[QUESTION] -- Sig Concepts

I have a few concepts for my future Sigs in mind, but I'd like to get some of them the greenlight before working toward obtaining them.

Concepts:

BARRIER TRIGGER:

The Initial Concept was to simply add something like "Haste" to the Barrier Skill I already have -- but for the Effects of Haste to remain active until the Barrier was destroyed ((RP-wise, the Barrier would be the source of the increased speed, and thus would constantly provide it to the Navi until it was destroyed)).

I wasn't sure how much SP that would cost, though (since the cost of Haste is based on the Number of Turns active, among other things).

So instead, I thought: "Hey? Why not make it a Trigger?" The idea is: [While Warrior has a Barrier Active, he is granted "Haste"]

HOWEVER -- I'm slightly unsure of how Triggers work.
1: Are they automatic? Or do they still cost an Action to Activate?
2: Would they stack, if the condition was being fulfilled multiple times at once? (Actually, considering CD, this wouldn't necessarily be possible. But I can't see this type of Effect having a Normal CD. Maybe one like "CD begins when Barrier is destroyed" or something)
3: In this Case, would the Sig just have the same Cost as a Passive? Or would it be cheaper, since it's more conditional than passive?

Attaching this to the actual Barrier Sig itself (IE: the initial concept) would inevitably make the Barrier have a longer Cooldown, and would also restrict the Effect from triggering on any other Barriers I put up (IE: It'd be exclusive to the Barrier it's attached to).
This method, I feel, is more fair. The main reason being that it's just way less available to me than the Trigger-Method. However, I wouldn't know how to calculate the SP Cost for that, and I'm beginning to worry if such an Effect is even allowed.

So I need help with that =\

As for making it a Trigger -- I don't want to do that if it ends up costing as much as a regular passive (because why not just make a passive out of it, then?). I have an idea of how it could work, though:

[[b]Haste[/b]] -- [(40)? SP]
[[i]Excuse the lack of RP Information, please[/i]]
[TRIGGER: When Warrior activates a Barrier, he gains the Effects of Haste as well, until that Barrier is destroyed]
[If Warrior has multiple Barriers Active, this effect only applies to the First One]
[This Sig goes into CD immediately upon the destruction of the Barrier it is Attached to]
[For every Turn (beyond the first) that Warrior enjoyed the added benefits of this Sig, it gains +1 to its CD]
[[b]1 CD[/b]]

Best I could come up with. Also, I was under the assumption that the above Sig wouldn't cost me an Action to activate, much less to keep active per turn.

Next...

OBJECT SHENANS

If I were to create a Light-Weight object, with say, 1 HP (think: soccer ball), I'd still be able to move/throw/kick it around with RageClaw or anything, right?

Additionally -- if this Object were to get struck by an Attack (assuming said Attack didn't have Object-Penetrating Properties) -- would it spare me the Full Damage of the "intercepted" Attack?

AND -- instead of making a dirt-cheap object interceptor -- if I made the 1-HP, Lightweight Object, could I kick it somewhere and then activate a "Gravity" Effect on it, pulling all enemies to the Object's location?

1: Gravity would be a Trigger Effect on the Ball -- activated on adjacent targets whenever it is kicked/thrown somewhere
2: I'm not totally sure if Gravity can be aimed at all nearby targets, or just 1 Target per Instance of Gravity, but I'm obviously intending for it to be all enemies nearby
3: I don't want the ball being pulled toward Grounded/Anchored enemies because of it's Lightweight Property. Could I make "Anchored" a Trigger effect as well -- activating simultaneously with "Gravity"?

The End Result would look something like:

[[b]Gravity Ball[/b]] -- [101 SP]
[[i]A soccer-ball-sized sphere of purple, pulsing energy gathers between Warrior's palms. He can carry it around without restriction and still use Battle Chips/Sigs while holding on to it, but when thrown or kicked, the ball sinks into the ground where it landed and emits a powerful field of gravity, drawing all objects/enemies toward it, until it is hit with an Attack[/i]]
[Summons 1-HP Object {Lightweight+Equipable}]
[TRIGGER: When thrown near an enemy or group of enemies, this Object loses its Lightweight/Equipable Attribute and becomes Anchored until destroyed]
[TRIGGER: When Anchored, creates a Gravity Field that constantly draws in all Targets (within 3 Panel Diameter) until the Object is destroyed]

At first, I thought "I'll just make it a 0-Damage Nova3, with Gravity Attached", but there were a few problems.

Problems are 1: I don't know how the cost of Nova will affect that (Supposedly, I'm supposed to multiply the '3' (panel-diameter) from 'Nova3' to the original Cost of the Sig, but that's way to high to afford, currently.

Problem2: The Nova would imply that the Gravity is only inflicted once (whereas the intention is simply to specify the Range). However, the concept was for the Gravity to stay there, until the object is destroyed. Meaning A: enemies in-range of the Gravity Field are constantly pulled by it, and B: I could use Knockback/Microburst to knock more enemies into the Gravity Field the next turn, if they avoided the initial Gravity Field or simply weren't aimed at.

Not sure how it would work, but I tried.

The intention isn't supposed to be a "Hold" -- it's just supposed to be like a Vacuum-ish effect that constantly pulls at enemies. "Hold" would probably be added to that Sig, some day in the future. But for now: just the concept.

Lastly, concerning Objects again -- is it possible to put-up Defenses for Objects? For example, I have a Barrier Sig. Could I activate the Sig to put a Barrier up around the Object, instead of myself? Or even an for an ally? Or, would the Sig have to specifically mention having the ability to do so? and if so, how much SP would the Effect cost to add, if any?

Sorry for the long post, by the way.

