Souls? SOUUUUULS!

OK. I personally believe 'no', but I do like Plato's idea of the 'shadow world'. Basically, your soul is born into the perfect world, but then it passes into ours to have a body. As your life goes on, you remember things from the 'perfect world', like you can't DRAW a perfect circle in the shadow world, no matter how hard you try, but you can imagine one. Think of a mold, and how it makes copies of itself. Like ginger-bread cookies!

(I can explain further, if you want...)

Also, by immortal soul, it can also mean in terms of the afterlife, or reincarnation, or whatever. Personally, I'm an agnostic. XD
Personally, I see the afterlife less of a "shadow realm" and more of a bland waiting room. With a few magazines.

Seriously.
I want to be immortal so i can kill people and not get in trouble
OK, I'm sorry, Blue. You're not the ONLY one who isn't taking this seriously.
Widdle Dawkwai isn't either.
and Lego, you mean our world, right? If so, that's fucking awesome. XD
But, uh... Blue hasn't posted. o.O
Nah, I'm referring to me other question.

Carry on~
IF we die, we dont head to another body. Its death, you know?

But with some random fluke or magic/spiritual skill your soul can hang around the astral, and find someone who's astral projecting.

And then all you do is make sure the body isnt protected, ask to share it (or just steal it), and hope your not getting banished from the area by a magician who knows what hes doing >_>'
=_=
By 'death', I mean of your current physical body.
I'm asking if your soul, or mind, is immortal.
Reincarnation.

'Nuff said.
Atheist me says 'lol no' to this one. Once you're dead, you're good and dead--unless, that is, you're resurrected as a zombie, but that doesn't happen so often anymore.
XD
I'm almost there. Being agnostic and all.
Frankly, I think that religion is just a way for people to be fooled into doing things that they wouldn't normally do.
I've already been mocked for combining science and religion, but meh. Here we go ...

Let's look at it this way. Conservation of Energy states that energy cannot be destroyed or created, right? If you think of the soul as the energy that makes us us, then that energy can't be destroyed or created. So, where did we come from and where are we going? Personally, I believe that there's a spirit of the Earth/Mars/Insert planet here that gives each of us life by giving up a piece of its own. Right now, it's probably spread pretty thin, but I can't say for sure. Each spirit, after dying, does one of the following. It either stays in this world as a ghost or re-joins the life of the planet, where it chooses to stay with it or move into a next life. But where did the energy come from to begin with? Well, where did any energy come from to begin with? The Big Bang. The energy left from that reaction, however it started, formed into the energy of the planets and stars. I am basing this on the Conservation of Energy laws, so it may not apply here, but it makes sense to me.

And there is my $0.02.
This is one of those topics I haven't really put any thought into, but that will probably change one day.

I'm a firm believer in karma, not the religious aspects and stuff, but the whole "goes around comes around" thing, so maybe reincarnation. I change my opinion almost daily.

Quote (Nalerenn)

I've already been mocked for combining science and religion, but meh. Here we go ...

Let's look at it this way. Conservation of Energy states that energy cannot be destroyed or created, right? If you think of the soul as the energy that makes us us, then that energy can't be destroyed or created. So, where did we come from and where are we going? Personally, I believe that there's a spirit of the Earth/Mars/Insert planet here that gives each of us life by giving up a piece of its own. Right now, it's probably spread pretty thin, but I can't say for sure. Each spirit, after dying, does one of the following. It either stays in this world as a ghost or re-joins the life of the planet, where it chooses to stay with it or move into a next life. But where did the energy come from to begin with? Well, where did any energy come from to begin with? The Big Bang. The energy left from that reaction, however it started, formed into the energy of the planets and stars. I am basing this on the Conservation of Energy laws, so it may not apply here, but it makes sense to me.

And there is my $0.02.

Damn Shinra, burning our souls for energy.

Not mocking you. Think that's pretty neat, actually. And only partially because half of me is screaming "Mako" right now. XD
Nal, your theory owns.
: D

Quote (Gearpunk)

Quote (Nalerenn)

And there is my $0.02.

Damn Shinra, burning our souls for energy.

Not mocking you. Think that's pretty neat, actually. And only partially because half of me is screaming "Mako" right now. XD

"I'm not made of ether, you know!

Oh, wait..."
Unintentional, I assure you.

But still kinda awesome. I'm all set for the Reunion. Are you?
Actually, I've been putting off buying a dark gothy cloak for a while, and now they're sold out... But meh. I'm sure that a black trenchcoat will do if it has enough zippers.
I'm looking for Nightmare. Has anyone seen him around this topic?
Uh, yeah, he's over there, giving people Cokes.
>>
Reluctantly.