Thomas Brighton and Regalia.exe

I would like to rebirth Soundman for Regalia.exe.

The justification is that Soundman's navi program has been irreversibly corrupted due to a bug present since his first boot, and that, until Trenn might-- MIGHT-- at some future date be able to fix him by isolating his personality and memories and sticking it into a new shell, he is giving up netbattling. So, left with a ton of upgrades and modules that he no longer needs, Trenn searches amongst those he knows for some person who needs a leg up, or could use the things he has.

That person is Thomas Brighton.

Thomas is 18; he and Regalia have been going at it for 3 years, and while they hadn't gotten very far on their own, Trenn's generosity has given them a serious leg-up. This last exchange between Trenn and Thomas I will roleplay out after this registration is accepted. Until then:

Name: Thomas Brighton
Appearance:
Thomas is a short boy, about 5'2, and currently sits in that awkward situation of "Haven't hit my teenage growth spurt yet". A late bloomer by all appearances, he lacks any facial hair, retaining the smooth chin of youthfulness. What hair he does have is all on the top of his head; and all of it is a sandy blonde, 1/3 parted on the left side and boy-cut. His eyes are a striking shade of green, the same shade as Regalia's, and his skin is well-tanned from many summers spent at the beach with his friends. His build is still that of a child; while he has some muscle, none of it is "bulky", and his body retains that same, slim look that he's always had.

Thomas usually wears a blue hoodie, with one of any number of shirts underneath of it, a pair of blue-jean pants, and a set of blank white tennis shoes that he has drawn Regalia's symbol onto the top of.
Personality:
Upbeat, headstrong, and determined to make things go his way, Thomas is what some people would call "spoiled"-- if he was selfish whatsoever. Most of the time his determination is directed at his friends, or situations he sees laid out in front of him; he is a meddler at heart, and any time he sees someone going through darker times, he cannot resist leaping into it and trying to help, regardless of whether or not that actually works.

------Navi------

Name: Regalia.EXE
Gender Identity: Male
Simulated Age: 48
Elemental Format: Elec(tric)
Subfile System: Summon
Appearance Description:
Regalia is an aging man in his late fourties, his hair a dusky shade of brushed steel-- going gray but doing so gracefully and evenly, standing currently at a place straddling the blacker end of the black-white divide. His skin bears light wrinkles, most of which are concentrated on his face; his body appears to be well-trained and well-kept, with muscles hiding behind a thin layer of caucasian skin that contains just a hint of frailty. Regalia's eyes are small, and lean ever-so-slightly toward the right side of his face, leaving them a little lopsided in position; their irises are a bright green. He is fairly tall, standing at a real-world height of about 6'6. His build is fairly bulky, with broad shoulders and hips that are set slightly back, even when he is standing straight. His thick, trunk-like legs force him to keep them spread slightly apart when he stands, making him look shorter than he is.

Regalia himself is normally clad in any number of light styles of armor, ranging from ringmail to leather to chain-- even some exotic, obviously-nonrealistic types of jumpsuits or light-plate, but not often. His most common outfit is a chainmail getup that is fit like a tunic; white-dyed cloth and leather poke out for about 3 additional inches past the sleeves and bottom of the tunic, providing extra range for the chainmail to slide without pinching or chafing. The chainmail itself is made of what looks like wrought-iron shined to a mirror polish; as such, it glints continuously in the light. Regalia also sports a black bodysuit that covers most of his visible skin. Curiously, however, Regalia is normally barefooted, bereft of even that.

Regalia's A.R.M.O.R. (Automatically Reinforcing Melee Offense Repulsor) is a set of five pieces of platemail that go over his traditional chainmail getup, offering him extra protection and passive effects. It is all made of shining silver, with a golden-yellow filigree. Regalia has protested on more than one occasion about how this makes him stick out a little too much, but his operator's commentary on the armor's original all-gold design quickly silences any complaints from the experienced navi.

Regalia's HELMET is a rounded helm with a neck cover flaring out from the back. A crest rises up from the forehead and points slightly backward, tipped with a brass point that is shaped like a spearhead. A visor, thick and occluding, blocks Regalia's slightly off-set eyes from view when he dons the helm, and is made from what appears to be green-colored plastic-- or glass. It is hard to tell. One thing is certain, however; from the inside, the visor is transparent. From the outside, it is an immobile shield that enhances Regalia's presence, reducing the amount of his face you can see and lending him a more intimidating air. A supporting set of interlocking chin straps stretches from the back and front sides of the helmet, securing it to Regalia's head.

Regalia's BREASTPLATE is actually a breastplate-shoulderguard-elbowguard combo; the main body of it is a thick breastplace that stretches across the entirety of his torso, with an embossed mock-up of his helmet on the chest in... you guessed it, gold filigree, with two small emeralds for eyes beneath the helm instead of a visor. Beyond the torso covering, the breastplate extends to the tips of his shoulders, where two rounded pauldrons cling closely to the joint and bend with it, reducing his silhouette and bulk compared to more fantasy-esque, "squared" pauldrons. The coverage continues past the joint, with a two-halved "tube" of armor that covers Regalia's upper arm, stopping just short of the elbow, where a tightly-gripping, flexible elbowguard clings onto either arm.