Also, I'm not sure if anybody's attempted/done this before (although I didn't search very deep at all), but if so, could you send me a link to it so I could see how they made their's?
I can help clarify a couple things, since I've messed around with the system and asked a bunch of questions myself.

On triggers:
1: They are a sig attack/effect just like any other and require an action to activate unless you have spent the extra points to make them passive.

2: Since they are expended when they are activated they could not stack.

[...However the possibility exists of activating it once and if the conditions are not met, activating it again later in the same fight and having both effects go off at once. I say that because we seem to allow the stacking of "strengthen", and if someone has a x-hit shield active then uses a guard battlechip they have both at once, effectively increasing their number of block hits (though only 1 will have a counter attack). Does this mean you could have a barrier active with X HP then use the sig again (or another sig or a chip) and now have a single X + X HP barrier? Or would the second barrier overwrite the first? I wanna know myself, any mods out there?]

3: Something is either a passive, with the associated costs and rules, or it isn't. Nothing is 'effectively' a passive or 'considered' a passive. If you have a sig that does nothing unless another one of your sigs (or otherwise specified event) occurs, it can linger around, like a trap and wait. I have a sig like that on my navi, but mind you I have never tried to activate it a second time while the first instance was still active.

Here's Musou's healing Sig,
"Absorb Data": (Cost 40) [Opponent(Deleted): 30 Healing; 1 TCD]
Simple, right? I spend an action activating Absorb Data, then the next time an opponent is deleted I get healed for 30. It's more for flavor than effectiveness because I could just make a healing sig that heals me for 30 the moment I use it for the same 40 cost and 1 TCD.

Now, if I wanted to make that healing a passive effect with the same trigger, I would have to spend the extra points to make it passive. For 160 (which is 4 x 40) I could have a passive sig that healed me for 30 every time an opponent is deleted. Or for the same 160 points you could have a passive that does a blast of an extra 40 damage to an opponent of your choice when you use any battlechip.

Something I have had clarified to me however is that a passive effect may only trigger once each turn. Even if I spent 160 sig points to heal 30 when any opponent is deleted, it would still only happen 1x each turn. You DO have the option to control is a passive functions, or when it functions, so I could heal for 30 on the delete of my choice.. Or you could add a 40 damage blast following the battlechip of your choice.. But only 1x each turn.

How have I seen some people get around this limit? By taking the same (or a functionally identical) sig more than once. The same sig healing you twice? Bad. One sig healing you and another healing you when you defeat something? Fine. Some navis on here, for example, have passive moves that charge their busters for them. Though the sig effect buster charge mentions any charges gained in this manor vanish at the end of that turn. They just take the same passive sig twice and start each turn with a fully charged buster ready to go. This leads me to believe that all sigs are looked at completely independent of each other, even if you already have the same effect going on from something else. I assume the idea is if you spent X number of sig points on stuff and another navi spent the same X points, you should be pretty much equal (keeping in mind passive sigs are supposed to cost 4x the amount to save you an action point).

In my opinion, I don't think most passive effects are worth it. The raise in price means that you are immediately only getting a fourth of the effect you could otherwise. The fact that it may still only be triggered once each turn makes some ideas for passive sigs far less powerful. Really, all it does is save you an action point here and there and add some coolness and uniqueness to your character.

Your example sig, as an active would cost 40 points and 1 action and would give you the haste effect when your barrier became active, at that point expending it's effect. As a passive it would cost 160 sig points, no action points, and give you the effect of haste upon activating a barrier and as long as it lasted. Because you specified it lasted the duration of the barrier it indeed does. If you accidentally forgot to add that part, the passive would only give you haste immediately following your barrier activation and then it would vanish.

I've already typed waaaay too much so I'll leave the rest to other people, but as a quick analysis, the gravity thing could be done if you spend the cost of gravity and add it to the object's cost it could do it once and only once. If you spent 3x the cost it could do gravity once each turn it was out. Blast and Nova both describe their effects on damaging moves so you might want to ask a mod if they may be applied to gravity. Alternately, multi-target attribute would allow you to target X number of things each turn, as long as the ball is around, but of course the cost is multiplied by the same X. Does that mean the total[/] cost of the move or just the part of the move you are multiplying (since your adding it to an abject summon)? I would have to say the entire cost of the sig. Again, ask a mod for clarification.

On a side note, gravity, microburst, push and pull typically take into account the mass of the source in their effects. Meaning if a super light weight soccer ball used gravity, it will likely be flying to one or more targets super fast and not effecting them adversely. Well, other than having a fluffy soccer ball slap them in the face.
Mkay, thanks for the quick response.

To clarify -- the Trigger costs an action to initiate, but when it actually takes action it does so without costing an action?

IE: Your Delete Move. If you Initiate the Trigger on Turn1 (-1 Action to You), and you Delete an Enemy on Turn2, then the Trigger will take effect without costing an Action on the Secnd Turn, Correct?

If that's the case, then I suppose there's still plenty of things I can mess around with, concerning that.

------ ------ ------------ ------ ------

I have another idea about the Gravity Ball.

What if I just made a Sig with this kind of effect: "Target of this Sig may add Gravity to One Attack This Turn"

Accuracy: S

I have this strange feeling like I've seen it somewhere before, but I don't know where. If that's allowed, though, then I suppose it'll have to do for now, until I get more SP to work with. (Heck, I might even just put "Adds Hold to One Attack"... we'll see, I suppose. Just need to know if it's allowed).

