will not do! I shall not be a fridge! Antoinette, Screw you!"
Shin: said the navi turned Refrigerator.
Shin: "Oh ho ho, Beatnik. There's nothing I can do. You ruined my poem, and you pay the price. So along, toodle-doo," Antoinette cackled menacingly at her navi, before closing off audio connection.
Shin: "Oh poo, this sucks. There has to be SOMETHING I can do," Beatfridge grumbled, very displeased.
Shin: And by her knees, in came little Red Riding Hood, what a tease!
Shin: Too bad Beatfridge didn't actually have knees.
Shin: "Oh wow! What is this wonderous device? A cooler? A snack compartment? Oh I know! A fridge!" the red-caped wonder shouted with glee, racing toward Beatfridge with a small little "eeeee~"
Shin: "Oh gods, not her. This shall not do. STOP THERE LITTLE LADY, OR I'LL SQUISH YOU IN TWO!" Beatfridge roared, stopping Red in her tracks.
Shin: "Oh my! A talking fridge! Whatever shall I do?" Red gasped, placing her hand over her mouth.
Shin: "I'll tell you what little missy, here's what you'll do," Beatfridge began, rhyming reluctantly. "You'll find me a way out of this mess, and killing viruses will do!"
Shin: "Oh wonders! I've killed viruses lots! Let me escort you, miss fridge, and I'll show you what I got!" Red piped cheerfully, pushing beatfridge along.
Shin: "My name is Beatnik, but now I'm a fridge. So it looks like I'll have to be BEAT-FRIDGE!" Beatnik cackled, rolling along.
Shin: "Oh what fun, what fun! Let's carry along!" Red cheered.
Shin: And so the two busted viruses, destroying them one by one. A Spikey, a Metool, and some Champus and Swordies too!
Shin: But when they reached the end of the path, Antoinette reappeared.
Shin: Cackling madly, the netop leered.
Shin: "So you think you can impress me with your little antics? Well I'm sorry to say, but I'm still apathetic," Toni reared.
Shin: "Curse you, my netop! Contraptions abound! I'll have your head yet! It'll be sure as sound!" Beatfridge declared lamely.
Shin: "Oh but what's this? There are Heelnavis in our way! Let's go get them, miss Beatnik! Whaddya say?" the crimson crusader suggested.
Shin: "We'll give them what for! Then I'll make Antoinette pay!" So the two navis went into battle, striking down foes with their sharp metal.
Shin: "It seems Beatnik, you're done for the day, let's go back to your normal form, and go hit the hay," Antoinette said, undoing her spell.
Shin: "Yes, motherfuckers! I'm bright as day!" Beatnik cackled, spinning around in her original form.
Shin: "Good for you miss Beatnik! I had fun today!" Red congratulated.
Shin: "Hark! Who goes there? What's in disarray?" Meleeman said, trumbling into the area. "What? Just women! Go away!"
Shin: "What did you say!?" Red and Beatnik raged, chasing after Meleeman, with damaging chips at bay.
Shin: So it is said, so it is done.
Shin: There ends the tales
Shin: of Beatnik and Red's fun.
Shin: <closes book>
Shin: <guitar riff>

HA HA, I'M AN IDIOT.