How do I take jobs for the Netpolice/Mafia?

My character is a Mercenary, so I'm never going to become head of the Netpolice of Mafia, but I would kind of like to get started, or at least know how.

Also another thing about this mercenary character, I was wondering if I would be able to set up a private contract thread, basically if someone wants one kind of chip, but is RPing in a place that doesn't have that particular virus, so they can;t go there, or whatever could contract my character to find the chips for them, or something of a similar nature.
Well the Netmafia board is exclusive, unless you can see it, I've been doing it for a long while, but that's another story.

For the Netpolice, simply go to Internet City and find the Mission BBS and request a mission, for a reward of either 1000z, a low level chip, or a Graphic Model Override (offered one every 3 levels).

There are special missions you can apply for, when they come out.

For making your own board, I guess Homepage registration would do it. You'll have to set the homepage to [Public] so people can access it in-character without your pass code.
Ok, thank you.