Also, Point-Taken for the side-note at the bottom. I suppose I should consider doing something about that, too, in the future.
Instead of posting walls of text, let me go the simple route:

Haste Barrier
- To have a continual haste applied to your navi, you have to pay for every instance in sig points as well as cooldowns. You can't justify making a passive sig for a non-passive cost just because you could buy additional cooldown.
- Triggers require an action by someone, doesn't have to be you. The barrier being destroyed wouldn't cost you an action unless you decide to destroy it yourself. If the trigger happens, the effect will activate without further input. To put it simply, it takes 1 action to set the trap. If the trap is triggered, it will activate without costing an additional action to you. Just like a mousetrap: you have to set the trap by pulling the spring-loaded bar to the ready position, but it will snap shut by itself.

Gravity Ball
- 1hp objects will not protect you from Phasing, Breaking, Beam, Spread, and other attacks (as they either pass through or have AoE damage). Also, attempting to exploit a ton of 1HP objects as low-cost replacement to regular defenses will likely fail to achieve approval, or backfire repeatedly.
- To have continual Gravity, you have to pay for each instance (or pay the passive cost)
- I don't see an issue with having an object change state (light weight to anchored), but you'll have to pay for both states

Barrier Casting
HP/X-hit barriers can be cast on objects or allies.
I like my walls of text, thank you Grim.

I'm not a mod so I cant tell you for sure 100% but I don't think you can use a sig to apply effects like you mentioned. I would think the potential for breaking the system or making a move too strong is just too great.

Gravity, for example is a single-target effect. What happens if you make a low hp object that lasts 3 turns that can give you a gravity effect once each turn? And then you claim it's benefit on area of effect or multi-hit chips/sigs? Balance is pretty much thrown out the window there. And what would stop this hypothetical transition from just applying to gravity? Should you be able to let it transfer nova/blast/multi-target/multi-hit for a simple low cost on the object and then let you chain hit things into the ground?

Anyway, I'm not implying your trying to abuse the system or anything, just giving you an idea of how it sounds when presented for acceptance. And honestly, role play is a huge part in what you do so you might come up with clever new ways to use even sigs that appear to be set in stone. You will likely be rewarded for doing so and have lots of fun in the process.

Or how about this, for example? Your summoned soccer ball can be hurled, kicked, etc at your foes for either some kind of flat-out damage or an effect. As you get more sig points, add pull to the ball which it can do just once, to return to your hand (or whatever steps in the way between you and the ball). And then punt it again. When you get even more sig points, make the pull passive (3x cost on objects) so the ball may return to you every turn until it's gone.

The only thing to be careful of here is to find a way, within the rules, you can use the ball more than once a turn. Perhaps it has 2 different effects and one triggers on the first use in a turn and the other on the second use?

Honestly most of this talk is moot just because when you throw an object it deals damage equal to it's hp and then it's broken. If it misses it may be re-used. It would, in other words be a fancy and less-accurate version of a sig that just said for 40 sig points I shoot someone for 40 damage. You could add explosions or effects and turn your ball into a bomb/grenade, but the costs are balanced in a manor that you do the same damage if it blows up on the enemy as if you just smack them in the face with it.
@Grim -- Mkay, thanks for explaining and making it simple xD

@Lance -- I think that's a neat idea, and I'll be putting some thought toward it for future use. ((IIRC, 'Knockback' wouldn't destroy the Object, but just Damage it a lot. Maybe I could do somethign for that -- but that's future stuff))

Also, I totally neglected (until now) that Passive Effects on Objects is only x3. So that should make a Passive Gravity-Attack on the Ball much easier to make.

ADDITIONALLY: Instead of making my Barrier the source of my Haste, could I make another object the source? For example:

[[b]Amulet of Speed[/b]] -- [(20 + 1) SP [color=BBBBBB](Properties Cost)[/color] + (40 * 3) SP (Passive Cost) = 141 SP]
[[i]An amethyst amulet materialized around target's neck, emanating a powerful aura and enhancing mobility[/i]]
[PROPERTIES: 1 HP + Light + Equipable]
[PASSIVE: While Equipped, User has the Effects of Haste]
[[b]4 CD[/b]]

((Better yet, can I just make it have '0 HP', and destroyed on contact with any Attack? Or does it NEED a minimum of 1 [Because derp, that extra Point makes me cringe. I like numbers that end in 0's and 5's! xD ]))

Basically -- branching off of the concept that we can apply Barriers/Castings to objects -- my first thought was "what if a Barrier/Object applies a Barrier/Casting to me?"

And from that, I thought "better yet, rather than an extra Defense, why not a Self-Buff?"

In the Sig Attack List, under "General Buffs", every effect listed has no specific Target (and implies it can be aimed at Allies/Objects as well) -- so the main issue would be whether or not Objects themselves have that same ability to target allies/other objects.

On a similar note: Strengthen specifically mentions it can be applied to Chip/ChargedBuster Attacks, but doesn't mention whether it can/can't be applied to Sigs. So.... can it?

Oh, and, this will be the last question, guys. Thanks for all the help xD
The amulet of speed seems viable, but of course it needs to have a HP value of at least 1.

Objects can target other objects and allies, folks can make things like heal towers that passively heal 1 target each turn, provide shielding, etc.

As for Strengthen, "This ability allows you to add damage to a single Chip or Charged Buster attack." That is all it can be applied to.
I lied! I have one more question >.<

Casings say that they can be fused with Objects. I'm tempted to ask whether or not Passive Effects of the Object are inherited by the Casing, during the fusion -- but I believe I already know that answer to that (no).

My main question is: since passive effects can be applied to Objects (at a x3 Cost, instead of x4), can they be applied to Casings/Barriers as well for x3 Cost?

It's not mentioned anywhere, which usually means it's a "no", but I suppose it never hurts to ask. ((even though I pretty much just re-asked the first question of this thread....lol. More information has produced more curiosity, though))

Additionally -- for equipped objects, like the Amulet -- if I have a Barrier/Casing around myself, would the Amulet be protected as well (since it's technically inside of the Barrier/Casing, with me)?

