Recovery Active

Currently it doesn't really scale with ability to heal others at all, and is just and independent flavorless and needlessly complicated power boost.

Proposed active:
Status Recovery: Once per turn, as a free action, you may lose 20 healing from an effect you use - any number of times, and instead heal one status effect from targets for every 20 healing lost in this way.
I'd particularly like this, if only to add a little variety to Recovery subtype. I thought of suggesting a scaling IV, but this also works.
If I can throw my hat into the ring, what about something along these lines?

Backup: Give the undershirt effect to target ally. May only be used once per battle. No player may have multiple Backups in a given battle.

(I shorthanded the effect, but something along those lines)

Quote (Raigingekiexcel)

If I can throw my hat into the ring, what about something along these lines?

Backup: Give the undershirt effect to target ally. May only be used once per battle. No player may have multiple Backups in a given battle.

(I shorthanded the effect, but something along those lines)

Same problems as current one, but in a different form.

Not generally very useful.
Power without gameplay.
Doesn't really scale well with healing power.

Additionally: Trades complexity for being useless for most people.
I think it's ok as it is, a 3 for 4 with pure hp.. The reason being: a navi can have their SP or partner make them practically invincible otherwise. It honestly isn't that expensive to make a sig that heals and removes a status, just in case one is present.

A possibility might be: Change the healing subtype's IV active into one that removes a status ailment. Maybe it should give a scaling 1 hp recovery per navi lvl also or something, I dunno. Not impressive for a low lvl navi, no, but healing and status recovery at the cost of 1 action seems pretty spiffy. And more useful than "here is your IV, oops you took a hit, never mind, I can't help anymore"