Technical Assistance

Okay, my friend has MMBN3: Blue and I was excited as hell to play it. But there was a problem. It continuisly scrolls up, but only in the chip menu and in battle, which didn't help me against Punk, who I lost to wthout hitting once. I'm not that crappy. I move down, and it moves up again. I can't edit my chips, and have to get lucky to win.

I need an opinion, might it be the cartridge, or the gameboy? His gameboy isn't all that great, but it doesn't make sense.

((Oh, and by the way, he DID have a Navicust bug, but I removed everything and it still moved continuisly up.))
If it's only during certain in-game events, then it has to be the cartridge. If it was always scrolling up, it could be either, but the gameboy itself can't achieve that selective kind of glitch.
I suggest your friend send it in to get it repaired. Because it's most likely manufacturer error, the warranty will probably cover it and you'll get a brand-new one free of charge.
I doubt MMBN3 is still under warranty, it's been out a long time.

Anyways, try cleaning the cartridge and the gameboy connectors. You might have some dirt or something.

If that doesn't work, curse capcom and their evil ways, curse women and their evil ways, and then eat a cookie :3
True.
I guess in that case it'd be simpler to go out and buy a new one. It's only about 30 bucks anyway.

Quote (Leon)

I doubt MMBN3 is still under warranty, it's been out a long time.

Anyways, try cleaning the cartridge and the gameboy connectors. You might have some dirt or something.

If that doesn't work, curse capcom and their evil ways, curse women and their evil ways, and then eat a cookie :3

I like your methods. XD

It's all the time on the chip screen and in battle.

And I didn't mean the actual gameboy's glitched, but his L Button is stuck down.

It kept saying "Lan, should we escape?"

I had to hold it back while I hit OK. The buttons may be stuck, but the control pad stuck? That's be pretty hard. And the L button only sticks in battle, whitch is weird. Otherwise, Megaman would keep popping up saying what to do.

EDIT: King, where would I find MMBN3? If I could find it, I'd buy it myself. And I'm not allowed to use EBay, where the game may be actually glitched.

The oldest game I game find I Battle Chip Challenge, and it was that or BN4. You can imagine which I picked.
Well, if nothing else, go buy the crazy screwdriver to take the screws out of his gba, clean the no doubt layers of grime from it, and toss it back together. You'd be amazed what a difference it makes.

I just cleaned my keyboard a couple weeks ago. I thought I was gonna barf from the grossness fo it. 3 Years will do that though x_x
I have a PS2 controller that sometimes forces my characters to wander to the left when I am not actively using the stick.
@ Savage King: To take the screws out of a GBA and some of the carts, you'll need a specialty tool... a Y-head screwdriver. Good luck with that, as they are hard to get. In all honesty, you'll never have need to open the carts unless you're cleaning them.

@ Zanallen: The PS-2 controller problem you're experiencing is due to one of the Analong Sticks having been stepped on or impacted in some way. The entire assembly is damaged, and will cause this problem until you replace the controller. The damage is physical. Sorry man. >.<
Guys, my CPU usage has been pretty much 100% lately, making downloads take about 3x longer, the whole computer freezes up, but it still finishes.

How does I Lower usage/Increase CPU thingie?
You've got a couple of things that may cause this:

1: Too many programs are running in the background. (Very doubtful, yet possible.)

2: You're loaded with SPYWARE! Ouch. Download Ad-Aware for free and clean that crap up. (Probably.)

3: You've got a virus. Download a trial version of Norton Anti-Virus for free and clean that out. (Maybe.)

4: Someone's using a hijacker (known as Sentinel programs) and is remotely using your CPU for other purposes. Download AVG Firewall for free, and block their access. (Not likely.)

OR

5: Go out and buy Ad-Aware Plus SE and Norton Internet Security, and waste all of the cracker-jack BS loaded on your computer with them. (<<This choice is made of WIN.) The Firewall and Ad-Aware software are freely updated for life. The Anti-Virus is a yearly subscription thing (oooh my, a whopping $25/year :rolleyes: )... but it's worth it.

That's my advice as a Tech. Try the free or the paid options, either will fix the problem.

Good luck.

EDIT: If these do not fix the problem... let me know, and I'll walk you through the process of freeing up CPU capacity. Cool?

Quote (PaladinGC)

Waste all of the cracker-jack BS loaded on your computer.

Or you could be awesome like me and do it yourself. GO GO GADGET MSCONFIG!

Or, there's the Cure-All for all computer problems, that I'm SURE Pally knows as a tech.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>FORMAT!</span>
Whoa....

We don't have to go that far...

The objective is to salvage the current system from a minor problem without using the "(re)FORMAT!" option. There's no need to spend 2 to 8 hours fixing a 20 minute problem, and losing all of your data, files and personal preference configurations at the same time. (And I'm not about to suggest that someone I don't know actually manually fix the problem either...)

What I reccomended will fix the problem AND prevent it from happening again in the future (so long as he keeps his stuff updated).

I want to FIX the problem permanently, not just patch it until the problem occurs again. I also like to take the shortest path to fixing it as well. If this is the problem, and I think it is given what info I have to go on... My suggestion does it all: Quick, easy, and good for at least a year!
You've got a couple of things that may cause this:

CHECKMARK 1: Too many programs are running in the background. (Very doubtful, yet possible.)

CHECKMARK 2: You're loaded with SPYWARE! Ouch. Download Ad-Aware for free and clean that crap up. (Probably.)

CHECKMARK(I already have norton, I do weekly scans) 3: You've got a virus. Download a trial version of Norton Anti-Virus for free and clean that out. (Maybe.)

DOUBT IT! 4: Someone's using a hijacker (known as Sentinel programs) and is remotely using your CPU for other purposes. Download AVG Firewall for free, and block their access. (Not likely.)

Thanks, it did free up maybe 40% on average, this desktop is kind of 5 years old, an XP. It has 28 GB left on a 109 GB hard drive. It's mostly pr0n and DBZ episodes. I should try to get enough money for a new one.

SAD FACE
40% is a huge improvement. And you're quite welcome. Glad I could help.