Or would it act as a regular Object, being able to get hit regardless? In which case, what exactly does 'Equipable' do, beyond RP Effect?

EDIT: I think the "Defense Layering" Topic answered that question. Apparently Equipped Objects go in Layer 4 (along with Shields/Weapons/etc).

Which raises another question: Since the Amulet is worn around the neck (and doesn't technically take up a hand), would it still count against the "you can only have 2 things equipped at once to Layer 4" Rule?

(And seriously, this is the LAST question.... for real... xD ))
While I can't exactly answer the second question about if the object could be targeted or not(that might be up for debate depending on who is asked, I'd assume it'd be inside the barrier if you are wearing the object). As for what all you can do with passive objects and barriers. I'd highly suggest our resident armor bearer, aka Regalia. As he does a lot of things with object armor with passive abilities that it sounds like you are interested in doing. His signatures might help answer some of your questions.
- Casings and Barriers are stand-alone, and cannot be imbued whatsoever. The only defenses you can create with special properties are Planar Barriers/Casings/Shields (see Signature Attack Effect List -> Planeswalker Effects)

- Object armor is layer 3, and only 1 effect can be active at a time (so no Casing and object armor at the same time) I'm not entirely certain what is the limit for multiple pieces of object armor, I know it was discussed with Twi's newest Navi though.
@LanceKalvaz:

You may only have one barrier active at a time, any newly activated barriers have to overwrite the current barrier and become the active barrier to use. The reason you can equip two shields at a time is because a shield takes up a "hand" and you have two "hands" for the purposes of holding shields and launching attacks. When you have two shields equipped, you lose the ability to make use of your hands and can no longer launch attacks until one of the shields is either used up, or dismissed.

I'm a liar (in which case, I won't even bother making another empty promise about "this being the last question", in this post... Although it may very [ironically] be).

This has become my Sandcastle-topic... which means I may continue using it for future use (now if I could only change the topic title to "Warrior's Sandbox", lol)

CONCEPT

First off -- let me say that I'm going to (most likely) go with the Amulet of Speed idea (2 of my posts ago).

However, instead of summoning the same accessory per-use, I wanted to create a Set of Accessories underneath the Sig, and then Randomize which one I would get, per-use.

With a nerf, I should be able to afford a cheaper-version of the Sig relatively soon (within 2 Process Upgrades, or since I still haven't purchased my first one for reaching Level 1, this skill would theoretically be available on my next Level-Up).

Here's an example of how it would work:

[[b]Jewel Cross[/b]] -- [1 [color=#BBBBBB](Object HP) + 20 (Equipable) + 60 (Random Pool) = 81 SP]] -- [[u]1 Action-Charge Required[/u]] -- [[u]3 CD[/u]]
[[i]Warrior's Emblem materializes infront of the target of this Sig. The emblem emanates a bright white light while spinning rapidly, slowly shifting its shape into a Cross-Shaped, Jewel-Pendant that gently attaches itself to the target's neck after it stops spinning. Once attached, the white-light bathing the pendant appears to shatter, revealing the material empowering the accessory...[/i]]
[PENDANT: 1 Hp + Light + Equipable]
[Can be directed at any Ally/User/Mobile Object. Immobile Objects cannot be targeted]
[Warrior/Allies can only have up to 3 Jewel Pendants equipped at any given time]
[Warrior/Allies can pass a Jewel Pendant back and forth, but it costs a Movement or Take Aim action from each of them (the Passer and the Recipient)]
[Free Movement/Take Aim Actions can be spent to pass a Pendant]
[The Pendant Created is Randomized, as displayed in the Spoilers Below][/color]
(1) Topaz Cross of Life

[[b]Topaz Cross of Life[/b]]
[[i]A Pendant crafted of Topaz. Emanates a golden aura and enhances tenacity[/i]]
[Pendant Restores 15 HP to any Target, once per turn]
[If an Enemy is Targeted, only 1 HP is Restored to them]

(2) Citrine Cross of Balance

[[b]Citrine Cross of Balance[/b]]
[[i]A Pendant crafted of Citrine. Emanates a golden aura and enhances mobility[/i]]
[Pendant provides a Free Movement Action for 1 Target every turn]

(3) Onyx Cross of the Storm

[[b]Onyx Cross of the Storm[/b]]
[[i]A Pendant crafted of Onyx. Emanates a golden aura and appears to flow with electricity[/i]]
[Pendant imbues a Null-Element Attack or Chip with Elec Element, once per turn]
[Can Target User, Allies, or Enemies]

Here's Warrior's Crest/Emblem (mentioned in the Sig Description), btw:

Each Pendant has a Passive (x3), 20-SP Effect. So the Pool (for the Random-Effect) is 60. Oh, and, by the way (since I failed to mention it earlier), that link to Regalia helped a lot, so thanks for that.

QUESTION

With that sample in mind, the idea was to make a slightly larger list of Pendants -- but I don't know if there's a limit to how many Random Effects we can add. (Considering the more I add, the less chance each Effect has of being Chosen, I wanted to think there was no limit, but felt that I should as just in case).

If there is no Limit -- then I would pile on pretty much every 20 SP Effect I could think of, into the Skill. Having a very slim, but existent chance of rolling a number I need seems better than being completely stuck without a certain effect. So in all seriousness, if you tell me "there is no limit", there will literally be about 10-12 Random Outcomes of that Sig. #fairwarning

ALSO

As I Level-Up, I want to make it stronger.

