Eon likes to tinker, doesn't he?

We have Eon to thank for the new, still-apparently-undergoing-changes scrolling banner thingie at the top of the page.

What do you guys think?

-Twi

EDIT: And now there's one on the News Server forum description as well. >>;

EDIT-EDIT: And now the only one is the one on the News Server desc. Hm.
Eh, wut?
Look at the 'World News' forum's description. There's a little banner thingy there.

Eon had one at the top of the page instead, earlier.

-Twi
Ah, I see.

Seems like a good way to notify people of news.
OH DEAR SWEET GOD

HE IS USING A MARQUEE? A FUCKING MARQUEE TAG?

You know, the marquee that isn't supported by all browsers (no Netscape for you at all), AND it makes this site freaking twice as heavy to have up CPU wise.

Excuse me while I vomit up all my design morals and throw them away.
I was about to ask whats so big about a marquee anyway >.>

Quote (Knight)

I was about to ask whats so big about a marquee anyway >.>

Wikipedia:

The marquee tag is a non-standard HTML markup element type which causes text to scroll from right to left across the screen. The tag was first introduced in early versions of Microsoft's Internet Explorer, and was compared to Netscape's blink element, as a proprietary non-standard extension to the HTML standard with usability problems.
I didn't see it >.>
It's on the World News.
Quite dramatic, may I say.
Yeah...I have a question.
How come you included American in the event?
I dunno, but I revived Wooga and helped him get some sigs.
He'll register soon...

>.>
<.<
<_>

It just struck me as odd.
Ooooh, with a vengeance!

Wait, didn't someone do that already?

Quote (Drakim)

Wikipedia:

The marquee tag is a non-standard HTML markup element type which causes text to scroll from right to left across the screen. The tag was first introduced in early versions of Microsoft's Internet Explorer, and was compared to Netscape's blink element, as a proprietary non-standard extension to the HTML standard with usability problems.

I knew its a tag, and I figured its unusual. I was about to ask why its such a big deal that Eon actually used a marquee, which while being... non-standard, is still just another tag, before your post >.>