LP: X-com: Terror from the Deep

Anyone remember Harbin's old X-com UFO: Enemy Unknown thread? I'm hosting a LP of a similar game. Except instead of saving humanity on land, we will save humanity in the OCEAN!

Now, the main difference from UFO and TFTD (The acronym for Terror from the Deep) is the difficulty. Whereas you could at least have one main elite guy in UFO, in TFTD, everyone's expendable. And by expendable I mean "You notice no one ever comes back to the base for longer than one month?" expendable. Even so, YOU BRAVE SOULS somehow got suckered into working for X-com!

The standard sheet for signing up is easy. Just fill in the following form:

Quote ()

Name:
Job: (only important if you want to contribute storywise. They're: Frontliner/Scientist/Tank Crew/Misc Staff)
History: (FULLY OPTIONAL. YOU WILL DIE SO NO ONE REALLY GIVES A HOOT.)

Now all that's left to do is:

1. Vote for a place for our newfound base;
2. Vote for the name on it

ENLISTED TROOPS:

Frontline Soldiers:
Azure the First, Seaman
The Rock, Stunning Seaman (in more ways than one)

Scientists:
Dr. Fera, PhD in Gun Physics and Kablamo-cience.

Tank Crews:
Asator, Coelacanth Controller
Zanallen, Coelacanth Controller

Misc Team:
Name: Fera
Job: Scientist (I don't know)
History: He's this dude who decided that this X-com thingy was pretty cool-sounding.

I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO PLACE THE BASE.

Name it C-Base, though. Do it do it do it.
Name: Azure the First.
Job: Frontliner
History: The long line of Azures who become Frontliners starts here.

1. We know that the US pays the most (always), so a base near US is usually a good idea. Eastern US seaboard, near Georgia, is good that it can also cover parts of Eastern Canada.

2. AtlanCom (Atlantic)
Name: The Rock
Job: Stone Cold Stunner
History: He wields stunners and is going to save your ass when lobstremen come and you don't have drills yet.
Name: Zanallen
Job: Tank Crew
History: He joined just so he could blow crap up.

Place the base in the Mariana Trench and call it Really Deep C-Base.
Name: Asator
Job: Tank Crew
History: Has withheld his history since this is a suicide mission anyway. Just wants to blow up as many of these things as he can before he gets blown up himself.

Place: Somewhere. I haven't played TFTD so I don't really have a good idea of where all it can be.

Name: Something that abbreviates to SEA
Name: Medic the Medic
Job: Medic

Background Note: Whenever Medic the Medic dies, a new Medic the Medic appears claiming to be the twin brother of the old medic.

...Apparently he has a lot of twin brothers...

..Or clones...
Name: Carol
Job: Scientist in Marine Biology
History: She wants to get to the bottom of this crap and find out what the hell is going on.