Because of the Passive Nature of every Effect involved, every 30 SP I get will provide +10 SP worth of Effects to any of my Pendants (EX: Currently, the Sig costs 81 Sp. When it gets raised to 111 Sp, I could boost the 'Free Movement' up to a 'Free Feint', instead, because I'd have 30-SP per-Random-Effect to spend, instead of only 20-SP per.)

That being said, some effects (like the Amethyst Cross, mentioned earlier) would become available once reaching certain SP-Thresholds for the Sig. So, would I be able to add Additional Random-Effects to the Sig, after it gets approved? (IE: For now, Amethyst Cross wouldn't appear at all in the Random-Effect List. However, once this Sig becomes 141-SP [which gives me 40-Sp per-Effect], someday in the future, would I be able to add Amethyst Cross to my Random-Effect List?)

ANOTHER QUESTION

I'm gunna shoot for another Trigger-Sig... this time, basing it off of the "Jewel Cross" Sig, outlined above. Would the following Trigger be allowed:

[[b]Double Dip[/b]] -- [20 SP] -- [[u]1 CD[/u]]
[Warrior Chooses a Number (Based on the Number of Random-Possibilities 'Jewel Cross' has))]
[[b]Trigger[/b]: The next time 'Jewel Cross' lands on the Number Chosen, it is immediately re-randmoized. Only the results of the second number are kept (even if they remain the same)]

EX: Let's say I used 'Jewel Cross' as it is now (with 3 Effects).

If I used this Sig before Jewel Cross, I could pick a number 1-3. Let's pretend I pick 1.

When a mod (or whoever) randomizes the outcome of 'Jewel Cross', IF[b] the Result is 1, then that outcome is nixed and it is re-randomized for a New Outcome (obviously, this only happens once). If the Result is not 1, then the Trigger remains in wait-mode until the next time I use 'Jewel Cross'.

Aaaand that's all for today.

If my application of 'Random' is totally wrong, then ban me sorry about that, and just tell me how to fix it.

Also, for the Nerf on 'Jewel Cross' -- Since the Lv0-4 SP-Cap for a single Sig is 60, I added that Nerf to expand the Sig's SP-Cap to 90. If I did that wrong, let me know as well.

Thanks for the time -- and I didn't intend for this post to turn out so long... sorry, lol.
Right then, let's tackle these as they come. First off, awesome ideas, we as staff(and mods) love when people come up with inventive and clever ways to use signatures. So ya know, kudos to you on this.

Jewel Cross
Yes, you can make a signature like this. The random pool was made so that there is no limit to how many signature choices can be added to the roll. So if you want to have 10 or even 20 different possible effects that could happen on use. Hey, you can. Just know, the roll is done by the mod, and cannot be changed(more on that later).

Now the effects listed:
Topaz Cross of Life
It would heal flat 15HP to whatever target chosen, though the wearer would be the one who picks the target. Unless you specified it as heals only the wearer. There is no random target effect currently(nice idea).

Citrine Cross of Balance
Totally a thing, and totally nice to have.

Onyx Cross of the Storm
Imbue Element works only on Null-Element chip attacks, nothing else. Otherwise, yeah this works.

Double Dip
Pure and simple, no, this won't work. The roll for the random effect is done by the mod, it is not something you get control/say in(save what the possible results could be). You can't make a separate signature(or same signature) that changes the result of that roll. Sorry.

Signature Prices and Levels
Alright, now for the big one, that might throw a wrench into your plans.

Signatures have a maximum signature point cost, based on your navi's current level. That cap is as follows:

Navi Level = Max active cap allowed (Max active nerf cap) / max passive cap allowed
0-4 = 60 (90) / 15 (Start)
5-9 = 100 (150) / 20
10-14 = 140 (210) / 25
15-19 = 180 (270) / 30
20-24 = 220 (330) / 35
25-29 = 260 (390) / 40
30-34 = 300 (450) / 45
35-39 = 340 (510) / 50
40-44 = 380 (570) / 55
45-49 = 420 (630) / 60
50-54 = 460 (690) / 65
55+ = 500 (750) / 70 (MAXED)

Broken down, this means that from levels 0 to 4, the largest signature total you can make is 60, or 90 if it's a nerfed signature.(Nerfs can add up to 50% of the total cost to the signature in bonus points). Likewise, the maximum passive cost is 15(this is before the x4 cost), or x3 cost for objects.

What this means to you? The Jeweled Cross signature you designed above. Cannot be made until at least level 5, while it's upgraded version would be level 15+ for 30 passive, and 25+ for the 40 passive costs.

So yeah, it's a great idea, and I highly suggest you keep it in mind and make it in the future. Just letting you know you probably can't make it exactly as is, for a few more levels. But as I said at the start, keep the questions coming, because we love when people come up with clever ideas and uses for the signature system.
Oi, I totally neglected the passive cap xD

In that case, I'll just make the Pendants give a 1-Time-Use Effect (For a Chosen Target, then, since we can't random that up), which activates the turn-after the Pendant is Randomized.

IE:

TURN1 ('Jewel Cross' is used)
-Mod Randomizes-
TURN2 (Target is Chosen and Effect is immediately applied [costing the [i]Object[/i] an Action?])
TURN3 (The Pendant remains equipped until removed/replaced -- but it is drained of its energy. Can be thrown with RageClaw or sumthin, so it's not totally useless, I suppose)

So the Effects will stay the same -- but they'll no longer be passive.
Would this cost an Action from the object, or the User that the Pendant is Equipped to? Or does that simply have to be specified? (Totally Specifying the Object, if so).

Since each effect is no longer Passive, I'd no longer be dumping triple SP per Effect. In turn, I'm gunna most likely just use up a 20~25 Point Pool (to keep the Total Cost under 60 so that I don't have to use the Nerf), which would leave the finished Sig in the 2-TCD Range.

