Guys. We have been avenged.

You know one funny story that I read on the day of the shooting?

Jack Thompson, after losing his license to practise law in Florida, tried to link games with the VT shooting.

... hours before authorities had released any information about the suspect or his motive!

Way to go to bring tragedy into his own agenda, and to screw up the influence of gaming.

I mean, come on.. this guy seriously knows no shame while the whole Internet gamers LOL and started to throw tomatoes at his phail'd attempt

Sources:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/virginia-tech/bre...ames-252702.php
http://kotaku.com/gaming/feature/feature-d...lies-252914.php
http://www.destructoid.com/a-shooting-trag...age-31020.phtml
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Jack-Thompson-lin...pg/49/aid/89634

It is also released that Jack had also targeted Bill Gates, to be blamed on CounterStrike, for the VT incident:
http://www.gamealmighty.com/story-individu...Latest_Crusade/
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainm...ting-253797.php

However, in the end, the police's warrant reveals that the shooter DOES NOT OWN ANY GAMES in his room. GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
PDF file - http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/04/17/warrant.pdf
Teh Report: http://gaygamer.net/2007/04/warrant_reveal...ames_in_ch.html

And of course, the best story of all, is about the police arresting Jack for suspicion of ties to the shooter, since he somehow knows of it even earlier before the police can announce anything.
http://www.brainsnap.com/national/518/jack...a_tech_shooting

My message to Jack Thompson? Yeah. go suck that up. What? you say that it's not your fault? Wellll. We gamers love to help but, eh. You fucked up bad. So we're just gonna visit you in jail and keep sending you letters that says "HAHA YOU FUCKED UP BAD."
For Thompson to use the V-Tech shootings for his own personal vendettas is nothing short of diplorable. It's a hideous act that truly reflects his character. I can only hope that what few supporters he has can see this.

None the less, I do not believe that Thompson will receive jail time. It's obvious that he's lying and has had no personal relationship with the shooter. It might be possible that he be convicted for lying to the nation and stirring up an uproar, but I highly doubt it, and even then I'm sure he'd get little more than a slap on the wrists with a possible fine, no jail time at all.

I'm going to deviate from the topic for a moment. Above all, I'd like to know why. Not why Cho started the V-Tech shootings, for fom what I've heard about the tapes he sent in he revealed a story of bullying and persecution. No, what I would like to know is why Thompson is so devoted to his cause. Several options arise. First is that it was bred into him, that his parents taught him such a thing, but that's highly unlikely due to his age. Second is that someone very important and influential to him said such a thing. More likely, but I again I find it unlikely. No, the answer I find the most possible is that he's suffering from a case of guilt.

Much like parents are quick to blame videogames and the like should their child commit some crime, Thompson may be doing as a defense mechanism from accepting the fact that he might be guilty. Of what I can hardly say. Still, when did his mad crusade begin? Had he played videogames in the past? Some nice little questions there. But what I hope most of all comes out of this is a search warrant for Jack Thompson. I'm firmly convinced that he has done something that he is absolutely ashamed of and refuses to acknowledge his own participation in. Of course, it's probably something small. Again, I have little knowledge of his background, but I would suggest that Jack Thompson had a strict, relgious upbringing. If I had to think he did anything, I would think that he hired a prostitute. Imagine, his whole life he's been on the straight and narrow and then he does something that would make his parents ashamed. I imagine that might be difficult to deal with. What was the first game he started acting out against? GTA3, right? Couldn't you pick up prostitutes in that? Again, I'm just looking for answers, answers that neither I or a search warrant are probablhy going to find, but speculation is always interesting.

Again, I can do little but condemn Thompson for his incredibly selfish actions and give my grievances. But I try to avoid speaking of the shootings myself. I don't live too far away and I hear much too much about it. What I would like to raise instead is a very serious question. What has Cho started? In the past week, my county has had 6 threats of violence and bombings at schools. Not my state, my county! What I want to know is if anything like this is happening elsewhere? And maybe why? This is the first time I've been personally affected by the whole thing as my friend's girlfriend was arrested under suspicion of placing the threat.

