Cucumber

My cat, Cucumber, age 15, passed away about half an hour ago.

I'm pretty broken up about it.

She had a good life, we got her when I was about three. She was just a little ball of grey fluff. Apparently, I tried to say that she was cute, but instead I said "cuke", and the name stuck. She never got much bigger, either; she was probably less than a foot long (foot and a half including the tail) in the prime of life.

I probably didn't treat her the best, as any small child would, but I still loved her. I gave her a lot of attention though, so I guess that's something.

I don't know why I'm posting this here, I guess it helps me feel a bit better. I don't really want to talk about her dying, though, as you could imagine.

Well, thanks for reading, I guess.
I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is sad, especially if you invest a lot into it. As long as it had a long and decent life, you should be happy about all the times you spent together.
Sorry for your loss; we had our beagle of 14 years pass away almost a year ago, and it was pretty tough for us as well. It'll hurt for a little while, but soon all of your fond memories of Cucumber will overshadow her passing.
Sorry for the loss, man. I've got a canary I lost at 7 or something, so I know the feeling. Sort of. The way a kid would, I guess. Hope you get over it soon.
I'd like to state Cucumber is one of the cutest names I've heard for a cat. Sorry for the loss, but know that she'll always be with you one way or another.
I have a tabby named Mittens that is getting close to that age, probably about 10-13 at this point. I will be sad when she passes.
Thanks for all your kind words. I've come to terms with it, and I'm feeling pretty good.

It's really stupid how much they charge to cremate/keep the ashes at the emergency vet clinic, though. It would've costed $200 to keep them. I feel like I should write somebody about it.