Until I Level-up some more, then, the Skill would look like this:

[[b]Jewel Cross[/b]] -- [1 [color=#BBBBBB](Object HP) + 20 (Equipable) + 25 (Random Pool) = 36 SP]] -- [[u]3 CD[/u]]
[Warrior's Emblem materializes infront of the target of this Sig. The emblem emanates a bright white light while spinning rapidly, slowly shifting its shape into a Cross-Shaped, Jewel-Pendant that gently attaches itself to the target's neck after it stops spinning. Once attached, the white-light bathing the pendant appears to shatter, revealing the material empowering the accessory...]
[Can be directed at any Ally/User/Mobile Object. Immobile Objects cannot be targeted]
[The Effects of each Pendant cost 1 Action [i]from the Pendant[/i], and can be applied to any Ally, Object, or Enemy, if the Bearer so pleases]
[The Effects of each Pendant take place the Turn after they are equipped, at any point during that Turn that its Bearer decides]
[Warrior/Allies can only have up to 3 Jewel Pendants equipped at any given time]
[Warrior/Allies can pass a Jewel Pendant back and forth, but it costs a Movement or Take Aim action from each of them (the Passer and the Recipient)]
[Free Movement/Take Aim Actions can be spent to pass a Pendant]
[The Pendant Created is Randomized, as displayed in the Spoilers Below][/color]
Topaz Cross of Life

[[i]A Pendant crafted of Topaz. Emanates a golden aura and enhances tenacity[/i]]
[[color=#333388]Pendant Restores 15 HP to any Target (each 'Topaz Cross of Life' can only use this effect Once)][/color]

Citrine Cross of Balance

[[b]Citrine Cross of Balance[/b]]
[[i]A Pendant crafted of Citrine. Emanates a golden aura and enhances mobility[/i]]
[[color=#333388]Pendant provides a Free Movement Action for any Target (each 'Citrine Cross of Balance' can only use this effect Once)[/color]]

Onyx Cross of the Storm

[[b]Onyx Cross of the Storm[/b]]
[[i]A Pendant crafted of Onyx. Emanates a golden aura and appears to flow with electricity[/i]]
[[color=#333388]Pendant imbues a Null-Element Chip Attack with Elec Element for any target (each 'Onyx Cross of the Storm' can only use this effect Once)[/color]]

Other Effects attached to this Skill will be:
Strengthen (+25) | Decoy | Barrier(25) | Shield(1) | NCP/Folder/Sig Resistance | Take Aim (for 2 Attacks this turn... or is that allowed?) | 0-Damage, Slashing/Nullify, B-Accuracy, Shot Attack

And whatever else my little heart contents.

I've got nothing else on my mind for now, but like I said, I'll most likely be using this thread as a Sandbox for whatever future ideas I get.

Thanks again for all the feedback and support.
Well, took me a bit to read, and re-read what you'd written to really grasp what you were attempting with it. But, I think I've got a grasp(other mods/staff, if I'm wrong correct me). So lets see here...

Quote ()

[Jewel Cross] -- [1 (Object HP) + 20 (Equipable) + 25 (Random Pool) = 36 SP]] -- [3 CD]
[Warrior's Emblem materializes infront of the target of this Sig. The emblem emanates a bright white light while spinning rapidly, slowly shifting its shape into a Cross-Shaped, Jewel-Pendant that gently attaches itself to the target's neck after it stops spinning. Once attached, the white-light bathing the pendant appears to shatter, revealing the material empowering the accessory...]

The signature would have a 1(1hp Object) + light(free) + 20(equipable) + 25(random pool) = 46SP, 2TCD(for every 40 points, it's 1 turn cool down, since that's over 40, it becomes 2TCD)

The target of it can technically be anything you yourself picked, and it's limitations would be mostly fluff/personal choice on registry.

Quote ()

[The Effects of each Pendant cost 1 Action from the Pendant, and can be applied to any Ally, Object, or Enemy, if the Bearer so pleases]

The effect would be triggered as a free action from the current wear.

Quote ()

[The Pendant Created is Randomized, as displayed in the Spoilers Below]
[The Effects of each Pendant take place the Turn after they are equipped, at any point during that Turn that its Bearer decides]

The object would be set up as:
Object: 1HP + trigger(start of next turn): Random effect from pool. It would activate only once, and it would be considered a free action from the bearer(not taking an action itself to use, so like a passive in that regard). It would then do nothing else save be a 1hp object that does nothing else again.

Quote ()

Technically, to my knowledge there is no limit, save if you personally wanted to make one, so that's fine I think.

Quote ()

It would take a movement action from both to exchange the pendant, but as it would do nothing after it's first cast, I personally can't see a point, but yes, a movement action from each(to give and receive).

So there ya go, a full signature, registered as you have it currently, would create a 1hp object, and the mod would roll what effect the gemstone that forms with it, will have. It will then activate the following turn. After which, it becomes a piece of jewelry/an object that might by luck block an attack.(that's probably situational/based on the mod's decision of who mods attacks in that battle).

Quote ()

[The Pendant Created is Randomized, as displayed in the Spoilers Below]

A note on this, you would have to register all the possible effects at time of creation that you wanted it to have. If you want to add more, it would have to wait until you got a Process Upgrade, or an editor to allow you to remake your signature.
Something I thought about while re-reading this:

One of the ideas you posted earlier was essentially a re-roll (double dipping), and it was more or less explained why that would be shut down.... however....