Regalia's GAUNTLETS are made of thicker plate than the rest of the armor, belying their occasional use as melee weapons. Their main frame is a solid tube that covers the forearm up to the wrist before splitting off into a cover for the backside of the hand, complete with studs for the knuckles that will rotate down and forward when Regalia makes a fist. The fingers are covered by thinner, interlocking plates over each of the phlanges of Regalia's fingers, all of them plain silver and clearly lacking the filigree present on every other piece of armor covering Regalia.

Regalia's LEGGINGS are indeed so; they are a set of interlocking plates and guards that fully encase his legs, with few openings or weakspots for anything to get through. They stretch from his waist, just below the breastplate enough for him to bend, down to his feet, where they cap off in a pair of thick silver boots, studded at the toes and with a small spike on the back of each, near the sole.

Personality Description:
Regalia is an often quiet man, usually content to keep his opinions and his feelings to himself, locked away behind the armor. He is experienced, however, and elderly at that; as a result his wit is rapier-sharp, and his mind keen as any navi. While normally he remains stoic as such-- not much can be seen besides his curt, neutral expression through the armor-- Regalia's stiff demeanor possesses a sole weakspot, that of navis or people less experienced or younger than himself. Especially so are those navis modeled after children; he has a hard time keeping himself from taking them under his wing, and an even harder time fighting them, if it comes to that. That said, he is more often benevolent than pragmatic in his actions, preferring to put others' safety before his own.

Statistics:
HP: 180 (+4)
Level: 12
Sig Pool: 540 (95 left)
Cap: 140/25
Actions: 4 (+2)
Chips:
Sword, Shotgun, Guard1, Rageclaw, Firehit1. (+1)
Icewave1, Widesword, Burner, Thunder2, Areagrab. (+1)
BambooKnife, Ringlog1, LilBomb, Shockwave, Drillarm1. (+1)
DashAttack, AirHockey1, Zapring1, Zapring1.
Buster:
Attack: 2 (+1)
Rapid: 2 (+1)
Charge: 2 (+1)
Navicust: 40
Contents: Undershirt (15)

Signatures:

--Helmet--
Regalia summons his helmet upon his person or his target; its' exact appearance is described above. It is an object with the "Light" property, and a reduced-cost-passive effect of producing a barrier centered on its' wearer every turn.
[Active]
[20 HP Object + Light + Equipable + Passive: Barrier 20]
[20+60+20 = 100]
[3 TCD]

--Breastplate--
Regalia summons his breastplate onto either himself or his target; its' appearance, like the rest of his armor, is described above. It is an object with the "Light" property, and a reduced-cost-passive effect of healing their wearer.
[Active]
[20 HP Object + Equipable + Light + Passive: Heal 20]
[20+75+20 = 115]
[3 TCD]

--Gauntlets--
Regalia summons his gauntlets onto either himself or his target; their appearance is described above. The gauntlets are an object with the "Light" property, and a reduced-cost-passive effect of granting Regalia/their wearer a 1-hit tower shield whenever he/they call for it.
[Active]
[20 HP Object + Equipable + Light + Passive: 1-hit Shield]
[20+60+20 = 100]
[3 TCD]

--Leggings--
Regalia summons his leggings onto either himself or his target; their appearance is, for the last time, described above. These leggings are an object with the "Light" property, and a reduced-cost-passive of curing one status on their wearer.
[Active]
[20 HP Object + Equipable + Light + Passive: Status Cure]
[20+90+20 = 130]
[4 TCD]
1) That six year jump creates some problems. The thing is, people who know Trenn are not necessarily going to age six years, so if Thomas were to ever run into, for instance, someone who saw Trenn at the Colosseum, a time discrepancy could come up. Just have Trenn give the stuff to Thomas when he's 18 or something.

2) Preeeetty sure you can't blast a defense. If you need some precedence, note that blast says "enemies hit by this effect." We allow blast heals, sure, but that's still something that needs a target by definition. I wouldn't want to give blast defenses a chance any more than I would blast object or terrain creation. And yeah, I know, there may be some kind of rules loophole, but if there is I'm going to close it. Cause holding hands with your friend and giving both you and him a 20 HP casing for the same price as you get the casing is just silly.
1: Fine. I am irritated by this change because I dislike this idea compared to the last one, but fine. Perhaps Trenn and Thomas met 6 years ago or something and he decided now to give him the parts. That would also work for my purposes.

2: Bomber said I can. I will gleefully ditch Blast1 everything if ordinary barriers, casings, etc would cover a large enough surface area that my object armor would be inside of them as well. Healing and the like I would simply strip the Blast1 off of and leave as-is.
Removed Blast1 from everything.

Two questions, mostly around triggers.

1: Can I have a trigger target an ally that was wounded this turn, or an ally with "Less than max" HP? The rules say "Current statistical values, such as HP count, statuses, folder composition, NC makeup, etc etc etc cannot be used as a trigger specifically. This applies to all effects that require triggers.", but is that for SPECIFIC numbers, or just for anything in general? So like, a passive heal that will try to target an ally wounded this turn, or if there aren't any, will heal a random ally with less than max HP.

3: Would it be acceptable for the barrier to simply cover enough surface area that his armor is also inside? I asked this above, but I will ask again.
Added Equipable to everything (even the rest of the site!), rebalanced sig costs, updated cooldowns to suit. Disengaged "Sassy Black Preacher Man" subroutines. Waiting for approval.
Approved