But that's enough from me. And Reaper, I kind of wished that you'd worded this differently. It doesn't seem to give enough respect to the situation. A lot of people died. It's a truly terrible thing. I just ask that it be given proper respect is all. I'll admit, the knowledge that our friend Jack Thompson is a 'Gyromancer' is slightly amusing, but the entire situation is incredibly serious. I think I've opened the floor up for a little more discussion and I'm eager to hear what the rest of you have to say. Thank you.
O_O

Oh my god...
That's bad.

Teh internet iz liek, n0t r3sp0nsible, d00d.
Thompson is simply a crusader. People like to think of crusaders as holy people, when they are simply ruffians, that have found a way to make money and succumb to their destructive urges at the same time. Well, there is another type of crusader... the one that actually believes that what he is doing is done for the greater good, thus lifting all responsibility from him. I don't want to get into what kind of twisted mind is needed to achieve this level of insanity.
i'm not touching this one, i'll probably just say something dumb that has nothing to do with the subject.
He is a shame to all south Koreans everywhere (cho). I personally hope that Jack gets jail time, he's been influencing little kids everywhere to not succumb to the urge to blow pixels up. How bad is that? Too bad...
Hmm. my friend told me about this dude the other day (jack). So, what is he trying to do? Get rid of games that have humans killing each other (soldier of fortune, anyone?) I mean, what kind of influence could something like Devil May Cry or Shadow of the Colossus have on people? It's understandable to go out and kill evil marionettes and giant colossi? Is he gonna attack that sort of stuff too? That'd be quite funny, cuz, he wouldn't get anywhere.

...yah thats all
Jack Thompson is obviously the Antichrist.

He's the typical smart*** who try to look smart and knows everything...He didn't grow up from his freshman highschool year XD

Quote (darkstar1006)

i'm not touching this one, i'll probably just say something dumb that has nothing to do with the subject.

Congratulations Darkstar, you just did. "It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and prove it."

I'm dropping the issue myself. I had hoped to get some rather insightful views or something along those lines started and I've been sorely dissapointed. Ah well, that's what the chat room is for. I'll leave a few last comments before moving on.

I take back what I said concerning Jack Thompson's motives as I believe them to be flawed. That Jack Thompson would be ashamed of himself for an action and blame it on a videogame would first have to imply that he'd played that videogame, otherwise the answer would never be enough to satisfy his own sense of guilt.

No, I find it much more likely that instead it was someone he had close relationship with that commited some sort of crime that led him to go down the route he has. Perhaps a relative. Or maybe he was so utterly disturbed by a crime that the only answer he could find was to blame it on something unreal. Lastly is that perhaps a crime was commited against him or a loved one and there was no answer offered, leaving him to create his own conclusions.

Again, I've got nothing to prove it with, it's all mere speculation. Same as my own thoughts towards Cho's thoughts, movtivations and experiences. But enough of that. I'm abandoning the topic as I've said all I've wished to say.

Quote (Tom)

Quote (darkstar1006)

Congratulations Darkstar, you just did. "It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and prove it."

I'm dropping the issue myself. I had hoped to get some rather insightful views or something along those lines started and I've been sorely dissapointed. Ah well, that's what the chat room is for. I'll leave a few last comments before moving on.

I take back what I said concerning Jack Thompson's motives as I believe them to be flawed. That Jack Thompson would be ashamed of himself for an action and blame it on a videogame would first have to imply that he'd played that videogame, otherwise the answer would never be enough to satisfy his own sense of guilt.

No, I find it much more likely that instead it was someone he had close relationship with that commited some sort of crime that led him to go down the route he has. Perhaps a relative. Or maybe he was so utterly disturbed by a crime that the only answer he could find was to blame it on something unreal. Lastly is that perhaps a crime was commited against him or a loved one and there was no answer offered, leaving him to create his own conclusions.

Again, I've got nothing to prove it with, it's all mere speculation. Same as my own thoughts towards Cho's thoughts, movtivations and experiences. But enough of that. I'm abandoning the topic as I've said all I've wished to say.

You remind me of someone from the forum i'm from. Takes everything really seriously...sometimes even TOO seriously.