I think there may be a way you could wrangle the idea you wanted there within the current ruleset (please correct me if I'm wrong), BUT it would be costly:

Basically, You could make a second signature that contains all the same random effects as the first, but set it up so that it it acts like a trap trigger from the outset, with the trigger being the creation of one of the objects, potentially designated by number when you set the trap (this is my major concern; most things like this need to be fixed at registration, so you may not be allowed to 'choose' which cross triggers it on setting, the way you want). You could ask that the trigger be the creation of the trigger object, before the effect of the cross is activated, and the effect being the creation of a new cross, randomised in the same way (you might want to, aesthetically, add in a means for it to destroy the triggering cross as well; dealing a point of damage to the triggering object for example, but there'd be no mechanical benefit to doing this, unless it is your aesthetic desire to have a limit on how many crosses an individual can wear at once).

But, like I said, costly and a bit wasteful on points, since it would effectively require you to have two copies of the same signature, one of which would only have a very small chance of triggering at all in response to the first.

Also, it's four a.m., so... if I'm talking absolute nonsense, feel free to ignore me.
-
That actually is plausible, from what I can tell. But yeah.... that's a big investment of Sig Points, lol. It's probably something I'll look in to once I get a bigger pool to work with.

In the meantime, though, Warrior's right around the corner from reaching Lv5, (and tbh I almost forgot about this thread until you brought it back up!), so I'm gonna write up a prettier/more comprehensible version of the Gem Cross Sig, and maybe pitch a few more ideas that I thought were a little silly but worth the effort.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gem Cross (Same concept, new format)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* This Signature is created assuming Warrior is at least Lv5, with a 20 Passive SP Cap.

* SP Cost: 10 (Object HP) + 20 (Equipable) + (20 * 3) (Random Pool [Passive Effects])]

[[b]Jewel Cross[/b]] -- [90 SP] -- [[u]3 CD[/u]]
[[i]Warrior's Emblem materializes infront of the target of this Sig. The emblem emanates a bright white light while spinning rapidly, slowly shifting its shape into a Cross-Shaped, Jewel-Pendant that gently attaches itself to the target's neck after it stops spinning. Once attached, the white-light bathing the pendant appears to shatter, revealing the material empowering the accessory...[/i]]
[PENDANT: 10 HP (Light + Equipable)]
[A RNG is used to determine the Pendant created, using the list below as reference]
--- (1) Rose Quartz Cross of Mobility
--- (2) Topaz Cross of Life
--- (3) Ruby Cross of Power
--- (4) Emerald Cross of Protection
--- (5) Sapphire Cross of Concentration

Pendant Effects

* Note: These effects count as Free Actions for the Owner of the pendant.
** Note: The effects of any pendant can be used to target the user, allies, or enemies.

[[b]Rose Quatrz Cross of Mobility[/b]]
[[i]A Pendant crafted of Rose Quartz. Emanates a golden aura and enhances mobility[/i]]
[Passive. Pendant provides a Free Movement Action for 1 Target every turn]

[Passive. Pendant Restores 15 HP to a single target, once per turn]

[[b]Ruby Cross of Power[/b]]
[[i]A Pendant crafted of Ruby. Emanates a golden aura and enhances strength[/i]]
[Passive. Pendant provides a +20 Strengthening effect, once per turn]

[[b]Emerald Cross of Protection[/b]]
[[i]A Pendant crafted of Emerald. Emanates a golden aura and provides its bearer with a semi-translucent, emerald shield[/i]]
[Passive. Pendant creates a 1-Hit Shield, once per turn]

[[b]Sapphire Cross of Concentration[/b]]
[[i]A Pendant crafted of Sapphire. Emanates a golden aura and enhances focus and accuracy[/i]]
[Passive. Pendant provides two free Take Aim actions every turn]

This is the Signature that this entire thread is basically about. I didn't really add anything to it, but attempted to simplify it in the most effective way possible.

Multi-Layered Barrier (Silly concept, but worth a shot)

So I know that regular Barriers cannot have Effects imbued into them -- this would obviously be a Planar Barrier. Rather than explaining it before showing it to you, I'll go ahead and show you that concept, then say some words about it:

[[b]Multi-Layer Barrier[/b]] -- [60 SP] -- [[u]2 CD[/u]]
[[i]A thick barrier encompasses Warrior's body; one that cannot be destroyed by a single strike. Only layers of it will fall away at a time.[/i]]
[Creates a 20-HP Planar Barrier. Counter(When Broken): Creates 'Barrier 2']
↳ Barrier2 [Creates a 20-HP Planar Barrier. Counter(When Broken): Creates 'Barrier 3']
--- ↳ Barrier3 [Creates a 20-HP Planar Barrier]

So yeah. I thought about it, then told myself "Now now, don't be daft. That's just silly." Then I thought about it some more and was like "Hey, that is silly. But I want it anyway." And now I find myself here, asking you all about it =D

I formatted it in like... the clearest possible way I knew how to. Basically, when the first barrier breaks, it immediately summons the second barrier (provided I'm standing on Non-Normal Terrain). Likewise, when the second barrier breaks, it immediately summons the third barrier. And then when the third one breaks, Warrior becomes a sitting duck. Think of it.... I guess think of it like Alpha's multi-layered... skin... stuff. Yeah.

