Global Warming

I think it's actually happening...

The past 2-3 years, it's always gotten REALLY HOT around this time.
SO WEIRD.

On Saturday, it was in the mid 20's and low 30's, and today it got somewhere between 55 and 60. It's supposed to get to 64! this week. Seriously, what gives?

It's not like it's just this year - it ALWAYS happens in January, then gets cold, then gets warmer in March...

Hey, I'm not complaining, I -love- warm weather.
It's a proven fact that Al Gore invented Global Warming just like he invented the internet.

My source is Ted Stevens.
Global warming is happening, but what puzzles me is how something so poorly understood became such a big deal.

I've never heard anyone present proof as to what causes global warming. We also have no idea what caused it when it (supposedly) happened millions of years ago. We don't know if global warming is happening for the same reasons or because of environmental destruction. And, of course, we don't know if it's climate change happening right now, or just a coincidence.

It baffles me that people worry so much about this.
Sorry. That was me. I'll talk with my dad. Y'know... He kind of controls natural disasters and anything that starts them.

Seriously though... Feel free to complain, but only when the world is slowly crumbling away below our feet. Until then, keep quiet about it.
Well. what my step-father said a while ago, the planet gos through stages of heat-ups and cool-downs, think the stone age and how it turned into the ice age, the stone age was hot while, as the name implies, the ice age was cold, so the world might be going through a heat up period right now, and, who knows, it might become just like the ice age again Long time from now, but thats just a tiny opinion from me.

Quote (Shuryou)

Sorry. That was me. I'll talk with my dad. Y'know... He kind of controls natural disasters and anything that starts them.

Seriously though... Feel free to complain, but only when the world is slowly crumbling away below our feet. Until then, keep quiet about it.

*sees cracks form in the ground*

HO SHIZ-!

Quote (AimMan)

Quote (Shuryou)

*sees cracks form in the ground*

HO SHIZ-!

I GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO START LIVING IN LAKES FLOATING IN SPACE.
Uhm, Hiko, just telling, even if the effects of global warming was twice of what experts estimnated, you wouldn't personally be able to feel it today.

You have to wait another 50 years or so before it becomes enough for humans to notice. Having a extra warm summer is still possible without global warming.
Hiko, thats just me running my warm patch machine.

I see you've gotten to one.

GJ :3.

But yeah darkstar is right, Its just a warm-up period.
sorry, I fired up my flame dancer battle spirit, and I got away...

It'll run out of steam in about 2-3 days...
Try waking up to 68 degress in your underwear. Global warming my ass.

-shiver-
68? It was 12 degrees last week. Stop complaining, ya pansy.

And also, isn't el nino or la nina in effect this year or was in effect last year? Lord knows that screws the weather up big time.

And of course, as Drakim said, it'd take years. All these people complaining about global warming bringing up the average temperature a whopping 1 degree from 1890 can shove a stick up their hypochondriac asses.

Note: No offense intended to hypochondriacs.
Or, life could always end up like the game Aqua Nox. Where the ice caps melt, the world freezes over, and everyone lives in underwater places and subs have fights and giant evil creatues and some dude.

Yeah.
Its just something called January Thaw; its a simple little increase in temperature around early Jan. It happens every year.

Quote (Kazuhiro)

Try waking up to 68 degress in your underwear. Global warming my ass.

-shiver-

If you actually had some humidity in your house....

maybe it would be warm.

Quote (ZeroSaber)

Its just something called January Thaw; its a simple little increase in temperature around early Jan. It happens every year.

A-...HA!
New Jersey -is- bipolar!
:3
Of course it is. It's like we're the state that is continually going through menopause.
HOT FLASH.
Ice Bitch.
HOT FLASH.
HOOOOT FLAAASH.
Annnd cold again.

It WAS humid today, though. It felt like april. I could almsot smell the flowers coming. Which was fun, because I got to wear flip flops and a tank top.
So I like warm weather, overall.
But I hate hate hate global warming.
And I REALLY don't like the people who dont think it's real.
What about over here?

We're having ice storms every year now D:.

On another note, damn car crash postponed semester finals for every highschool but mine.