Power Strike

Okay, I'm not sure if this'll clear, but I think its within limits.

Power Strike: This is a strong attack that Force delivers to the enemy, whether it be through punching, kicking, or any other form of his basic attack. At is simplest, easiest form, he strikes dealing 40 damage. However, if he winds up first, he sacrafices a little strength, dealing only 30 damage, but is able to send the target flying. He can also throw out his normal reservations on attacking, and strike the enemy as hard as he can, dealing 70 damage, but it leaves him in pain and he needs to recover.

So, basically

40 dmg (40 pts), 1 tcd OR
30 dmg (30 pts), Microburst (40 pts), 1 action charge time (+30), 2 tcd, OR
70 dmg (70 pts), 1 action recovery time (+30), 2 tcd

I have 40, so this'd use all of them, and the nerfs stay under. Unless, as i believe may be a problem, this attack is to multi-use, and non-specefic, or every different part adds towards cap, then this should be okay.

If they do all add to total, then I guess I would have to choose 2 of the effects, to keep it under cap.

So don't feel bad if I have to be yelled at for totally failing this sig designing, as its my most unique one yet. Plus, even if it does have to be shot down, I have a back up plan.

Fire Away.
That thar's 3 different Sigs.
See, that's what I thought. Although I was actually thinking it was more like 2 and a half.

In the effects list it says

Quote ()

Charge Time: Add 30 to cap per action. [A nerf. Requires extra actions to prepare attack [i]or boost the attack's effect.[/i] Cannot be placed in a signature with free dodges in it. Cannot be used on the same turn with another signature with free dodges in it.]

It says something similar in the recovery one, as well.

So I was wondering if I could have it do just 40 dmg, and then with the recovery or Charge time boosts its effect to include microburst or extra damage. And as I couldn't decide which, I just threw them both in.

So, I'd like to ask now, If I did limit it to doing only 2 effects, would it work. Like "40 dmg or 1 charge action and 70 damage" to boost the attack's effect? And if that is allowed, is the attack only 1 tcd if you didn't charge, or is it always 2 tcd?

Or did I miss the meaning of that line totally.

I understand If I'm still totally wrong. And I'll understand If I can have only one effect.
--No multi-use sigs will be permitted. Make two smaller ones.

It's in the rules of the Sig Sytem, not the Effects. The point is that you can still CHOOSE which attack you take. But I've heard/seen that boosts with nerfs ARE capable of being optionable in Sigs.
Alright, I'm confused now, sorry.

I can't have a sig with multiple uses, but i may have a sig with optional boosts with nerfs?

So does that mean that i can make an attack with an optional power boost with a nerf, as long as it has just that one effect and boost? So, like . . .

Power Punch: This is a strong attack that Force delivers to the enemy, whether it be through punching, kicking, or any other form of his basic attack. At is simplest, easiest form, he strikes dealing 40 damage. However if he winds up first he can strike the enemy as hard as he can, dealing 70 damage.

Thats 40 pts, 1 action Charge (+30) making it 70 total. Then, if that is right, now that it is just one effect, with a boost associated with a nerf, what would the cooldown be if I only did the 40 damage attack? Would it stay at 2 tcd no matter which I chose to do? Or would it drop to one if it only uses 40 that round?

And If I'm still confused over everything, ((Which I assume I am)), I'll just make it a simpler attack.

I kind of just want to know if that can work.
Nerfs are optional to APPLY, not USE. You don't have to have a nerf on a Sig. But once it's applied, the nerf effect happens whenever you use that sig. You have no choice but to take the penalty.

Am I being clear? You don't HAVE to have a nerf on a Sig when you build it, but IF you put a nerf on a sig, it WILL always be in effect when you use that sig.
Okay, I get it. Sorry for all the trouble.

Anyway, I guess I'll ditch the nerf then. I wanted there to be a stronger hit for me to have access to, but first I want to make sure I have a damaging attack that I can use as back-up should I run out of chips, or not have access to them or something.

Force Blast: Force draws out his energy, and focuses it around his palms. He then shoots it at the enemy, dealing 40 damage.

40 damage, 1 turn cooldown
Approved.