Naturally, I'd throw something even sillier into the mix, like changing the panels instantly before summoning the first barrier:

[[b]Multi-Layer Barrier[/b]] -- [70 SP] -- [[u]2 CD[/u]]
[[i]A thick barrier encompasses Warrior's body; one that cannot be destroyed by a single strike. Only layers of it will fall away at a time.[/i]]
[Creates a Solar Panel beneath Warrior]
[Creates a 20-HP Planar Barrier. Counter(When Broken): Creates 'Barrier 2']
↳ Barrier2 [Creates a 20-HP Planar Barrier. Counter(When Broken): Creates 'Barrier 3']

I think the silliest idea of mine is that I want to make it have a Trap AND a Counter (clearly because I'm afraid of Impact negating my Counter). But I don't think multiple Traps can be active at once (or even sprung from the same source), so I'd only put it on the first Barrier. The end result would be:

[[b]Multi-Layer Barrier[/b]] -- [110 SP] -- [[u]3 CD[/u]]
[Creates a Solar Panel beneath Warrior]
[Creates a 20-HP Planar Barrier. Counter(When Broken): Creates 'Barrier 2'. Trap(Impact Attack): Dodge]

So pretty much, if an enemy uses an Impact Attack, Warrior has a slight chance to dodge it before it crushes his barrier and makes him sad.

My main question is: Would this kind of a Defense be allowed? And if so... is there a clearer way of formatting it, or is that method the most clear (or clear enough) for now?

The progressive barrier is actually pretty much ok, I'm sure, though it would work best, I think, simply as a multi-stage trigger

(so, something like: Multi-stage: first (barrier), then, Trigger(on break), (barrier), then Trigger(on break) (Barrier)) etc. Like that.)

If you wanted to put the trap in, you could actually slip the trap function into the multi-stage quite simply, just as another stage between the setting of the first barrier, and the trigger for the next.

Mods correct me if I'm mistaken here,

EDIT: you asked about formatting, so, this is how I would formalise what you're looking at here, personally:

Multi-Layer Barrier:

Multi-Stage: First (Create a single solar panel underfoot), Then (20Hp barrier), Then (Trigger(Barrier Broken) 20Hp Barrier, Then (Trigger(Barrier Broken (20Hp Barrier))

You wouldn't need the trap here, since you can just set them up as triggers on the barrier breaking, and thus they wouldn't risk being negated by impact.
-
That sounds like a pretty sweet deal then. Also, it looks way more comprehensible than the way I wrote it, lol. I appreciate the help!

Now, I have another question about something I've been wondering for a while...

[th colspan="1"]Imbue Element[/th]
Imbue Element: 20 (40 if off-elemental) [Allows you to add an element to a Null Element attack. The element must be declared when you register this ability, and can only target a Null Element attack. You cannot use this ability on a Rapid Buster Attack (known as a Buster Shot), but it may be used on any Null-Element offensive or defensive ability. You cannot imbue multiple elements on a single attack. It costs 20 if you are imbuing your element, and costs 40 if it is any other element. You cannot select Null as a choice. Elemental Bonuses do not apply to attacks affected by this effect]

This is considered a 'Buff', so I assume it can also be applied to allies. Now... would I be able to aim this at enemies, as well? =3

[th colspan="1"]For Example[/th]
[[b]Sword of the Great Attack[/b]] - [20 SP] - [[u]1 CD[/u]]
[[i]A great and mighty sword shoots an enemy after it runs past them. Spectators are boggled with confusion and unable to respond to what they've just witnessed, so it causes them to become Elec Element, because that's clearly the only logical way of reacting. The shenanigans are upon us![/i]]
[Imbues target's next attack with Elec Element. This can be aimed Warrior, an ally, or an enemy.]

EDIT: Additionally, if I use '+20 Strengthen', but don't immediately put it to use, and then on the following turn I use another '+20 Strengthen', could I apply both of them to the same attack this way? Or do the effects of 'Strengthen' expire at the end of the turn?

Reference: The term 'Strengthen' in the Sig Attack Effect List doesn't clarify this. However, in the 'Terrain' Thread, 'Coal Panels' effect states that "Fire Elementals gain +20 Strengthen while on this Terrain each turn, but the effect must be allocated to Fire Element attacks only. As with normal Strengthen, it pools until used". This is what leads me to believe the it can, in fact, be applied to an attack multiple times over the course of two or more turns. Is this correct?

-
I'm not 100% certain on this, so, you'd probably be best to double-check with someone else on the chat, but, I don't believe you can apply Imbue to anything other than your own abilities. If only for the simple fact that it targets itself on an ability, and must be designated specifically by virtue of that, as far as I'm aware, thus, it's not really practically possible to hook it up to anything other than your own abilities, since you don't have control over what others re doing.

Working with allies may, possibly, be a feasible exception, in as much as, if you know what your ally is planning to do exactly, and can act in concert with them, it should be quite doable... but I'm pretty sure applying it to enemies is probably a no-go.... at the very least, I imagine you might be able to -try- tossing an imbue at an enemy target, but I think their behind-the-scenes for combat looks a bit different to players (not a mod, don't know for certain), so it may simply not work. Again, best thing to do would be to drop by the chat and ask someone this one.

Strengthen, however, does add up into a pool, which you are free to use some, all or none of with subsequent valid attacks. It's quite flexible, and is a favourite for using up left-over or excess points of a lot of folks here. Simply ,if a signature gives you 20 strengthen to use, as a part of its effect, you can use it at any time, but if you don't, it waits patiently for you to have a need for it, and if you apply further strengthen to yourself later, without using the first, it simply adds on.

Example:

1) Tess uses her signature "Some Strength" (40 Strengthen)
2) Tess uses her signature "A Punch Lacking Strength" (10 Null) + 30 Strengthen = (40 Null @ FakeTargetA)
3) Tess points and laughs at FakeTargetA.

(10 Strengthen remaining)

Turn 2

1) Tess uses her signature "More Power!" (80 Strengthen)
2) Tess uses her signature "Maximum Power!!" (80 Strengthen)
3) Tess uses her signature "A Punch with Potential" (10Null) + 140 Strengthen = (150Null @ FakeTargetA)

(30 Strengthen remaining)

And so on... please excuse Tess, she's not overly creative, being an example dummy that she is.